Thread: Being supervised

Creepy-

Default Being supervised

[All gone]
    Last edited by female; 06-15-2009 at 02:01 PM.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm sorry!! both for you and for my husband (whom I supervise).
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Creepy-

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
    I'm sorry!! both for you and for my husband (whom I supervise).
    Hmm, I have so many questions, yet I fear it would be inappropriate [offensive?] to ask them....

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by songofsappho View Post
    Hmm, I have so many questions, yet I fear it would be inappropriate [offensive?] to ask them....
    go ahead! He's ESE If there's something I don't want to answer, I just won't.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I haven't really felt that bad around ISTps....but I've never worked with one either.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Creepy-

go ahead! He's ESE If there's something I don't want to answer, I just won't.
    Well, I guess my questions center around the fact that I myself feel uncomfortable around my supervisor, but in a way that I don't know how to address; she is being nice [in her mind] but intrusive [in my mind]. And, honestly, I just want to get away from that. I don't think that I could ever date a supervisor because of this feeling, so I guess I am wondering how your husband feels, and how you feel as his supervisor.

Then again, maybe it's because it's my weak Fe that's being highlighted, whereas in your husband's case it's weak Ni, which might be felt as less of a weakness overall. ? [Bear in mind, here, that I myself do not understand Ni, so that might be a bogus hypothesis.]

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, I guess my questions center around the fact that I myself feel uncomfortable around my supervisor, but in a way that I don't know how to address; she is being nice [in her mind] but intrusive [in my mind]. And, honestly, I just want to get away from that. I don't think that I could ever date a supervisor because of this feeling, so I guess I am wondering how your husband feels, and how you feel as his supervisor.

Then again, maybe it's because it's my weak Fe that's being highlighted, whereas in your husband's case it's weak Ni, which might be felt as less of a weakness overall. ? [Bear in mind, here, that I myself do not understand Ni, so that might be a bogus hypothesis.]
    yeah could be. We both have strong Fe so we get along well in general. we're very good friends. In many ways, our differences center more around temperaments. I'm laid back, he's go go go when it comes to doing things around the house and expending energy on useless tasks. I've learned not to point out to him that they're useless tasks. Instead, I thank him for all the work he does and suggest that he take a break. Then I sit on his lap and that calms him down. hahaha
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Creepy-

yeah could be. We both have strong Fe so we get along well in general. we're very good friends. In many ways, our differences center more around temperaments. I'm laid back, he's go go go when it comes to doing things around the house and expending energy on useless tasks. I've learned not to point out to him that they're useless tasks. Instead, I thank him for all the work he does and suggest that he take a break. Then I sit on his lap and that calms him down. hahaha
    Ah! This is helpful, especially the bolded part.

Maybe it works best ["best"] when an Ip is the supervisor, because Ip's are more laid-back and less likely to impose [for lack of a better word] on and/or offer excessive advice to the supervisee.

Accordingly, maybe it works the worst ["worst"] when an Ej is the supervisor, because Ej's feel more of a need to impose [for lack of a better word] on and/or offer excessive advice to the supervisee.

Yes?

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah! This is helpful, especially the bolded part.

Maybe it works best ["best"] when an Ip is the supervisor, because Ip's are more laid-back and less likely to impose [for lack of a better word] on and/or offer excessive advice to the supervisee.

Accordingly, maybe it works the worst ["worst"] when an Ej is the supervisor, because Ej's feel more of a need to impose [for lack of a better word] on and/or offer excessive advice to the supervisee.

Yes?
    yeah, that would make a lot of sense. I feel like I don't impose much actively but it does affect our relationship. For example, he wants me to sort through these boxes in the basement and I always put it off. Just doesn't seem like there's any point at some level and there are always more important things to do. I probably just need him to bring those boxes of junk upstairs if he wants me to do it so badly. It's not that I refuse, I just need a major kick in the pants. Somehow he has it in his head that I should want to do this and organize it on my own, which isn't going to happen. Or worse, that if I loved him, I'd want to do it! (imagine) So it has the effect of him feeling like I'm not on his team. We definitely have different priorities when it comes to things like that.
    IEI-Fe 4w3