ESFp -
    Daffy Duck

ISTp - Elmer Fudd
    ESTj - Foghorn Leghorn
    INFj -
    Bugs Bunny
    ENFp - Sylvester the Cat

*IMHO Daffy and Marvin are obvious conflictors
    (and Daffy and Porky make a perfect dual couple) in the Duck Dodgers episodes. Other prominent conflictors include Wile E/Roadrunner and Bugs/Taz.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Huitzilopochtli View Post
    INTj - Marvin the Martian
    ENTp - Wile E. Coyote
    ISFp - Speedy Gonzales
    ESFj - Granny

ISTj - Yosemite Sam
    ESTp - Tasmanian Devil
    INFp - Pepé Le Pew
    ENFj - Tweety Bird

INTp - Porky Pig
    ENTj - Spike the Dog
    ISFj - Roadrunner
    ESFp -
    Daffy Duck

ISTp - Elmer Fudd
    ESTj - Foghorn Leghorn
    INFj -
    Bugs Bunny
    ENFp - Sylvester the Cat

(and Daffy and Porky make a perfect dual couple) in the Duck Dodgers episodes. Other prominent conflictors include Wile E/Roadrunner and Bugs/Taz.
    Not sure about some of those typings, at all... With Daffy there's sort of a couple of personalities. E.g., I really liked early Daffy (insanity embodied), but later Daffy (the jealous, grumpy one) not so much. I think Bugs is likely ILE (he's very based on Groucho Marx from what I understand). Not sure why Tweety or Porky would be Ni (especially Porky). I don't think Pepe Le Pew is Victim romance style. Why is Roadrunner IJ? Because it's so stiff when it stands up? Roadrunner struck me as a very mischievous character, which doesn't line up with my conception of ESIs in general.

I like the idea of typing cartoon characters though. Looney Tunes was great.
    Quote Originally Posted by Logos
    Holy mud-wrestling bipolar donkeys, Batman!

Retired from posting and drawing Social Security. E-mail or PM to contact.

I pity your souls

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ISFj - Roadrunner
    ESFp.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Winterpark View Post
    ESFp.
    That seems a bit more plausible.

I pity your souls

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what a waste of time...an unentertaining waste of time....weird....but...have fun with that if you enjoyed it >_>
    SEE Unknown Subtype
    6w7 sx/so

[21:29] hitta: idealism is just the gap between the thought of death
    [21:29] hitta: and not dying

TIM
    INTp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Elro View Post
    Not sure about some of those typings, at all... With Daffy there's sort of a couple of personalities. E.g., I really liked early Daffy (insanity embodied), but later Daffy (the jealous, grumpy one) not so much. I think Bugs is likely ILE (he's very based on Groucho Marx from what I understand). Not sure why Tweety or Porky would be Ni (especially Porky). I don't think Pepe Le Pew is Victim romance style. Why is Roadrunner IJ? Because it's so stiff when it stands up? Roadrunner struck me as a very mischievous character, which doesn't line up with my conception of ESIs in general. I like the idea of typing cartoon characters though. Looney Tunes was great.
    I have watched enough cartoons to know that Daffy is -leading and -valuing (if you cannot tell then I cannot make you see it); he is always engaged in some kind of physical activity, and he is always especially sensitive to what he feels he deserves. Bugs Bunny is not irrational, he makes more judgment calls than anyone else in Looney Tunes and he also has extremely developed (which he uses when he talks to the audience or when he isn't taking advantage of the other characters, or even especially when he engages in role-playing to manipulate the emotions of other characters) and if you cannot tell that he uses creative then you are blind. Porky is a perfect INTp. His is the most dominant feature, and when he does express himself it is always -related. Tweety was harder to type, but if you notice, before and after Sylvester comes he is always using ; is more evident when he talks to himself. Pepe Le Pew is also hard to type b/c of his consistent behavior; is incredibly strong (though he has practically no ) but if you notice the few times that he deals with himself rather than his sweetheart (for instance, after he has lost) it is always (he is also not a judging type, and -valuing is evident whether he seems like a victim or not; from experience as an aggressor, I know that many 'victims' can be just as pushy when they want sex). To understand Roadrunner you have to watch it's actions, b/c it beeps or holds signs. It is obviously -leading, and I think -valuing is exhibited when the Roadrunner goes out of it's way to foil the Coyote's plans (Roadrunner is also obviously introverted and judging - though it often likes to perceive the actions of the Coyote, it tends to avoid others and it easily creates loopholes in the unrealized plans of the Coyote).
    Last edited by Nexus; 09-27-2008 at 01:42 PM.

TIM
    INTp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Due to the relative obscurity of Spike the Bulldog, he often takes on different roles; though he is an obvious LIE in 'A Hare Grows in Manhattan', I believe that he is more LSI in 'Tree for Two' based on his dualistic interaction with Chester (EIE) in this cartoon. Spike also tends to have a somewhat dualistic relationship with Tweety and a conflicting relationship with Sylvester, which further implicates LSI.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ESTj - Foghorn Leghorn
    That is the best argument for ESTj as my type, since I am exactly like that IRL:

, LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

TIM
    INTp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Expat View Post
    That is the best argument for ESTj as my type, since I am exactly like that IRL:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rvwh9_HsUmU
    lol

I think it is funny that he uses stereotypical behaviors to get a cheap thrill out of the dog, mostly by directing (the dominant function) at the dog both to quickly fool it and then to neutralize his threats (making him look dumb by comparison).

TIM
    ILE 8w9
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."
    --Theodore Roosevelt

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
    -- Mark Twain

"Man who stand on hill with mouth open will wait long time for roast duck to drop in."
    -- Confucius

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it is funny that he uses stereotypical behaviors to get a cheap thrill out of the dog, mostly by directing (the dominant function) at the dog both to quickly fool it and then to neutralize his threats (making him look dumb by comparison).
    I think the question is rather, why he enjoys doing that to the dog. Not sure it is really a "cheap thrill". The possible reasons are:

- he sees it all as "fooling around", and would be surprised if the dog would "hold a grudge" - in that case it's "bad SLE" behavior, and what I described as "pathetic hidden agenda", SLE version.
    - he sees the dog as an enemy, due to previous reasons, and has no reason to even want to live in peace with him, and is just carrying on with the "war", and having fun with his functions -- in that case it might be seen as, yes, ESTj behavior of having fun ultimately with but using mainly ,, and . Anyway it's not very healthy LSE behavior.

TIM
    INTp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

- he sees it all as "fooling around", and would be surprised if the dog would "hold a grudge" - in that case it's "bad SLE" behavior, and what I described as "pathetic hidden agenda", SLE version.
    - he sees the dog as an enemy, due to previous reasons, and has no reason to even want to live in peace with him, and is just carrying on with the "war", and having fun with his functions -- in that case it might be seen as, yes, ESTj behavior of having fun ultimately with but using mainly ,, and . Anyway it's not very healthy LSE behavior.
    Perhaps, but I think that is conspicuously lacking. -valuing is far more evident in the different types of tricks that he likes to play. In other episodes, it is also fairly obvious that he is a judging type, and that he expresses himself using . From the episode I posted below, the statements

"I say, now, I say, what's that boy up to?"
    "Oh no, back off there son, you'll never do it, you're not strong enough."
    "For a job like this you gotta have the know-how."

all demonstrate a logical preoccupation that is primarily focused on others. Notice too that he lacks the systematic mindset that would isolate the pumpkin in the context of something greater until it is too late. I think that he exhibits -valuing, like when he turns the Chickenhawk against the Dog using an emotional plea and suggests that pheasants are also suitable for predator-prey relations while simultaneously taking advantage of the short temper of the dog, which he does repeatedly. He is a good actor and uses the same way that Bugs Bunny does to juggle the motives and emotions of multiple adversaries, but when they are by themselves it is quite evident that he is -leading while Bugs is -leading. IMO, in this episode the Dog seems particularly LSI - for instance he tries to catch the Rooster before the rope is fully extended though he knows he is tied () but cares less about whether it is actually about to happen so that he can stop in time (). He also devises a plan to exploit the Rooster's weakness, and he likes to engage in behaviors but is not concerned with the nature of the response or the nature of the means (usually chasing). He also expresses to the plight of the Chickenhawk when they first meet, which the Rooster never does. The Chickenhawk is possibly SLE. Looney Tunes particularly amplifies socionic subthemes. The Rooster usually seeks out the Dog as an extrovert will seek an introvert. In this episode, the Chickenhawk initiated activity with the Dog, and the Rooster initiated activity with the Chickenhawk after the Dog dissuaded the Chickenhawk from initiating activity with the Rooster. The fact that the Dog had the upper hand at the beginning is probably related to the fact that he had both the element of surprise and proximity to the chicken so that the rope would not interfere...this type of conditional premeditation seems more indicative of introverted thinking.

Last edited by Nexus; 09-27-2008 at 06:27 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

pepe le pew is obviously an alpha sf.
    asd

TIM
    INTp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by heath View Post
    pepe le pew is obviously an alpha sf.
    Judicious? -valuing? Peacemaker > Romantic?
    Last edited by Nexus; 09-28-2008 at 12:46 AM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

words taken out of context of their socionic meeting.
    asd

TIM
    INTp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by heath View Post
    words taken out of context of their socionic meeting.
    How so? The context is implied.

At least explain >

You could be right, and perhaps Pepe is really expressing a very aggressive form of care-taking.

I am considering these switches:

Granny - IEI (mirror relation with Tweety)
    Pepe - SEI (-valuing, caretaker behavior)
    Speedy - ESE (-leading, extroverted enthusiast)
    Last edited by Nexus; 09-30-2008 at 07:09 AM.

TIM
    INTp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Update: I have decided to use Sam the Sheepdog instead of Spike or Hector the Bulldog, because he is a consistent and conspicuous LIE in every episode.

LII Marvin the Martian - Haredevil Hare
    ILE Wile E. Coyote - To Beep or Not to Beep
    SEI Pepé Le Pew - The Cats Bah
    ESE Speedy Gonzales - Speedy Gonzales
    LSI Yosemite Sam - Hare Trigger
    SLE Tasmanian Devil - Devil May Hare
    IEI Granny - Canary Row
    EIE Tweety Bird - Putty Tat Trouble
    ILI
    Porky Pig - The Wearing of the Grin
    LIE Sam Sheepdog - Steal Wool
    ESI Roadrunner - Hip Hip-Hurry!
    SEE Daffy Duck - Robin Hood Daffy
    SLI Elmer Fudd - A Wild Hare
    LSE Foghorn Leghorn - The Leghorn Blows at Midnight
    EII Bugs Bunny - The Hasty Hare
    IEE Sylvester - Tweety's S.O.S.

TIM
    INTp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

here is another tentative typing set...any thoughts?

LII - Dr. Julius Hibbert, Lisa Simpson
    ESE - Ned Flanders, Chief Wiggum
    ILE - Montgomery Burns, Apu Nahasapeemapetilon
    SEI - Homer Simpson, Otto Mann

LSI - Nelson Muntz, Sideshow Bob
    SLE - Moe Szyslak, Groundskeeper Willie
    EIE - Snake, Edna Krabappel
    IEI - Grandpa, Lenny Leonard

ILI - Krusty the Clown, Carl Carlson
    LIE - Mayor Quimby, Superintendent Chalmers
    ESI - Marge Simpson, Agnes Skinner
    SEE - Fat Tony, Dr. Nick Riviera

LSE - Principal Skinner, Captain McAllister
    SLI - Wayland Smithers, Milhouse Van Houten
    EII - Reverend Lovejoy, Troy McClure
    IEE - Bart Simpson, Lionel Hutz

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I always thought Bart was SLI for some reason. (I have considered SLE as an EP temperament alternative but it didn't seem right... so now that you mention it, I think Ne EP works better than SLE) Why IEE?
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    INTp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I always thought Bart was SLI for some reason. (I have considered SLE as an EP temperament alternative but it didn't seem right... so now that you mention it, I could see Ne EP working.) Why IEE?
    Just how he is always bored and looking for things to do, and the look he gets in his eyes when he is getting into trouble; I certainly think he is -valuing b/c he is one of the most open-minded characters on the show. I didn't really consider ILE though because his use of is rare (especially as an ego function during social interactions). On the other hand, he uses a lot more creative than , especially after he has gotten into trouble or hurt someone else (his conscience responds well to the emotions of others but usually just as an afterthought, which I think may be related to DS and a general impulsive rebelliousness as is typical of EPs), so maybe Alpha is a better fit. I didn't think Smithers was SLI at first (I actually had him as SEI), but when he interacts with anyone but Mr. Burns (which is rare) his and really stand out and his sycophant-like is totally replaced with a more distant -valuing complex. Milhouse totally reminds me of SLIs that I used to know, only more nerdy; I would guess that he is SLI- and one of the few pure enneagram 6s. BTW, as an SLI do you think that there are better Simpsons characters that would fit this type?
    Last edited by Nexus; 10-04-2008 at 07:00 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

INTj - Marvin the Martian
    ENTp - Wile E. Coyote
    ISFp - Speedy Gonzales
    ESFj - Granny

ISTj - Yosemite Sam
    ESTp - Tasmanian Devil
    INFp - Pepé Le Pew
    ENFj - Tweety Bird

INTp - Porky Pig
    ENTj - Spike the Dog
    ISFj - Roadrunner
    ESFp -
    Daffy Duck

ISTp - Elmer Fudd
    ESTj - Foghorn Leghorn
    INFj -
    Bugs Bunny
    ENFp - Sylvester the Cat

these are pretty good!

u thinjk tweety may be an ISFp though?
    or Porky ISFj?

i think your best work is in the Betas...why are they so easy to do?
    ENTP:wink:ALPHA

TIM
    INTp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kensi View Post
    these are pretty good!

u thinjk tweety may be an ISFp though?
    or Porky ISFj?

i think your best work is in the Betas...why are they so easy to do?
    I wouldn't be surprised if Tweety was SEI but he seems more like a victim than a caretaker, and his seems too strong for him to be a perceiving type. I am pretty sure that Porky is ILI though...I know that nobody is used to thinking of him this way, but his is totally obvious in what he thinks, says, and does, and you can't miss his when he talks either...I get Beta values the most, so I probably have the most resolution there. With others I might be wrong on the exact type (especially Deltas) but I usually at least get the quadrant right.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just how he is always bored and looking for things to do, and the look he gets in his eyes when he is getting into trouble; I certainly think he is -valuing b/c he is one of the most open-minded characters on the show. I didn't really consider ILE though because his use of is rare (especially as an ego function during social interactions). On the other hand, he uses a lot more creative than , especially after he has gotten into trouble or hurt someone else (his conscience responds well to the emotions of others but is usually an afterthought, which I think maybe DS), so maybe Alpha is a better fit. I didn't think Smithers was SLI at first (I actually had him as SEI), but when he interacts with anyone but Mr. Burns (which is rare) his and really shine and his sycophant-like is totally replaced with a more distant -valuing complex. Milhouse totally reminds me of SLIs I used to know, only more nerdy; I would guess that he is SLI- and one of the few real enneagram 6s. As an SLI, do you think that there are better characters that would fit this type?
    I agree on Milhouse, xLI makes sense overall. But I am still unsure about Bart. I think we can throw away all rational types and perhaps all Se/Ni types, which would basically leave us with ILE, IEE, SEI and SLI. Out of these 4 I think SEI is least likely and the two most likely types in my opinion are SLI and IEE. IEE>ILE because of general lack of Ti and because Delta make more sense in terms of quadra values.

Just how he is always bored and looking for things to do, and the look he gets in his eyes when he is getting into trouble; I certainly think he is -valuing b/c he is one of the most open-minded characters on the show.
    That's consistent with SLI.

On the other hand, he uses a lot more creative than , especially after he has gotten into trouble or hurt someone else (his conscience responds well to the emotions of others but is usually an afterthought, which I think maybe DS), so maybe Alpha is a better fit.
    I wouldn't agree. That's were Fi valuing shows up in my opinion. His reactions(afterthoughts) are more Fi HA than Fe DS in any case.

As an SLI, do you think that there are better characters that would fit this type?
    IEE? Can't think of any right now... I should get back to watching the show.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ILE - Montgomery Burns, Apu Nahasapeemapetilon

SLE - Moe Szyslak, Groundskeeper Willie

ILI - Krusty the Clown, Carl Carlson
    LIE - Mayor Quimby, Superintendent Chalmers

LSE - Principal Skinner, Captain McAllister
    ther is now way Homer is SEI! Only SLE and SEE fit him.
    Sadly enough there are people in life who are the same type as Krusty...unfortubnately i'm not fuully convinced i know what that type is. Bart Simpson IEE. is B.S. Smithers is dead on.

I hope that these typeFest sessions will be a great aid to people to finally end mass confusion about their type ! If the complex theories fail always revert back to the basics...unfortunately there aren't enough of these basics....Some theories learn to run before they learn to walk.
    ENTP:wink:ALPHA

TIM
    INTp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kensi View Post
    ther is now way Homer is SEI! Only SLE and SEE fit him.
    Sadly enough there are people in life who are the same type as Krusty...unfortubnately i'm not fuully convinced i know what that type is. Bart Simpson IEE. is B.S. Smithers is dead on.

I hope that these typeFest sessions will be a great aid to people to finally end mass confusion about their type ! If the complex theories fail always revert back to the basics...unfortunately there aren't enough of these basics....Some theories learn to run before they learn to walk.
    That's the idea, since theory can only do so much. I'm glad that this is being used to help clarify vague areas in socionics, and also thanks for the vote of confidence in Smithers; I guess I could be wrong about Bart, but I don't think that Homer is aggressive enough to be ESTp (apart from strangling Bart after being provoked, which doesn't count)...why do you think that Homer has +/?

TIM
    INTp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree on Milhouse, xLI makes sense overall. But I am still unsure about Bart. I think we can throw away all rational types and perhaps all Se/Ni types, which would basically leave us with ILE, IEE, SEI and SLI. Out of these 4 I think SEI is least likely and the two most likely types in my opinion are SLI and IEE. IEE>ILE because of general lack of Ti and because Delta make more sense in terms of quadra values.

That's consistent with SLI.

I wouldn't agree. That's were Fi valuing shows up in my opinion. His reactions(afterthoughts) are more Fi HA than Fe DS in any case.

IEE? Can't think of any right now... I should get back to watching the show.
    I think I can agree with everything you have said about Bart, but if he is -valuing then I cannot tell outright...I have the most trouble typing Deltas...unfortunately, there are almost no Simpsons vids on youtube b/c of TOS violations, so I am mainly going from memory. BTW good call on Milhouse possibly being ILI, I guess that slipped from my mind but I could totally see it.

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Huitzilopochtli
    I wouldn't be surprised if Tweety was SEI but he seems more like a victim than a caretaker
    lol

TIM
    INTp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I understand what you mean; is more of an unconditional feeling...

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Or if we type him Ne-IEE, it could just be his Fi creative coming a bit late to evaluate and take responsibility for his actions and the way they relate to other people. (But even this to me sounds more like Fi HA than Fi Cre.)

Perhaps it's worth noting that the creator of The Simpsons is probably a SLI.
    Last edited by Park; 10-04-2008 at 08:32 PM.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

unfortunately, there are almost no Simpsons vids on youtube b/c of TOS violations, so I am mainly going from memory.
    Yeah...

BTW good call on Milhouse possibly being ILI, I guess that slipped from my mind but I could totally see it.
    Actually, if I think about it, I can also see Milhouse as a Ne-LII. But this is again mainly going from memory...

Oh what the hell, he even looks like Woody Allen. So I am going with ILI for the moment.

TIM
    INTp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Perhaps it's worth noting that the creator of The Simpsons is probably a SLI.
    Matt Groening? Maybe.

Actually, if I think about it, I can also see Milhouse as a Ne-LII. But this is again mainly going from memory...
    No way, he is definitely IP and he has .

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bugs Bunny is not irrational, he makes more judgment calls than anyone else in Looney Tunes and he also has extremely developed (which he uses when he talks to the audience or when he isn't taking advantage of the other characters, or even especially when he engages in role-playing to manipulate the emotions of other characters) and if you cannot tell that he uses creative then you are blind.
    What you have really done is made a case for for bugs. What you call there is actually .

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not set on ILE for Bugs (that was just off the top of my head), but I have trouble seeing him as Se PoLR...

I pity your souls

TIM
    INTp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You know I think you could be right; Bugs seems to be more -valuing and Tweety more -valuing (note how he always depends on Hector the Bulldog or Granny and likes to exploit their relationships to Sylvester and himself). I think Bugs also shows less than Tweety. Now that I understand the distinction I might suppose that Tweety is actually IEE. Sylvester demonstrates some Se PoLR in dealing with Hector, Granny, other cats, and even Tweety, who often uses Sylvester's uvula as a punching bag and is probably the strongest case for infantilism on the whole show, now that I think about it (sorry Nick). The fact that Bugs often seeks out his oppressors while Tweety remains in his cage makes a good case for Bugs as a victim. The thing is, I usually have trouble typing NFs and especially Deltas, but I am getting better and I am glad that is fixed.
    Last edited by Nexus; 10-05-2008 at 06:16 PM.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My thoughts

ILE - Montgomery Burns - LIE, Apu Nahasapeemapetilon

SLE - Moe Szyslak - SLI, Groundskeeper Willie

ILI - Krusty the Clown - ILE, Carl Carlson
    LIE - Mayor Quimby-SLE, Superintendent Chalmers

LSE - Principal Skinner - LSI, Captain McAllister
    I don't necessarily agree with the others but these are the ones I wanted to mention now.

TIM
    INTp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My thoughts

I don't necessarily agree with the others but these are the ones I wanted to mention now.
    I think I agree with your typing of Mayor Quimby, Mr. Burns, and Krusty the Clown. I was hesitant at first to see Moe as SLI but now I see exactly what you mean. I am also surprised that Skinner is LSI but I can accept it. Sometimes my identicals are the hardest to recognize because I am already so similar that small differences are amplified. I did these very quickly and from memory, so I am actually not surprised that there are small errors such as these. I appreciate your help and if you have any more suggestions I would love to hear them in the next couple of days because after that I will be in boot camp for 2 months. Here is of what I am most certain:

LII - Dr. Julius Hibbert
    ILE - Krusty the Clown
    ESE - Otto Mann
    SEI - Homer Simpson

LSI - Principal Skinner
    SLE - Mayor Quimby
    EIE - Snake Jailbird
    IEI - Milhouse Van Houten

LIE - Montgomery Burns
    ILI - Carl Carlson
    ESI - Edna Krabappel
    SEE - Agnes Skinner

LSE - Chief Wiggum
    SLI - Moe Szyslak
    EII - Reverend Lovejoy
    IEE - Marge Simpson

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Damn. When SLIs are bad, they're *really* bad.
    I can't form many substantive arguments about why I don't want to think of ANY of the characters mentioned in this thread as my identical. It's really just that I don't like them.
    Elmer Fudd seems far too bumbling to be the Artisan/Craftsman, as well as too easily manipulated by Bug's frequently fantastical redirections. Why wouldn't he be an ethical type?
    Milhouse similarly seems too uncomfortable in his own skin. I like the Woody Allen comparison ...
    Moe ... well, Moe's a braindead drunk. Probably any type could get that far gone. I don't know if I've ever seen an episode of him sober, so I'm not going to protest that fuckup staying in our camp for the time being.
    Smithers? Ack. I just cannot possibly see an SLI as a sycophant. We're way too skeptical of everything.
    Of course, I couldn't really give a comment on what type I DO see these characters as, nor could I point to the other characters and say "That one - he/she's definitely SLI."
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Bukowski
    We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.
    SLI

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How about Leela from Futurama?
    Actually, I could see SLE more easily for her than SLI. And I'm just not good at typing anyway.
    Feh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Bukowski
    We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.
    SLI

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My thoughts

my suggestions:

bart simpson - SLE/LSI
    lisa simpson - EII
    marge simpson - EIE (or something else; maybe ESE/SEI, but preferably not ESI)
    waylon smithers - SEI
    reverend lovejoy - ILI maybe; EII seems absurd
    abe simpson - SLE
    principal skinner - my inclination might be LII rather than expat's suggestion of LSI given how he lets himself get beaten around in his personal/family life.
    the comic book store guy (this is not fat tony, right?) - ILI

noting that all of these characters are absurdist caricatures and relatively limited and stereotypical in their outward behaviors -- nonetheless, i think these are some of the more reasonable suggestions.

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by iAnnAu View Post
    How about Leela from Futurama?
    Actually, I could see SLE more easily for her than SLI. And I'm just not good at typing anyway.
    Feh.
    I would say SLI is more probable for her actually .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast