Thread: Sinusoidal Model

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Sinusoidal Model

Earlier this year, I composed a model of Socionics based on a sine wave. I was just playing around, really, but recently I have seen signs that it might be useful.

A diagram of the LII:

The four elements that the wave passes closest to are the valued functions. The vital ring, across the bottom, has the most information (denoted by the darker grey). The id functions are fully competent (the information in the Thinking and Intuitive sections reaches almost to the top), but do not have any information input or output. The wave has a direction - either left or right - that results in input or output, depending on whether the wave is rising or falling (the wave must take in information to rise, thus increasing competency, and output informaiton to fall, decreasing competency). The superego functions have no information and no activity (unless the wave is distorted to accomodate them), and the superid functions are weak, but desire the same quantity of input/output as the ego functions.

In dynamic types, information rises toward the top, instead of falling to the bottom as it does with static types.

One of the first things I noticed was that a mirror has the same input/output as a dual. However, neither is competent in the other's superid, so the result is a perfect ego exchange - with little or no superid action.

LII-Ne

"Come to think of it, there are already a million monkeys on a million typewriters, and the Usenet is NOTHING like Shakespeare!"
    - Blair Houghton

Johari

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smilingeyes model is already based on the sine wave, cutting through temperaments. Check it out.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shroud the earth in Gamma rays. Let them penetrate all living beings and make the world a more peaceful and quiet place.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brilliand View Post
    Earlier this year, I composed a model of Socionics based on a sine wave. I was just playing around, really, but recently I have seen signs that it might be useful.

A diagram of the LII:

Unfortunately, this barely describes that IM elements are weak or strong.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Where can I find an introduction to smilingeyes' model?

Quote Originally Posted by machintruc View Post
    Unfortunately, this barely describes that IM elements are weak or strong.
    The darkened area under the wave is the information level, which rises highest near the ego functions. A higher internal information means a higher control over information in the environment. A less significant measure of function strength is that the input functions (1 and 6) can seem stronger because they learn from the environment, whereas the output functions create based on what has been learned.

This model suggests many things that Model A never suggested to me, and for that reason it may be wrong - but it may also be useful. I speculate that the wave can be distorted under extreme conditions, but always seeks to return to its original state - for instance, if a person's 2nd and 5th functions are never acknowledged (i.e. the output is never accepted by others), the information levels of the weak functins will rise (because the information was never released), activating first the role function, then the PoLR. In the extreme, this can make every function behave like an Id function, at least until the output functions are acknowledged. The effects of a suppressed 2nd function exactly complement the effects of the dual's starved 6th function, so that a dual with complementary problems is a more exact dual than a healthy dual.

LII-Ne

"Come to think of it, there are already a million monkeys on a million typewriters, and the Usenet is NOTHING like Shakespeare!"
    - Blair Houghton

Johari

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dee View Post
    do you think it's possible that means-goal relationship between blocks functions such as the one that ego block has between program and creative holds for all blocks? and what is the basis for saying that vital functions have as output the functions that are mirror images of the mental input functions?
    That makes sense. As for the vital functions mirroring the mental functions, that would be necessary for duality; an output and an input get along fine (the input takes in the output), whereas two inputs will starve each other, and two outputs will clash. Thus the 5th function must be output if the 1st function is input, and vise-versa.

I suppose that if one output is stronger than the other (as in the case of activation), the stronger output will simply overwhelm the weaker one.

maybe duals are supposed to somehow recharge/normalise you briefly or smth (in any case, there are the 1/16th of them).
    I figure a "perfect dual" (by which I mean someone who not only is the same type, but also has complementary problems) would simply be comforting at first (because there wouldn't be any struggle to get the input/output you desire), but would eventually bring you back to your natural waveform, if no one else interfered. Also, in a crisis, a dual pair would be able to quickly change themselves

LII-Ne

- Blair Houghton

Johari

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well, i was just probing your proposition. personally, i'm inclined to believe that all even functions are creative/producing/output/means/process, and all the odd functions - program/goal/result. also take into consideration that conventional model says that all odd are accepting and all even are producing, which imo can be seen to have some meaning resemblance. talanov says though that 1/7 and 4/6, are the base of each block's functioning as the brain router's focus snaps in the block, i.e. it is the function that the unbalanced mentioned functions that are always on, within the time frame of the presence in the block, and they use the other function more controllably. perhaps to achieve it's aims, for superego perhaps it's to come out dry, and for ego - to perhaps implement itself well.
    No, my model sets it up differently. The unvalued functions aren't always on, but when they're active, 1, 4, 6 and 7 are accepting, whereas 2, 3, 5 and 8 are producing. Each unvalued function is activated by distorting a corresponding valued function - 4 by overusing 6, 3 by underusing 2, 7 by underusing 6, and 8 by overusing 2. 4 can also be activated by underusing both 2 and 3, and 8 by underusing both 6 and 7, but that's less likely.

(I'm modifying this as I go - I've noticed that the explanation I gave Machintruc makes 4 stronger than 3)

well, say 5 Fe and 2 Fe. Boukalov levels differ, so in essence what will happen, the other person will LEARN optimally in terms of Boukalov vectors matching, and so will be able to do it HIM or HER SELF later, instead having the other dual doing (even) what the other person wants (odd). the thing about the latter system is that it reconfigures itself over time to make certain functions of types "lazed" therefore jeopardising both components. whereas the learn-and-go duality implies absence of detrimentality.
    Although, there is an element of growing dependent on your dual. As I see it, you need certain assistance to function optimally, so one of two things must happen: either you must function suboptimally and not need assistance, or you must assume that the assistance is there and devote all of your energy to what you do best. The latter strategy could be disastrous if the assistance doesn't come, but if your dual is present, it's the best strategy.

Bukalov's idea seems better suited to a relationship that is not long-term, and actually, it provides an answer to my dilemma that activation does not seem to be a good relationship under my model. Activation is a good short-term relationship - a relationship of learning, as opposed to dependence.

LII-Ne

- Blair Houghton

Johari

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sorry i wronged with the last post. it's actually not certain from the model B wether the matching norms-situation and time-experience parameters of matching functions of duals are "optimal". i mean what is the meaning of the pairing of "intra situational ability" with knowledge of "proper" things, same for the pairing of "time" and first-hand expererience? also more ? marks due to it being possible that he has brought in some of his own model A into action
    Well OK, I don't know much about Model B anyway; I'll just take what you said as a separate theory.

LII-Ne

- Blair Houghton

Johari