Thread: Integral Type of the Gypsy Culture (The Stereotypical One)

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Integral Type of the Gypsy Culture (The Stereotypical One)

I think it's fundamentally a Beta culture. The guys live up to be rock hard (yes, I have seen Snatch), and the women are as hard as they are. They're all a bunch of Eights. They take shit from no one. When a landowner says "get off my land", he no longer exists. When another one points a gun at them, they pull out double glocks and shoot the shit out of her.

Don't fuck with gypsies.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess... SLE, because a stereotypical gypsy chick would be IEI

But I disagree with you when you say they're S-D+ like. I guess they're S0D+ like, because they're liars

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by machintruc View Post
    I guess... SLE, because a stereotypical gypsy chick would be IEI
    Haha, exactly.

But I disagree with you when you say they're S-D+ like. I guess they're S0D+ like, because they're liars
    Why are they liars? Did they own your family sometime?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why are they liars? Did they own your family sometime?
    The stereotype I'm familiar with is that you can't trust them - they'll trick you so that they get the better part of the deal ("I've been gypped"="I've been had").
    Quote Originally Posted by Logos
    Holy mud-wrestling bipolar donkeys, Batman!

Retired from posting and drawing Social Security. E-mail or PM to contact.

I pity your souls

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra View Post
    I think it's fundamentally a Beta culture. The guys live up to be rock hard (yes, I have seen Snatch), and the women are as hard as they are. They're all a bunch of Eights. They take shit from no one. When a landowner says "get off my land", he no longer exists. When another one points a gun at them, they pull out double glocks and shoot the shit out of her.

Don't fuck with gypsies.
    are you referring to roma people?
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jrxtes
    I paid one to paint my fence and she stole my wallet. Betas all of em.
    lolololol
    4w3-5w6-8w7

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really dislike gypsy culture - never settling down, always having their whole life in a few ugly colorful bags. They never ever do anything to improve or change their future. They do random cheating and stealing to get by. I would think it's a false stereotype that gypsies are like that, but all that I've heard about gypsies in Estonia (and elsewhere) shows that it's all true. "Gypsy cheats a woman out of $200", "Gypsies persistantly bother tourists into buying low-quality jewellery." etc. I have personally been bothered by gypsies three times. First time I lost $20 to their mumbo-jumbo, next time a gypsy wouldn't leave me alone until she got $3 in her hand, then she spit on it!!!! ewwwwww... I didn't want it back. The third time I did not look in the gypsie's eyes, I just kept walking. This worked well. I recommend this to everyone.

Of course I'm not saying that all gypsies are bad. The ones that STOP acting like gypsies and build a real life are probably very cool people.

And I would have thought they're Si/Ne because they never build a real life for themselves. They just live one day at a time.
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kristiina
    I have personally been bothered by gypsies three times. First time I lost $20 to their mumbo-jumbo, next time a gypsy wouldn't leave me alone until she got $3 in her hand, then she spit on it!!!! ewwwwww... I didn't want it back. The third time I did not look in the gypsie's eyes, I just kept walking. This worked well. I recommend this to everyone.
    lol, I would just stick those goonbags in the face.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kristiina View Post
    I really dislike gypsy culture - never settling down, always having their whole life in a few ugly colorful bags. They never ever do anything to improve or change their future. They do random cheating and stealing to get by. I would think it's a false stereotype that gypsies are like that, but all that I've heard about gypsies in Estonia (and elsewhere) shows that it's all true. "Gypsy cheats a woman out of $200", "Gypsies persistantly bother tourists into buying low-quality jewellery." etc. I have personally been bothered by gypsies three times. First time I lost $20 to their mumbo-jumbo, next time a gypsy wouldn't leave me alone until she got $3 in her hand, then she spit on it!!!! ewwwwww... I didn't want it back. The third time I did not look in the gypsie's eyes, I just kept walking. This worked well. I recommend this to everyone.

Of course I'm not saying that all gypsies are bad. The ones that STOP acting like gypsies and build a real life are probably very cool people.
    That's what has generally happened to me too. I don't know if in England the gypsy culture is organized in a different fashion, but in Italy they're like Kristiina describes.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    That's what has generally happened to me too. I don't know if in England the gypsy culture is organized in a different fashion, but in Italy they're like Kristiina describes.
    Generally they behave the same in the U.K. as in other parts of Europe. Working the door is not fun when they come around. I usually tell them they are not allowed in, then ignore them whilst watching them.

The other instance of meeting gypsies was in Paris. The ESI I was with at the time yelled at this gypsy lady for asking for money. She didn't even finish her sentence before the ESI scared the shit out of her.

I suggest actively avoiding or actively engaging, but not passively speaking or any other activity.
    LII
    that is what i was getting at. if there is an inescapable appropriation that is required in the act of understanding, this brings into question the validity of socionics in describing what is real, and hence stubborn contradictions that continue to plague me.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We don't have anything like that here. The closest would be Irish Travelers. But as far as the Roma people, we have descendants of them here but no one who does anything like that, and I'm not aware of any organized group. That's like out of some old movie or something. But I have a friend who is of Roma descent, and his family had changed their family name to Smith, but when he got older he changed it back to the original Roma name. There must have been some reason they changed their name - maybe people thought they'd behave like that? Of course I had German ancestors who changed their name during WWI due to anti-German sentiment in the US. I suppose a lot of that goes on.

I see Kristiina's point about Si and Ne, and it also seems potentially pretty Fe-heavy, so I'd go for Alpha.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker Mom View Post
    That's like out of some old movie or something.
    Yes, but I can confirm it -- in Rome, at least up to a few years ago (it seems to have changed recently), it was pretty much like what Kristiina described, besides being pickpockets. It's not "gypsy" as "people of Roma descent", but rather as a "lifestyle".
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Snatch was about Irish Travelers, right? And they are sometimes called Gypsies here, or Irish Gypsies. Usually just Irish Travelers though. They aren't just like that. Though I did see some pickpocketing in Las Vegas once. But they seem to be more into driving around trying to get people to pay them to recoat their driveways, and then the next rain it all washes away and you see they just sprayed down a little paint or something.
    -Mark Twain

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So in other words, the gypsies who aren't really gypsies anymore?
    Quote Originally Posted by Logos
    Holy mud-wrestling bipolar donkeys, Batman!

Retired from posting and drawing Social Security. E-mail or PM to contact.

I pity your souls

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Elro View Post
    So in other words, the gypsies who aren't really gypsies anymore?
    You got it! Exactly!
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

“Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by implied View Post
    are you referring to roma people?
    Possibly. Show me a picture and I'll confirm.

Quote Originally Posted by jxrtes View Post
    Just wait till it happens to you kid. God, I even liked that one movie about them with Christina Richie.
    Ricci. Christina Ricci. It is an Italian name, not some half-arsed Yank adulteration of Richard, Richards, Richardson or likewise.

And I would have thought they're Si/Ne because they never build a real life for themselves. They just live one day at a time.
    There is a simple solution to this. Eliminate them all. Wipe them out for the good of society.

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker Mom View Post
    Snatch was about Irish Travelers, right? And they are sometimes called Gypsies here, or Irish Gypsies. Usually just Irish Travelers though. They aren't just like that. Though I did see some pickpocketing in Las Vegas once. But they seem to be more into driving around trying to get people to pay them to recoat their driveways, and then the next rain it all washes away and you see they just sprayed down a little paint or something.
    Irish Travellers, indeed!

AKA gypsies, or derogatively known as "gypos".

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Anybody remember that James Bond film where two gypsy women fight each other? I think it was the one that had Honor Blackman in it, or perhaps it wasn't.

(Sorry to sidetrack there).