Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Descriptions of EACH variant of EACH socionic type

  1. #1
    machintruc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    3,252
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Descriptions of EACH variant of EACH socionic type

    It's hard to describe 16 different types. MBTT is already criticised because it's pretty hard to know the behaviours of 16 separate types. It's harder than 4 temperaments, 4 main DISC profiles, or 5 FFM dichotomies, or even 9 enneagram types.

    Myersian types are often badly described. For example, I don't like descriptions of my own myersian type, which say that ENTJ's are pushy assholes or such (i.e. describing ENTJ's as -++, as they can be 0+- as well).

    Socionic types are badly described too, but in a lesser extent. For example, are SEI's accomodating ? EIE's sociable ? SLE's pushy ? SLI's sluggish ? LII's quiet ? LIE's outgoing ?

    It depends of the physiological variant. For example, a --- SEI may appear as SLE to an unexperienced socionist. Or, a 0+- LII as ILE. Another example is that even experienced socionists tend to write S0D0 like descriptions of LSI's, while putting lots of S-D+ people on LSI celebrity lists, such as Stalin or Milosevic.



    Now that there is GCPT, we have a set of 168 different types. It's already hard to deal with 16 types, it's harder to deal with 168.

    Is someone interested about writing such descriptions ?
    Providing examples ? It'd prevent those who get to know socionics to deal with stereotypes, instead of types.

  2. #2
    ...been here longer than the fucking monarchy Ezra's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    UK
    TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Posts
    9,169
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Yeah, okay, fair enough.

  3. #3
    Currently God Brilliand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Nevada
    TIM
    LII
    Posts
    4,246
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by machintruc View Post
    It's hard to describe 16 different types. MBTT is already criticised because it's pretty hard to know the behaviours of 16 separate types. It's harder than 4 temperaments, 4 main DISC profiles, or 5 FFM dichotomies, or even 9 enneagram types.

    Myersian types are often badly described. For example, I don't like descriptions of my own myersian type, which say that ENTJ's are pushy assholes or such (i.e. describing ENTJ's as -++, as they can be 0+- as well).

    Socionic types are badly described too, but in a lesser extent. For example, are SEI's accomodating ? EIE's sociable ? SLE's pushy ? SLI's sluggish ? LII's quiet ? LIE's outgoing ?

    It depends of the physiological variant. For example, a --- SEI may appear as SLE to an unexperienced socionist. Or, a 0+- LII as ILE. Another example is that even experienced socionists tend to write S0D0 like descriptions of LSI's, while putting lots of S-D+ people on LSI celebrity lists, such as Stalin or Milosevic.



    Now that there is GCPT, we have a set of 168 different types. It's already hard to deal with 16 types, it's harder to deal with 168.

    Is someone interested about writing such descriptions ?
    Providing examples ? It'd prevent those who get to know socionics to deal with stereotypes, instead of types.
    How am I going to memorize 168 types? I think we need a breakdown, where the phitypes are described in a way that doesn't intrude on Socionics and Socionics is described in a way that doesn't intrude on the phitypes - that is, descriptions that make it obvious that they are two different aspects of personality.

    If in fact they are...



    LII-Ne

    "Come to think of it, there are already a million monkeys on a million typewriters, and the Usenet is NOTHING like Shakespeare!"
    - Blair Houghton

    Johari

  4. #4
    machintruc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    3,252
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dee View Post
    i think certain constancies in the low-medium-high levels of certain chamicals in the brain might indeed be correlated with a particular type, for all types, but i doubt you can set off a full scale variations in the three letter code for each type.
    There aren't scale variations. For example, a LII of my variant is just called a 0+- LII. That's all.

  5. #5
    Currently God Brilliand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Nevada
    TIM
    LII
    Posts
    4,246
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by machintruc View Post
    There aren't scale variations. For example, a LII of my variant is just called a 0+- LII. That's all.
    "Full scale" in the sense of being "complete" - that is, "full-scale." Dee didn't mean a gradient.



    LII-Ne

    "Come to think of it, there are already a million monkeys on a million typewriters, and the Usenet is NOTHING like Shakespeare!"
    - Blair Houghton

    Johari

  6. #6
    machintruc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    3,252
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brilliand View Post
    "Full scale" in the sense of being "complete" - that is, "full-scale." Dee didn't mean a gradient.
    But practically, what does it mean ?

  7. #7
    Currently God Brilliand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Nevada
    TIM
    LII
    Posts
    4,246
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by machintruc View Post
    But practically, what does it mean ?
    Probably that not every phitype-sociotype combination will actually exist. It could also mean that brain chemicals shouldn't be considered part of personality (perhaps they change with circumstances or diet).



    LII-Ne

    "Come to think of it, there are already a million monkeys on a million typewriters, and the Usenet is NOTHING like Shakespeare!"
    - Blair Houghton

    Johari

  8. #8
    The Iniquitous inumbra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    TIM
    954
    Posts
    5,989
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by machintruc
    It's already hard to deal with 16 types, it's harder to deal with 168.

  9. #9
    machintruc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    3,252
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brilliand View Post
    Probably that not every phitype-sociotype combination will actually exist. It could also mean that brain chemicals shouldn't be considered part of personality (perhaps they change with circumstances or diet).
    Have you read GCPT ?

  10. #10
    Currently God Brilliand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Nevada
    TIM
    LII
    Posts
    4,246
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by machintruc View Post
    Have you read GCPT ?
    Now I have.

    Quote Originally Posted by dee View Post
    what's that?
    Link is in the OP.



    LII-Ne

    "Come to think of it, there are already a million monkeys on a million typewriters, and the Usenet is NOTHING like Shakespeare!"
    - Blair Houghton

    Johari

  11. #11
    machintruc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    3,252
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dee View Post
    what's that?
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...ad.php?t=20935

  12. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    TIM
    TiNe
    Posts
    7,967
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    You're making a model of changeable F.... Interesting, keep us posted. My specialty is conserved F.

  13. #13
    Hot Message FDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Freiburg im Breisgau
    TIM
    ENTj
    Posts
    15,632
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I've got observations about many of those variants. I might try to put them in written form when I'm commuting to and from school.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •