TIM
    EII 6w5
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Yagami Light and "L"

These are my impressions of both characters from the anime "Death Note":

I see Ij vs Ip, with "L" being INTp. Light is harder to type... I was thinking more towards IxTj, but I don't disregard the possibility that he could be IxFj somehow, considering that initially his motivation for using the death note was to exterminate the "bad" people of the world. If anyone has seen this anime, what are your thoughts about the two characters?

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Light is LSI.

As for L, I've heard people say LII with confidence, but I personally can't decide between LII and ILI.

TIM
    EII 6w5
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by discojoe View Post
    I think Light is LSI.

As for L, I've heard people say LII with confidence, but I personally can't decide between LII and ILI.
    Yeah, I was thinking Light to be LSI too.

Among the reasons why I would say ILI for "L" is the level of aggresiveness he favors in reaching the solution of what he might be theorizing. Instead of working with just the information he has and coming to a conclusion, which I would think is the LII way of thinking, he wants to "see" if his theories are correct by testing them in a very straightforward way and in the process get more information. If I understand this correctly, the acquiring of more and more information would be attributed to Te rather than Ti. During the anime, not the manga which I haven't read, "L" also shows a clear favoring of harsh tactics to get to the solution quickly. There's also the externally emotionless and almost completely apathetic attitude he carries throughout the series. To me he's an exaggerated INTp.