Thread: Physical NTs?

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Physical NTs?

I put this here because I'm asking the question in order to attempt to type an old friend of mine. I once figured he was NT (INTp, to be exact), and some thins about it seem to fit, like his sarcasm and his low-level emotionality. Also, he took a lot from me physically (at that time, I tended to hit and/or kick when irritated, or I'd just hit him upside the head for the fun of it); in the end, many months later, he just asked me to stop. Said something about getting soft in his old age. And that was the end of it. Anyway, he apparently got in some fights when he was younger (he has a scar from a knife), and he once took a bat to someone's car. he also was willing to (in my words) rough up a guy who had obviously gotten under my skin, though at the time, he didn't know what the guy had done (by this time, he and I had survived our first big argument, and the fact that someone else had gotten to me like he did was enough to make him offer). Despite his ability to be physical, however, I will note that he never struck me; he was an honor-bound, (IMO) chivalrous type. And he didn't seem like a Caregiver to me - more like a Victim. I did think of him as attractively protective, not smothering or overbearing.

All that to say...can NTs be the physical sort?
    Johari/Nohari

"Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1.why are you asking ?
    2.what do you mean by being physical?
    I will not aim for the head.

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Darkstar View Post
    1.why are you asking ?
    2.what do you mean by being physical?
    1. I want to know my friend's type.

2. The type to fight, bascially. I never saw him be physically aggressive, per se. Apparently he took his anger out on a wall once, though. ;p
    Johari/Nohari

"Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What would you do if the answer to your question is
    1 Yes
    2 No
    ?

do you simply want to find traits in NT and how it differs from the other, like NF, ST, SF ?
    I will not aim for the head.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ryene Astraelis View Post
    2. The type to fight, bascially.
    ISTj
    "Those who make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities..."

- Voltaire

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LokiVanguard View Post
    ISTj
    That's the other type I've considered for him. But after spending nine months (a school year) around him, I wouldn't have thought of him as an Aggressor. If he was, then why was I the dominant one in our friendship?
    Johari/Nohari

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ILI's may be physical, especially when -+-

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's the other type I've considered for him. But after spending nine months (a school year) around him, I wouldn't have thought of him as an Aggressor. If he was, then why was I the dominant one in our friendship?
    First, to anwer your question: NTs can be physical, and so can NFs.

In the absence of any other information, though, an NT type would not be my first idea about a guy who is consistently, spontaneously, inclined to go for physical aggression like you described. The most obvious idea would be a Se ego.

I agree that ISTj seems like an obvious guess; as for your being the "dominant", perhaps you might explain what you mean by that.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Expat View Post
    The most obvious idea would be a Se ego.
    No. It's S- related, and has nothing to do with . -+0 EII's may also engage a lot to physical fights.

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Expat View Post
    First, to anwer your question: NTs can be physical, and so can NFs.

In the absence of any other information, though, an NT type would not be my first idea about a guy who is consistently, spontaneously, inclined to go for physical aggression like you described. The most obvious idea would be a Se ego.

I agree that ISTj seems like an obvious guess; as for your being the "dominant", perhaps you might explain what you mean by that.
    I'll try to. In a word, he was "whipped"; I knew it, his friends knew it, and he knew it. He once told me that he had been pretty much the whipping boy of everyone back then (this conversation was later), but not so much anymore. So maybe that would've changed. Despite claims that we acted like a married couple (playful bickering and stuff), we were never actually romantically or physically involved, so I can't tell you what he'd be like in that sort of case.
    Johari/Nohari

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ephemeros View Post
    ST and NF like to fight. i'm thinking about ST because you said he's not emotional.
    *nods* He wasn't stone-faced or anything, but he wasn't the happy, jumping-up-and-down hyper type, either. I think he was less expressive than I was, which isn't saying much IMO.
    Johari/Nohari

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think this guy's clearly not an ILI. He's probably Se ego.

Quote Originally Posted by ifmd95 View Post
    a constant, conscious tendency towards aggression manifested physically probably isn't NT (or SF -- similar values.) INFj is another type seldom aggressive physically, because the POLR function is precisely an intolerance for such pressure. (though that's not to say ESTp are necessarily the most physically aggressive. -Se pressure will be acceptable but also measured, so as to be used realistically.) ime the most physically aggressive types are either overdone creative -Se (ISTj) or overdone -Se super-id. although by aggressive i mean in relation to other persons. i don't know if this would be as type-related:
    I tend to think that SEEs are the most physically aggressive type. They combine irrational thinking (Ti PoLR) with Se force. They're more likely to get themselves into fights, and are often quite content with bullying people into doing what they want to do; they refuse to abide by "the rules"; they're complete mavericks.

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra View Post
    I think this guy's clearly not an ILI. He's probably Se ego.

I tend to think that SEEs are the most physically aggressive type. They combine irrational thinking (Ti PoLR) with Se force. They're more likely to get themselves into fights, and are often quite content with bullying people into doing what they want to do; they refuse to abide by "the rules"; they're complete mavericks.
    Hm. K. Do you think there's any possibility that we are Mirrors?
    Johari/Nohari

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hm. K. Do you think there's any possibility that we are Mirrors?
    What, you and this guy? Not enough information.

Quote Originally Posted by ifmd95 View Post
    But sometimes the rules incline one to fight -- say a personal code not to turn down fights and stand up for oneself. SFs may be skilled at defusing an aggressive situation while "saving face" -- not that they'll neccessarily care about the later for its own sake (as an NF may), but to keep on top of the situation. Although ESFp may challenge their own sensing function for its own sake, I would venture to guess they'd prefer to do it somewhere else like competition where their social network is less jeopardized and there may be clear practical rewards.
    Maybe. But I certainly don't have a code that means I fight. People who do are idiots. It's not about standing up for yourself; all that is is pure pride; foolish pride. In this world, we don't want to get hurt, so why risk getting beaten the shit out of just to say "I followed some shitty code". It's bullshit.