Thread: Is It Possible?

TIM
    IEI!
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Is It Possible?

Sometimes I really dislike people (I don't know any of their types, because we aren't close), but then sometimes I will read about people and study physc, then I come back and interact with them, using what I have learnt, and the relationship is amazing...

So what I wonder is, is it possible to have great relations with everyone?

I wonder if a person really developed their people skills - would it be possible to form and maintain stable and good relations with other types who the person is not very compatible with?

What do you think?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dinki View Post
    What do you think?
    Outside the realm of Socionics, sure. I think the person attempting to do this, however, would first have to be very in tune with their own conflict triggers, and secondly be very adaptable and confident in their interactions with others.

I certainly don't think it's unrealistic. Most of us are able to achieve this relatively well with a bit of effort.
    SLI/ISTp -- Te subtype

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Relationships are not necessarily dependent on type. It is certainly possible to have a healthy, productive relationship with your conflictor, as long as you are both tolerant and healthy people.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sometimes I really dislike people (I don't know any of their types, because we aren't close), but then sometimes I will read about people and study physc, then I come back and interact with them, using what I have learnt, and the relationship is amazing...

I wonder if a person really developed their people skills - would it be possible to form and maintain stable and good relations with other types who the person is not very compatible with?

What do you think?
    Not everyone, no. Some people will discriminate against you on basis of your ideals.

TIM
    IEI!
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Allie View Post
    If you were able to come back later and form amazing relationships, then it must have been your problem in the first place. Not theirs. So my answer is no. Simply because I can learn all I want and it may still be someone else's problem.
    True.

If you gave somebody what they craved, why would they have a problem?

If you did what a Dual does, which is pretty much make a person feel important (which is the core drive & craving of every person) then would they not melt?

TIM
    IEI!
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why do people discriminate?

To feel a sense of importance, so if someone gave the person who was discriminating another way of feeling important, would they still discriminate?

TIM
    IEI!
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Allie View Post
    A successful relationship is when both partners are happy. Acting like someone completely different from who you are and doing things you wouldn't naturally do is kind of unhealthy in the long-term. Why would you want that? Sure, it wouldn't benefit the other person, but that's not what relationships should be about.
    Yeah, I agree, you shouldn't supress yourself for the sake of another person. But I mean just make the person feel important, in a way which is honest and doesn't mean you have to change how you behave to fit in with them.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What do you think?
    No, it is not possible.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    Relationships are not necessarily dependent on type.
    Wrong. Were you born yesterday?

It is certainly possible to have a healthy, productive relationship with your conflictor, as long as you are both tolerant and healthy people.
    No, it is not possible to have a healthy and productive relationship with your conflictor, but it is possible to have a tolerable relationship with your conflictor.