Thread: Observing/ignoring Introverted Sensing Si in SLEs/ESTps

Creepy-

Default Observing/ignoring Introverted Sensing Si in SLEs/ESTps

*drumroll*.....

A question for teh wonderful ESTp, whom we (teh NiFes) love and adore (hows that for hidden agenda baiting?), how does your 7th/personal knowledge function ( ) manifest itself?

(I <8 Herzy)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

, I never knew you had such a trashy mouth till recently!!
    Entp
    ILE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the people on the IRC channel made my mouth dirty!! // INFps get really offended if someone comments badly on their looks.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I always thought the Si relates to past experiences, i.e., someone deciding their future based on how they have done things in the past. Could be wrong.

Creepy-

Quote Originally Posted by Functianalyst
    I always thought the Si relates to past experiences, i.e., someone deciding their future based on how they have done things in the past. Could be wrong.
    Are you thinking of Ni?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ishysquishy
    Quote Originally Posted by Functianalyst
    Are you thinking of Ni?
    No, Ni usually entails looking to the future, at least under MBTI. This is a definition of Si, under MBTI.
    Introverted Sensing - Recalling past experiences, remembering detailed data and what it is linked to. Introverted Sensing often involves storing data and information, then comparing and contrasting the current stimulation with similar ones. The immediate experience or words are instantly linked with the prior experiences and one registers that there is a similarity or a difference - for example, noticing that some food doesn't taste the same and is saltier than it usually is. Introverted Sensing is also operating when you see someone who reminds you of someone else. Sometimes the feeling-tone associated with the recalled image comes into your awareness along with the information itself. Then the image can be so strong, your body responds as if reliving the experience. This could be seen as a source of feelings of nostalgia or longing for the way things were. In one instance, a young couple living in Europe spent their weekends trying out restaurants looking for food that tasted like American food.

Creepy-

Ni isn't really about what you would traditionally define as the future. It's more about working forwards from a point in time (the point in time doesn't necessarily need to be the immediate present, you'll often find dominants whose minds inhabit a different time to what their bodies do).

Clearance level: 10 (9 is maximum) Fermi's Avatar
    TIM
    entp
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can wait really gong before having to go to the toilet if I need to take a piss even if I really need to.. that could be what you are looking for?
    is like a wet kiss on the cheek and a warm hug by a cute smiling girl.
    is the confetti shots on your birthday party with all your friends.
    is a way to completely rip apart the face of god and stare directly at the naked universe.
    is like over here and then over there and they are all connected and I am on amphetamine.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kraus
    Also, I like to pick at others' dress sense. Like I have this one really weird Norwegian ESTp guyfriend, and he can't match an outfit for beans. (I have pics of his shitty outfits if you want to see them later ). Even if I'm not matching myself, I still like to make fun of others' outfits and hygiene. If I don't openly make fun of it, I am thinking about it in my head.
    Yes, that's something I noticed myself. The type most likely to hit my PoLR, so far, has been ESTp (beneficiary), rather than ISFp (conflictor) or ISTp (supervisor).
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Creepy-

Quote Originally Posted by Expat
    Also, I like to pick at others' dress sense. Like I have this one really weird Norwegian ESTp guyfriend, and he can't match an outfit for beans. (I have pics of his shitty outfits if you want to see them later ). Even if I'm not matching myself, I still like to make fun of others' outfits and hygiene. If I don't openly make fun of it, I am thinking about it in my head.
    Yes, that's something I noticed myself. The type most likely to hit my PoLR, so far, has been ESTp (beneficiary), rather than ISFp (conflictor) or ISTp (supervisor).
    On the other side, I find LSE and LIE are more likely to hit my estimative function than my PoLR (and that hurts more; maybe my is overly buff? ).

Hidden agenda wacking = flight
    PoLR wacking = fight

Creepy-

If that applied to more than just me... could it explain why activity partners are so attractive?

You wack each others PoLRs with your 7th functions but due to the lovely creative/suggestive interplay, instead of saying "fuck off!" it's more like "fuck me!"

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

We're very good at ignoring pain and such. Like for example, if I ate too much (that rarely happens), and I get this really shitty stomach ache, I can just kind of ignore that it's there, and it disapears. Same goes for other types of pain or discomfort.
    Yeah that is very true actually because once my ESTp friend went off a ramp with his rollerblades and he fell on his elbow pretty hard. When he got up, he acted all normal like there was nothing wrong with him and he said he was fine. We later found out that he broke his arm. He made fun of me when I twisted my ankle and I started moaning and limping.
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5