Anybody know how an enneagram type 6 can achieve self-confidence? I know by asking others how to improve my own confidence... is a bit contradictory, but I'm a 6 I don't know what else to do. I tend to easily self-sabotage everything for myself. Then people can't believe I do this, as they see how capable I really am. I still always rely on others to tell me what to do. It's really pathetic but it's my natural Achilles heel so I don't know how to overcome it. It's the inherent darkness that I was born with. I'm finally starting to make decisions for myself though and it is improving my relationships with others.

I can give easily of myself (and am so good at being an advocate for people), but without boosting up my own strengths sometimes there's nothing to give.

I always think I gotta tell people too much or ask for their advice and opinion. If I'm making a big life change it's stressful because I always think I need to ask 15 people what I should do and if I'm really doing the right thing. It's pathetic. How can I listen to my OWN fucking voice for once, because once I do, I'm almost always right.

I never really learned how to build my own confidence. I've always placed it in other people and their compliments of me. =/ I just realized this, and why my life is kinda always fucked up and how I ruin things for myself.

I guess it all comes down to thrusting myself and doing things I don't want to do, to build up character from challenges. (but see this isn't really it either because sometimes I can do really dangerous things just to shock and wake my body up. I can be brave, but also recklessly stupid.)

It would make me too anxious to be a specialized professional though. I need variety and a hybrid life of many experiences to find true peace, I feel.