Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Christy B

  1. #1
    strrrng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    TIM
    Ni-IEI 4w3 sx/so
    Posts
    8,781
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Christy B

    There are two options: IEI or EII.

    I have spoken with her more recently about various things, her type included, and while I felt certain of EII before, I am currently considering IEI, due to some of her descriptions of what she does/doesn't seek from others. Previously, she seemed to utilize Ne frequently, and value Te, but I couldn't make an argument for either; they were merely impressions. On the other hand, I always felt as if she was too fiery and adventurous to be delta (granted, she is 4w5 sx/sp, but still, each quadra has a spirit). Here are a few portions from a recent convo about her type:

    Christy: I take a buch of stuff
    Christy: and like see that pattern
    Me: sounds Ni
    Christy: and tehn can seee wheere its heading oh
    .....
    Christy: Si firsts kinda
    Christy: its too much for me
    Christy: it like I feel ike we are wastin time
    Christy: like enjoying every little thing
    Christy: which grosses me out lol;
    ...
    Christy: see Ithink I do value Si cause
    Christy: I need someone to calm me down basically
    ...
    Christy: ESTj's Si seems useful
    Christy: as if they are teaching me how to realx by kind of doing it themselves
    Christy: therefore making it ok for me to do it too
    ...
    Christy: I seriously need to be told what to do sometimes
    Christy: well ya but like in a very clear to the point way
    Christy: in order to get stuff done
    ...
    Christy: wow I just realized
    Christy: I kinda like it when
    Christy: people annoy me lol
    Christy: its like they can bring me out of a state of
    Christy: like an introverted state
    Christy: they can like wake me up kinda
    Christy: and get me to
    Christy: like merky does it

    Se seeking? lol

    DISCUSS
    4w3-5w6-8w7

  2. #2
    Let's fly now Gilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Posts
    24,757
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Even when she talks about wanting an LSE's Si, she talks about the other person essentially "taking the lead:" if they do it, then she feels more comfortable doing it.

    Personally I am highly skeptical of the idea of an EII E4.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

    Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

  3. #3
    Hot Message FDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Freiburg im Breisgau
    TIM
    ENTj
    Posts
    15,632
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Actually, there's a point in the LSE descriptions that mentions exactly this fact:

    Quote Originally Posted by http://www.socioniko.net/en/1.1.types/index.html
    3. "Rage is a mighty god of the strong". He tends to take other people out of the condition of complacency. He does not speak much about what is good, considers it self-evident. With his grumbling emotions he strives to extinguish emotions of others. He believes that redundant emotions tire people, and this is absolutely true if applied to his dual (The Humanist). During a conversation he pressures his interlocutor, even tries to intimidate him, but if people do not fear him, he becomes courteous and polite. Fury is his line of defense in a situation of emergency in which he feels otherwise helpless. The aim of his fury is to mobilize his partner, and when this is achieved, he calms down.
    and

    Even when she talks about wanting an LSE's Si, she talks about the other person essentially "taking the lead:" if they do it, then she feels more comfortable doing it.
    This would actually be the part of LSE rather than
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

  4. #4
    strrrng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    TIM
    Ni-IEI 4w3 sx/so
    Posts
    8,781
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    That description was shit. Poor grammar, vagueness and just whatever. The descriptions of the functions on wikisocion, and stuff from filatova is more reliable. I could easily see an ESTp behaving that way, in a given context.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

  5. #5
    Ritella's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    at your feet
    Posts
    2,092
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    yeah i agree with FDG.
    I think Christy's comments might be about wanting , not .
    For example, I identify a lot with feeling like "relaxation" is a waste of time. My favorite SNL skit is the one with the women who just sip coffee and chat. I'm always like "shouldn't you be working?"
    The thing is, though, I really hate and if there's a question for which one I'd prefer, it's not even a question really. I think a lot of EIIs may have an initial reaction of "ehw relaxation," but it's mainly due to the fact that they're Te is so terrible that they're scared of taking a break because they never work efficiently to begin with.
    EII; E6(w5)

    i am flakey

  6. #6
    strrrng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    TIM
    Ni-IEI 4w3 sx/so
    Posts
    8,781
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Christy: like sitting in a hammock is like
    Christy: It scares me
    Me: oh
    Christy: I want to run hahahha
    Christy: I mean its too boring
    Christy: my ex bf from long time ago
    Me: lol
    Christy: isfp
    Me: you are not Si
    Me: lol
    Me: u want
    Me: immediate stimulation
    Me: sensory
    Me: not internal continuous balance
    Christy: he would like want to chill out in hammock all day or w/e
    Me: lol
    Me: yes
    Me: INFj would eat that up
    Christy: I never understood this
    4w3-5w6-8w7

  7. #7
    Hot Message FDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Freiburg im Breisgau
    TIM
    ENTj
    Posts
    15,632
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by strrrng View Post
    That description was shit. Poor grammar, vagueness and just whatever. The descriptions of the functions on wikisocion, and stuff from filatova is more reliable. I could easily see an ESTp behaving that way, in a given context.
    Too bad it's an ESTj described there. Selecting your sources in way that confirms your opinion is a logical fallacy. However, as usual in socionics, if you're set out to prove that a person is his-her quasi-identical, it is going to be quite easy to do so.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

  8. #8
    strrrng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    TIM
    Ni-IEI 4w3 sx/so
    Posts
    8,781
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    Too bad it's an ESTj described there. Selecting your sources in way that confirms your opinion is a logical fallacy. However, as usual in socionics, if you're set out to prove that a person is his-her quasi-identical, it is going to be quite easy to do so.
    No, I just thought that description was rather poor. If you read what christy has described and pay attention, you will see that providing descriptions which peripherally encompass it is not an accurate correlation.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

  9. #9
    Ritella's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    at your feet
    Posts
    2,092
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by strrrng View Post
    Christy: like sitting in a hammock is like
    Christy: It scares me
    Me: oh
    Christy: I want to run hahahha
    Christy: I mean its too boring
    Christy: my ex bf from long time ago
    Me: lol
    Christy: isfp
    Me: you are not Si
    Me: lol
    Me: u want
    Me: immediate stimulation
    Me: sensory
    Me: not internal continuous balance
    Christy: he would like want to chill out in hammock all day or w/e
    Me: lol
    Me: yes
    Me: INFj would eat that up
    Christy: I never understood this
    again, I don't know that this is a case against EII. That is my feeling toward SEIs as well.
    I think this is because SEIs have PoLR and leading, so I feel like they're just being lazy. leading feels like overkill to me. I don't want to be in a constant state of relaxation. I'd feel brain dead. creative is much more appealing to me because it feels like the relaxation and sensorial emphasis is a means towards an end, rather than the sole focus; especially when it is blocked with because I view it as relaxation for the purpose of being more productive.
    EII; E6(w5)

    i am flakey

  10. #10
    strrrng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    TIM
    Ni-IEI 4w3 sx/so
    Posts
    8,781
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ritella
    again, I don't know that this is a case against EII. That is my feeling toward SEIs as well.
    I think this is because SEIs have PoLR and leading, so I feel like they're just being lazy. leading feels like overkill to me. I don't want to be in a constant state of relaxation. I'd feel brain dead. creative is much more appealing to me because it feels like the relaxation and sensorial emphasis is a means towards an end, rather than the sole focus; especially when it is blocked with because I view it as relaxation for the purpose of being more productive.
    Good point. The ENxp's are probably more prone to feeding off of such stimulation for extended periods.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •