Thread: Ne + Fast Reflexes

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Ne + Fast Reflexes

Has anyone else noticed a correlation between and fast reflexes, also the nickname, spaz? I remember in the movie, matrix they had a refference to this as well, "His neurokinetics are off the chart...". Personally, I react very fast to any kind of danger. Since I am very I have a very wide periferal vision and react to any potentials around me. If an objects begins to fall 90 degrees fromt he direction I am looking, I will most likely catch it (not always good, cause one time i caught a falling cactus, hurt like hell). And at street lights I always beat everyone at hitting the gas first after the light switches (even if I dont see the perpendicular lights turning yellow). I am also jumpy and always tense.
    -Slava

What a great replacement for a nany

TIM
    ILE 8w9
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I second that notion

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're lucky. With I have no reflexes at all. I'm very unreactive to things. I could see an object coming at me suddenly (like someone's hand into my face) and I will acknowledge it, yet I won't do anything to stop it. It's weird. Oh, well, I guess that's the definition of .
    Binary or dichotomous systems, although regulated by a principle, are among the most artificial arrangements that have ever been invented. -- William Swainson, A Treatise on the Geography and Classification of Animals (1835)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cone
    You're lucky. With I have no reflexes at all. I'm very unreactive to things. I could see an object coming at me suddenly (like someone's hand into my face) and I will acknowledge it, yet I won't do anything to stop it. It's weird. Oh, well, I guess that's the definition of .
    Because you can tell the idiot who's throwing the hand is probably acting out their anger or parent-relation onto you and they've already suffered enough??

Your quasi,
    admin

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Because you can tell the idiot who's throwing the hand is probably acting out their anger or parent-relation onto you and they've already suffered enough?? Smile"

hahahahahahahahahahahahaha
    -Slava

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've got good reflexes, too, especially in emergencies or dangerous situtations. I'm also a great driver; I can anticipate what other drivers are going to do. My husband, who is estp, is not as good as I, go figure. You'd think an estp would excell in anticipatory driving.
    Entp
    ILE

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My reflex are probably all in my brain stem anyway, but I've got a story. In (ironically, psychology class) one day some girl behind me decided she wanted to stick a pencil in my ear. All I remember is thinking it was a bug, and my hand went up, broke it in two, and threw both pieces across the room. The teacher stopped talking, everyone got quiet, even I didn't know what just happened. It happened in about a half second. I'm pretty sure that's all brain stem tho and doesn't get to higher brain functions(I wasnt' exactly contemplating a poem about the bug or anything at the moment)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default :)

But... do notice that your reflexes are not consciously directed and therefore unpredictable which, in many cases may imply NOT DESIRED.
    ESTPs and ESFPs are, for instance, better capable of directing their moves than any intuit.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree, drake. Their body awareness is excellent and their motor skills extremely well developed. I've seen an estp I know learn new sports almost immediately.
    Entp
    ILE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default :)

It's also very easy for an INTJ to apprehend complex logical statements easily.
    For ENTPs it's very easy to apprehend any concept or an idea. But this is only weak apprehension. It takes time to figure it out and to be able to comment it and pass it on to others.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I have probably too slow reflexes, although I have to say really do not have any objective data. It would certainly seem to me to be the case that sensory types, and perhaps indeed ESTPs and ESFPs above all, often have the fastest rexlexes.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They have fast reflexes to things they can see. I think that owners can best recognize danger of any kind, with a gut feeling. they also have wider periferal vision and can spot objects that arent in the right pattern instantly. ESTP and ESFP's are just well coordinated, but their movements, despite having a lot of constant, willfull, adjustments are still a bit sluggish and graceful, and never jerky. They are however very agile.
    -Slava

Creepy-

I was wondering about the correlation bt socionics and reflexes, and found this thread... what do you guys think about what's been said here? Are Ne types more likely to have quick automatic reflexes than Se types?

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Who are all you guys.

Creepy-

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    Who are all you guys.
    They're probably mostly long gone by now, heh. This is a really old thread that I just bumped because they were talking about the same thing I myself was wondering, and I wondered what people would say now....

Quote Originally Posted by SoapOfSapphire View Post
    I was wondering about the correlation bt socionics and reflexes, and found this thread... what do you guys think about what's been said here? Are Ne types more likely to have quick automatic reflexes than Se types?
    I don't think it's type-related.

I have very fast reflexes when I pay attention. Based on reflex test I did, I'm usually also the one who starts walking first from traffic lights. I suck though at things like catching balls etc.

You changed your name
    ...the human race will disappear. Other races will appear and disappear in turn. The sky will become icy and void, pierced by the feeble light of half-dead stars. Which will also disappear. Everything will disappear. And what human beings do is just as free of sense as the free motion of elementary particles. Good, evil, morality, feelings? Pure 'Victorian fictions'.

INTp

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This thread is a great example of how fucking far we actually HAVE come with Socionics :lol
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Creepy-

Quote Originally Posted by Warlord View Post
    I don't think it's type-related.

I have very fast reflexes when I pay attention. Based on reflex test I did, I'm usually also the one who starts walking first from traffic lights. I suck though at things like catching balls etc.
    What about if you were doing something like reading on the computer, and someone knocked a pencil off of the desk next to you - would you be likely to reach out your hand automatically and catch the pencil, or would you be likely not to notice until it hit the ground?

You changed your name
    Yup

What about if you were doing something like reading on the computer, and someone knocked a pencil off of the desk next to you - would you be likely to reach out your hand automatically and catch the pencil, or would you be likely not to notice until it hit the ground?
    Not then, I don't remember catching things like that. I remember more searching for dropped items from the floor
    ...the human race will disappear. Other races will appear and disappear in turn. The sky will become icy and void, pierced by the feeble light of half-dead stars. Which will also disappear. Everything will disappear. And what human beings do is just as free of sense as the free motion of elementary particles. Good, evil, morality, feelings? Pure 'Victorian fictions'.

INTp

Contrarian Traditionalist Krig the Viking's Avatar
    TIM
    C-LII
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This Ne=fast reflexes thing is something I've noticed myself as well, actually. 3/4 of the time I am able to catch dropped items. I've never been good at aggressive sports like hockey (despite being a Canuck ), however I do tend to be a pretty good goalie. I'm not sure if it's correlated to Ne (seeing the possible paths of a moving object?) or what.

I am awesome at this, if I do say so myself. It always makes me feel like that scene in the first Spider-man movie where Mary-Jane trips and Peter Parker catches her, her tray, and all of her food.
    Quaero Veritas.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This absolutely is not related to Ne. If anything, it's above-average norepinephrine levels.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes...fast reflexes are more connected to Se/Si i would say.

but excellent driving...i'll still take credit for that. i should have been a racecar driver.

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

TIM
    C-LII
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    This absolutely is not related to Ne. If anything, it's above-average norepinephrine levels.
    I guess the question is, are brain chemical levels related to type? As far as I know, there hasn't been any research on this subject.

Are there any Ne types here who *don't* have good reflexes (as in the catching a pencil knocked off the desk example)? I'm interested in how strong this correlation is.
    Quaero Veritas.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ne subtype + (quasi)retarded body movements.
    Correlation warranted. Especially for alpha NTs IME.

TIM
    C-LII
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tuturututu View Post
    Ne subtype + (quasi)retarded body movements.
    Correlation warranted. Especially for alpha NTs IME.
    (Quasi)retarded body movements as in you're good at catching falling pencils, or (quasi)retarded as in you're bad at catching falling pencils?

People use retarded in so many different ways these days...
    Quaero Veritas.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

(Quasi)retarded body movements as in you're good at catching falling pencils
    This.

or (quasi)retarded as in you're bad at catching falling pencils?
    Not this.

People use retarded in so many different ways these days...
    Yeah..isn't that retarded?

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is all sorts of ridiculous. Ne-egos by theory have weak Se and Si, both of which would be IEs that would be of the greatest advantage for being able to respond in the physical moment to catch a falling object with quick reflexes. But even then, this largely varies from person to person (even within the same or similar IE types) based upon their genetic traits. Arguably there may be a tie-in as IEs may have their root in differences in brain chemistry and neurology, but Ne would not be where I would look first.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've got decent reflexes. Not legendary ones or anything, but good enough to consistently beat Unreal Tournament 2003 at Godlike level.

TIM
    C-LII
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Logos View Post
    This is all sorts of ridiculous. Ne-egos by theory have weak Se and Si, both of which would be IEs that would be of the greatest advantage for being able to respond in the physical moment to catch a falling object with quick reflexes. But even then, this largely varies from person to person (even within the same or similar IE types) based upon their genetic traits. Arguably there may be a tie-in as IEs may have their root in differences in brain chemistry and neurology, but Ne would not be where I would look first.
    I agree that there doesn't seem to be much of a theoretical explanation, but that's exactly why it's interesting. I'm withholding my final judgement on this issue until there's more data. If there is a correlation between Ne Ego and quick "catching things" reflexes, then there must be some explanation for it.

How are your reflexes when it comes to catching things, Logos?

As far as theory goes, I'm not sure it's directly related to Ne. Intuitively, it does seem that these sorts of reflexes should be related to a dynamic element, and from my own experiences it does seem like a vital ring function -- it's not something I can really consciously think about or direct; I just have to let it happen. Could it be related to Id Ni somehow? Or Id Te (external dynamics of objects), for the Alpha NTs here?
    Quaero Veritas.

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pinocchio View Post
    When Socionics will have the same recognition as genetics and neurology, maybe you'll change your mind.

The correlation hypothesis of this thread is by no mean contradicting one of the other sciences, types can be defined genetically, just that they are not yet recognized as notions, don't you think?
    Maybe I'll change my mind? About what? It would probably be better to say if as opposed to when.

The correlation hypothesis may not be contradicting other sciences, but those other sciences provide much better empirical explanations of the matter. As of now, Socionics is a pseudo-science. We could probably point to the brain (and more interestingly, evolution of the human brain) and see associations between the IE.

Quote Originally Posted by Krig the Viking View Post
    I agree that there doesn't seem to be much of a theoretical explanation, but that's exactly why it's interesting. I'm withholding my final judgement on this issue until there's more data. If there is a correlation between Ne Ego and quick "catching things" reflexes, then there must be some explanation for it.

How are your reflexes when it comes to catching things, Logos?

As far as theory goes, I'm not sure it's directly related to Ne. Intuitively, it does seem that these sorts of reflexes should be related to a dynamic element, and from my own experiences it does seem like a vital ring function -- it's not something I can really consciously think about or direct; I just have to let it happen. Could it be related to Id Ni somehow? Or Id Te (external dynamics of objects), for the Alpha NTs here?
    My reflexes are decent (hit and a miss), but not nearly enough to suspect a correlation or put on my résumé. Peter Parker (consistent Alpha NT portrayal) provides a useful fictional example. Pre-bitten Peter Parker has dull and fairly terrible reflexes. It goes with his nerdy Alpha NT nature. What amazes Peter Parker about his powers is not only that he gains superhuman reflexes, but simply that he gains above-average reflexes. And that is what I think may be present here in this thread. It is admittedly an odd quality to notice. When people perceive a knack at an activity that runs counter to expectations, people may consciously notice and pick it up even more. For example, I have an exceptional knack of finding other people's lost keys. But I will likely not be starting a "Ne + Key Finding" thread anytime soon.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request
    Last edited by Pied Piper; 08-25-2009 at 09:11 AM.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pinocchio View Post
    This is another difference between my Ne and your Se, also another answer to your questions about your type.
    I know that Socionics will be recognize still, I can't prove it to you, I see its potential, it is real and there is no possibility it won't be a full-fledged science.
    This does not answer anything about my type. It only creates more questions about your ability to accurately evaluate evidence.
    Johari Box

TIM
    C-LII
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My reflexes are decent (hit and a miss), but not nearly enough to suspect a correlation or put on my résumé. Peter Parker (consistent Alpha NT portrayal) provides a useful fictional example. Pre-bitten Peter Parker has dull and fairly terrible reflexes. It goes with his nerdy Alpha NT nature. What amazes Peter Parker about his powers is not only that he gains superhuman reflexes, but simply that he gains above-average reflexes. And that is what I think may be present here in this thread. It is admittedly an odd quality to notice. When people perceive a knack at an activity that runs counter to expectations, people may consciously notice and pick it up even more. For example, I have an exceptional knack of finding other people's lost keys. But I will likely not be starting a "Ne + Key Finding" thread anytime soon.
    Another possibility that I've been wondering about is that perhaps this sort of reflex is related to our Super-Id Si, and in reality we Ne types are not all that great at catching things, but when we do manage to catch something, we get excited about demonstrating proficiency in a Super-Id function, and therefore tend to remember the times we catch things more than the times we drop things, and therefore get the false impression that we catch things more than we drop things.

I'm not sure this entirely accounts for the data, though.
    Quaero Veritas.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Krig the Viking View Post
    Another possibility that I've been wondering about is that perhaps this sort of reflex is related to our Super-Id Si, and in reality we Ne types are not all that great at catching things, but when we do manage to catch something, we get excited about demonstrating proficiency in a Super-Id function, and therefore tend to remember the times we catch things more than the times we drop things, and therefore get the false impression that we catch things more than we drop things.

I'm not sure this entirely accounts for the data, though.
    This is my thinking as well. It may not entirely account for the data, but based upon what evidence we do have, it may currently be the best explanation. The hypothesis can always be discarded or improved.
    Johari Box

TIM
    C-LII
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is my thinking as well. It may not entirely account for the data, but based upon what evidence we do have, it may currently be the best explanation. The hypothesis can always be discarded or improved.
    Speaking of improving the hypothesis, I was thinking: you can't use Ego and Super-Ego functions at the same time, but you can use Ego and Super-Id functions simultaneously, right? So while an Ne-Ego type may not be all that great at Si things, it's still active, 'running in the background' as it were, ready to catch falling pencils. An Ni-Ego type would have Si in his Super-Ego, meaning it would be 'deactivated' most of the time, unaware of the falling pencils.

I don't know if I'm describing how the Model A works properly, but could something like that be the case?

I guess the implication of what I'm saying is that Ne types may not have great reflexes, but they may at least be better than Ni types.
    Last edited by Krig the Viking; 08-25-2009 at 07:17 PM. Reason: Edited for clarity
    Quaero Veritas.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

But I will likely not be starting a "Ne + Key Finding" thread anytime soon.
    Then I'll start the thread. It will be interesting to see where the thread takes off.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP