TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Type this concept.

Paraphrasing ...
    I think of everyone I meet in terms of being potential contacts. Not necessarily consciously ... but it's like no one stands alone. No situation stands alone. I could talk to someone about a project I'm working on, and if I leave on a good note, then he'll have positive feelings towards me ... and even though there may be nothing he can directly help me with, he could mention it to someone else who can - just because he thinks I'm a good guy. You just never know. I think of interactions with people as expanding my network, no matter who they are. If I do right by everyone, keep on good terms with people - then ... the image in my head is like a silvery web connecting people, conversations etc. Or like getting the ball rolling with one conversation that seems insignificant, yet causes a domino effect in terms of opportunity. If you don't put a little effort into getting people "on your side", establishing a connection with them, then you could be losing out on opportunities in the long run. It's nice to think of achieving something purely on your own steam, but realistically - if you look around you at all the people who've risen to the top - it's mainly about who they know.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Edit: hmm, EP? I was thinking creative Fi, but now I'm not so sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Logos
    Holy mud-wrestling bipolar donkeys, Batman!

Retired from posting and drawing Social Security. E-mail or PM to contact.

I pity your souls

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

He doesn't understand though that people are usually really sensitive to that kind of emotional manipulation. They'd probably fall for it first but they'd wonder why that person wanted a good note right away unless they were trying to sell me something. But we all fall for it, even the best of us.

So the good salesperson type is how I'm thinking of him. Technically, those people are useless (as most jobs are) because people want to just get what they want. The idea you have to persuade people to buy that junk makes me think its junk.

But he's dead on about life being about human relationships, and connections. And getting to know the right people and fitting in with them. I'm just curious as how successful he actually is. Or is he just another loud-mouth aspiring college student?

What about Gamma, ESFp?

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves View Post
    He doesn't understand though that people are usually really sensitive to that kind of emotional manipulation. They'd probably fall for it first but they'd wonder why that person wanted a good note right away unless they were trying to sell me something. But we all fall for it, even the best of us.
    Mm yeah - I'm sensitive to that kind of manipulation and can recognise it easily ... but even being aware, I sometimes fall for it. I watch people being obviously manipulated, and they're seemingly unaware and lapping it up - and that they can't see past the facade baffles me ... and yet when I'm in their shoes, on the receiving end of the manipulation - I can feel a pull that is deeper than the superficial - something which makes me relatively easily coerced even while knowing what is happening to me. Knowledge isn't necessarily power. (c: /c:
    But he's dead on about life being about human relationships, and connections. And getting to know the right people and fitting in with them. I'm just curious as how successful he actually is. Or is he just another loud-mouth aspiring college student?
    You could say that. (c: It's just his personal modus operandi though - he's not out there preaching it.
    What about Gamma, ESFp?
    It's a good possibility. I think Fi creative at any rate.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

He has a good sense. And is thinking about the world and how it works, so I like that.

Hey I didn't mean to be judgmental. I'm not successful either by any stretch of the imagination. I consider what I enjoy more as gifts or luck, and I think it's important to feel blessed. I am thankful right now for all the little I do have. Of course I want more. But I want true worth, not just the worth money can bring. =p

It just sounds like he has the right ideals to be a salesperson, so maybe he should look into that as a career? I don't know. I just know people feel good when they do have some sort of focus like that. My dream job is to write for magazines and the like. But realistically I'd have to work with others and I'd be afraid my own voice would get filtered too much. Guess I'm just egotistical and overly artsy. =D

Let's just say as a Beta I am more sensitive to my 'Charisma' stat. In others and in myself. So I can equally and ironically sometimes notice it all too well but also fall for it too easily.

Anyways yeah, I really feel he's Gamma ESFp but do you have anything else about him?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've read this before, here possibly?

Either that or I've got some weird written dejavu going on...lol.

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He has a good sense. And is thinking about the world and how it works, so I like that.

Hey I didn't mean to be judgmental. I'm not successful either by any stretch of the imagination. I consider what I enjoy more as gifts or luck, and I think it's important to feel blessed. I am thankful right now for all the little I do have. Of course I want more. But I want true worth, not just the worth money can bring. =p

It just sounds like he has the right ideals to be a salesperson, so maybe he should look into that as a career? I don't know. I just know people feel good when they do have some sort of focus like that. My dream job is to write for magazines and the like. But realistically I'd have to work with others and I'd be afraid my own voice would get filtered too much. Guess I'm just egotistical and overly artsy. =D

Let's just say as a Beta I am more sensitive to my 'Charisma' stat. In others and in myself. So I can equally and ironically sometimes notice it all too well but also fall for it too easily.

Anyways yeah, I really feel he's Gamma ESFp but do you have anything else about him?
    Yeah - I might write some more later. (c:

Quote Originally Posted by cracka View Post
    I've read this before, here possibly?

Either that or I've got some weird written dejavu going on...lol.
    I was paraphrasing a conversation I had with him a few days ago ... so maybe you have esp? Have you considered the possibility that you're Ni-leading? :-P

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    I was paraphrasing a conversation I had with him a few days ago ... so maybe you have esp? Have you considered the possibility that you're Ni-leading? :-P
    Hmm, so that's not something that's been posted here before?

Hmm, maybe i've just had a conversation with the same context, it just seemed TOO SIMILAR to what I remember though. Creepy.

Come to think of it...
    There's a chapter in the book Tipping Point by Malcom Gladwell where this type of person is brought up (Connectors)... I may be thinking of something along those lines.
    Sometimes having a great memory kinda sux...lol

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ENFj lol...I've felt the same way, albeit less outwardly oriented on as consistent of a basis.

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by strrrng View Post
    ENFj lol...I've felt the same way, albeit less outwardly oriented on as consistent of a basis.
    Where do you get the Fe-dominance from?

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    Where do you get the Fe-dominance from?
    Social network, spinning a web - the way they talk about it is like they're anticipating things to happen, and taking strategic action to ensure future payoff.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I got a sense he wanted to be intimate, to really like and find out what makes the person tic so they could mutually support one another. That's clear to me. It sounds like he was aiming for a 'business/pleasure' hybrid mix which is Delta or Gamma Fi.

I got a sense he wanted to be more underhanded/sneaky with his emotions while internally appealing to the person's inner value system, so they would then buy whatever he was selling. Kinda like being tricked without knowing you are being tricked but then later realizing how it was your own fault and you really did want it all along. Ie; what a successful businessman would do. So the buyer would then also get a feeling of class/elegance. He would be wise not to over advertise himself as well, it seems. But he definitely seems to have the extroversion for the endeavor as well.

Of course my understanding of is just as raw and underdeveloped as types understanding of my .

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Social network, spinning a web - the way they talk about it is like they're anticipating things to happen, and taking strategic action to ensure future payoff.
    That sounds like gamma Fi not beta Fe.

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by snegledmaca View Post
    That sounds like gamma Fi not beta Fe.
    Then I must be gamma (lol @ huitzi) because I've always had a propensity to spin social webs in real life interactions. And I would always plan ahead, and anticipate how people would react, etc. You guys are taking the word "web" and connecting it to "network" which you assume is Fi because it's a static field, but that's erroneous and an overly-literal interpretation.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

You guys are taking the word "web" and connecting it to "network" which you assume is Fi because it's a static field, but that's erroneous and an overly-literal interpretation.
    That's not really how I came to that conclusion. I just looked at all me and my friends, and it's not something we're good at. And I'm supposedly this thing called 'IEI' which means I value , as do people I enjoy associating with. So yes, I came to my conclusions once again based on internal experiences rather than external logic. But sue me. I'm usually right anyway. I just use a different process.

Then I must be gamma (lol @ huitzi) because I've always had a propensity to spin social webs in real life interactions.
    How specifically? It's a lot more than livening up a crowd or spinning social webs for their own fun sake of socializing. It's putting people in their niches to offer their most productivity or something. I don't know. I'm not Gamma. Their way of behaving is foreign to me. I think you're missing the point that this person seems to want social situations 'to go places' and it just had this business-y vibe to it that I don't see any Beta really having. We're about changing and confronting business not conforming to them.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Then I must be gamma (lol @ huitzi) because I've always had a propensity to spin social webs in real life interactions.
    I think there may be quite a difference in your "social web" vs. this person's.

This guy does it through being "good" to people:
    "I could talk to someone about a project I'm working on, and if I leave on a good note, then he'll have positive feelings towards me ... "
    "put a little effort into getting people "on your side", establishing a connection with them"...

I hardly think you are anything like this person... if so you'd be considerably different to people on this forum, in my opinion.

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How specifically? It's a lot more than livening up a crowd or spinning social webs for their own fun sake of socializing. It's putting people in their niches to offer their most productivity or something. I don't know. I'm not Gamma. Their way of behaving is foreign to me. I think you're missing the point that this person seems to want social situations 'to go places' and it just had this business-y vibe to it that I don't see any Beta really having. We're about changing and confronting business not conforming to them.
    It's just riding off of the waves of artificial emotion for entertainment, pinning people against each other, keeping them guessing, and watching them act stupid, lol. Maybe I misinterpreted the person's post, but that is where I'm coming from. I just always sort of enjoyed using the social scene as entertainment, something to fall back on and toy with.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

It's just riding off of the waves of artificial emotion for entertainment, pinning people against each other, keeping them guessing, and watching them act stupid, lol.
    To me that's not Beta, Gamma, or Delta. That's Alpha. The nihilistic eternal child playfulness you describe just reeks of Alpha. That is, if this theory is worth its weight.

I just always sort of enjoyed using the social scene as entertainment, something to fall back on and toy with.
    Betas do this too. But we're more epic and serious than that. If you're doing it just COMPLETELY for the fun of it, than you are Alpha.

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nick an Alpha - w00t. Yeah, no - it's more like Cracka's describing. Not an entertainment thing - sincerely trying to be on good terms with everyone so that things don't come back to bite him ... and so that good things can potentially come of the relationships.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There's definitely an Extravert at the helm, here. This is the kind of thought process I see in them a lot.

ENFj, or ENFp. The confusion doesn't make sense functionally, but... I don't know, that's what is coming to mind.

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To me that's not Beta, Gamma, or Delta. That's Alpha. The nihilistic eternal child playfulness you describe just reeks of Alpha. That is, if this theory is worth its weight.
    No, I do it for entertainment because it's fun. It has nothing to with SiFe; that is retarded. Stop misrepresenting functions. I have talked to gammas who tell me they have done the same things. The fact that I do it is enough proof; there's no way I'm alpha.

Betas do this too. But we're more epic and serious than that. If you're doing it just COMPLETELY for the fun of it, than you are Alpha.
    Oh yeah, the stereotypes grrr betas are into dramatic emotional expression. Give me a break. The reason I did it was manipulative, not some dumbass alpha desire to enjoy the present emotional atmosphere.

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Carla View Post
    Lol, you're just so badass, strrrng. Brrrr, you're spooky.
    Not really lol, it was just that the normal social environment was only good for entertainment, and most people weren't worth the effort, so I just got what I wanted out of it.

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here's another quote of his I've paraphrased:
    I find it a constant struggle to prove my sincerity to people; it is very important for me to be sincere, kind, thoughtful to everyone. That's a problem of mine - trying to be a blessing to too many people and ending up being a blessing to none or few. People can take my lack of follow-through to be insincerity, but I'm just out there trying to please a million other people!

I wouldn't say I'm emotionally needy. I only come across like that if I feel the person dislikes me. I will go over the top and be a bit gushy (pretty much just plain gross) and smothering in my attempt to regain that person's love. Hating me is a good way of getting my attention. I wouldn't be needy in the slightest in a normal relationship. If anything, I'd be slightly distant in the (still) constant attempt to get everyone to like me.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

extraverted feeler, maybe ENFp?

hmm second quote seems more Fe, could see ENFj as well.

Yeah ENFj makes sense, seems very Ni looking towards the future in the first quote as well.
    ILE - Ti.

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request