Thread: Ethical vs Logical Conversation

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Ethical vs. Logical Conversation

As a general rule, have you found that ethical types like to talk more about people and relationships, while logical types like to talk more about inanimate things?

As I said, this would only be a general rule, as you would think that the same rule would apply to sensation/intuition, and yet I don't talk about global trends or patterns, and, in fact, I often talk about people and relationships - even though this isn't my main area of interest. However, I've found this "rule" to be the case for several people, and I'm interested in seeing if my experience holds up.

Jason
    Last edited by jason_m; 09-20-2008 at 08:49 AM.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not sure that I would see it as a general rule... I would think that ethical types would generally display greater confidence in sharing their impressions of people and relationships than logical types might (as in they would be more confident in their interpretations being accurate).

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Be careful not to over-compartmentalize like a lot of intelligent people do. =D

I first try to talk about deeper meanings and shit like that.... but if it's clear the person doesn't want to have anything to do with it, I'll start commenting on my external environment to see if we can have a conversation there. But at this point they already know I prefer to have deep faggy talks about psychological shit rather than talk about sports, cars or guns - - so we're probably already lost.

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jason m
    As a general rule, have you found that ethical types like to talk more about people and relationships, while logical types like to talk more about inanimate things?
    No, not at all.

As I said, this would only be a general rule, as you would think that the same rule would apply to sensation/intuition, and yet I don't talk about global trends or patterns, and, in fact, I often talk about people and relationships - even though this isn't my main area of interest. However, I've found this "rule" to be the case for several people, and I'm interested in seeing if my experience holds up.
    I think any type within a given quadra will utilize his or her functions to discuss a certain topic. The difference is, that person will always look through the lens of their main functions. That however doesn't mean that they are limited to the aspects dictated by that one block; this is a silly notion. I have known many ISTjs who are highly interested in abstract/esoteric topics and ENFjs who are interested in discussing very analytical/technical things. You can't limit it based on the dichotomies.
    4w3-5w6-8w7