Results 1 to 20 of 20

Thread: Anecdotes of the ID

  1. #1
    Creepy-

    Default Anecdotes of the ID

    If anyone has any anecdotes of their ID functions manifesting, I would love to hear them!

    (All of a sudden I'm fascinated with subconscious functions).

  2. #2
    Hiding Typhon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Valhalla
    TIM
    Ni-ENFj
    Posts
    2,645
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Well the other night I dreamt I was beating up this girl in my class who annoys me.

  3. #3
    Creepy-pokeball

    Default

    Dreams eh? I dreamt the other night that I was a nice/sweet/passive & sand blonde child actor in California doing a shark movie where I'd do each scene diving into the ocean and race to the safety nets (it was like a curtain of metal shark mesh) and then the nice lady assistant would take me back up to shoot another scene. It was only then when I woke up that I realized that I had a dream where I was in a dangerous situation... but I was afraid in the dream at all.

    Okay Freud, have fun with that =p

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Ich bin ein ubel glied
    Posts
    8,198
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Anecdotes of the ID

    Quote Originally Posted by ishysquishy
    If anyone has any anecdotes of their ID functions manifesting, I would love to hear them!

    (All of a sudden I'm fascinated with subconscious functions).
    Essentially the ID functions are just functions that are sacrificed and disregarded in a way that other people of other types will think is totally arrogant or disrespectful. However, since these are subconscious functions the effects of ID functions are not conscious to the person using them.

    Basically the main diffrenct between the 7th and 8th function is that a person can typically use the 7th, but the 8th may be totally disregarded. Think of the Id block as a reversed dual to the the Super-Ego block ...

  5. #5
    UDP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    East Coast West Coast Dirty South
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    14,826
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I've got plenty of anecdots for this thread, but I don't think it's with me to tell them here.


    Last night I had a dream about this site, to be honest with you. It was kind of funny, but actually uneasy whilst dreaming.
    Pre-2013 post are written with incomplete understanding.

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,074
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I disagree, McNew.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!


    Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

  7. #7
    Hot Message FDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Freiburg im Breisgau
    TIM
    ENTj
    Posts
    15,632
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I honestly do not think that my Ne is disregarded.


    But the above sentence might be exactly due to a disregarded Ne.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

  8. #8
    Expat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    10,853
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    To state the obvious, I agree with FDG.

    My brother is ENTp. I can perfectly see how his is much more dominant than mine, but I certainly don't think mine is disregarded. That becomes clear when dealing with ISXjs.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Ich bin ein ubel glied
    Posts
    8,198
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Expat
    To state the obvious, I agree with FDG.

    My brother is ENTp. I can perfectly see how his is much more dominant than mine, but I certainly don't think mine is disregarded. That becomes clear when dealing with ISXjs.
    Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    I honestly do not think that my Ne is disregarded.


    But the above sentence might be exactly due to a disregarded Ne.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky
    I disagree, McNew.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Of course a person of a specific type would deny that their 8th function is disregarded, because it is something that the observer notices. For example, an ENTp uses to avoid using [as in that they do not want to use the logical thought processes of others] ... an ENTp does not want to follow the logical solutions of others so an ENTp is going to use his to create a new logical solution that he could call his own. However, an ENTp may offend other people who expect them to follow certain solutions to obtain specific answers, but they will not so long as they are acting naturally. On the other hand, if an ENTp forces himself to follow another persons logic and solutions, that is another story altogether. But it is not something that is in an ENTps nature to do.

  10. #10
    Hot Message FDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Freiburg im Breisgau
    TIM
    ENTj
    Posts
    15,632
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    You're not really replying to our posts, actually.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

  11. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Ich bin ein ubel glied
    Posts
    8,198
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    You're not really replying to our posts, actually.
    Either that, or I did not meet your expectations ... what do you expect?

  12. #12
    Hot Message FDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Freiburg im Breisgau
    TIM
    ENTj
    Posts
    15,632
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rmcnew
    Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    You're not really replying to our posts, actually.
    Either that, or I did not meet your expectations ... what do you expect?
    The motivation for the type to believe that a function is not disregarded.

    How, for example, could I be able to see both sides of a question by using Ni? It doesn't make a lot of sense to me.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

  13. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Ich bin ein ubel glied
    Posts
    8,198
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    Quote Originally Posted by rmcnew
    Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    You're not really replying to our posts, actually.
    Either that, or I did not meet your expectations ... what do you expect?
    The motivation for the type to believe that a function is not disregarded.

    How, for example, could I be able to see both sides of a question by using Ni? It doesn't make a lot of sense to me.
    Maybe the word "disregarded" is causing some to fixate their minds on something other than what I intended,

    #8 Function of Concrete Art
    strong
    producing

    Your function of concrete art is a function which automatically creates for yourself and helps others with. You typically are not even aware of this function as a skill.
    For this example, I am using type ENTp with as the 2nd function, and as the 8th ..

    Essentially this is saying that when a ENTp uses , they are doing so because they have already used their to gauge the logical solutions of others. However, they must also naturally disregard whatever they have guaged from in order to use . This is in itself the source of an ENTps origionality. So, I am not saying that an ENTp does not use , just that they activelly disregard what they gauge from it.

    However, an ENTp also does not notice this process and does not realize that he or she is being perceived by some as arrogant in the process, because there are some who value following the logic thought processes of others and find it disrespectful.

  14. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Ich bin ein ubel glied
    Posts
    8,198
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Am I clear now or do I have to keep reclarifying?

  15. #15

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,074
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rmcnew
    For example, an ENTp uses to avoid using [as in that they do not want to use the logical thought processes of others] ... an ENTp does not want to follow the logical solutions of others so an ENTp is going to use his to create a new logical solution that he could call his own.
    Oh, dear lord, that's not what Te is like at all...

    ...please, FDG and Expat, set him straight!


    However, they must also naturally disregard whatever they have guaged from Te in order to use Ti.
    ... I'd say not always...


    There is so much I'd like to write about Te right here, but, bah... just read Jung's descriptions. He explains them better.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!


    Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

  16. #16
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Ich bin ein ubel glied
    Posts
    8,198
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky
    Quote Originally Posted by rmcnew
    For example, an ENTp uses to avoid using [as in that they do not want to use the logical thought processes of others] ... an ENTp does not want to follow the logical solutions of others so an ENTp is going to use his to create a new logical solution that he could call his own.
    Oh, dear lord, that's not what Te is like at all...

    ...please, FDG and Expat, set him straight!
    .
    Rocky, that is what does when it is an 8th function ... I was not talking about as a 1st or 2nd function.

  17. #17
    Creepy-

    Default

    Well, I don't "disregard" but I see it as a marked weakness (although the tests always say it's strong, hrm). I wouldn't think that I had any idea what morals were, and relationships? I consider myself a klutz in this respect, actually. Then again I might be confusing this with my non-reaction to things requiring ethical judgement...

  18. #18
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Ich bin ein ubel glied
    Posts
    8,198
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Of course people are not intentionally "disregarding" the 8th function, it just happens and you have no idea when or how you are doing it.

    Unless you study socionics of course ...

  19. #19
    Creepy-

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rmcnew
    Of course people are not intentionally "disregarding" the 8th function, it just happens and you have no idea when or how you are doing it.

    Unless you study socionics of course ...
    I do agree with that. I was more trying to illustrate what I thought you meant by "disregard". I'm not sure how successful I was.

  20. #20
    Creepy-pokeball

    Default

    I liked talking about dreams better :/

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •