Results 1 to 29 of 29

Thread: ESTp trying to understand INFps (IEI-SLE)

  1. #1
    ...been here longer than the fucking monarchy Ezra's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    UK
    TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Posts
    9,167
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default ESTp trying to understand INFps (IEI-SLE)

    If an SLE was basically not making an attempt to understand you, would you like that more than if they were trying to connect in a meaningful way? If they came with more direct, "let's fuck" approach, would you approve of that more than if they attempted to get deep and personal with you psychologically? Or do you like this once in a while? You know what I mean, the guy that stands out because he attempts to understand you rather than just make passes at you. Or does this scenario simply bore you?

  2. #2
    Park's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Beyond the blue horizon
    TIM
    SLI
    Posts
    13,088
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

    Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

  3. #3
    diljs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    348
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Not an IEI, but no, I don't think they would unless they were really unhealthy to begin with.
    ILE - Ti.

  4. #4
    redbaron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    9,321
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I think if the relationship were already established then the direct approach is great (with preferably as few words as possible). But if things aren't quite there yet, I'm not sure. There are plenty of ways to show you understand someone without verbalizing it. I can't explain it really. what I'm saying is, there has to be a bond there but it can be non-verbal. I dislike a lot of talking. (yes, I know I married an ESE and the too much talking is occasionally a problem although I do love him!)
    IEI-Fe 4w3

  5. #5
    strrrng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    TIM
    Ni-IEI 4w3 sx/so
    Posts
    8,781
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    this is lol

    I think you need a break from the forum, Ezra.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

  6. #6
    ...been here longer than the fucking monarchy Ezra's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    UK
    TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Posts
    9,167
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Winterpark View Post
    Fuck off, Delta boy.

    Quote Originally Posted by strrrng View Post
    this is lol

    I think you need a break from the forum, Ezra.
    ...

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2005
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Posts
    11,586
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ezra View Post
    If an SLE was basically not making an attempt to understand you, would you like that more than if they were trying to connect in a meaningful way? If they came with more direct, "let's fuck" approach, would you approve of that more than if they attempted to get deep and personal with you psychologically? Or do you like this once in a while? You know what I mean, the guy that stands out because he attempts to understand you rather than just make passes at you. Or does this scenario simply bore you?
    INFps are attracted to people who like to argue (Se, duh). I've had two INFp girls ask me out after getting turned on by my arguing with coworkers about why God is fake and why killing babies is murder.

    From my experience, they are the ones who try to initiate the "deep connection". All you need to do is flex that Se bon@r.

    EDIT: This is a joke post, just to be clear. While the anecdote is technically accurate, I don't actually share the "attitude" toward it that I appear to express here.
    Last edited by discojoe; 09-12-2008 at 01:02 AM.

  8. #8
    implied's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    7,750
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by discojoe View Post
    INFps are attracted to people who like to argue (Se, duh). I've had two INFp girls ask me out after getting turned on by my arguing with coworkers about why God is fake and why killing babies is murder.

    From my experience, they are the ones who try to initiate the "deep connection". All you need to do is flex that Se bon@r.
    you work?
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2005
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Posts
    11,586
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by implied View Post
    you work?
    No. The story was made up.

  10. #10
    aka-kitsune's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    966
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by discojoe View Post
    INFps are attracted to people who like to argue (Se, duh).
    This is a gross oversimplification. I don't "like to argue"; arguments are emotionally draining. However, I certainly appreciate when someone will stand their ground without resorting to being accusatory, offensive, defensive or constantly telling me I'm wrong, illogical, too intense, what-have-you.

    What's really attractive is a person who won't run away at the first sign of difficult issues and emotional tumult. Willingness to understand and work through things because they VALUE me and not because everything's always gotta be hunky-dory pleasant (and of course, fake).

    Quote Originally Posted by discojoe View Post
    I've had two INFp girls ask me out after getting turned on by my arguing with coworkers about why God is fake and why killing babies is murder.
    *snort*
    socio: INFp - IEI
    ennea: 4w5 sp/sx

    **********

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Twain
    Only kings, presidents, editors, and people with tapeworms have the right to use the editorial 'we'.

  11. #11
    redbaron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    9,321
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aka-kitsune View Post
    What's really attractive is a person who won't run away at the first sign of difficult issues and emotional tumult. Willingness to understand and work through things because they VALUE me and not because everything's always gotta be hunky-dory pleasant (and of course, fake).
    yes.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

  12. #12
    jessica129's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    10,122
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Maybe that's why IEI's are the only type I attract.

  13. #13
    dinki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    UK
    TIM
    IEI!
    Posts
    623
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Both Ezra.

    I was crazy for my ESTp & he always used be like -your fucking hot, i want you, lets fuck-. Iunno, I thought that was hot, because I knew that he was being honest (instead of just like saying it to fuck around) & direct, getting donw to the crunch, as opposed to some guys who act like they don't want to at first and then they like jump on you...

    But the reason I didn't get invlolved was cause I was having emotional issues, and I felt like I wasn't good enough for him while I had those, like he wouldn't understand them or care or have time for them.

    So to sum it up. Both.

    .

  14. #14
    redbaron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    9,321
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dinki View Post
    Both Ezra.

    I was crazy for my ESTp & he always used be like -your fucking hot, i want you, lets fuck-. Iunno, I thought that was hot, because I knew that he was being honest (instead of just like saying it to fuck around) & direct, getting donw to the crunch, as opposed to some guys who act like they don't want to at first and then they like jump on you...

    But the reason I didn't get invlolved was cause I was having emotional issues, and I felt like I wasn't good enough for him while I had those, like he wouldn't understand them or care or have time for them.

    So to sum it up. Both.

    .
    aww, that makes me sad that you're not with him anymore.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

  15. #15
    Park's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Beyond the blue horizon
    TIM
    SLI
    Posts
    13,088
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ezra View Post
    Fuck off, Delta boy.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

    Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

  16. #16
    ...been here longer than the fucking monarchy Ezra's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    UK
    TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Posts
    9,167
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jessica129 View Post
    Maybe that's why IEI's are the only type I attract.
    Maybe it's because you're SLE.

    Quote Originally Posted by Winterpark View Post
    Fuck off, Delta boy.

  17. #17
    Creepy-Diana

    Default

    .

  18. #18
    ...been here longer than the fucking monarchy Ezra's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    UK
    TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Posts
    9,167
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Diana View Post
    Re: the point brought up about arguing. . . (is that spelled right, it looks weird?)
    Arguing isn't Se. And pointless arguing certainly isn't. When there's a purpose, and you straighten something out with someone, then it's good. I like that. But the constant picking and annoying petty bickering so many people do. . . how the hell is that Se?
    A lot of people like the passion charge in conflict, regardless of the content.

    I knew very well an ILE who LOVED arguing, it was his favorite pasttime. He'd start debates on politics, religion, whatever with anyone who would take the bait. It was weird though, he'd almost immediately agree with me and change his views to whatever mine were, which was disappointing. Not disappointing that he didn't want to argue for long with me, but disappointing that he was so easy to convince, made me think he wasn't exactly solid in his own views.
    It's the rush of energy you get from arguing. That's why I do it, at least!

    Often I end up agreeing with the other person too. They seem to think they're tryna convince me of something, and all I want to do is get a bit of a challenge on the go; heat people up a bit.

  19. #19
    Creepy-Diana

    Default

    .

  20. #20
    ...been here longer than the fucking monarchy Ezra's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    UK
    TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Posts
    9,167
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Diana View Post
    Feeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Indeedo

  21. #21
    zenbrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Tex-ass
    Posts
    232
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I like a good debate for the exchange of ideas and displays of intellectual prowess. By far, ILE's are my all-time favorite debate partners - although, it can get ugly when the NT temperament resorts to verbal attack in order to win and control the argument - at any emotional cost to his/her opponent.

    During the course of a debate, my goal is to determine if you really know your topic. Do you hold your position with personal conviction? Can you back up your assertions with examples from various disciplines? Have you really thought about it and drawn your own conclusions, or are you simply regurgitating someone elses ideas? Can you handle an opposing opinion without getting emotionally defensive? Are you aware of the difference between fact, empirical evidence and opinion? Can you present your arguments appropriately and convincingly?

    It's just sport to me - I can win or lose. I just enjoy the mental exercise.

  22. #22
    implied's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    7,750
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Diana View Post
    Re: the point brought up about arguing. . . (is that spelled right, it looks weird?)
    Arguing isn't Se. And pointless arguing certainly isn't. When there's a purpose, and you straighten something out with someone, then it's good. I like that. But the constant picking and annoying petty bickering so many people do. . . how the hell is that Se?

    I knew very well an ILE who LOVED arguing, it was his favorite pasttime. He'd start debates on politics, religion, whatever with anyone who would take the bait. It was weird though, he'd almost immediately agree with me and change his views to whatever mine were, which was disappointing. Not disappointing that he didn't want to argue for long with me, but disappointing that he was so easy to convince, made me think he wasn't exactly solid in his own views.
    maybe catering to a Te polr that doesn't enjoy arguing? i've sort of noticed with some ILEs the same tendency.
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

  23. #23
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2005
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Posts
    11,586
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Frenetic, "petty" debating can very easily be Se. It's not always the act itself that defines what's going on; the perceptions of the people involved are also important.

  24. #24
    I've been waiting for you Satan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Behind you
    TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Posts
    4,956
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aka-kitsune View Post
    This is a gross oversimplification. I don't "like to argue"; arguments are emotionally draining. However, I certainly appreciate when someone will stand their ground without resorting to being accusatory, offensive, defensive or constantly telling me I'm wrong, illogical, too intense, what-have-you.
    YOU. .. (FUCKING) .. I'M ONLY TRYING TO HELP ... YOU'RE WRONG .. IRRATIONAL .. TOO... INTENSE .. YOU ARE NOTHING .. YOU ARE SCUM ... YOU'RE LIKE A WHORE ON THE STREET BUT WITH A MOUTH ...

    Now, what were you saying?

    What's really attractive is a person who won't run away at the first sign of difficult issues and emotional tumult. Willingness to understand and work through things because they VALUE me and not because everything's always gotta be hunky-dory pleasant (and of course, fake).

    *snort*
    *runs away* You're too much. You make no sense. I don't even know who you are.

    I can't help myself. How could I help you?

  25. #25
    Let's fly now Gilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Posts
    24,757
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    A woman who can hold her ground intellectually is incredibly attractive to me.

    But the "let's fuck" approach would be great, too, although sometimes this catches me off guard and is a complete turn off. I appreciate it when a girl is direct, because sometimes that's just awkward for me, but honestly I kind of clam up if a girl is TOO forward.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

    Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

  26. #26

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    907
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    A woman who can hold her ground intellectually is incredibly attractive to me.

    But the "let's fuck" approach would be great, too, although sometimes this catches me off guard and is a complete turn off. I appreciate it when a girl is direct, because sometimes that's just awkward for me, but honestly I kind of clam up if a girl is TOO forward.
    Yup, I really enjoy the mental connection. The other things can connect later

    I can relate to the difficulty of the 'let's fuck' approach. If the timing is off it can be off putting, even if I am interested in the girl. But if the timing is right yay
    INFp

    If your sea chart does not match reality, go with reality (Old mariner saying)



  27. #27
    jessica129's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    10,122
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Let's make babies, Gilly.












    Was that too forward?

  28. #28

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    907
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jessica129 View Post
    Let's make babies, Gilly.












    Was that too forward?
    Gilly has left the building...






    Wait, Gilly has been spotted on the horizon speeding towards Chicago
    INFp

    If your sea chart does not match reality, go with reality (Old mariner saying)



  29. #29
    I've been waiting for you Satan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Behind you
    TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Posts
    4,956
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jessica129 View Post
    Let's make babies, Gilly.

    Was that too forward?
    Babies bring up marriage, commitment, responsibility, financial dependencies etc .. are you trying to scare him off, or have sex? Just say that you're horny, and that you're really into him. And then act as if it's a boo boo, and that you're not quite sure you should have leaked that ..

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •