Thread: Character growth and recommendations for SLIs-ISTps (Gulenko)

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Character growth and recommendations for SLIs-ISTps (Gulenko)

Here is another of my translations for my duals. Business as usual, point out mistakes, parts where you did not understand. One sentence was written as if some word is missing so I just guessed, please comment if what i wrote sounds correct.

Artisan (Gaben, ISTP)

Your strong side is your inexhaustible curiosity towards happenings of the world around you. You strive for various knowledge, eagerly travel, at the same time combining living conditions, nature, architecture. You have a well developed aesthetic taste.

A fundamental need for you is comfort, both in the physical sense of this word and in the relationships with people. Bad manners, tactlessness, the absence of warm-heartedness from those that surround you, deeply hurt you. You strive for harmony, peace, healthy way of life.

Another of your strong sides is business logic due to which you can rationally deal with matters. Your actions are guided by exceptional common sense and sense of real value.

You prefer not to undertake useless matters. But if the matter is interesting for you, you can develop great working capacity, acting clearly, organized and steady. In those cases you review all the details, prepare everything that is needed, at the same time showing ingeniousness, enviable practicalness and quickness.

Your weak trait - inability to show your feelings towards people, due to that for those around you you may appear cold and indifferent person. Inherent to you inner tension sometimes provokes flashes of anger when you are unable to control your emotions, although you regret it afterwards.

Since nuances of displaying feelings and emotions is difficult to you, you prefer to show sentimentality in joking manner of conversation (the original sentence i could not understand fully so this part is partly my guess on what was meant, please comment if you act like that) due to that you might be misunderstood. You prefer to endure your failures silently in solitude. In order to avoid situations of misunderstanding try to trust your partner and talk with him in a serious tone.

Another of your problems is you possess a great deal of scepticism: this also manifests itself in your pessimistic view towards the future. You often give in to melancholy and sadness, you might give up and loose will to act. Your apathy in many cases prevents you from making a leap and reaching in life more than your personal experience prompts you to. It is recommended for you to travel more often, change at least little details in your usual way of life. New experiences sparks your interest in study of history.

Try to find a close to heart activity which would fill your life with sense, strive you towards the future. Enjoyable job - best medicine for scepticism and apathy. Don't allow your melancholy to control you. In those moments go to your friends, for a walk, to the movies, theater. Spend more time with merry people who energize you with positive emotions
    Last edited by Simon Ssmall; 09-18-2008 at 01:47 PM.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After reading on ISTp problems I can see how ENFp could help you out with them.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for making sense of these translations. I always wanted to understand those descriptions but got halfway thru and wanted to hurt someone--too frustrating.

And I honestly don't know if there is a better description out there. That describes me perfectly....it's almost scary.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you prefer to show sentimentality in joking manner of conversation
    Well, I don't know about all SLIs, but I have noticed this trait with the three I know fairly well. Especially between my ex and his family.
    IEE

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I most identify with:

Bad manners, tactlessness, the absence of warm-heartedness from others are bothersome at least, and can be quite hurtful

May occasionally give in to melancholy and sadness; might give up and loose will to act.
    This one being the source of 99% of my problems.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ssmall View Post
    Another of your problems is you possess a great deal of scepticism: this also manifests itself in your pessimistic view towards the future. You often give in to melancholy and sadness, you might give up and loose will to act. Your apathy in many cases prevents you from making a leap and reaching in life more than your personal experience prompts you to.
    So true.

And everything else is pretty much spot on.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Winterpark View Post
    So true.

And everything else is pretty much spot on.
    Get yourself a dual, it will surely solve most of those problems mentioned, from where I stand .

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ssmall View Post
    Get yourself a dual, it will surely solve most of those problems mentioned, from where I stand .
    Can I order one on the phone? Are they for sale on ebay?
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They might be, didn't check lately.

TIM
    IEE-Ne
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The auction begins, gentlemen. A genuine IEE for sale. Start bidding.
    [] | NP | 3[6w5]8 so/sp | Type thread | My typing of forum members | Johari (Strengths) | Nohari (Weaknesses)

You know what? You're an individual, and that makes people nervous. And it's gonna keep making people nervous for the rest of your life.
    - Ole Golly from Harriet, the spy.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mikemex View Post
    The auction begins, gentlemen. A genuine IEE for sale. Start bidding.
    Uhmmm..... they're gonna need a picture.

Topaz
    The artifact which is the source of my power will not be kept on the Mountain of Despair beyond the River of Fire guarded by the Dragons of Eternity. It will be in my safe-deposit box. The same applies to the object which is my one weakness.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm. Interesting that it recommends to travel a lot and try new things. I've been doing this my entire adult life under the cloud of accusations from "normal" people who want me to settle down.
    When I get discouraged, I love to take a trip or go in a new direction in my life. Various folks through the years have told me I want to escape my problems instead of solve them, but I feel like I just need a change of scene to reclaim my energy. I've always tasked myself with considering whether I'm just avoiding issues, but I usually conclude that I'm not trying to run away - I'm trying to discover (self-serving tho' this sounds). I've moved 23 times in 14 years and worked more jobs than I could count (most as a temp), but I've always tried to stay on good terms with the people who remained.
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Bukowski
    We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.
    SLI