Thread: ISTp in Love - translation from socionics.org

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default ISTp in Love - translation from socionics.org

Hello good people. The last one for the Delta, "ISTP in love" translation. As usual please point out any mistakes, incorrect sentence structure or parts where you did not understand what is written. Enjoy! Also please make suggestions on what you would like to get translations on. I'm not sure if or when or what I will translate but there is a way bigger chance for it to come true if you suggest something.

++added: see also Duality observations

ISTP in LOVE: "Actions speak more than words"

GENERAL CHARACTERISTICS: They are really masters at fixing things. Almost for sure they have tried everything hands-on in their life once, they take the same approach when speaking about serious relationships. When relationship work ISTP will support it with action, when it doesn't work he either tries to "fix" it or "throws away". He can be so carried away with "fixing" things or talking things over that he will ultimately tangle everything so that it will be needing a "fix" again.

FIRST IMPRESSION: Cold but very active. Thorough and interested in several things simultaneously. They ask good questions and take life as a practical experiment. Their self-confidence and wide range of skills helps them in majority of first meetings.

DIALOGUE: They speak little and quickly get bored from long announcements or difficult answers to simple questions. If "Excuse me" is enough then "Please excuse me" is loquacity. They are unwilling to share their views prefering to ask questions in order to include others in the conversations.

SEX and CLOSENESS: Since ISTP live in the present, closeness is important and brings satisfaction while it lasts. Obtaining sensations with the aid of all five senses is the essence of closeness. Here conversations can't improve anything and if someone says something for which one will be sorry later on it can ruin everything altogether.

FINANCE: Inclined to moderate risk taking, in money they see a challenge, one more field where things can be "fixed". In money matters ISTP are accurate and practical although do not tie themselves with rules and procedures. Their moto: If you have money, spend them or invest them, if not then earn them.

CONFLICTS: They are not of those who start conflicts but also not of those who deviates from them. Since actions speak more than words they prefer not to spend energy on conversations. ISTP are reluctant to start anything, especially conflicts, if it can't be solved. Negotiations, decisions and the whole process of transforming difficult situations into something constructive excite them.

OBLIGATIONS: This, like the rest, is a thing of the moment. They can put lots of energy into it but most likely will keep in mind that everything changes. Every new day brings a renewal of agreement which works while both sides agree with it.

PARENTING: Like other Introvert-Receivers (Sensors??), ISTP do not feel the need to influence their kids, not even speaking about complete controll. In terms of parenting they do everything they can with means they have in hope that all of it will work.

CONTRACT (MARRIAGE??): For ISTP the word itself already is of psychological nature so seems as doubtful. If they carry out their obligations then there is no need for any contracts. If relationships face problems then ISTp says: "go fix everything or forget about it". Here you need common sense and not a psychologist.

RELATIONSHIP ENDING: When relationships ended then everything indeed has ended. Nothing can bring back the relationship, it needs to be reconciled. "So, life goes on" says ISTP, day by day. Yesterday has passed and with it the relationship is gone. That's why they try to get the most of any new day.
    Last edited by silke; 03-22-2016 at 10:14 PM.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you Ssmall!!!! This is awesome!! I did some minor edits to make it flow more smoothly, and in bring out the meanings a bit more--I imagine that you, or someone else can improve on mine though, so by all means (There is one phrase in "Parenting" I've put in parentheses b/c I do not understand its meaning--perhaps you could explain it..?)

This makes me realize is I need an ISTp... badly.

And that Ssmall is excellent!! Maybe we should link to Ssmall's "Deltas in Love" translations on WikiSocion? What does everyone think?

Thanks again man.

ISTP in LOVE: "Actions speak louder than words"

GENERAL CHARACTERISTICS: They are truly masters at fixing things. Almost surely they have tried everything hands-on once in their lives, and they take the same approach when speaking about serious relationships. When a relationship works, an ISTP will support it with action; when it doesn't work he either tries to "fix" it or "throws it away". He can be so carried away with "fixing" things or talking things over that he will ultimately tangle everything so that it will need to be "fixed" again.

FIRST IMPRESSION: Cold but very active. Thorough and interested in several things simultaneously. They ask good questions and take life as a practical experiment. Their self-confidence and wide range of skills help them in a majority of first meetings.

DIALOGUE: They speak little and quickly get bored from long announcements or difficult answers to simple questions. If "excuse me" is enough then "please excuse me" is loquacity. They are unwilling to share their views, preferring to ask questions in order to include others in the conversation.

SEX and INTIMACY: Since ISTP live in the present, closeness is important and brings satisfaction while it lasts. Obtaining sensations with the aid of all five senses is the essence of closeness. Here conversations can't improve anything and if someone says something about which they'll be sorry later, it can ruin everything altogether.

FINANCE: Inclined to moderate risk taking in money--they see it as a challenge, one more field where things can be "fixed". In money matters ISTP are accurate and practical although they do not tie themselves down with rules and procedures. Their motto: If you have money, spend it or invest it; if not, then earn it.

CONFLICTS: They are not ones to start conflicts but also not ones to back away from them. Since actions speak louder than words they prefer not to expend energy on conversations. ISTPs are reluctant to start anything, especially conflicts--if they can't be solved. Negotiations, decisions, and the whole process of transforming difficult situations into something constructive excites them.

OBLIGATIONS: These, like the rest, are things of the moment. They can put lots of energy into them but most likely will keep in mind that everything changes. Every new day brings a renewal of agreements, which work as long as both sides agree to them.

PARENTING: Like other Introvert-Sensors ISTPs do not feel the need to influence their kids, (not even speaking about complete control--I don't understand the meaning of what comes before the dashes.) In terms of parenting, they do everything they can with the means they have in hopes that it will all work out.

MARRIAGE: For ISTPs the word itself is of a psychological nature so it seems dubious. If they carry out their obligations then there is no need for any marraige contracts. If relationships faces problems then ISTp says: "go fix everything or forget about it". Here you need common sense and not a psychologist.

RELATIONSHIP ENDING: When relationships have ended then everything indeed has ended. Nothing can bring back the relationship, it understands. "So, life goes on" says an ISTP, day by day. Yesterday has passed and with it the relationship is gone. That's why they try to get the most of each new day.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I tried changing the sentence in the parenting section, maybe it will make more sense now. The meaning of the sentence that ISTP don't try to influence their kids and that trying to have complete control of their kids would be even more improbable.

ISTP in LOVE: "Actions speak louder than words"

GENERAL CHARACTERISTICS: They are truly masters at fixing things. Almost surely they have tried everything hands-on once in their lives, and they take the same approach when speaking about serious relationships. When a relationship works, an ISTP will support it with action; when it doesn't work he either tries to "fix" it or "throws it away". He can be so carried away with "fixing" things or talking things over that he will ultimately tangle everything so that it will need to be "fixed" again.

FIRST IMPRESSION: Cold but very active. Thorough and interested in several things simultaneously. They ask good questions and take life as a practical experiment. Their self-confidence and wide range of skills help them in a majority of first meetings.

DIALOGUE: They speak little and quickly get bored from long announcements or difficult answers to simple questions. If "excuse me" is enough then "please excuse me" is loquacity. They are unwilling to share their views, preferring to ask questions in order to include others in the conversation.

SEX and INTIMACY: Since ISTP live in the present, closeness is important and brings satisfaction while it lasts. Obtaining sensations with the aid of all five senses is the essence of closeness. Here conversations can't improve anything and if someone says something about which they'll be sorry later, it can ruin everything altogether.

FINANCE: Inclined to moderate risk taking in money--they see it as a challenge, one more field where things can be "fixed". In money matters ISTP are accurate and practical although they do not tie themselves down with rules and procedures. Their motto: If you have money, spend it or invest it; if not, then earn it.

CONFLICTS: They are not ones to start conflicts but also not ones to back away from them. Since actions speak louder than words they prefer not to expend energy on conversations. ISTPs are reluctant to start anything, especially conflicts--if they can't be solved. Negotiations, decisions, and the whole process of transforming difficult situations into something constructive excites them.

OBLIGATIONS: These, like the rest, are things of the moment. They can put lots of energy into them but most likely will keep in mind that everything changes. Every new day brings a renewal of agreements, which work as long as both sides agree to them.

PARENTING: Like other Introvert-Sensors ISTPs do not feel the need to influence their kids, all the more so they feel no need to have complete control. In terms of parenting, they do everything they can with the means they have in hopes that it will all work out.

MARRIAGE: For ISTPs the word itself is of a psychological nature so it seems dubious. If they carry out their obligations then there is no need for any marriage contracts. If relationships faces problems then ISTp says: "go fix everything or forget about it". Here you need common sense and not a psychologist.

RELATIONSHIP ENDING: When relationships have ended then everything indeed has ended. Nothing can bring back the relationship, it understands. "So, life goes on" says an ISTP, day by day. Yesterday has passed and with it the relationship is gone. That's why they try to get the most of each new day.

Creepy-Cyclops

Good work Simon

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seems very accurate to me.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My pleasure you duals you . One way or another I'd like to see how a female ISTp is in a relationship with a male ENFp, I mean how would it look like in everyday life.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hrm, I wonder how much of this my friends/past relationships would agree with this.
    "Those who make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities..."

- Voltaire

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow. Doesn't sound 100% like me, but probably over 90%. Especially Finances, Conflicts, Obligations, Marriage and Relationship Ending.
    Also: "Almost surely they have tried everything hands-on once in their lives, and they take the same approach when speaking about serious relationships."
    And: "If "excuse me" is enough then "please excuse me" is loquacity."

But I like to think I'm a little more forgiving than this: "if someone says something about which they'll be sorry later, it can ruin everything altogether."

And as for "They are unwilling to share their views, preferring to ask questions in order to include others in the conversation," I find it easier to respond to other's questions than come up with my own, at least at first. I don't initiate conversations unless there is information I need - and when it comes to relationships, the other party pretty much has to convince me I want, much less need, the relationship. That may sound cold, but it isn't that I automatically dislike people - just that I prefer to be self-sufficient.

And please add my "thanks" to the list, Ssmalls. It's great to have some more Russian translations around, to balance out the hyperabstract theorizers 'round these parts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Bukowski
    We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.
    SLI

TIM
    EII 6w5
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by iAnnAu View Post
    But I like to think I'm a little more forgiving than this: "if someone says something about which they'll be sorry later, it can ruin everything altogether."
    Well, I know one who does this in his relationships. Once the gf says that she wants to break up, regardless if it was due to being emotional, he does not take her back. This also applies to friendships as I've discovered first hand. You can be best-friends and all, but it can all go to "hell" rather quickly. This just applies to one ISTp I know, not to the others.