Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 105

Thread: Who here is actually Delta?

  1. #1
    Lobo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    TIM
    EII 6w5
    Posts
    2,080
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Who here is actually Delta?

    I leave for a few weeks, come back, people change their types.

  2. #2
    idolatrie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    413
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I'm sorry.
    allez cuisine!

  3. #3
    unefille's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    841
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    *looks ashamed and runs away*
    ()
    3w4-1w2-5w4 sx/sp

  4. #4
    jessica129's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    10,122
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I think I'm one of the very few who hasn't changed their type on a monthly basis.

    I've always stuck with ISTP--still do

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,687
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    For some time now I have considered myself a delta, but never with complete certainty

  6. #6
    Park's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Beyond the blue horizon
    TIM
    SLI
    Posts
    13,088
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jessica129 View Post
    I think I'm one of the very few who hasn't changed their type on a monthly basis.

    I've always stuck with ISTP--still do
    Word.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

    Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

  7. #7
    Lobo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    TIM
    EII 6w5
    Posts
    2,080
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hehe, no need to apologize though. It's just out of curiosity that I ask.

  8. #8
    JuJu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Springfield, Massachusetts, USA
    TIM
    EIE
    Posts
    2,704
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I'm investigating a new type after family/friends read the descriptions (re: me) and gave some surprising answers...

    The Stratiskevishiasefgjhysdgfjuyws ENFp profile is the closest thing I've ever read to my personality, IMO.

  9. #9
    Park's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Beyond the blue horizon
    TIM
    SLI
    Posts
    13,088
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by unefille View Post
    *looks ashamed and runs away*
    Please don't. You're still Delta, despite of type change! Screw the rules! ^_~
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

    Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

  10. #10
    Lobo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    TIM
    EII 6w5
    Posts
    2,080
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Winterpark View Post
    Please don't. You're still Delta, despite of type change! Screw the rules! ^_~
    I find it odd that both unefille and idolatrie jump from Delta to Beta... Is that actually probable, in that they are conflicting quadras?

  11. #11
    Lobo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    TIM
    EII 6w5
    Posts
    2,080
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JuJu View Post
    I'm investigating a new type after family/friends read the descriptions (re: me) and gave some surprising answers...

    The Stratiskevishiasefgjhysdgfjuyws ENFp profile is the closest thing I've ever read to my personality, IMO.
    Hmm, actually Juju I saw a vid you have on youtube (one of the very few with the tag "Socionics") that you did with a friend. You both seemed very Delta.

  12. #12
    idolatrie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    413
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sereno View Post
    I find it odd that both unefille and idolatrie jump from Delta to Beta... Is that actually probable, in that they are conflicting quadras?
    We had some significantly incorrect understandings of the functions and temperaments. I actually think the jump to a conflicting quadra is not as impossible as it sounds - they share all the strong functions, it's rather a matter of functional preferences. And it keeps the clubs the same - like I don't think I could be anything but a rational ST.

    I think, perhaps, too much emphasis is placed upon conflict between the quadras in the context of personal relationships. I can't see why I can't get along very well with other people if they are mature, sensible, friendly and polite. Which are all features I've found in Deltas and people of every quadra.

    The mental leap it took to thinking of myself as LSI as opposed to LSE was not one taken lightly or for shits and giggles. There's a couple of long threads somewhere on the forum pretty much detailing that process if you are particularly interested in observing what that process was like.
    allez cuisine!

  13. #13
    Park's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Beyond the blue horizon
    TIM
    SLI
    Posts
    13,088
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sereno View Post
    I find it odd that both unefille and idolatrie jump from Delta to Beta... Is that actually probable, in that they are conflicting quadras?
    Perhaps, but I am not sure if they are capable of being objective enough to accept it if it was the case.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

    Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

  14. #14
    JuJu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Springfield, Massachusetts, USA
    TIM
    EIE
    Posts
    2,704
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sereno View Post
    Hmm, actually Juju I saw a vid you have on youtube (one of the very few with the tag "Socionics") that you did with a friend. You both seemed very Delta.
    Cool... That otha guy is beta ST though.

  15. #15
    Park's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Beyond the blue horizon
    TIM
    SLI
    Posts
    13,088
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JuJu View Post
    Cool... That otha guy is beta ST though.
    Oh, since when? I thought you were convinced he was ISTp.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

    Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

  16. #16
    JuJu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Springfield, Massachusetts, USA
    TIM
    EIE
    Posts
    2,704
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by idolatrie View Post
    I don't think I could be anything but a rational ST..
    Same for me-- --except irrational NF

    Quote Originally Posted by Winterpark View Post
    Oh, since when? I thought you were convinced he was ISTp.
    On the day I was dropping him off in Queens, I knew.... There was a crazy situation, and the way it was handled--well, it became clear... Not to say I didn't get along with him, b/c I did, or that he's not cool b/c he is.

  17. #17
    Lobo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    TIM
    EII 6w5
    Posts
    2,080
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by idolatrie View Post
    We had some significantly incorrect understandings of the functions and temperaments. I actually think the jump to a conflicting quadra is not as impossible as it sounds - they share all the strong functions, it's rather a matter of functional preferences. And it keeps the clubs the same - like I don't think I could be anything but a rational ST.

    I think, perhaps, too much emphasis is placed upon conflict between the quadras in the context of personal relationships. I can't see why I can't get along very well with other people if they are mature, sensible, friendly and polite. Which are all features I've found in Deltas and people of every quadra.

    The mental leap it took to thinking of myself as LSI as opposed to LSE was not one taken lightly or for shits and giggles. There's a couple of long threads somewhere on the forum pretty much detailing that process if you are particularly interested in observing what that process was like.
    I see. Yes, I would have to look into it. When I said "conflicting" I wasn't visualizing some sort of conflict in the usual sense of the word, but that the two quadras are dissimilar.

  18. #18
    Lobo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    TIM
    EII 6w5
    Posts
    2,080
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JuJu View Post
    Cool... That otha guy is beta ST though.
    Beta??? No way, unless it was acted in some way with some personality descriptions read at some point beforehand, which somehow influenced what was being projected. The only thing that would go against usual ISTp behavior is willfully doing an interview on youtube. The ones I've known are more reserved. Unless this has been already talked about before, what exactly makes the two of you not Delta?

  19. #19
    Lobo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    TIM
    EII 6w5
    Posts
    2,080
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JuJu View Post
    Same for me-- --except irrational NF



    On the day I was dropping him off in Queens, I knew.... There was a crazy situation, and the way it was handled--well, it became clear... Not to say I didn't get along with him, b/c I did, or that he's not cool b/c he is.
    Oh shit, I'm so slow typing I didn't read this. You don't have to answer what I just wrote...

  20. #20
    Éminence grise mikemex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Third Planet
    TIM
    IEE-Ne
    Posts
    1,631
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I've never really doubted seriously that I'm IEE.
    [] | NP | 3[6w5]8 so/sp | Type thread | My typing of forum members | Johari (Strengths) | Nohari (Weaknesses)

    You know what? You're an individual, and that makes people nervous. And it's gonna keep making people nervous for the rest of your life.
    - Ole Golly from Harriet, the spy.

  21. #21
    kensi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Edmonton, Ab, Canada
    Posts
    567
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    i am Delta Major and Alpa minor, and an ENFp in all likelihood due to what i've felt quadra wise...which reminds me...i should change my signature.
    ENTP:wink:ALPHA

  22. #22
    xyz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    7,709
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I'm still ISTp.
    "Those who make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities..."

    - Voltaire

  23. #23
    Haikus Sirena's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    GAH, US
    TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Posts
    2,549
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Moi!!

  24. #24
    Slippery when wet Simon Ssmall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    ✈ ↺
    Posts
    2,231
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Id like to stay here too...can I?

  25. #25
    xyz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    7,709
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sirena View Post
    Moi!!
    Lies!
    "Those who make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities..."

    - Voltaire

  26. #26
    ...been here longer than the fucking monarchy Ezra's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    UK
    TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Posts
    9,169
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    The only confirmed Deltas are:

    - Slacker Mom
    - Minde
    Ideas don't determine who's right. Power determines who's right. And I have the power. So I'm right.

