Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: ISFp jobs/careers/occupations: what do SEIs do for a living?

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default ISFp jobs/careers/occupations: what do SEIs do for a living?

lol......
    D-SEI 9w1

This is me and my dual being scientific together

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anything you want. The world is your oyster ^-^
    ILE
    7w8 so/sp

Very busy with work. Only kind of around.

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yay!
    D-SEI 9w1

This is me and my dual being scientific together

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

medical research participant.
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

taste tester
    Quote Originally Posted by Logos
    Holy mud-wrestling bipolar donkeys, Batman!

Retired from posting and drawing Social Security. E-mail or PM to contact.

I pity your souls

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

house stager
    ILE
    7w8 so/sp

Very busy with work. Only kind of around.

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

graphic designer
    advertising
    musician
    music teacher
    architect
    cartoonist
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
    G raphic designer
    A dvertising
    M usician
    M usic teacher
    A rchitect
    cartoonist

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Redbaron is clearly a secret agent sent from Gamma to infiltrate our ranks.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

pretty funny!
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

actually, I was just listing the jobs of several SEIs I actually know.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ Yeah, tell another one. That's what they all say.

Begone, fiend!!

I had words here once, but I didn't feed them Khola aka Bee's Avatar
    TIM
    Meat Popsicle
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually, I kinda work in Graphic Design/Typesetting...but I think I'm about to quit!

Love the work though
    Hello, my name is Bee. Pleased to meet you .

TIM
    ISXj
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

disappointment
    Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves.
    John Muir

I had words here once, but I didn't feed them Khola aka Bee's Avatar
    TIM
    Meat Popsicle
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

NO JOB CAN HOLD ME, FOR I AM FREE LIKE THE WIND, A TRUE SEI.

Please give me money.
    Hello, my name is Bee. Pleased to meet you .

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whatever the job for the ISFP, it has to serve a purpose. While they are good at arts/crafts if those things they do not produce income or lead to no where they will not go for it. Unsurprisingly you will find a lot of ISFPs doing office/technical work I think they do wish they can be musicians or artists but reality says only the best/unique can be so. Even in office work ISFPs still find time to be artistic whether in discussion or their desk ornaments.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by calenwen View Post
    disappointment
    this reminds me of the song Snowball In Hell by They Might Be Giants:

"if it wasn't for disappointment, I wouldn't have any appointments"

IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default SEIs what do you do for a living?

i have a couple of occupation related questions for the SEIs on this forum. you don't have to answer all of these if you're not comfortable revealing too much personal information, but it would be great if you can comment on a few.

1. what do you currently do for a living? what kind of jobs have you held in the past? what did you enjoy or hate about these jobs and the places where you worked? which was your most/least favorite job?

2. what in your experience and/or opinion would be a good occupation for an ISFp? what kind of occupation would you like to have if you had all the means available to you?

3. what is/was your major if you have attended college? what subjects did you like in school? what subjects were you good at (language, math, science, etc.)?

TIM
    9w1 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

My dad and sister are both SEI.

My sister is a Registered Nurse. When she was putting herself through college she worked at a grocery store and then later as a waitress. Actually when she graduated and started working as an RN she still kept one of her shifts at the restaurant because she really loved it and she only worked 3 days a week at the hospital. I think she missed her regulars and all that.

My dad is a master carpenter. He has held various positions in a metal foundry as well as being a foreman there. He has been a crane operator. He has been a welder in the union building freeway overpasses and bridges and such. He has been a building inspector. Right now he builds houses with a small construction company. It's a small crew of 4-5 people. They do everything from laying the concrete foundation to building the frame to doing the electrical, etc. He told me a few years ago that he always wanted to be an EMT. I was pretty shocked at that. I had no idea. Also, he loves to babysit his grandkids. Lol. He could probably seriously run a nursery.

TIM
    SEI E6 ISFJ
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Current: Forever a student :'D I live off student loans and part-time jobs. Currently a healthy/sport smoothie and juice bar that also sells vitamin supplements. Trying to get another part-time job at an artsy cafe downtown. Love the atmosphere of these places, hate not being able to (or feeling brave enough to ask) manage my own work hours/schedule. I'll soon be going for training to become a birth and post-partum doula though. So hopefully then I can actually have an income and set up my own appointments OTL

My "ideal" occupation would probably be stay-at-home mom/caregiver with some volunteer work or part-time employment n the side with something I'm passionate about. Have also though about doula, midwife, or counselor as other options if I can't find anyone to marry lol Anything with a "helping" role and working with people seems like a possible fit.

I have a degree in psychology, and have been taking courses in bio as prep for midwifery. My favourite classes are social sciences and creative subjects (theatre, art, writing). I excelled in languages and essay-writing too, and I'm quite good at math and science as long as I pay attention to the material and do my homework. The only subject I really dislike is history :/

Hope that helps!

TIM
    Si 6 spsx
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One SEI I know does administrative work at a small liberal arts college. She checks submitted applications, answers any questions from parents and students, mails admissions materials. She has a good eye for detail. In school her favorite subjects were language and literature.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1. what do you currently do for a living? what kind of jobs have you held in the past? what did you enjoy or hate about these jobs and the places where you worked? which was your most/least favorite job?
    I am currently a mental health support worker. In the past I have had a job in retail and a job in a nursing home. I hated retail with the passion because I dislike lying to people. Plus they gave me zero training and I am extremely uncomfortable with just winging it and having zero guidance. I loved working in the nursing home but I had to leave for my own mental health. There was a lot of institutionalised abuse going on and I was being really bullied by two carers and one senior carer. I'm not sure which was my least favourite job. I didn't get bullied in my retail job but the work was boring and I found dealing with customers difficult. I loved the actual work at the nursing home but it made me extremely ill. I think they were both pretty shitty for different reasons. I like my current job although it can be quite stressful because they've currently made cutbacks because I work for the NHS. And it's very low pay

2. what in your experience and/or opinion would be a good occupation for an ISFp? what kind of occupation would you like to have if you had all the means available to you?
    I don't know if I can speak for all SEIs but for me personally I like jobs where I can be of service..more so in a caring way. I'm deeply shy so sometimes I find this hard and have the desire to just get a really solitary job because people can be too much for me but I know I wouldn't be truly happy. I think I'd like to be a Occupational Therapist but it's not very practical to train as one at the moment. I am trying to build up some savings in case I ever want to go back to university and train as one but I can't really see that happening.

3. what is/was your major if you have attended college? what subjects did you like in school? what subjects were you good at (language, math, science, etc.)?
    I was studying Mental Health Nursing at uni but I only did a year and dropped out. Really was not what I expected. The only patient contact I had was with clinical procedures, like the drugs round etc. I felt really disillusioned and disappointed.
    At school I enjoyed English because I was very good at it. I'm not so good at it now because I have forgotten a lot of the rules of English and but at the time I was the best in my class. I really liked Art too. I enjoyed some modules of Psychology but not all. When I was very young I really enjoyed athletics (NOT competitive sports or team sports, way too aggressive for me) and it was actually my ambition to become some sort of athlete. I was very good at long distance running and was on the cross country team and competed against other schools. But as I got older I disliked training and I became very body conscious when I started puberty so I didn't want to wear shorts and run etc. I also took a Nutrition and Health class for two years which I really enjoyed...but I can hardly remember a thing I learned. I actually don't remember many things from school...I must be getting old.

TIM
    SEI 9w8
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Currently, I am a server in a restaurant on the weekends (bleh). During the week, I have an internship at a psychotherapy office (yay).

In the past, I've been a general manager of an ice cream shop, quality assurance tester for social media games, upholstery apprentice, office assistant, and sales associate.

I loved the freedom the ice cream shop provided. I made the ice cream and decorated cakes all while having a good time. I found testing games enjoyable at first, until I could no longer handle the personality of my team lead. She constantly talked about her sexting and cybering with guys on skype while sitting next to her fiance. It was gross and I don't like people who are flashy in that sense. My apprenticeship was a major lapse in judgement. I enjoyed the idea of renewing furniture because of my knack for interior design, but I am not cut out for power tools and physical labor. Retail was nice, I mostly untangled necklaces and folded clothes, and the clothing discount left little to complain about :-)

I am attracted to office positions where making the environment comfortable, organized and easy to navigate are part of the job description. Any position with strict schedules, deadlines and little flexibility grow old fast. I can't say what a good occupation would be since I only have experience in entry level positions... I think that restaurant jobs are nice when starting out in the workforce, especially as a host. You have a nice dose of socializing and free food from the kitchen, but without all pressure of trying to sell and upsell tables. But I think as long as the work isn't physically demanding and the people are easy to deal with, a SEI could fit anywhere.

If I could be anything, anything at all? I would do research like Johns Hopkins does with psilocybin. Nothing interests me more than psychology, the brain and altered states.

I am a psychology major. My favorite classes in college were physiological psychology and philosophy (both taught by entps lol). I also performed really well in science labs, not so much in the lectures. In high school, I did best in math and science. I almost went to an art focused high school, but didn't pass the second cut. Not being accepted was a major blow to my 13 year old self esteem and I stopped drawing and painting after that. However, I never lost the interest in art and hope to practice art therapy in the future.

TIM
    / / /
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

bumping thread

there aren't many alpha SF's on the forum but does anyone have anecdotes about what their alpha SF friends do for a living?

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lemontrees View Post
    bumping thread

there aren't many alpha SF's on the forum but does anyone have anecdotes about what their alpha SF friends do for a living?
    do you mean something that you might also be able to do?

if so, my contribution wont be that helpful to you personally perhaps...but i'm in medicine, and i know plenty of other alpha SFs in medicine and nursing as well. Filatova's description specifically says SEIs make good doctors, actually:

Quote Originally Posted by Filatova SEI description
    Professional Possibilities:

The most adequate activities for the SEI are found in the sphere of services. Among people of this type it is possible to meet splendid artists and musicians; people of this psycho-type may also be successfully occupied by medicine and teaching. They realize their potential well in the areas of interior design, fashion and cuisine.

Career Possibilities:
    Social Worker
    Retail Sales / Fashion Merchandiser
    K-12 Teacher
    Historian
    Researcher / Biologist / Social Scientist
    Family Physician / Health Care Administrator / Physical Therapist / Health Technician
    Dietician
    Hotel Management
    Police Detective / Probation Officer
    Librarian
    Artist / Musician / Writer / Editor
    Administrative Assistant / Receptionist
    from: http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...Fp-description

Maybe this list will be helpful to you from the other suggestions though!
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

bumping thread

My significant other (R) is a production manager for a company that makes crossarms (for telephone/electricity poles). R went into the military after high school. Then when he got out he got a job at the company his father was working for. R started doing up the numbers analysis for the unions, for when they were negotiating with the company. When the production manager left, the company was going to hire his father, but the job required computer abilities, which his father can't do. Because of his father, and his number analysis skill, R was suggested for the job. He's frustrated because he doesn't feel that he's earning his money, that he doesn't really provide a useful service for the company. He says they constantly praise him, but he feels like a fraud. He thinks any of the other managers could add his duties onto theirs with little problem. He worries that he'll be fired once they find out just how easy his job is.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

SEI ex-roommate - she was a year into the history PhD program when we met and seemed to be very content with and determined to go through with it. She wanted to become a history professor - that was her dream.
    SEI co-worker - she was working on getting a masters in chemistry then she wanted to apply for law school and become a patent lawyer; she said she wanted to do this because it would allow her to work from home at least part time, so she could sit with the children, as her and her husband were planning to start a family, and at the same time make a good income.
    SEI dude I knew very briefly - worked as a middle school teacher and supplemented his income by trading online, which in his own words provided a good secondary income, but he didn't want to pursue it full time and quit his teaching job due to benefits that teachers get.
    SEI women in her 50s - small business owner, owns a shop where she sells artwork and some antique pieces.
    SEI man in his 40s - works at a water purification plant on some kind of operations supervisor position; boring job but it probably had good benefits.

There were also many SEIs in biology and biochemistry divisions from what I recall from the uni and working in different labs. I think the slower pace of biology experiments, relatively flexible schedule, an opportunity to do creative work, and the attention to detail these kinds of jobs required appeal to SEIs (which is the opposite of what I need usually, which is something faster paced where omitting some details to speed things up would be fine).

And there's really no one like an ILE with their Ne + Ti-creative/Te-demonstrative to offer advice on what kind of work-related options and possibilities are out there and within your grasp, and to instill confidence in their pursuit. As someone with problematic Te and weak Ti, I've found that I received a lot of career-related support from ILEs that would have taken me a long while, if never, to figure out on my own (and SLEs are probably similar in this respect).
    Last edited by silke; 09-25-2015 at 08:33 PM. Reason: typo

TIM
    ILE-Ti Subtype
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My best buddy is an ESI-Si sub who is a kindergarten teacher and seems like the best person in the world at his work. Truly cares about the kids and their future. Wants to instill a love of learning and a love for others and the planet into every student he teaches. I think he will go into public teaching policy in the future, likely being a principal while pursuing that path.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh come on? poops magoops? *really?* (worst stereotype ever)

TIM
    ILE-Ti Subtype
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What do you mean?

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by poops magoops View Post
    What do you mean?
    i believe that post of mine was terrible.

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Realism artist. I always liked scientific/naturalist drawings and drawing portraits/still life/landscape/nudes/animals.
    Important to note! People who share "indentical" socionics TIMs won't necessarily appear to be very similar, since they have have different backgrounds, experiences, capabilities, genetics, as well as different types in other typological systems (enneagram, instinctual variants, etc.) all of which also have a sway on compatibility and identification. Thus, Socionics type "identicals" won't necessarily be identical i.e. highly similar to each other, and not all people of "dual" types will seem interesting, attractive and appealing to each other.

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Beer quality control technician
    Important to note! People who share "indentical" socionics TIMs won't necessarily appear to be very similar, since they have have different backgrounds, experiences, capabilities, genetics, as well as different types in other typological systems (enneagram, instinctual variants, etc.) all of which also have a sway on compatibility and identification. Thus, Socionics type "identicals" won't necessarily be identical i.e. highly similar to each other, and not all people of "dual" types will seem interesting, attractive and appealing to each other.

TIM
    ILE-Ti Subtype
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My ISFp-Si biffle says he would have been a Park Ranger or a Librarian if he hadn't become a Teacher.

TIM
    Fi-SLE 3w9 so/sp
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My SEI is a sculpture and a university teacher.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast