Hybrid View

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default SEIs-ISFps, come hither

What do you freaks think of the following quote?
    Quote Originally Posted by Expat
    In the final analysis, ISFps want to optimize their immediate sense of well being, and that is affected by whatever their Fe is catching - on an immediate, short-term and short-space level. Simplistically put, they want to feel good at all times.
    Do you relate to it? If so, what does "feeling good" mean to you? What lengths would you go to to maintain that feeling of well-being? Do you normally seek to stamp out the cause of your discomfort or would you hide from it/ try not to think about it? If it was up to you, would you ever choose conflict over harmony? How do you deal with conflicts when they arise?
    "Language is the Rubicon that divides man from beast."

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't worry about feeling good.

Do you normally seek to stamp out the cause of your discomfort or would you hide from it/ try not to think about it?
    Hide from it.

If it was up to you, would you ever choose conflict over harmony?
    No, only if I felt morally superior.

How do you deal with conflicts when they arise?
    Either assert myself in private or allow the aggressor to win.
    D-SEI 9w1

This is me and my dual being scientific together

I had words here once, but I didn't feed them Khola aka Bee's Avatar
    TIM
    Meat Popsicle
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't seek to feel good all the time - As much as I hate it I need to experience other emotions too, in order to be able to express myself and stimulate others.

As for conflict/harmony - I feel good when there is harmony, but I wouldn't fight purely for the sake of asthetics...I only ever put up a fight when somebody crosses an ethical boudary, e.g blindly using logical and hurting people's feelings with little concern in the process, doing something horrible for personal gain, etc...

I think the thing I really do seek out is the ability to have access to those good feelings whenever I want them, but that is a slightly different thing, you see. It is about having the ability to access, interact and engage a special group of people in my life that can do that for me. Without those people I feel quite lost.

Does that make any sense?
    Hello, my name is Bee. Pleased to meet you .

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bee View Post
    I don't seek to feel good all the time - As much as I hate it I need to experience other emotions too, in order to be able to express myself and stimulate others.

As for conflict/harmony - I feel good when there is harmony, but I wouldn't fight purely for the sake of asthetics...I only ever put up a fight when somebody crosses an ethical boudary, e.g blindly using logical and hurting people's feelings with little concern in the process, doing something horrible for personal gain, etc...

I think the thing I really do seek out is the ability to have access to those good feelings whenever I want them, but that is a slightly different thing, you see. It is about having the ability to access, interact and engage a special group of people in my life that can do that for me. Without those people I feel quite lost.

Does that make any sense?
    I think so. (c: You're meaning that you don't necessarily have to feel good all the time, but need the security of knowing that there are always people there who care enough to make you feel good or cheer you up when you need it .... that having that feeling of security makes you less needful of having to feel good in the present ??

TIM
    ILE-Ti
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sadly, most of what Expat has been writing of recent has been crap. Some of it is definitely okay, but most of it is just crap.
    Suomea

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Suomea View Post
    Sadly, most of what Expat has been writing of recent has been crap. Some of it is definitely okay, but most of it is just crap.
    well aren't SEIs his conflictors? so maybe that colors things a bit. or do you mean generally speaking?
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Suomea View Post
    Pearls before swine.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd say I relate to it, except maybe the optimization aspect. That almost sounds like too much work or effort. I think he may have a point in that it does deal with how one's feeling in an immediate context, but I think always wanting to feel good is a bit of a stretch. There's a kernel of truth in there obviously, though sometimes the feeling good doesn't come from what's traditionally associated with Si. Like even a small dose of conflict can feel exhilirating so long as the mood is right, it happens very infrequently, and there's at least a shot at returning things to an overall better atmosphere (the 'bouncer' effect). More often though, it's far easier and advisable to just remove oneself from whatever it is.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by munenori2 View Post
    I'd say I relate to it, except maybe the optimization aspect. That almost sounds like too much work or effort. I think he may have a point in that it does deal with how one's feeling in an immediate context, but I think always wanting to feel good is a bit of a stretch. There's a kernel of truth in there obviously, though sometimes the feeling good doesn't come from what's traditionally associated with Si. Like even a small dose of conflict can feel exhilirating so long as the mood is right, it happens very infrequently, and there's at least a shot at returning things to an overall better atmosphere (the 'bouncer' effect). More often though, it's far easier and advisable to just remove oneself from whatever it is.
    ditto