  27. #27
    tereg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    TIM
    EII/INFj
    Posts
    4,684
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    O, hai guise.
    INFj

    9w1 sp/sx

  28. #28
    Creepy-

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ezra View Post
    The only confirmed Deltas are:

    - Slacker Mom
    - Minde
    "Confirmed"?? Is there a type-confirming committee I've been unaware of?

  29. #29
    jessica129's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    10,122
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by songofsappho View Post
    "Confirmed"?? Is there a type-confirming committee I've been unaware of?
    Everything has to go thru Ezra. If Ezra say's you're a certain type, you can't argue because Ezra = God. Even though he changes his type on a daily basis, he knows everything.

    UGH. Get out of delta, Ezra. You're annoying.

  30. #30

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,276
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    If I'm something other than IEE, the fabric of my world would turn itself inside out and I don't know how I'd handle that.
    IEE

  31. #31
    cunnilingus epilepsy inducer
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    1,429
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tiny_dancer View Post
    If I'm something other than IEE, the fabric of my world would turn itself inside out and I don't know how I'd handle that.
    I'm kind of hoping you're not a IEE now.

  32. #32
    Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    2,783
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I don't know if I'm Delta, but I do value Delta values the most.
    The future of Socionics:
    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    Many black Americans are SEE type.

  33. #33
    Haikus Sirena's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    GAH, US
    TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Posts
    2,549
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LokiVanguard View Post
    Lies!
    oh please! I'm the most delta Delta you know!

  34. #34
    escaping anndelise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    WA
    TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Posts
    6,338
    Mentioned
    210 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I don't visit/post much of anything here anymore. But I still sometimes come on the board to see if there's anything interesting going on. (usually when bored though)
    NeFi is still the best description of me that I've ever found, everything that it entails, pros & cons.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

  35. #35
    Hot Message FDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Freiburg im Breisgau
    TIM
    ENTj
    Posts
    15,632
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by anndelise View Post
    I don't visit/post much of anything here anymore. But I still sometimes come on the board to see if there's anything interesting going on. (usually when bored though)
    NeFi is still the best description of me that I've ever found, everything that it entails, pros & cons.
    U GOTTA BE TI CUZ U RITE DIAGRAMS ON PAPER!!
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

  36. #36

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,276
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I'm kind of hoping you're not a IEE now.
    Are you saying you want me to have a mental breakdown? I can't believe you'd wish that on me. That's just mean.
    IEE

  37. #37
    escaping anndelise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    WA
    TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Posts
    6,338
    Mentioned
    210 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    U GOTTA BE TI CUZ U RITE DIAGRAMS ON PAPER!!
    lol
    after an audio conversation he realized I wasn't Ti
    and somewhere I saw that the diagrams were listed under Si...which is what I'd been trying to say all along.
    Though last I saw I was listed as possibly a Delta NF, with maybe FiSe.

    The funny thing is, when I say NeFi describes me, I'm including all the difficulties, insecurities, confidences, etc that "NeFi" implies.
    Also, I've seen recently that some people have moved back into 'it's preferences not ability/inability' when back then they had been into 'it's about ability/inability'.

    yeah, coming back every once in a while to see what's going on is kind of interesting and humorous.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

  38. #38
    cunnilingus epilepsy inducer
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    1,429
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tiny_dancer View Post
    Are you saying you want me to have a mental breakdown? I can't believe you'd wish that on me. That's just mean.
    Yes, yes and yes.

  39. #39
    UDP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    East Coast West Coast Dirty South
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    14,826
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by songofsappho View Post
    "Confirmed"?? Is there a type-confirming committee I've been unaware of?
    Pre-2013 post are written with incomplete understanding.

  40. #40

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,276
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Yes, yes and yes.
    And they say Deltas are all 'peace, love, and happiness.' What a load of crap. I'm moving to alpha. SEIs are way nicer.
    Last edited by tiny_dancer; 09-20-2008 at 04:53 PM. Reason: edited for clarity
    IEE

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •