Thread: Beta's and Delta's: Embracing/Rejecting Ideologies

Creepy-

Default Beta's and Delta's: Embracing/Rejecting Ideologies

Didn't want to derail the thread where this originally came up, so here it is:

Quote Originally Posted by Expat View Post
    Rather than go for complicated theoretical descriptions: I think Delta NFs are more likely to be described as "naive" in relation to other people's characters, as in, more likely to assume best intentions, or give the benefit of the doubt, to other individuals (+), than Beta NFs.

On the other hand, Beta NFs are more likely to be described as "naive" in relation to ideas, ideologies, etc. That is, more likely to be "true believers" in something than Delta NFs.
    Interesting.

Perhaps this is why:

- Betas seem to embrace mandatory, state-enforced "sharing" [communism] - which they see as ultimately constructive because Betas trust in the idea and the system it would impose, but Betas do not trust people to act in that way independent of state control

while

- Deltas seem to reject mandatory, state-inforced "wealth redistribution" [communism] – which they see as inevitably destructive because the ideology it is based on is flawed, and Deltas trust in people to act in such a way that they will help each other out if need be

?

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by songofsappho View Post
    - Betas seem to embrace mandatory, state-enforced "sharing" [communism] - which they see as ultimately constructive because Betas trust in the idea and the system it would impose, but Betas do not trust people to act in that way independent of state control
    As far as communist Betas go, I agree (which means not all Betas are communists)/

while

Quote Originally Posted by songofsappho View Post
    - Deltas seem to reject mandatory, state-inforced "wealth redistribution" [communism] – which they see as inevitably destructive because the ideology it is based on is flawed, and Deltas trust in people to act in such a way that they will help each other out if need be

?
    I think this may be true for Deltas that are not communist (not very helpful I know). The problem with this "dichotomy" is that, as once Kristiina observed, from a "bottom-up perspective", "on the field", actually Deltas can be attracted to communism if they see it as rejecting "predatory selfish capitalism" and promoting the "small-town values" they cherish.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Creepy-

Right - I didn't mean to imply either that all/most Betas are communist, nor that all/most Deltas are not; it just occurred to me that this might be a way of looking at the quadra values as related w a communist ideology.

Creepy-

Quote Originally Posted by Expat View Post
    Deltas can be attracted to communism if they see it as rejecting "predatory selfish capitalism" and promoting the "small-town values" they cherish.
    Agreed. It's all dependent on the presentation, isn't it?