Thread: IEIs/INFps do you relate to the following descriptors

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default IEIs/INFps do you relate to the following descriptors

Disclaimer - While I understand the correct way to type is through an understanding of the information elements and the functions, and that type is thus not Directly linked to traits as such, I'm just curious to know what ,if any, the infps you have observerd ( or are) relate to from the following:

1. are typically negligent of their surroundings and have difficulty keeping track of objects or constantly monitoring things and people around them.

2. While at a party, is likely to cling to the individual they are most comfortable being around

3. Sometimes, however, another state when he goes into a deep "corkscrew". This is also one of the usual conditions, which appears from time to time people have this type. In such moments they almost off from the outside world, poorly aware of everything that happens around. (russian)

4. The individual tends to periodically get wound up and uptight and is generally unable to resolve these sensations himself. He needs someone to help him relax and take an internal look at whether he actually needs or enjoys what he is doing, and what might be the source of the tension that has built up. He can tend to extremes in this area, either depriving or indulging the senses to an unhealthy extent.

TIM
    Ni-IEI 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ali View Post
    Disclaimer - While I understand the correct way to type is through an understanding of the information elements and the functions, and that type is thus not Directly linked to traits as such, I'm just curious to know what ,if any, the infps you have observerd ( or are) relate to from the following:

1. are typically negligent of their surroundings and have difficulty keeping track of objects or constantly monitoring things and people around them. Yes - especially if their Si role is downplayed.

2. While at a party, is likely to cling to the individual they are most comfortable being around Not inherent to IEI's IMO.

3. Sometimes, however, another state when he goes into a deep "corkscrew". This is also one of the usual conditions, which appears from time to time people have this type. In such moments they almost off from the outside world, poorly aware of everything that happens around. (russian) Yes, in especially Ni (-->Ti)-focused states.

4. The individual tends to periodically get wound up and uptight and is generally unable to resolve these sensations himself. He needs someone to help him relax and take an internal look at whether he actually needs or enjoys what he is doing, and what might be the source of the tension that has built up. He can tend to extremes in this area, either depriving or indulging the senses to an unhealthy extent. Yes (relates to Si role), and instinct stackings influence this as well.
    fuck
    Last edited by strrrng; 09-18-2008 at 03:35 PM. Reason: bold
    4w3-5w6-8w7

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I relate strongly to the following two items:

2. While at a party, is likely to cling to the individual they are most comfortable being around

4. The individual tends to periodically get wound up and uptight and is generally unable to resolve these sensations himself. He needs someone to help him relax and take an internal look at whether he actually needs or enjoys what he is doing, and what might be the source of the tension that has built up. He can tend to extremes in this area, either depriving or indulging the senses to an unhealthy extent
    socio: INFp - IEI
    ennea: 4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Twain
    Only kings, presidents, editors, and people with tapeworms have the right to use the editorial 'we'.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

4. Extroverted sensing

EIIs are typically negligent of their surroundings and have difficulty keeping track of objects or constantly monitoring things and people around them.

They can be passive and self-absorbed, often preferring to wait for things to happen rather than make them happen. As such, they tend to have quite a number of lost opportunities. To a certain extent, EIIs can be oblivious to hints from someone who is romantically interested in them. Therefore, this gives the other party the wrong impression that they are not interested in them.

Outsiders often think the EII is oblivious to reality because they will often neglect basic needs.
    I can relate to the behaviours bolded

7. Extroverted ethics EII
    While at a party, is likely to cling to the individual they are most comfortable being around
    I relate to this very strongly

NI EII

Sometimes, however, another state when he goes into a deep "corkscrew". This is also one of the usual conditions, which appears from time to time people have this type. In such moments they almost off from the outside world, poorly aware of everything that happens around
    relate to this as well

SI EII
    The individual tends to periodically get wound up and uptight and is generally unable to resolve these sensations himself. He needs someone to help him relax and take an internal look at whether he actually needs or enjoys what he is doing, and what might be the source of the tension that has built up. He can tend to extremes in this area, either depriving or indulging the senses to an unhealthy extent
    and this.

it is inherently difficult it seems to rely on the functional descriptions of the types as related like this. while i understand the need to focus on the elements as such, and not on traits, i believe the descriptions should be more Descriptive to differentiate between themselves more easily, as to the manifestations of the different functions. Although they make sense if read when you already know what the functions are about, without it is rather not very clear in the case for iei and eii, as it can be i think. Even as blocks. What do you think?

TIM
    IEI!
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1. are typically negligent of their surroundings and have difficulty keeping track of objects or constantly monitoring things and people around them.

Yep.

That depends, if I don't know very many people then yeah. But usually the person I am more comfotable being around, we have a riot together so its not really clingy, coz we have so much fun we don't really care to hang with others properly. Id always talk to other people, even if for a little bit. But if I know loads of people then I am off bouncing everyone, I just swap and stay longest with the people who I am having the most fun with/connecting the most to.

3. Sometimes, however, another state when he goes into a deep "corkscrew". This is also one of the usual conditions, which appears from time to time people have this type. In such moments they almost off from the outside world, poorly aware of everything that happens around. (russian)

Yeah, I delve into myself uf I feel there is something that needs sorting, the world can wait, I will come back to it when I have the energy.

4. The individual tends to periodically get wound up and uptight and is generally unable to resolve these sensations himself. He needs someone to help him relax and take an internal look at whether he actually needs or enjoys what he is doing, and what might be the source of the tension that has built up. He can tend to extremes in this area, either depriving or indulging the senses to an unhealthy extent.
    Lol mostly very true, I do get very wound but people losen me up or if I work on my mood and overall health.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kioshi View Post
    Typical needs at parties:

*I have difficulty communicating at a practical or social level. I tend to be very quiet and observant around unfamiliar people. Those who are not familiar with me might feel uncomfortable around me. This puts pressure on me which makes me uncomfortable.

*The fewer people I have to interact with, the less likely I am to feel overwhelmed and withdraw.
    Kioshi, do you find you're a bit socially phobic? I really relate to being uncomfortable with unfamiliar people and situations. Was at a party a few weeks back and had that anxiety sneak up on me. That "circle of discomfort" especially... I was uncomfortable with them, they picked it up and reacted subconsciously with uncomfortable signals, I become more uncomfortable.

It just escalated until I really had to bolt.
    socio: INFp - IEI
    ennea: 4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Twain
    Only kings, presidents, editors, and people with tapeworms have the right to use the editorial 'we'.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kioshi View Post
    It's like a no-win situation. It seems people are not going to be content unless I do what they expect. And in the case of people who are expecting a negative evaluation, it seems they are not going to be content regardless of what I do. More than anything I experience this feeling of being trapped by unrealistic expectations and a desire to escape (existential anxiety).
    existential anxiety sounds like not coming to acceptance with Ni about life in general. Your quotes seem more like..not in acceptance with your own evaluation/selfimage/thereby-self-expectation, thereby either projecting it on others or then relying on the others perception of yourself to evaluate yourself. Thereby not being in control feeling trapped - while being faced with subsequent JUDGEMENTS (as oppossed to judgements, by their weight) and thus having a desire to escape from it. Like a ennegram type four kind of way. Do you think that describes it? Even if it's not, it may well be a description of an unhealthy Nife ego..so we can see why they come off as 4w5's..

TIM
    IEI!
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aka-kitsune View Post
    Kioshi, do you find you're a bit socially phobic? I really relate to being uncomfortable with unfamiliar people and situations. Was at a party a few weeks back and had that anxiety sneak up on me. That "circle of discomfort" especially... I was uncomfortable with them, they picked it up and reacted subconsciously with uncomfortable signals, I become more uncomfortable.

It just escalated until I really had to bolt.
    I so relate. I just don't talk, I just feel so out on it, like I don't know what to contribute, my fear that what I have to say is dumb or will cause them to dislike me paralyzes me so I never speak, I just want to run away. Then I get so much shit for not speaking. Ughh.

I know that not everyone can like me, obviously Socionics shows me that, but I am so afraid of being hated or ripped apart by others, I just want to be accepted, it's like I only feel as good as other people do about me.

Haikus
    TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

That was good Kioshi.