Thread: Descriptions of EACH variant of EACH socionic type

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Descriptions of EACH variant of EACH socionic type

It's hard to describe 16 different types. MBTT is already criticised because it's pretty hard to know the behaviours of 16 separate types. It's harder than 4 temperaments, 4 main DISC profiles, or 5 FFM dichotomies, or even 9 enneagram types.

Myersian types are often badly described. For example, I don't like descriptions of my own myersian type, which say that ENTJ's are pushy assholes or such (i.e. describing ENTJ's as -++, as they can be 0+- as well).

Socionic types are badly described too, but in a lesser extent. For example, are SEI's accomodating ? EIE's sociable ? SLE's pushy ? SLI's sluggish ? LII's quiet ? LIE's outgoing ?

It depends of the physiological variant. For example, a --- SEI may appear as SLE to an unexperienced socionist. Or, a 0+- LII as ILE. Another example is that even experienced socionists tend to write S0D0 like descriptions of LSI's, while putting lots of S-D+ people on LSI celebrity lists, such as Stalin or Milosevic.

Now that there is GCPT, we have a set of 168 different types. It's already hard to deal with 16 types, it's harder to deal with 168.

Is someone interested about writing such descriptions ?
    Providing examples ? It'd prevent those who get to know socionics to deal with stereotypes, instead of types.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, okay, fair enough.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by machintruc View Post
    It's hard to describe 16 different types. MBTT is already criticised because it's pretty hard to know the behaviours of 16 separate types. It's harder than 4 temperaments, 4 main DISC profiles, or 5 FFM dichotomies, or even 9 enneagram types.

Myersian types are often badly described. For example, I don't like descriptions of my own myersian type, which say that ENTJ's are pushy assholes or such (i.e. describing ENTJ's as -++, as they can be 0+- as well).

Socionic types are badly described too, but in a lesser extent. For example, are SEI's accomodating ? EIE's sociable ? SLE's pushy ? SLI's sluggish ? LII's quiet ? LIE's outgoing ?

It depends of the physiological variant. For example, a --- SEI may appear as SLE to an unexperienced socionist. Or, a 0+- LII as ILE. Another example is that even experienced socionists tend to write S0D0 like descriptions of LSI's, while putting lots of S-D+ people on LSI celebrity lists, such as Stalin or Milosevic.

Now that there is GCPT, we have a set of 168 different types. It's already hard to deal with 16 types, it's harder to deal with 168.

Is someone interested about writing such descriptions ?
    Providing examples ? It'd prevent those who get to know socionics to deal with stereotypes, instead of types.
    How am I going to memorize 168 types? I think we need a breakdown, where the phitypes are described in a way that doesn't intrude on Socionics and Socionics is described in a way that doesn't intrude on the phitypes - that is, descriptions that make it obvious that they are two different aspects of personality.

If in fact they are...

LII-Ne

"Come to think of it, there are already a million monkeys on a million typewriters, and the Usenet is NOTHING like Shakespeare!"
    - Blair Houghton

Johari

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dee View Post
    i think certain constancies in the low-medium-high levels of certain chamicals in the brain might indeed be correlated with a particular type, for all types, but i doubt you can set off a full scale variations in the three letter code for each type.
    There aren't scale variations. For example, a LII of my variant is just called a 0+- LII. That's all.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There aren't scale variations. For example, a LII of my variant is just called a 0+- LII. That's all.
    "Full scale" in the sense of being "complete" - that is, "full-scale." Dee didn't mean a gradient.

LII-Ne

"Come to think of it, there are already a million monkeys on a million typewriters, and the Usenet is NOTHING like Shakespeare!"
    - Blair Houghton

Johari

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brilliand View Post
    "Full scale" in the sense of being "complete" - that is, "full-scale." Dee didn't mean a gradient.
    But practically, what does it mean ?

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But practically, what does it mean ?
    Probably that not every phitype-sociotype combination will actually exist. It could also mean that brain chemicals shouldn't be considered part of personality (perhaps they change with circumstances or diet).

LII-Ne

- Blair Houghton

Johari

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by machintruc
    It's already hard to deal with 16 types, it's harder to deal with 168.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brilliand View Post
    Probably that not every phitype-sociotype combination will actually exist. It could also mean that brain chemicals shouldn't be considered part of personality (perhaps they change with circumstances or diet).
    Have you read GCPT ?

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have you read GCPT ?
    Now I have.

what's that?
    Link is in the OP.

LII-Ne

- Blair Houghton

Johari

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what's that?
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...ad.php?t=20935

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're making a model of changeable F.... Interesting, keep us posted. My specialty is conserved F.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've got observations about many of those variants. I might try to put them in written form when I'm commuting to and from school.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit