[DISC] D-first and low dopamin level
I'm talking of course about DISC profiles. What is really the difference between C and D ? I'm task-oriented, but I'm nothing like diplomatic or tactful, nor am I aggressive. I think I'm a lazy D-first, instead of a C-first.
C-first people are more gentle-looking than D-first people. But though I am kind and friendly as a lamb, I pretty much communicate like a D-first, like being loud, saying "let's go", or "action is cool", or such, even if I'm lazy, because I'm an extrovert. (I acknowledge that you can be a D-first introvert)
I mean, I feel like laws and norms are less important than reality, even if I'm a socionic IJ.
What do you think ? Can, on specific cases, people with a low dopamin level, and a low or moderate serotonin level (i.e. Fours or Fives), be D-first ?
Last edited by machintruc; 09-04-2008 at 05:57 PM.
i didn't realize anyone other than yourself obsessively analyzed dopamine
You don't expect D-first people to have a low dopamine level, right ?
Originally Posted by crazedrat
the problem is the conclusion yields little insight and is a waste of time.
DISC: what's hard being D-first
Some DISC fans tend to have some bias that D is the best style. I can assure you that it's not, for these reasons :
- People often feel like you're some badass, even if you're super-friendly like me.
- Sharing one's style with ******'s, Stalin's, and Nietzsche.
- Being perceived as rude.
- Being misunderstood by cautious people because of being a risk-taker.
- Having a hard time to socialise on informal contexts.
- Hating and being hated by other D-firsts.
- Appearing intimidating to most people, and thus unapproachable.
- Tending to make shit and repairing one's own shit, instead of just avoiding to make it.
- Feeling alone in the world, even when interacting with people (for extroverted D-firsts).
- Being such a bad listener.
So, don't tell me that D-first is cool. Of course it's not.
DISC : D/S and S/D profiles
Understanding DISC: High Dominance and Steadiness
They say they're extremely rare, but actually, 1 of 18 people have high D and S : Ethical Fours.
SP and Social E4 Ethicals are S/D, whereas Intimate E4 Ethicals are D/S.
SP and Social Fours are gentle, but quite pushy if needed. They have a paternalistic approach of relationships.
Intimate Fours are directive and loud, sometimes intimidating. But they're actually gentle people (unlike Eights).
S/D's and D/S's, act in either a driving, or caring way.
C/D's and D/C's, act in either a driving, or analytical way. (btw, SP and Social E4 Logicals are C/D, Intimate E4 Logicals are D/C)