Thread: abducting other peoples lives

Default abducting other peoples lives

for those who dont know me already. i my personality type is ENFP, without a doubt, this has been confirmed many times, so i'm not looking for any advice on type in this thread.

anyways, so the purpose of this thread is to discuss the fact that i do not feel like i have a life of my own. every once in a while i will meet someone who interests me and i "abduct" their life.. meaning, i get to know their friends, i get to know their music, i take an interest in their interests... basically, i try to find someone who is happy and find out what makes them happy. i'm not saying that i dont have my own interests, i definatly do. its just that when i meet someone who strikes me as truly happy, i try to find out what makes them that happy by copying them as much as possible... anywho... thats all i have to say for now, thoughts are welcome...

FOR THOSE WHO WANT TO CRITICIZE: i have been diagnosed with double depression in the past, i am currently an alcoholic, i have lots of other problems which i'm not going to go into on this site... i know i have lots of issues and i am trying to work through them by trying to understand how my brain works by meeting like minded people at the moment. just think about that before you post extremely harsh comments.
    Last edited by silke; 03-16-2014 at 08:01 AM. Reason: edited out spam link

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That sounds like a recipe for unhappiness, or at least happiness that's highly dependent on others. That's just a stranger's opinion though. Understanding people is all well and good, but maybe get to know yourself a bit and figure out what makes you tick. Not easy to do as you probably know. Just don't lose sight of who you are, because feeling lost sucks, which I'm also sure you know.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

try abducting someone that is really good or healthy. Preferably another ENFp!

And even more preferable someone you don't know so you can idolize from afar

edit; can somewhat relate to what you say, maybe it's a Ne thing
    I will not aim for the head.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by timeofurlife42 View Post
    for those who dont know me already. i my personality type is ENFP, without a doubt, this has been confirmed many times, so i'm not looking for any advice on type in this thread.
    based on your post history, i doubt it...

TIM
    EII 6w5
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

anyways, so the purpose of this thread is to discuss the fact that i do not feel like i have a life of my own. every once in a while i will meet someone who interests me and i "abduct" their life.. meaning, i get to know their friends, i get to know their music, i take an interest in their interests... basically, i try to find someone who is happy and find out what makes them happy. i'm not saying that i dont have my own interests, i definatly do. its just that when i meet someone who strikes me as truly happy, i try to find out what makes them that happy by copying them as much as possible... anywho... thats all i have to say for now, thoughts are welcome...

FOR THOSE WHO WANT TO CRITICIZE: i have been diagnosed with double depression in the past, i am currently an alcoholic, i have lots of other problems which i'm not going to go into on this site... i know i have lots of issues and i am trying to work through them by trying to understand how my brain works by meeting like minded people at the moment. just think about that before you post extremely harsh comments.
    I think that the ability you have to "abduct" other people's lives as you mention is a good trait. But I do see how it can go wrong if you abduct the lives of people who don't have very positive interests... I agree with Darkstar in that you could adopt traits from people who are good and healthy, however, it is tough to discern who you can "look up to."

I look at being "truly happy" as having inner peace and finding stimulating activities that make you want to do things passionately. If you want inner peace, try to get in touch with your religious side. For stimulating activities, try to pursue things that you really enjoy doing, and are productive (if you are inclined to be productive somehow). Also, it's always good to find and befriend people who share your interests which are yours to begin with. That way you stay true to who you are. There are a lot of people in this world who are also trying to find true happiness, which is an interest that you already are sharing that is really your own.

Feeling bad and depressed is a sure sign from your being that there is definitely something not good going on, which means that somehow in the back of your mind you know what is good or bad, and it's definitely not influenced by other people... That is your truth that no one can take from you. Work around this, and find the things that don't make you feel this way, and you'll be on your way to being happy. It's not easy though, considering how much information bombardment people are getting as to how to be happy, etc. Be open to the possibility that being happy might only involve simplifying things in your life, which is something I am beginning to see for myself...

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your username being timeofurlife42 now seems a bit ironic to me.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Which is the overall best person to copy?
    I will not aim for the head.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Logos
    Holy mud-wrestling bipolar donkeys, Batman!

Retired from posting and drawing Social Security. E-mail or PM to contact.

I pity your souls

TIM
    EII 6w5
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Darkstar View Post
    I think that it has to be a person that has overcome the obstacles that one is facing, or has faced before. Someone you would like to become in their ways of dealing with issues. The only religion that I know of that has a person to "emulate" for virtually any issue that you can think of is Catholicism, and they are called patron saints, but they in turn try to emulate Jesus which is why they are called "saints" in the first place.

I'm guessing for Budhists, it would be Buddha ( duh), etc. At least trying to emulate someone that has gotten where you want to get to is better than just figure it out by yourself, unless you want to find other ways to get there.

sereno, thank you, i seriously needed that post. i will try to work on the things you suggest, thanks for all the support of you all actually, i'm kinda suprised at the postive-ness that this thread developed considering how pathetic i was feeling at the time and what i wrote, it says something about the quality of the people on this forum that i actually got positive replies.

@ niffweed, i'm not gonna lie, i'm curious what you think my type is based on my post history? i'm fairly positive of my type based on the descriptions and the number of people IRL who have confirmed my type. i would be interested to hear your thoughts tho. actually this goes for anyone who cares to check it out and answer, feel free to PM me, or whatever, i'm pretty laid back most of the time, if anyone has another type for me feel free to suggest it.
    ________
    Buy Vaporizers
    Last edited by timeofurlife42; 02-22-2011 at 01:08 AM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@ niffweed, i'm not gonna lie, i'm curious what you think my type is based on my post history? i'm fairly positive of my type based on the descriptions and the number of people IRL who have confirmed my type. i would be interested to hear your thoughts tho. actually this goes for anyone who cares to check it out and answer, feel free to PM me, or whatever, i'm pretty laid back most of the time, if anyone has another type for me feel free to suggest it.

i think that nearly all of your posts have a distinct SEE flavor. just a few SeFi-related bits of your posts:
    • your choice of username. compare to user liveandletlive. minor point.
    • abducting people -- the topic itself sounds remarkably SEE-ish. it's all about sort of the impulse of losing oneself in an emotional association. this type of focus (such as that of this thread) is obvious from your overall focus. typically IEEs seem to hold their emotional associations very closely as well, but certainly pursue them more subtly and with much less outward intensity. SEEs frequently wear their emotions on their sleeve; this tends to be much less true with IEEs i think.
    • "here's a newsflash to ya'll, we enfp's have no attention sp... damn thats a cool car" -- focus on a "cool car" is easily a sensory stimulus and the suggestion of a status symbol. i know this is an example, but this type of focus is apparent almost everywhere in your posts. obviously, the scattered focus and flakiness is easy to apply to SEEs.
    • your signature:
      "I’ve got to follow my heart
      No matter how far
      I’ve gotta roll the dice
      Never look back and never think twice" -- entirely an SEE sentiment
    • even such things as your textual writing tendencies (ie poor capitalization, usage of simple abbreviations such as "urs" and transcribed spoken language such as "anywho") are common in your writing and that of other SEEs. obviously this is a very unimportant point, but i think your typing is a very clear cut one in which even bad stereotypes like this seem to fit.

if you have further questions, feel free to contact me.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

some more Se-focused tidbits from old posts:

"being enfp i try to cram into my schedule as i can"

"the simple harsh truth as i see it is that we are naturally drawn to the most interesting thing in our particular environment, be that parties, movies, books, etc... we are idea initiators who cant follow through without a huge amount of effort and concentration on our part"

"peanut butter, good friends, pretty girls with personality, guitars, art, alcohol and all its wonders, short posts on forums, music that brings out emotion, meeting new people, all kinds of good shit out there, just gotta look."

"so for example, im at a party, where is the istp most likely going to be standing? or would they not even go to the party? any tips on how to quickly recognize them, especially by physical traits. i heard somewhere that they like to wear really laid back clothes, sports jerseys, sweatpants, t-shirts (btw, sexy as hell right there so if ur an istp and want to attract an enfp keep that crap up, i hate it when girls dress up really slutty)."

i think the last one with the focus on physical characteristics and clothing summarizes the whole Se > Ne focus very concisely.

interesting thoughts, i'm looking into it and i think you may be right actually... hrmmm... shit this is gonna take a lot of reading

thanks for taking the time for this, i may have been wrong all along, we'll see.
    ________
    Cheap easy vape vaporizer
    Last edited by timeofurlife42; 02-22-2011 at 01:08 AM.