Thread: How does the 7th function manifest in ISTps?

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Essentially it manifests itself by having an emphasis on cherishing the quality of personal experience over time, as opposed to accepting new better experiences when they come along and abandoning the old. Although, an dominant person may fight against what they have not personally experienced. For example, an American ISTp may go to Europe and look for restaurants that serves food that tastes American or they may look for similarities in paintings they see in some museum in France with those they have seen in America, things like that.

I think an American ESTps would be more interested in trying to immerse themselves in the sights and sounds of Europe and European culture if one was to go and would readily disregard what they have seen in America; assuming one was interested in European culture, anyhow.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rmcnew
    Does that make sense to you?
    Old thread but just wanted to say it makes sense to me. I'm often more delighted and excited about the similarities I see in other cultures/people than the differences.

I'm basically open to all new experiences but being more experienced than when younger I pretty much know in advance if I would like an experience or not. I am not very interested in trying things I "know" I wouldn't like. Trying to do something different and new doesn't excite me as such. As in traveling to a new country/culture that I know I wouldn't like doesn't excite me at all. Or trying out a new restaurant if I have already found a great one.

If I believe there is a good chance that the new experience is better than the old then I'm ready to go for it.