Thread: "My Ne tells me"

Creepy-

Default "My Ne tells me..."

I would love to hear a description of how is supposed to work. Without personifying the function, that is. When you people say your "tells" you something, it sounds all mystical and like you're confusing iNtuition with "intuition". I would love you to prove me wrong!

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ne sorta just allows me to not pay attention and still notice everything. It allows me to think about many different things at once.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The problem with phrases like "my Ne tells me blah blah blah" is that the Ne is not a judging function. Hense, it cannot "tell" anything.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well, if it's somebody's producing function, it can draw conclusions and generate patterns, right? i imagine this is what is meant by Ne 'telling' you something.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My Ne tells me things precisely because it's a perceiving function. Like, "look at this... and did you notice that?..." etc. Like one of those pictures with a hidden pattern in them (magic eye, is that what they're called?). Everyone else just sees the normal image, but my Ne tells me what the pattern is.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My Ne usually allows me to make strange connections. It also helps quite a bit in analyzing language. For instance, I had the word "command", applied a bit of Ne, and suddenly I sat the with Latin words "cum mando", "with trust" (Or "gathered entrustment" or something along those lines). Apparently, ENTps also apply their Ne to make weird connections.
    I also used Ne to connect the Norwegian phrase "rubbel og bit" (Meaning "every last fragment") with the Rubl. Giving it the meaning "coin and piece", or everything.
    Beware! Nerd genes on the prowl.

INFj - The Holy CPU Saint
    Dishonorary INFp
    Baah

(Very good place for emoticons. Right-click on the one you want and select "properties" for direct link)

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Close. Comes from rubit', to cut off. The coins were made by cutting a slice off of a roll of metal. ...if I remember that right, that is.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

edit

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: "My Ne tells me..."

Quote Originally Posted by ishysquishy
    I would love to hear a description of how is supposed to work. Without personifying the function, that is. When you people say your "tells" you something, it sounds all mystical and like you're confusing iNtuition with "intuition". I would love you to prove me wrong!
    I created a nice little visual for you ...

Ne = consideration of other peoples beliefs with little concideration to your own.

Ni = consideration to personal belief with little consideration to what others believe.

Essentially, Ne and Ni are the same thing, only inversed from one another...

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So that is what Ni is! It all makes sense now! Wow! Thanks, rmcnew! When I think of my friendships with ENFJs, that was usually what we disagreed about.

I wanted to find out what Ni is for some time. It was like holding pieces of a puzzle without knowing how they fit together. But now I see the pattern, I think.

Question: would that be Ni in general, or NiFe & NeFi*?

*...sounds like a children's book.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by schrödinger's cat
    So that is what Ni is! It all makes sense now! Wow! Thanks, rmcnew! When I think of my friendships with ENFJs, that was usually what we disagreed about.

I wanted to find out what Ni is for some time. It was like holding pieces of a puzzle without knowing how they fit together. But now I see the pattern, I think.

Question: would that be Ni in general, or NiFe & NeFi*?

*...sounds like a children's book.
    Well, I demonstrated Ne and Ni as they would appear as 1st and 7th functions ... generally Ne and Ni behaves this way, but there are some slight diffrences if they are placed diffrently in the blocks [not drastically diffrent, but signifigant enough to note in some circumstances]

Explaining that would require me to respond with another "socionic model of the psyche article," and I have already written 3 very long ones already.

Creepy-

As for "strange connections", I can see this as an N thing in general...