Thread: What do you guys think of this?

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Default What do you guys think of this?

Okay normally this shit would be confidential (well I won't drop any names of course) but I just HAD to get some insight as this has been driving me crazy.

My male therapist just asked me if I ever had sex out of the blue. He's a very handsome older man. Wtf do you think is going on here? I've heard of transference but is this anything to be talking about on your first visit? Why is that any of his business. (also had nothing to do with what I was there for, which was social anxiety) I answered honestly though and just kind of smiled at him. He also winked at me.

Oh he also asked me whether or not my last guy initiated things (again, what was the point of this question?) than when I told him that my last bf started things he's all 'that's what I thought' with a sly smile on his face like 'haha I knew you were a bottom fag' kinda. like wtf does he think he's gonna get me to do something with him?

Do you think my psychologist wants to fuck me or am I reading things wrong? I see him again soon so I don't know. I'm sensing this attraction between us and I don't know if it's him or me or both or what because of the circumstances. You know?

I know that each is a lil different and are going to project their own fucking mantra on you, so I don't know. I just like to see a person once a week and it's so hard finding one that you want for a long time. *sigh*

I suppose it's safe to say that pretty much all of them are perverted if they have a job that deals with talking to people one on one all day. (and also, their own share of issues to sort out) I just hope I don't get confused and understand what is mine and what is his, you know. I'm tired of getting bad advice from my close friends and family and I really want somebody to just listen and try to really figure me out and give good advice to advance my own life. Besides, psychologists are way better than psychiatrists.

Help I'm a bit worried. I don't see these people often. I hear shit like that happens a lot though. What do you guys think? I'm not angry or upset or anything, just a bit confused/puzzled at the chemistry. Do you think this will fade the more we talk or what? I just don't know. Is it something they ask you to help you with other areas of your life or something, as I realize that sexuality is ingrained in everything subtletly but... I dunno. Is that considered a 'first question' they all ask or something?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, the way you wrote this up makes it look like he wants you and you want him. The problem with that is, that it's from your point of view, so you may be skewing it a bit on how the whole encounter went based on what you may want or don't want.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I was just saying what happened. I wasn't exaggerating it or being 'well duh he wants me' it just seemed that way. If it's simple transference than does it just go away after awhile or what? I want to see him at least about 3 more times just to sort something out.

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Most psychologists will ask you that question on the first visit, as it contributes to their clinical, background understanding of you. As for the gestures, it could just be that your answer matched his intuitions and he was trying to gauge how you would react. Maybe he wanted to see if you would project anything, had any transference going on. At this point, I wouldn't draw any definitive conclusions. A few more sessions should be enough to do so.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Thank you! That makes sense. You're right a few more sessions should do the trick.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

B&D, I believe he wants your nuts.

This happened with me and a prof's assistant a couple years ago... She was tutoring me and... Actually, it's probably best that we talk via PM or AIM so that ppl don't get all indignant.

This might be strange--ehhh, who cares, we're all here to learn about each other and each others' motivations--I've found it a turn-on when someone older, who has power over me, (in this case, the TA over my grade,) made a move... Wow, it was awesome.

Is there a Socionics reason?

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did you fuck her, lol?
    4w3-5w6-8w7

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JuJu View Post
    Is there a Socionics reason?
    Se?
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by strrrng View Post
    Did you fuck her, lol?
    everything but... the talk during that encounter... I still think about it... It was awesome.

P.S. implied... Valued Se, you think?

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Yeah Juju I'm gonna pm you about something hehe.