Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Types and smoking weed

Quote Originally Posted by Bionicgoat View Post
    smoke weed every day
    Well,let me first thank Bionicgoat for inspiration!

A question to those who enjoy (or have enjoyed) mind altering substances such as weed, hash, etc.etc.:

What effect does it have on you? I wonder if there is a relationship between type and how eacht type experiences these substances.

E.g. I smoke weed as an aphrodisiac, I use it for sex (either manually or socially, ahum...), it makes me feel my bodily sensations a lot better, so I guess for me it's sort of Si related. But it also gets me into a mystical state where I have random flashes of insight, but I'm less sure if this relates to Ni.
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

Creepy-bg

good topic but I'm about to go see a movie... maybe I'll write something when I get home.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

fuck weedsmokers

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I used to do it for a variety of reasons.

1) Helped social anxiety
    2) Alleviated symptoms of depression
    3) Gave me an excuse to socialize with people I otherwise would have had no legitimate basis for interacting with or getting to know
    4) Gave me status as a dealer
    5) It was something to do.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For some reason, no one has ever offered me drugs.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

TIM
    Se/Ni sx/sp
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I will pm you.
    maybe a saint is just a dead prick with a good publicist
    maybe tommorow's statues are insecure without their foes
    go ask the frog what the scorpion knows

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've never smoked weed, nor I have ever smoked a cigarette. I've never felt the need to. Maybe in the future if I will feel the need, I will.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    Se/Ni sx/sp
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    I've never smoked weed, nor I have ever smoked a cigarette. I've never felt the need to. Maybe in the future if I will feel the need, I will.
    Actually I haven't either.
    maybe a saint is just a dead prick with a good publicist
    maybe tommorow's statues are insecure without their foes
    go ask the frog what the scorpion knows

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

weed is awesome, it makes my Ni go crazy.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by strrrng View Post
    weed is awesome, it makes my Ni go crazy.
    Can you give some examples of how this works?
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I smoked it twice. I never inhaled. Too expensive for poor folk.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

weed is a difficult issue for me.

i very much like smoking, but then i end up wanting to smoke whenever im bored, which is a lot. when i do this, i get UBER lazy and loose all motivation to do things which leads to depression. i get depressed when i dont have things to do or the desire to do them.

it calms me down. it makes me less....eccentric. it makes me more eccentric in other ways, because i over analyze everything soberly and its magnified when i smoke. i become incredibly random.

the only difference is that im not IN YOUR FACE as much with my opinions and ideas as i would be sober.

edit: wow this is barely coherent....

basically, i like smoking. it enhances my enjoyment of somethings. it makes me fat and lazy if i do it too much. it also makes me paranoid about my relationships because it causes me to over-analyze in a different way than i do soberly. causes unease in my own perceptions of my relationships if this paranoia is prolonged.

but man do i enjoy it anyway.
    Last edited by Khamelion; 09-06-2008 at 08:25 PM.
    SEE Unknown Subtype
    6w7 sx/so

[21:29] hitta: idealism is just the gap between the thought of death
    [21:29] hitta: and not dying

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I enjoy smoking pot. It's relaxing.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Never done it... though I've always associated with groups of people that love the shit.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It should be legalized.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Logos View Post
    It should be legalized.
    Well, the government has no business creating drug laws in the first place, but yeah, cannabis should be legalized. It's totally harmless.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by discojoe View Post
    Well, the government has no business creating drug laws in the first place, but yeah, cannabis should be legalized. It's totally harmless.
    Legalization would inevitably make weed cheaper and safer while also freeing ridiculous amounts of room in prisons and freeing tax money. North Carolina is actually one of twelve states where marijuana has been decriminalized.
    Johari Box

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah, i wouldn't mind seeing it legalized in the states. i was very impressed with dutch people on the whole and how generally not-over-the-top people were about smoking, consentingadult. i think it's one of those things where americans are a little less likely to want to see something like that legalized, though. i don't see it happening any time soon.

i haven't really smoked tons and am certainly not a marijuana expert, but it's only been relaxing for me in very small doses.
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's not relaxing for me. I mean, I already want someone to breathe for me, that's how lazy I can be, but, i dunno. weed is pretty eh.

I'm not really into any sort of drugs in any shape though.
    "Those who make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities..."

- Voltaire

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by implied View Post
    yeah, i wouldn't mind seeing it legalized in the states. i was very impressed with dutch people on the whole and how generally not-over-the-top people were about smoking, consentingadult. i think it's one of those things where americans are a little less likely to want to see something like that legalized, though. i don't see it happening any time soon.

i haven't really smoked tons and am certainly not a marijuana expert, but it's only been relaxing for me in very small doses.
    Yeah, weed is probably the most accessible and common illegal drug such to the point that its use is quite openly acknowledged. I fail to see any legitimate reasons as to why it has not been legalized yet apart from allowing the government to continue to put on the charade of caring about the drug war.
    Johari Box

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I pretty much have bad trips every time I smoke, so I tend to shy away from the stuff. I hear hallucinations aren't very typical with weed, so I'm assuming I'm having very atypical experiences and should not mess with it.
    "To become is just like falling asleep. You never know exactly when it happens, the transition, the magic, and you think, if you could only recall that exact moment of crossing the line then you would understand everything; you would see it all"

"Angels dancing on the head of a pin dissolve into nothingness at the bedside of a dying child."

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My INFP friend used to be sort of addicted to weed.

I don't like it, rather something stronger, although I'm getting to old for that nowadays.

TIM
    ILE 8w9
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I concur, it should be legalized. It should also be recognized that there are many good economical uses to Cannabis other than medicinal.
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."
    --Theodore Roosevelt

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
    -- Mark Twain

"Man who stand on hill with mouth open will wait long time for roast duck to drop in."
    -- Confucius

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbean View Post
    It should also be recognized that there are many good economical uses to Cannabis other than medicinal.
    What the fuck... a LSI junkie...

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by consentingadult
    Can you give some examples of how this works?
    Well, I think since it's paired with Fe, I sort of feel other peoples' energy as if I was occupying their body. And my mind comes up with all these weird internal images and associations to represent people and their traits. And if I "have an insight" lol I can't remember how I came up with it, except it feels right in the moment. People typically aren't as attractive (internally) for me when I'm high lol.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I use it to treat migraines apparently, and it seems to work to some degree at least when paired with vicodin. I am still almost blind (aura) though. 1/1 success rate so far.

General effects on me: everything becomes funnier. Self-medication for boring tasks or times.
    I become more introverted. On weed I just exist in the background of things a bit more, and tend to be in my head more unless actively laughing at something. This is why I usually avoid it at large parties.
    My teeth feel weird (type related!/relevant!)
    Random flashes of insight fits but usually not good ones haha
    I become less competitive which is really good for stuff like tennis with a friend
    It helps me get to sleep, which usually isn't a problem unless say I've been going to bed at 6 am for 4 nights straight and need to go to sleep at midnight to get up at 8 the next day. In those situations weed saves my life.

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by discojoe View Post
    ... It's totally harmless.
    No, it is not, I can testify from my own experience and a lot of kids I see that the following is a significant possibility:

Quote Originally Posted by Khamelion View Post
    but then i end up wanting to smoke whenever im bored, which is a lot. when i do this, i get UBER lazy and loose all motivation to do things which leads to depression. i get depressed when i dont have things to do or the desire to do them.
    It takes a hell of a lot of self-control to not overindulge in the use of cannabis, especially in a place such as Amsterdam where weed and hash are dirt cheap, contain excessive amounts of THC and is readily available in places euphemistically called 'coffee shops', of which there are hundreds all over town

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Starfall View Post
    actually, I think it may be the same for me... I really don't think it's normal to see, uh, colors...
    Well, this is sort of what I would have expected from a theoretical Socionics perpective: that it would amplify the effects of specific Socionic functions.

We need more examples
    Last edited by consentingadult; 09-06-2008 at 09:31 AM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"It takes a hell of a lot of self-control to not overindulge in the use of cannabis, especially in a place such as Amsterdam where weed and hash are dirt cheap, contain excessive amounts of THC and is readily available in places euphemistically called 'coffee shops', of which there are hundreds all over town "

So how does it follow that you need to illegalize it?
    "To become is just like falling asleep. You never know exactly when it happens, the transition, the magic, and you think, if you could only recall that exact moment of crossing the line then you would understand everything; you would see it all"

"Angels dancing on the head of a pin dissolve into nothingness at the bedside of a dying child."

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MysticSonic View Post
    "It takes a hell of a lot of self-control to not overindulge in the use of cannabis, especially in a place such as Amsterdam where weed and hash are dirt cheap, contain excessive amounts of THC and is readily available in places euphemistically called 'coffee shops', of which there are hundreds all over town "

So how does it follow that you need to illegalize it?
    Where did I say it needs to be illegalized?

I don't think it should be illegalized, because the effects of cannabis being illegal are way worse than the effects of cannabis being legal. I'm in agreement with the general consensus in the Netherlands that it should not be illegal, but that we do need to inform and educate people, especially young people, about the possible dangers of cannabis. Many Dutch, including myself, think that is the best way to keep the negative effects to a minimum.

And even if I wanted to illegalize it, I would also advocate making alcohol illegal. Alcohol is legal, but the problems it causes for individuals and society at large, are way worse than the problems caused by cannabis.
    Last edited by consentingadult; 09-06-2008 at 01:34 PM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

k

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Although this thread is not about the legal issues of cannabis products, I would like to elaborate on the situation in the Netherlands, because it is often misunderstood. Misunderstood in the sense that many foreigners think that the Netherlands are some sort of cannabis-Nirvana.

In the Netherlands, many people think cannabis products should be legally available. The current legal situation is that owning small amounts of cannabis products and consuming it in some fashion, is legal. It is, however, not legal to grow it, import it, buy it for commercial purposes or even sell it. We have a situation in which 'coffee shops' are condoned, but are not legal. Strictly speaking, this is quite a hypocritical attitude of course.

The reason for this situation is that our administration is being pressured by other countries, most notably France and the US. Also, there is a growing awareness that cannabis products are not quite that innocent as believed, but part of that is also being caused by cannabis products have grown in levels of THC amounts they contain, it's far from being 'Indiana ditch weed' so to speak.

Being pressured by other countries is also the reason that there is no tolerance for hard drugs either, but there is also another factor: it is a public secret that politician's life would be in danger if they would legalize hard drugs, or create a situation where they would be condoned: this would bring the price of these products down, and criminals wouldn't be happy with that...

See also: Boom Chicago on Drugs in Amsterdam
    Last edited by consentingadult; 09-06-2008 at 11:46 AM.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

when i used to smoke weed, i did it because it calmed me down, made everything hilariously funny, made for fun times with friends, gave me a way to connect with a wide variety of people, helped control my anxiety (although i would not have labelled it as anxiety at the time). over time, though, it made me bored at best and paranoid at worst.

i liked alcohol a lot better.

my personal theory is that alcohol/drug abuse meets one's superid functions, this is why they can be addictive. esp if you don't have a lot of compatible relationships in your life. (as was the case for me at that time)

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

Creepy-bg

I've always thought it was weird that some people get paranoid on weed. I've never had a problem with that. *shrugs* About the only drug that makes me paranoid paranoid is crack. When you smoke rock it's like whatever part of your brain does the paranoia thing goes into hypermode. It's just this overwhelming feeling like somebody or something is about to come crashing through the door and that'll be it. It's a very odd feeling knowing that it's the drug that's doing that to you, but not being able to shake the feeling for the life of you. @the people who say they get paranoid, is it that intense for you when you smoke weed? Or is it more like you're mind going into overdrive looking for little signals and such of something going on (I've mentioned this before, but that's what meth paranoia is like. It's like you're overthinking... not the raw primal paranoia of crack)

hmmm... maybe you guys get paranoid about control of your head, sort of like losing it on a bad acid trip. Depersonalization and ego-loss or something? idk...

Anyways... I said I was going to describe what weed does to me, but tbh I don't feel like it atm

Creepy-bg

anyways... we've always called drug paranoia "the fear"... idk where we got that, a voice in the back of my head is telling me from Hunter S Thompson but I'm pretty sure we used that term long before I knew who that was. It's the perfect description though

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blaze View Post
    my personal theory is that alcohol/drug abuse meets one's superid functions, this is why they can be addictive. esp if you don't have a lot of compatible relationships in your life. (as was the case for me at that time)
    I think you might be spot-on here, as it does seem to address my Si-needs mostly.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bionicgoat View Post
    hmmm... maybe you guys get paranoid about control of your head, sort of like losing it on a bad acid trip. Depersonalization and ego-loss or something? idk...

there are these terms in the counseling field called ego-syntonic and ego-dystonic. they refer to moods or mental states or levels of energy and how people subjectively experience them. people can experience their natural ego states as either comfortable or uncomfortable. if their ego state is uncomfortable, then they might use substances which change their mood or energy level in the opposite direction of their natural state. if they are comfortable in their natural ego state, then they might use substances which enhance their natural ego state.

as a side-bar, why would a person experience their natural ego state as uncomfortable? a socionics answer would be that they have not been around people who value their ego. a social work answer is that there could be some type of stress or challenge or trauma. a doctor's answer might be that there is something wrong in their body.

so, what is interesting about this socionically is that most people are comfortable with their ego functions, but at the same time, seek balance with their dual seeking and hidden agenda functions. so, drug use can manifiest socionically in two ways: drug experiences that intensify ego functions or drug experiences that mimic dual seeking and/or hidden agenda functions.

however, the trouble with drugs is that there is chemistry going on inside the body that operates on it over time, so the pleasureable effects of the substance begin to be outweighed by the toll that they take on the person's body. this toll, along with tolerance, is the reason the good effects of the drug use start to become less and less prominant.

i'll talk about my experience here, this is not saying anything about anybody else, so don't anybody freak out. for me, drug use kinda filled ego functions and super-id functions at first, but over time, became strictly super-id filling. it's because my ego became stronger and stronger over time. it needed less and less "help" to express itself and self-identify. i began to see more and more the negative effects of the superego functional weakness. so i began to choose drugs that satisfied my dual seeking, not ones that enhanced my ego (like hallucinogens) lol LSD is like Ne gone wild.....

i started to say that there was an absence of socionically compatible people in my life who could have helped me in my addiction but that's really not true. while i don't remember any duals, there were activity, illusionary, benefactors, beneficiaries, mirrors and semi duals around who i would not listen to and who i hurt with my addiction. (didn't kill 'em though lol) but really who was i hurting? not them as much as myself.

it's a lot harder for me to live clean and sober for sure. it's harder now than it ever was, too, keeps getting harder and harder. the world's a tough place. doesn't mean i don't enjoy it.....there's lots of bonuses that come....but fundamentally life is hard. some of us have a tougher row to hoe than others though and i have to wonder what God's reasons are for that. but when i get to feeling really down, i say to myelf, hey, here in america we have clean water to drink. it could be worse. much worse.

ILE

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

there are these terms in the counseling field called ego-syntonic and ego-dystonic. they refer to moods or mental states or levels of energy and how people subjectively experience them. people can experience their natural ego states as either comfortable or uncomfortable. if their ego state is uncomfortable, then they might use substances which change their mood or energy level in the opposite direction of their natural state. if they are comfortable in their natural ego state, then they might use substances which enhance their natural ego state.

as a side-bar, why would a person experience their natural ego state as uncomfortable? a socionics answer would be that they have not been around people who value their ego. a social work answer is that there could be some type of stress or challenge or trauma. a doctor's answer might be that there is something wrong in their body.

so, what is interesting about this socionically is that most people are comfortable with their ego functions, but at the same time, seek balance with their dual seeking and hidden agenda functions. so, drug use can manifiest socionically in two ways: drug experiences that intensify ego functions or drug experiences that mimic dual seeking and/or hidden agenda functions.

however, the trouble with drugs is that there is chemistry going on inside the body that operates on it over time, so the pleasureable effects of the substance begin to be outweighed by the toll that they take on the person's body. this toll, along with tolerance, is the reason the good effects of the drug use start to become less and less prominant.

i'll talk about my experience here, this is not saying anything about anybody else, so don't anybody freak out. for me, drug use kinda filled ego functions and super-id functions at first, but over time, became strictly super-id filling. it's because my ego became stronger and stronger over time. it needed less and less "help" to express itself and self-identify. i began to see more and more the negative effects of the superego functional weakness. so i began to choose drugs that satisfied my dual seeking, not ones that enhanced my ego (like hallucinogens) lol LSD is like Ne gone wild.....

i started to say that there was an absence of socionically compatible people in my life who could have helped me in my addiction but that's really not true. while i don't remember any duals, there were activity, illusionary, benefactors, beneficiaries, mirrors and semi duals around who i would not listen to and who i hurt with my addiction. (didn't kill 'em though lol) but really who was i hurting? not them as much as myself.

it's a lot harder for me to live clean and sober for sure. it's harder now than it ever was, too, keeps getting harder and harder. the world's a tough place. doesn't mean i don't enjoy it.....there's lots of bonuses that come....but fundamentally life is hard. some of us have a tougher row to hoe than others though and i have to wonder what God's reasons are for that. but when i get to feeling really down, i say to myelf, hey, here in america we have clean water to drink. it could be worse. much worse.
    I think this is very illuminating. Thank you for sharing this with us.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i liked alcohol a lot better.
    I think i'd rather try any drug than go back to drinking. Alcohol is the devil.

I can understand the pleasure in these sort of things as they did provide me with a bit of pleasure some time ago, but in the end, all they do is wreak havoc on my life. Dunno, i'm just over these things. I'd rather take the sober approach to life as I am trying to do right now. Not knocking you or anything, I'm just saying what it's like for me...stay away from the bottle, kids.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jessica129 View Post
    I think i'd rather try any drug than go back to drinking. Alcohol is the devil.

I can understand the pleasure in these sort of things as they did provide me with a bit of pleasure some time ago, but in the end, all they do is wreak havoc on my life. Dunno, i'm just over these things. I'd rather take the sober approach to life as I am trying to do right now. Not knocking you or anything, I'm just saying what it's like for me...stay away from the bottle, kids.
    yep the booze is pretty bad for sure.

you musta missed my longer post though,

ILE

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast