Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 102

Thread: Intertype Relations in Movies and Video Clips

  1. #1
    tereg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    TIM
    EII/INFj
    Posts
    4,684
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Intertype Relations in Movies and Video Clips

    I emphasize metaphor because the protagonists themselves might not necessarily be of their respective quadras of the message being driven. More the values being expressed here being of the quadras and not the individuals themselves.

    But again, I wonder if what is presented here is a representation and expression from a Beta value point of view of Gamma values.

    INFj

    9w1 sp/sx

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2005
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Posts
    11,586
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    That was a misrepresentation of whatever it was that was being protested in the video. They're basically saying that the government is somehow the embodiment of the public interest and should have more influence of the private sector.

    There is some truth to that, given that external costs created by businesses (e.g., pollution) are more efficiently dealt with by government than a free market. However, the idea that the government is somehow this righteous entity which embodies the public interest is silly, and the protesters in the video were all probably very ignorant about the issues whose outcome they were attempting to affect. I'd wager most of them were armed only with typical left-wing sentiments about "the rich" and "corporate greed," and little-to-no objective data.

    Anyway, to answer your question, I think that you're right, that the video basically depicts a bunch of angsty, uninformed "betas" who want to heavily centralize everything in order to make things "fair," and are bitter that the people who actually understand how the economy works are the ones with all the money and power.

  3. #3
    JuJu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Springfield, Massachusetts, USA
    TIM
    EIE
    Posts
    2,704
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Intertype Relations : in MOVIES and video clips

    Ladies and gentlemen,

    Are there any movies (or any visual media) you can think of that show intertype relations in clear relief?

    Scenes from visual media that made you ponder things like:
    E.g. "well, by fuck if that isn't a LSI-EIE dual relationship!"
    E.g. "...he might like the feel of her body, but he ain't gonna like the feel of that conflict relationship he's getting into."

    etc.

    anyone?

  4. #4
    07490's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    there
    Posts
    3,047
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    one good intertype relation that is well represented in a movie is The Devil Wears Prada, it shows clearly how LSI(Miranda Priestly) and EIE(Emily) attract each other and how they despise each other. This is a good example because the movie is largely based on the accuracy how who Anna Wintour actually is, and try to make it as accurate as it is. I personally recommend it to everyone and i think it shows at the end just how we can get turn off by our dual because we have different belief, and it shows obvious attraction why LSI likes EIE and why EIE likes LSI.
    (D)IEE~FI-(C)SLE~Ni E-5w4(Sp/Sx)/7w8(So/Sp)/9w1(sp/sx)

    Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    1)
    A girl who I want to date, asks me: well first tell me how tall you are?
    My reply: well I will answer that, if you first tell me how much you weigh!

    2)
    A girl I was dating said she was oh so great at sex etc, but she didn't do blowjobs.
    My reply: Oh I'm really romantic etc, I just will never take you out to dinner.

  5. #5
    JuJu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Springfield, Massachusetts, USA
    TIM
    EIE
    Posts
    2,704
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Thanks Numbers! I haven't seen it and will check it out.

    Any other movies you can think of? Or anyone?

  6. #6
    Expat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    10,853
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default SEE-SLI illusion?

    An interesting video possibly illustrating SEE-SLI illusion.

    The SLI girl is unresponsive to the SEE's clumsy mix of Se and Ne.

    She prefers to focus on the Si-Ne content of the song:

    Got a baby who -
    Can give me 31 flavors
    (And we like tutti-frutti best)
    I call him Ice Cream Joe
    He is the most delicious boy I know
    Every time his tasty lips are kissing mine
    He gives me 31 flavors
    (And we like tutti-frutti best)
    I just love him so
    He's my confectionary, Ice Cream Joe
    Every time I kiss him I feel mighty fine
    I love his 31 flavors
    (And we like tutti-frutti best)
    Pineapple, peach - coconut and banana
    Some of each; chocolate too
    I'm telling you that when we kiss
    He gives me 31 flavors
    (And we like tutti-frutti best)

    Last edited by Expat; 05-11-2009 at 02:24 PM.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    TIM
    ILI
    Posts
    2,916
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    ok. that dance was retarded.
    INTp
    sx/sp

  8. #8
    take a second of me sarinana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Originally from black hole, currently residing in Jupiter
    TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Posts
    1,166
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    ISTp + ESFp = illusionary relation.
    Semi-duality would be with INFp.

  9. #9
    ***el X Mercenary Nebuchadnezzar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Socionix sleeper cell
    TIM
    Te-ISTp
    Posts
    1,413
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    As mentioned, SLIs and SEEs aren't semi duals. Is this a joke thread?

    "His feeling that this world is not his Fatherland, and that it does not represent his proper condition, so to speak—his feeling that, basically, he 'comes from afar'—will remain a fundamental element which will not give rise to mystical escapism and spiritual weakness, but rather will enable him to minimise, to relativise, to refer to higher concepts of measure and limit, all that can seem important and definitive to others, starting with death itself, and will confer on him calm force and breadth of vision." — Julius Evola

    SLI-Te | 5w6 sp/so
    Oldham Solitary

    Johari
    Nohari

  10. #10
    Expat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    10,853
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sarinana View Post
    ISTp + ESFp = illusionary relation.
    Semi-duality would be with INFp.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeAnte View Post
    As mentioned, SLIs and SEEs aren't semi duals. Is this a joke thread?
    Yes. That was the equivalent of a typo. Sorry.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

  11. #11
    The Iniquitous inumbra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    TIM
    954
    Posts
    5,989
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    She's a robot and he's a monkey.

  12. #12
    Expat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    10,853
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Isha View Post
    What evidence was there that she was concentrating on the lyrics? She was just dancing. Many people are oblivious to the lyrics of songs.


    How could she be oblivious to the reference to Ice Cream Joe?

    And yes, to state the obvious, I was half-facetious, which is why I put it in Anything Goes.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

  13. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2005
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Posts
    11,586
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    That SEE guy is a badass.

  14. #14
    Park's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Beyond the blue horizon
    TIM
    SLI
    Posts
    13,088
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Just to remind you Expat, this is not the first time you're posting this video here.

    What is it about it that you like so much?
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

    Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

  15. #15
    Expat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    10,853
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Winterpark View Post
    Just to remind you Expat, this is not the first time you're posting this video here.
    I had totally forgotten it.


    Quote Originally Posted by Winterpark View Post
    What is it about it that you like so much?
    I like it that she calls her bf Ice Cream Joe, and I like the movie.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

  16. #16
    implied's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    7,750
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Winterpark View Post
    Just to remind you Expat, this is not the first time you're posting this video here.
    it's totally worth watching again. i totally love the song, new ringtone.
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

  17. #17
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2005
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Posts
    11,586
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Clip of supervising SLE

    From Merlin.


  18. #18
    07490's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    there
    Posts
    3,047
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    discojoe, that's a very good example.
    (D)IEE~FI-(C)SLE~Ni E-5w4(Sp/Sx)/7w8(So/Sp)/9w1(sp/sx)

    Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    1)
    A girl who I want to date, asks me: well first tell me how tall you are?
    My reply: well I will answer that, if you first tell me how much you weigh!

    2)
    A girl I was dating said she was oh so great at sex etc, but she didn't do blowjobs.
    My reply: Oh I'm really romantic etc, I just will never take you out to dinner.

  19. #19
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2005
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Posts
    11,586
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 07490 View Post
    discojoe, that's a very good example.
    Yeah I think so. And I think it's not just the characters but the actors themselves that are the types in question.

  20. #20

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,276
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    And you can't fix it either. It sounds easy, but it never is.
    IEE

  21. #21
    Executor MatthewZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    TIM
    Ne-LII
    Posts
    800
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Ah yes... an Ij supervising the more wild and insensitive Ep.

  22. #22
    wants to be a writer. silverchris9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,107
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Good example. I completely agree on the types. Don't know the actors, but I probably agree there too. Also I felt bad for the SLE. SLEs are so cool.

    Oddly enough, I've never noticed supervising an ESE. I probably would supervise my ESE cousin more but I rather deliberately avoid it, especially since she's the social superior. But maybe I do supervise her a little when it comes to editing her writing; she's much more comfortable asking my mom (IEE I'm pretty sure) for help with that.
    Not a rule, just a trend.

    IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

    Yes 'a ma'am that's pretty music...

    I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.

  23. #23
    The Iniquitous inumbra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    TIM
    954
    Posts
    5,989
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I like how his solution is to cook her dinner one time, as though doing that will make up for all of it. Probably it will work for a while but soon enough it will all come back again.

  24. #24
    The Iniquitous inumbra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    TIM
    954
    Posts
    5,989
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VixenDogFox View Post
    Right, and how HE'S the one who decides what the solution to making her feel better will be! Hah!
    Yes, and about how it's "making her feel better" in this momentary way (I mean I don't know how this played out on the show)... kind of like "oh, apparently she's really upset, so I'll cook her dinner and then she won't be angry with me anymore." And she can't probably object to this because he did listen to her concerns and is acknowledging them by taking action, so further criticism of him wouldn't help since he's trying to fix the problem.

    (I think this is a good example.)

  25. #25
    wants to be a writer. silverchris9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,107
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Damn you, Discojoe. I liked this clip so much that I decided to start watching the series, and OF COURSE, it revived my whole, "meh, I'm small and cute but I want to be crouching normalguy hidden superhero too" fantasy. God, it's like watching the x-men all over again. Why do they make "you have a great destiny" porn for people who are too lazy to actually go out and make something of themselves? I swear, if only TV would show nothing but the end of Candide, where he tells you to go live on a farm and be moderately happy okayish, my life would be sooooooo much better. But no, things like this (and effing Harold Bloom) make me want to go out and slay a dragon, or at least read greek. I really should quit school and go live in the woods and write poetry, and then emerge with the great manuscript. I need to find some worlds to conquer. Why? So that I can prove myself dangerous. It all goes back to Walt Whitman (this business is his fault too), and his nonsense about novitiates and telling people to go away because he wants them to come too close. Oh, and Hamlet's fault too: "I prithee take thy fingers from my throat,/For, though I am not splenitive and rash,/Yet have I in me something dangerous,/Which let thy wisdom fear" (that which, in me, passes show). Also, I wish that I had secret magical powers that would make me good in a fight. I should learn karate. But secret magical powers would be much better. One wants to make a monster of one's self, because they will not give you your desire. And yes, you can do it to yourself, because I'm not even on anything tonight (although I've recently discovered that I really do like the taste of alcohol--some people don't like the burn, but I do, although I'm a *complete* lightweight--but I'm going to take it slowly, because I absolutely decline to become an alcoholic. But that probably requires some psychological stuff too, and I'm fairly good at manipulating myself in that regard, especially if I have some forewarning. Well, fairly good, anyway.) When people say they're high on life, they're not kidding.

    btw, all that means that I'm really enjoying the show and it's a good find. I'll probably make a type the characters thread later. I identify with Merlin (and Hamlet, and Walt Whitman, etc.), so I want him to be IEI, but he probably isn't, although that would make Merlin and Arthur duals, and IEI court wise man/magician/almost-as-powerful best friend to SLE king/strongest/recipient of advice is sort of a typical IEI-SLE relationship dating back to Achilles and Patroclus, and probably even before that, although they say that Patroclus was the lover and Achilles was the beloved, but who says that? Plato and Socrates, victim males both, I'm sure, regardless of what else they might be, and so it was probably wishful thinking on their parts.
    Not a rule, just a trend.

    IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

    Yes 'a ma'am that's pretty music...

    I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.

  26. #26
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2005
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Posts
    11,586
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Merlin is IEI (actor too, and he and Arthur have really good chemistry)
    Arthur is SLE
    Gaius is ILI
    Gwen is ESI
    Uther is LSI
    Morgana is SEE

  27. #27
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2005
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Posts
    11,586
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Also, the gamma characters act as foils to the beta characters.

  28. #28
    redbaron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    9,321
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    silverchris you are too funny! and I agree, I felt sorry for the SLE too.

    I think every supervisory relationship looks a bit different. That's why I still think it would be cool to have specific intertype relations descriptions for every single relation. heh.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

  29. #29
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2005
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Posts
    11,586
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
    silverchris you are too funny! and I agree, I felt sorry for the SLE too.

    I think every supervisory relationship looks a bit different. That's why I still think it would be cool to have specific intertype relations descriptions for every single relation. heh.
    ^ISFp pretending to be INFp

  30. #30
    Snomunegot munenori2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Kansas
    TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Posts
    7,739
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by silverchris9 View Post
    I swear, if only TV would show nothing but the end of Candide, where he tells you to go live on a farm and be moderately happy okayish, my life would be sooooooo much better.


    Someone else in the world has read Voltaire.

  31. #31
    wants to be a writer. silverchris9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,107
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by munenori2 View Post


    Someone else in the world has read Voltaire.
    No, sadly, I haven't. I was supposed to for school once, so I bs'd it, and I'm slightly familiar with the musical/opera by Leonard Bernstein; between the two, I figured out what the ending was about, and what the general plot structure/message probably is. But don't worry, Candide's on the list, and it will get read.

    silverchris you are too funny! and I agree, I felt sorry for the SLE too.
    . Gracias.
    Not a rule, just a trend.

    IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

    Yes 'a ma'am that's pretty music...

    I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.

  32. #32
    Marie84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    TIM
    EII
    Posts
    2,359
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    That's a good example of getting Fi-ed. Though I'm not sure many SLE's would answer "you're right" following it...
    EII INFj
    Forum status: retired

  33. #33
    Snomunegot munenori2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Kansas
    TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Posts
    7,739
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by discojoe View Post
    ^ISFp pretending to be INFp
    ^ISTj hatin' on the cool people

  34. #34
    Haikus
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    MI
    TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Posts
    10,060
    Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Why do they make "you have a great destiny" porn for people who are too lazy to actually go out and make something of themselves?
    Because. The only reason the world sucks is because the people who should be in it, aren't in it. The true heroes are always tender hearted relateable faggots because that's the way it has to be, it doesn't really work any other way, emotionally.

    It's not so much they are lazy, it's because of how sensitive they are. So humanely sensitive that it's cringe worthy and creepy and disgusting and real and transformative.

    They're making you realize that, by being encouraging and nice and aww-ish, that you have secret power you introverted faggot. So like, you can simply live. Because your good-natured ness has a ripple effect that saves all of humanity, not just yourself. In fact, that's sort of what it's about. It's not all about you!

    People were touched by Johnathon on Buffy when they were with him in real life, but they disliked him when he was just a hermit in his room all day, idealizing them and stuff. Maybe not as much as he wanted, not in the most ideal amount, but they were touched. In the end, it was enough for him to just be Johnathon, just living in the world- as silly and awkward and geeky he was, because that sort of inspired other people, and tapped into their humanity.

    It wouldn't work if an outgoing jock was like this because the world is already built for them, there's really no obstacles for them. The world is made for them and for them to enjoy it, they aren't going to get like....emo over the things a shy fag would. It's not really a challenge or a struggle or effectively emotional for them to simply face the world, and live in it. They still have pain. But, they just do it anyway? Cause they're not bothered by shit. Yeah they ARE naturally tougher. But that's also sort of boring.

    There's also no emotional send off, either. It's rewarding in movies when you see the shy faggot that got picked on his whole life finally beating up the bad guys. How is it rewarding to see a strong tough straight man do that? He already could stand up to that stuff easily. He already was a hero and popular with girls and stuff because of that. But when the shy faggy mama's boy finally does it, it feels better because they haven't done it before. It makes you go 'yeaaaah man!'

    When Vi said 'these guys are dust' after being empowered with the slayer scythe, that wouldn't be heroic at all if she didn't act so emo and scared for every episode prior. You thought for a moment that she might die, cause other girls who were emo and scared died for real as well.

    Okay, it's a cliche you say. You're expecting when it's happening so it's not empowering anymore. Yes, there is a tendency for this to be sort of cheesy and captain planet ish instead of something that actually works. I think that's why you show a diverse view of characters, you show a lot of other geeks and nerds that weren't man enough to get over their emoness and succumb to their dark sides and like, fall completely under and die completely. And then it sort of makes you bitter and hard again, cuz now that's realistic. But then you're saved by the fantasy again.

    Of course it's not realistic but that's not the point, it's to give people hope. =D You have to show people that it's worth it, to stand up to shit, that 'they can do it' and to do that you need to sort of play off both worlds. reality and fantasy.

  35. #35
    The Iniquitous inumbra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    TIM
    954
    Posts
    5,989
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by discojoe View Post
    Merlin is IEI (actor too, and he and Arthur have really good chemistry)
    Arthur is SLE
    Gwen is ESI
    Uther is LSI
    Morgana is SEE
    I've seen some episodes of this and i agree with these typings. I was pondering the dragon as possibly LIE.

  36. #36
    wants to be a writer. silverchris9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,107
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves View Post
    post
    Just wanna let you know I read this and it was awesome.
    Not a rule, just a trend.

    IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

    Yes 'a ma'am that's pretty music...

    I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.

  37. #37

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    501
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves View Post
    Because. The only reason the world sucks is because the people who should be in it, aren't in it. The true heroes are always tender hearted relateable faggots because that's the way it has to be, it doesn't really work any other way, emotionally.

    It's not so much they are lazy, it's because of how sensitive they are. So humanely sensitive that it's cringe worthy and creepy and disgusting and real and transformative.

    They're making you realize that, by being encouraging and nice and aww-ish, that you have secret power you introverted faggot. So like, you can simply live. Because your good-natured ness has a ripple effect that saves all of humanity, not just yourself. In fact, that's sort of what it's about. It's not all about you!

    People were touched by Johnathon on Buffy when they were with him in real life, but they disliked him when he was just a hermit in his room all day, idealizing them and stuff. Maybe not as much as he wanted, not in the most ideal amount, but they were touched. In the end, it was enough for him to just be Johnathon, just living in the world- as silly and awkward and geeky he was, because that sort of inspired other people, and tapped into their humanity.

    It wouldn't work if an outgoing jock was like this because the world is already built for them, there's really no obstacles for them. The world is made for them and for them to enjoy it, they aren't going to get like....emo over the things a shy fag would. It's not really a challenge or a struggle or effectively emotional for them to simply face the world, and live in it. They still have pain. But, they just do it anyway? Cause they're not bothered by shit. Yeah they ARE naturally tougher. But that's also sort of boring.

    There's also no emotional send off, either. It's rewarding in movies when you see the shy faggot that got picked on his whole life finally beating up the bad guys. How is it rewarding to see a strong tough straight man do that? He already could stand up to that stuff easily. He already was a hero and popular with girls and stuff because of that. But when the shy faggy mama's boy finally does it, it feels better because they haven't done it before. It makes you go 'yeaaaah man!'

    When Vi said 'these guys are dust' after being empowered with the slayer scythe, that wouldn't be heroic at all if she didn't act so emo and scared for every episode prior. You thought for a moment that she might die, cause other girls who were emo and scared died for real as well.

    Okay, it's a cliche you say. You're expecting when it's happening so it's not empowering anymore. Yes, there is a tendency for this to be sort of cheesy and captain planet ish instead of something that actually works. I think that's why you show a diverse view of characters, you show a lot of other geeks and nerds that weren't man enough to get over their emoness and succumb to their dark sides and like, fall completely under and die completely. And then it sort of makes you bitter and hard again, cuz now that's realistic. But then you're saved by the fantasy again.

    Of course it's not realistic but that's not the point, it's to give people hope. =D You have to show people that it's worth it, to stand up to shit, that 'they can do it' and to do that you need to sort of play off both worlds. reality and fantasy.
    While I do see the merit of all that feel good jazz, I almost wonder if there isn't more harm than good in it. It almost seems as if such "feel good" tall tales are hurting the same people they're trying to help in this way, by feeding them the idea that “good” tends to be rewarded in the greater scheme of things (more than “bad” or just “neutrality”, I mean). If they're going to try and make the point that principal sacrifices make the world as a whole a better place, I say do that. But don't make it this wondrous "good always wins" bullshit. I'd like to see the main character bleed, sweat, cry, and altogether breakdown. I'd like to see him maybe even try a little evil, because pursuing good breaks him down so much. I'd like to see him just kind of scrape across the pavement of life a good bit in a real ugly way as we all sit in awe at the putrid beauty of it. That should be the beauty if anything- his perseverance through total disaster, not this mildly complicated little song and dance as he carries some pretty girl in his right arm and all the “bad guys” sling rocks at him with blindfolds on. Maybe he gets back up again and wins, but then he should be depicted as one man in a sea of equal losers. Maybe he looses at the end- that'd be okay.
    I say if the reality is that "good" and sticking to principal for good is going to be a rough ride, then give our generation the truth that it's going to be a rough ride (because I do think these stories hold some weight in our generation- just look at the unrealistic hopes of romanticism among people perpetuated by media- but that's a whole different can of worms...). No one says you can't make a beautiful, inspiring story out of that. If people are only doing “good” because they think that's the rewarding thing, then it's the wrong idea anyways, right? No point in tricking them- they ultimately just come up with their own idea of what “good” is anyways, and/or trick themselves into believing they're doing it. That seems like the most common thing to me, anyways. Or maybe I'm just a total cynic/pessimist in these matters. That probably holds a little weight, anyways. Haha.
    But even the whole idea of the "ripple effect" seems a little stretched to me at this point. Can you really look at contributing “good” as making any kind of great "change" per say? I look at it as my contribution to the sort of "greater puzzle" that is humanity. It'll make for temporary trends, maybe. But ultimately doing it for "change" would seem for naught... the point would seem to be to keep “good” in the world on a constant basis... to keep the whole "yin" and "yang" thing going... doing it would be just kind of my or your or the "knight fag's" (haha) place in the greater scheme of things. ...Not that I'm asserting you'd necessarily disagree with that aspect, but you didn't expand on it per say so I figured I'd go ahead with my view anyways, haha.
    Anyways, I figured that'd be an interesting sort of "opposing" viewpoint to share (obviously your perspective's as good as mine).
    Who else needs a bath?

    (I should perhaps say that I do view “good” as a relatively subjective matter to begin with. Though I don’t know if it holds much any bearing in that whole little rant.
    )

  38. #38
    Haikus Sirena's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    GAH, US
    TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Posts
    2,549
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Yeah, this is a great example! Actually, this show is probably the best example I've seen of IEI-SLE duality on TV as well. I enjoy seeing Arthur's and Merlin's interactions, they're so mutually beneficial.

    I also agree with the rest of the typings, except maybe Gaius as ILI. I just don't see him as Fe PoLR, but who knows! It's not a super strong opinion.

    I really like this show!

  39. #39
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    She's so dramatic...

    He is SLE, she, I don't know.

    Conflict relations are very much like that as well.

  40. #40
    I've been waiting for you Satan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Behind you
    TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Posts
    4,956
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)

    Default

    morgana's kind of hot. aren't see's usually ugly?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •