Thread: Questions to ENFps about leading Ne and dual-seeking Si

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Questions to ENFps about leading Ne and dual-seeking Si

Tell me what your Ne feels like. You can PM me if you want.

And/or tell me what Si dual-seeking feels like.

Pretty please thanks :]

Nick, SHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! I want none of your nonsense!!! ENFp's only!!!! And no arguing with them or loling @ them!!!!!
    SEE Unknown Subtype
    6w7 sx/so

[21:29] hitta: idealism is just the gap between the thought of death
    [21:29] hitta: and not dying

TIM
    EII/INFj
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What would help you understand this? Visualizations? Anecdotes? Dry descriptions?

There's so much that I could say about both of these things, but I don't really want to write a dissertation at the moment on this.
    INFj

9w1 sp/sx

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Khamelion View Post
    Nick, SHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! I want none of your nonsense!!! ENFp's only!!!! And no arguing with them or loling @ them!!!!!
    lol, I was preparing to launch a sarcastic escapade of arguments until I saw this.

hmm...you're quite adept at...noticing peoples' behavioral trends and...inferring how they will behave in the future...for a supposed...Ni dual-seeking...

MOTHAFUCKIN HMMMMMM

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tereg View Post
    What would help you understand this? Visualizations? Anecdotes? Dry descriptions?

There's so much that I could say about both of these things, but I don't really want to write a dissertation at the moment on this.

Take your time...I'm in no rush.

I think what would help most is...examples of how it shows itself in daily life...or in common life situations...so anecdotes should work, mixed in with visualizations.

Nick....what did I tell you???!!!! >

I find myself wanting to explain that issue...but I'm not falling for it. >

ENFp's!!!!!!!!!!!!
    SEE Unknown Subtype
    6w7 sx/so

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ne...well, I constantly think about where things are going. Not where they are. The bad part is I don't enjoy the present moment as much. The good part is I am better prepared for where things could end up/adaptable.

I also see the end result of what could be. If a friend says she makes crafts I tell her all she needs is a web site and she can sell those if she markets to a certain group, and then I picture her on Oprah -- and it's completely possible.

Nothing is really certain to me. I live here now, but I might not in three months. I have these people in my life now, but might not know any of them in a year. A risk I took worked out well this week, but next week maybe it won't. So I'm always ready to abandon everything and start over. Things are constantly changing to me, and nothing is ever stable. I guess that is Ne?

As for Si, I get frustrated if someone takes me to a noisy, chaotic, ugly, uncomfortable restaurant where the waiters are hitting into the back of my chair and yelling orders into my ear. But I really appreciate a dark little lounge with pretty candles and velvet comfy couch things. I like fuzzy blankets, stuffed animals, pets, etc. anything soft. I like people who know good food and it annoys me when someone likes pizza that tastes like cardboard. I also prefer silence to forced conversation.
    Hi! I'm an ENFP. :-)

TIM
    EII/INFj
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is what Ne feels like to me.

Ne can be a time consuming element. Exploring tangents, rigorously thinking through possibilities that haven't happened yet, rigorously thinking about how things might have been or might have been different. Each tangent I take is like riding a wave.

Here's an example. And this is really only the tip of the iceberg. So, keep that in mind. You might have seen this before:

So, this really only shows the end product (the entire "map" being drawn out), it doesn't really explain how I visualize the tangents as I'm going through them.

What this comic doesn't show you about how I actually end up exploring tangents in this way is that as I go through each tangent, I never know where it's going to end up taking me. I just know that it's going to be somewhere random and probably completely unrelated to the starting point. But I can't project and foresee the end of the road. I can only see where I've been and where I'm at right now and maybe the immediate next step I'm about to take.

See, for each tangent I find myself on, it always starts with something that catches my interest which leads to a more in-depth look at closely related topics or looking up more information about the actual topic itself. In the comic, this would be the "Tacoma Narrows Bridge". The beginnings of the tangent would be something like this:

I'm sitting at home watching TV, and I see that famous old clip of the Tacoma Narrows Bridge rocking, twisting and collapsing in the wind. Like seeing it in some music video or commercial, something somewhat unrelated to the bridge.

You've probably seen it before

Even though the context in which I see the clip is just "background noise" to what is actually being shown, it still catches my eye. The process will usually go something like this "I've seen this clip before, what is the name of that bridge? What is the story of that bridge?"

So then I use my trusty friend Google. And I start with some search queries. Which, I have to mention here that I sort of feel like I know intuitively what phrases and words to use to get the information I want, even though I don't know the name of the bridge yet. This comes rather naturally and fairly easily to me.

So the query I would have used would be something like:

"twisting bridge" "collapse"

Which then gives this:

And I what I notice of course is the number of times Tacoma Narrows Bridge is mentioned, and then I look at the date, (1940) and in my mind this seems like a very likely hit. I watch the YouTube clips to confirm this is indeed the bridge I saw in the clip, which I would in this case.

And so, the next stop would be to maybe look at the various YouTube clips related to this bridge collapsing, (color news reels, other angles), and then after that looking at other YouTube clips of bridges that have collapsed.

I should note that the Related Videos section when watching a YouTube clip is a frequently used space for me. I find that that is a very natural utility for exploring Ne-like tangents.

So then I might go, ok, I want to learn about the actual bridge itself. Wikipedia becomes my friend.

I'll continue this in another post.
    INFj

9w1 sp/sx

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How bad do you want to be an ENFp, Khamelion?

Are you that much in love with ISTps?
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ENFp's only!!!!
    oopss... sorry you can spank me now
    Last edited by Park; 10-06-2008 at 01:37 AM.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    EII/INFj
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm going to try to walk through what goes through my mind when I'm going through these tangents.

So we're here looking at a longer article at the Tacoma Narrows Bridge. I don't know much about its history or the background behind why it collapsed. I find that for basic informational purposes, Wikipedia is quite good at helping me have a more basic understanding of these types of things.

What happens is that as I'm reading up about its background and construction, the various links throughout the article draw a significant portion of my attention. This serves exactly the same purpose that the "Related Videos" section does for YouTube. The links might be somewhat loosely related to the actual topic itself, but sometimes this isn't apparent. I'll explain that shortly. In any case, in the picture above, I notice that "Galloping Gertie" is linked. That sparks my curiosity, so I open a new tab to see if any more information can be obtained from that article. I also notice "suspension bridge", ahh, maybe there's some esoteric information I can pick up that's interesting about suspension bridges. It's worth a look. New tab.

Now, I can really only focus on one tangent at a time, but I can have simultaneous paths going.

This process is actually very similar to the programming concept of Binary Search Trees. (I just looked up "search trees" in google, which then I was given the proper term "binary search trees" which then I just found the wiki article for it, fyi)

So, what happens with Binary Search Trees is you go down a given branch from node to node. If the node doesn't have any branches, you go back up the tree.

So, you start at the top (Node 8 or, "Tacoma Narrows Bridge" if you will), and go down the left branches. (Go to Node 3, then Node 1). Node 1 does not have any branches coming out of it, so you go back up to Node 3, and then down to Node 6. Then you go down further (to Node 4), and so on and so forth.

I'm explaining this because this is basically what happens when I follow multiple tangents at the same time. I will follow a tangent to some arbitrary end (Node 1 would be that "end"), then go back "up" the tangent and follow other related branches.

So think of each Node in the tree as a tab in my browser. Each link in the wikipedia article represents a potential new tab, and I will open one if it's interesting enough for me. And this process can get rather stringy and long, as you probably can imagine.

So, I mentioned before about topics that are like WTF kind of jumps like, "How in the world did you end up there?" Below is a perfect example of this.

The article is about suspension bridges, but I notice this link to Edinburgh. And my mind instantly thinks about Scotland, Edinburgh, and it catches my interest. Without knowledge of this Wiki article, that connection can't intuitively be made, but it is there. In other words, when I say "suspension bridge", I bet that "Edinburgh" isn't one of the first things that cross your mind.

But just that one word, "Edinburgh" triggers a new branch of tangents, I'm reminded of Edinburgh Castle. I've heard a lot about it, but I want to learn more about it.

New tab.

Then I start to get sidetracked and start to follow this path. The other nodes are still within sight, like the Tacoma Narrows Bridge, suspension bridges, etc. But my fleeting attention is currently on Scotland, Edinburgh and other related things.

Which leads to more links and more opportunities to explore.

And this process continues until I'm tired of learning about it, then I find my way back to suspension bridges, and the original topic, the Tacoma Narrows bridge, and either get tired (hours later) or start a completely different set of branches off of one of the nodes. Like, there's a link in the Tacoma Narrows Bridge page that leads to "electronic toll collection".

But keep in mind, before I move to each node, I'm learning information within the node. But they come to me in a scattered fashion, in bits and pieces. Nuggets of information.

This is how my mind naturally sort of learns about and explores things.

Contrast this to opening up the Tacoma Narrows Bridge Wiki article and reading all the way through it in one sitting. Sure, I can do that. But that doesn't come naturally to me.
    INFj

9w1 sp/sx

TIM
    EII/INFj
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So the above example is just a slice and a very small segment of how I explore these tangents in everyday life.

The above example is a rather short example, as I will probably extend the tangents several levels deep.

But like I said, this happens in less "concrete" situations as well. Like, for instance, spending an inordinate amount of time thinking about all the variations of possibilities about impending meetings or social gatherings that are upcoming. And it can be as detailed as I want them to be. I have full control over how detailed I want it to be. And I have no problem exploring these things to a very fine and granular level of detail ().

Even in explanations like what I've decided to undertake with these last few posts I've done.

Ne and Te sort of work in tandem in this regard, where Te dictates how deeply I explore the possibilities, and Ne represents the opportunities that are presented to me given how deeply I wish to explore a topic.
    INFj

9w1 sp/sx

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol uhh...kelly, you're not ENFp.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmmmm I seldom go into that kind of detail with things unless Im very interested in them. When I was a child I loved reading the encyclopedias for information. Nowadays my interest is a bit more focused on the things I enjoy and that have some connection with what Im looking for in life. I feel like Im in a constant search for some special key information that will make something in my life make more sense. I am looking for some special insight that will bring disharmonious ideas together. Its easier to change my environment than to reframe it and try to see it differently. I think true success lies in a little of both.

Topaz
    The artifact which is the source of my power will not be kept on the Mountain of Despair beyond the River of Fire guarded by the Dragons of Eternity. It will be in my safe-deposit box. The same applies to the object which is my one weakness.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exploring tangents, rigorously thinking through possibilities that haven't happened yet, rigorously thinking about how things might have been or might have been different. Each tangent I take is like riding a wave.

See, for each tangent I find myself on, it always starts with something that catches my interest which leads to a more in-depth look at closely related topics or looking up more information about the actual topic itself.
    But like I said, this happens in less "concrete" situations as well. Like, for instance, spending an inordinate amount of time thinking about all the variations of possibilities about impending meetings or social gatherings that are upcoming. And it can be as detailed as I want them to be. I have full control over how detailed I want it to be. And I have no problem exploring these things to a very fine and granular level of detail.
    Perhaps not as excessively as you, but I do these things (the parts I quoted) a lot and quite regularly.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Winterpark View Post
    Perhaps not as excessively as you, but I do these things (the parts I quoted) a lot and quite regularly.
    I think it has something to do with being irrational.

Topaz
    The artifact which is the source of my power will not be kept on the Mountain of Despair beyond the River of Fire guarded by the Dragons of Eternity. It will be in my safe-deposit box. The same applies to the object which is my one weakness.

TIM
    EII/INFj
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is how Si dual seeking feels to me.

For me personally, this feels like a neglected side of mine. I find that I have a hard time conjuring the same ... hmm... feeling of what I experience when I experience calming, soothing Si aspects.

I've always felt that there's something a bit out of reach with regards to myself and allowing myself to soak in and ... hmm... enjoy my immediate physical environment.

There are very rare times when these informational aspects are provided for me, where it sort of feels like... like it would have been almost impossible for me to produce the same quality if I had tried to produce it on my own, and because it comes rather organically it just has a way of getting me to forget my zany possibilities and relax. It centers me.

I have such a tremendous appreciation for those moments when I can be in the present, look around the landscape and just watch. The sensory information sticks with me, they become the strong memories for me, the smells, the sounds, the colors, the tastes, the things I can touch and feel.

Like jewels, I prefer for this to happen when it's not hectic and I can sort of look at the landscape from the outside looking in. A fly on the wall, non-intrusive. There's just something about it that I just don't get enough, but when I do get it, it enriches me.
    INFj

9w1 sp/sx

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

xxx: flat beds on aeroplanes
    xxx: sunrise over the north atlantic as viewed from 35,000 (under a duvet)
    xxx: with a hot toddy
    xxx: that is how i want it to feel
    xxx: ARE YOU WITH ME?????

?
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by implied View Post
    xxx: flat beds on aeroplanes
    xxx: sunrise over the north atlantic as viewed from 35,000 (under a duvet)
    xxx: with a hot toddy
    xxx: that is how i want it to feel
    xxx: ARE YOU WITH ME?????

?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Over the past few years Ive begun to consciously look for Si experiences. Before I was moving too fasting from one thing to another. I find that when Im around an ISTP espcially after we get to know one another well enough I feel very calm and centered when Im around them. Like I dont need to be anywhere else but where I am. And whatever is happening right now is happening to me in my life not in a dream or preparation for what is to come. Its happening right now and Im OK with it all. There does seem to be a mystical sort of connectedness that comes over me with certain people and in retrospect mostly people from Delta though I know I have had it with others as well. When I am very close to them I start to feel their movements/attitudes/feelings inside of me. Its not easy to explain but I feel connected to them in a nonverbal way. I suppose this has mostly to do with . I particularly feel this with some ISTPs I know.
    As an example, I was watching a movie with some people I had recently met. One of them was ISTP and we seemed to hit it off rather quickly. A scene came on that was uncomfortable for him to watch (That movie 'Best in Show', where the couple viciously argue back and forth. Hilarious ) The feeling of aggitation and discomfort arose in me spontaneously when the scene came on even though I had seen it before and liked the movie. Ive experienced it enough to know what was going on. It wasnt coming from me. It was from him. I could feel it, even though I wasnt looking at him, he wasnt saying anything and the room was filled with about ten other people. If I focused on each person i could pick up their vibe but with the ISTP it was spontaneous. I didnt even have to focus. Its weird. So I asked if that part in the movie was bothering him and he said yeah in that very characteristic akward ISTP fashion. As he was speaking I get this strange feeling in my stomache and chest (for some reason thats where the feeling comes from) and I discerned that his upbringing was rather violent and there was a lot of screaming and abuse. A few days later he admited, without me asking, that that was the case.
    This to me, is one of the ways my works in conjunction with .

Topaz

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How bad do you want to be an ENFp, Khamelion?

Are you that much in love with ISTps?
    I want to cover my bases The duality sounds close to ideal, more so than other dualities (hint: ESTp/INFp=meh)

oopss... sorry you can spank me now

No spankings for j00...sorry bout your luck! =P ISTp's can post too, and other Deltas. DELTA'S ONLY

Thanks for the responses....I'll get to really reading them through when I'm not so busy and/or tired ^_^

@ Nick - I'm not INFp either....why do you want me to be your identical so bad? :wink:

I could use your arguments against you, the one where you say we don't dual seek at all. That we have a perfectly fine arsenal of functions to use whenever we wish...and maybe, JUST MAYBE...I try to immerse myself in Ni type predictions and patterns in behaviors I notice the same way you immerse yourself in physical training and exertion. Just a possibility eh?!?! Sounds reasonable to me...I'm ready for you to shoot me down oh mighty Beta ;]
    SEE Unknown Subtype
    6w7 sx/so

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Khamelion
    @ Nick - I'm not INFp either....why do you want me to be your identical so bad?
    You're hardly my identical. Ni sub vs. Fe sub; 4w5 sx/sp vs. 6w7 so/sx.

I could use your arguments against you, the one where you say we don't dual seek at all. That we have a perfectly fine arsenal of functions to use whenever we wish...and maybe, JUST MAYBE...I try to immerse myself in Ni type predictions and patterns in behaviors I notice the same way you immerse yourself in physical training and exertion. Just a possibility eh?!?! Sounds reasonable to me...I'm ready for you to shoot me down oh mighty Beta ;]
    My physical training is not at all inherently about Se, so that comparison falls short. It's more about the masochistic sx 4 bullshit (props to naranjo).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I question Strrrngs type. I think Strrrng and Khamelion are duals. Khamelion is not ENFP.

Topaz

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

isn't it so Ne?!
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I want to cover my bases The duality sounds close to ideal, more so than other dualities (hint: ESTp/INFp=meh)
    Just wanted to second that "meh".

No spankings for j00...sorry bout your luck! =P ISTp's can post too, and other Deltas. DELTA'S ONLY
    Oops.
    socio: INFp - IEI
    ennea: 4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Twain
    Only kings, presidents, editors, and people with tapeworms have the right to use the editorial 'we'.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Topaz View Post
    I question Strrrngs type. I think Strrrng and Khamelion are duals. Khamelion is not ENFP.
    Strrrng is not IEI. You can see this when you compare his style of interaction to somebody like misutii. Example of misutii:

http://wikisocion.org/en/index.php?t...serlist#Salawa
    "I've read some of your posts on the forum where you've explored this subject (your type) and was under the impression that you were quite confident of being LIE, although you acknowledged the possibility of ILI. Is there anything particular about LIE that you've been uncomfortable relating to? I'm asking because, regarding your posts on the forum, you've demonstrated competence with the subject matter and have discussed the issue with others that have a greater understanding of socionics than myself (i.e. Expat). Thus I think it's reasonable to say that if I attempt to provide any sort of general "you are LIE because..." response it's unlikely to be of any use. On the other hand if you can direct me towards something particular it might be better focused and more interesting. For the record I'm quite sure you are a LIE-Ni subtype (whereas I think Joy, in contrast, is a LIE-Te subtype). Anyways look forward to hearing back from you."

"EJs, on the other hand, tend to readily take responsibilities upon themselves. Their relatively stable energy levels make them confident that if they’re up for something today they can be up for it tomorrow. This means they more often tend to make plans beforehand, confident in their ability to follow them through so long as they remain important. Extroversion is usually relatively easy to detect. It’s based on a sense of under-stimulation when alone, it’s this sense that therefore looks to the external world (people things etc.) as a means to compensate for the EJs inability to keep themselves stimulated. With introversion this issue is flipped. Introverts (especially IPs) usually feel an inner sense of stimulation and so too much contact with the external world leads to over-stimulation, which then may be countered with isolation to “recharge”. I.e. Whenever I go to a bar with flashing lights, loud music and lots of people, it’s obvious that I’m being “over stimulated”. It sometimes feels like I lose my ability to think for myself, I need people to follow around or I’ll end up feeling aimless and anxious so spend the night outside smoking. Though I resent feeling dependent on others in these situations I’m powerless to act for myself because every time I try to start thinking someone will bump into me, yell in my ear, or I’ll be distracted by the music, so I can never formulate a personal plan of action. But I see extroverts in this same situation and they seem to feed on it, are even pleasantly excited by it."
    Example for strrrng:

http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...ad.php?t=21795
    "If his goals couldn't be stated precisely, this points to Ni, not Ne. Ne is object-based, so you're not very likely to have trouble articulating the insights. And don't you know that Ni is dynamic, meaning that it is constantly changing, and given that it works with internal fields, this is what would cause someone to seem uncertain of their plans. Ni valuers have described this phenomenon countless times. And taking your dreams for plain reality is a classic beta attitude. He had visions and occupied power by INFLUENCING THE MINDS AND HEARTS OF THE PUBLIC, not grasping possibilities from multiple situations. Honestly, what the hell is this shit?"
    "Having the natural propensity for influencing the emotions of other people is the cardinal trait of ENFjs. And I wasn't even referring to how certain one is of their goals; I was pointing out how Ni is much less defined and easily articulated than Ne, and that Ni peoples' visions/ideas tend to have that wavering quality. No, those traits you listed were Fi stereotypes and they shed no light on the actual cognitive process that occurs when that function is used. And don't bother referencing me to your "sources"; I am only interested in your arguments. And it was by no means a leap on my part to say that you didn't understand the functions. I didn't say that you didn't understand the function preemptively; I read your analysis and then educed that you didn't understand them. And I don't want to argue that he isn't NF, lol wtf; he is Ni-ENFj. Period. You're going against one of the core typings here, so if you want to convince me or anyone else on this forum, you're gonna have to provide a better functional analysis and stop using reinin dichotomies to conflate definitions."
    "Are you kidding me? There is no reason why ENFj's aren't skilled at influencing others' emotions, aside from your shit reinin dichotomy fabrications. And if ENFj's are adept at understanding the emotions of others, doesn't it follow that they would be adept at influencing them, if they chose to? Yes, it does. Do you even understand functions? Have you read any of the type profiles? hmm...maybe if you continue with this idiocy I will paste some stuff from ENFj descriptions to show you you're wrong. And beyond that, denying the fact that Fe deals with not only understanding but influencing the emotions of others is abjectly stupid. Read augusta's functional definitions on Rick's site, read the definitions on the wiki. You won't find one credible source that has said Fe isn't about both of those things. Your position is laughable."
    The obvious thing for me is that strrrng's stance is firm, he knows exactly what is and has no qualms about making that "truth" known. Whatever type he is I seriously doubt IEI as a possibility, or any ethical type for that matter. I'd say SLE as most likely.

Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For me, Ne is a pathological form of novelty seeking, a way of escaping harsh reality (e.g. cooking proper food, doing the bills, filing my taxes).

Fortunately, I'm increasingly capable of eliminating stressful things, thus getting more relaxed, and in the process, get more of those boring chores done. For a long time, I wanted to be an SLI, I think I actually might becoming one
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aka-kitsune View Post
    Just wanted to second that "meh".

Oops.

You don't like you're own duality? O_o

And no need for the oops, I just mean I want Ne leading and Si seeking descriptions from Delta in general, without outside interference.

Quote Originally Posted by Topaz

I'm slowly starting to think you're right about the ENFp thing, HOWEVER....whhhhaaaaaaaaaaa? Duals? Is this a serious suggestion? Are you saying he is ESTp and I am INFp????!!!
    SEE Unknown Subtype
    6w7 sx/so

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@snegledmaca: that is a good point, one which multiple people have brought up. But I dunno...

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well....I for some reason don't really have the desire to explain WHY I've decided to rule out ENFp...but it just doesn't seem to fit. I am sans Ne it seems....

....but I still love me an ISTp.... Delicious and comfy...just as a Si type should be.
    SEE Unknown Subtype
    6w7 sx/so

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What I'm wondering is how come you think you value Fi? I can't base that on any of your displayed action. I would've pegged you as from a Fe quadra.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by snegledmaca View Post
    What I'm wondering is how come you think you value Fi? I can't base that on any of your displayed action. I would've pegged you as from a Fe quadra.
    why

what would displayed Fi look like?

or are you saying that since i display Fe, then there is no value for Fi?

does acting silly = Fe? because what lot of people claim is Fe is me acting ridiculous on purpose...and/or flirty. i am nothing but flirty, unintentionally a lot of the time. take that however you want...

i'm not aimlessly flirty, i'll act that way when i admire someones wit or humor. if i admire their insight and intellect, its much different.

if someone flirts first, im hard-pressed not to flirt back. assuming i admire them in some way.

whatever that means....
    SEE Unknown Subtype
    6w7 sx/so

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it has something to do with being irrational.
    maybe. I do it too.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by snegledmaca View Post
    Strrrng is not IEI. You can see this when you compare his style of interaction to somebody like misutii.
    [/INDENT]The obvious thing for me is that strrrng's stance is firm, he knows exactly what is and has no qualms about making that "truth" known. Whatever type he is I seriously doubt IEI as a possibility, or any ethical type for that matter. I'd say SLE as most likely.
    I agree that he's not IEI. I've always thought that was a dubious typing. He fights too much. Real IEIs avoid confrontation more than that.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    EII/INFj
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I find that when Im around an ISTP espcially after we get to know one another well enough I feel very calm and centered when Im around them. Like I dont need to be anywhere else but where I am. And whatever is happening right now is happening to me in my life not in a dream or preparation for what is to come. Its happening right now and Im OK with it all. There does seem to be a mystical sort of connectedness that comes over me with certain people and in retrospect mostly people from Delta though I know I have had it with others as well. When I am very close to them I start to feel their movements/attitudes/feelings inside of me. Its not easy to explain but I feel connected to them in a nonverbal way. I suppose this has mostly to do with . I particularly feel this with some ISTPs I know.
    I know exactly what you're talking about here.
    INFj

9w1 sp/sx

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what would displayed Fi look like?
    Hmm, off the top of my head, a reference to stepping over the line. But a real one, not the Fe one you did. Which was in essence telling one to behave. Kind of, showing anger to get a message across. That is, I'd say if a Fi type drew a line you would get definitive repercussions for crossing it, not a slap on the wrist in a "Ah! You silly fellow! You make me laugh/amuse me!" kind of way.

or are you saying that since i display Fe, then there is no value for Fi?
    Not really. More that you prefer Fe over Fi. Not that I agree with strrrng that you are his dual, but I agree that you are compatible in terms of IME-s. Your interaction with him is what I see often between Fe types, the emotional push and pull, recklessness and anger displays. First comes recklessness, then comes anger, then comes forgive and forget. With Fi types they remember it, they do not forget. Forgiveness is also harder. This is somethign often commented by Fe types as a disturbing aspect of Fi. They tend to find it aggravating that they cannot just forgive and forget, let bygones be bygones. Especially Fi PoLR types.

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
    I agree that he's not IEI. I've always thought that was a dubious typing. He fights too much. Real IEIs avoid confrontation more than that.
    lol, then what am I?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by strrrng View Post
    lol, then what am I?
    wow you left yourself wide open! But being the discreet and kind Delta that I am I will not take advantage of it. You my assertive, argumenative, garrulous friend are ...drum roll please.....Some kind of NT. TA-DAH.

OK that was anticlimatic wasnt it? YOU ARE....... INTP. TA DAH

Please report to Gama at once. Im sure your INTP brethren will scourge you for your lack of insight. After a good chastisment they will embrace you into their nerdy fold. Dont forget your pocket protector. Oh and you can take your ESFP girlfriend with you. Im sure she'll want to get in a few licks too. Plenty of tedious arguments await you in Gama, so run along. Take care.

Topaz

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wow you left yourself wide open! But being the discreet and kind Delta that I am I will not take advantage of it. You my assertive, argumenative, garrulous friend are ...drum roll please.....Some kind of NT. TA-DAH.

Please report to Gama at once. Im sure your INTP brethren will scourge you for your lack of insight. After a good chastisment they will embrace you into their nerdy fold. Dont forget your pocket protector. Oh and you can take your ESFP girlfriend with you. Im sure she'll want to get in a few licks too. Plenty of tedious arguments await you in Gama, so run along. Take care.
    You're not talking about me are you?
    SEE Unknown Subtype
    6w7 sx/so

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You said I wasn't INFp because I fight too much. So, how does this lead to me being INTp?

I was expecting something more entertaining, something I could ephemerally ponder in my boredom. Thanks a lot for falling short.

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by strrrng View Post
    I was expecting something more entertaining, something I could ephemerally ponder in my boredom.
    Here ya go. [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMqe3jKVd_M[/ame]

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    L O L

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast