As a Beta, I've always been heavily fascinated by utopian politics. The idea of fascism, hierarchical authoritarianism, hard-line communism etcetera have appealed far more to me than the kind of people who say "****** was a fucker and fascism is shit! Down with the fascist pigs!". They're simplistically-minded and boring to talk to. I'd find far more pleasure in spending an afternoon discussing politics with a fascist than with a hippy student who has no clear ideals except "BRING DOWN THE GOVERNMENT" and "EQUALITY AND FREEDOM FOR ALL". I'm by no means an advocate of a fascist regime; it's just that if it arose, I would like the change; the challenge and the new age that had dawned.

The problem is, my natural inclinations are completely clouded over by what is practical to live by. None of these fanciful ideas are remotely practical; indeed, no Beta system can ever last. It is a temporary thing. Without something to fight; to bring down; to take on, there is no Beta revolution. Is it practical to continuously wage war on people and endlessly propagate conflict? Of course not. Gammas introduce the practicality. Then when they get too decadent something happens. Consider Babylon; far too licentious a city; eventually conquered by the Persians. And now it is seen as a sign of total decadence and corruption. Rastas consistently speak about it. I actually own a tune called "Assault on Babylon". So, obviously, Gamma will eventually be consumed, either by Delta (as in the US "frontier") or Beta (as in said example of Babylonian corruption).

This can't just be me. Other Betas must be even just remotely tortured by this conflict between ideals and reality. It may not even be related to politics for many of you, but political thought certainly comes into it.