Thread: ENFp in love - from socionics.org

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default ENFp in love - from socionics.org

The following is a machine translation from Socionics.org (Russian site...) I thought that some ppl might find it interesting.

++added: see also Duality observations

ENFP in LOVE: "Too big affinity does not happen"

GENERAL CHARACTERISTIC: the Sphere of their close relations can include not only the spouse, but also the wide range from a domestic command to all community, and they will concern everyone warmly. Their partners in life can feel requirement to argue for attention of ENFP with the diversified people and events.

The FIRST IMPRESSION: Liberated and charming and rather vigorous. They can be at once everywhere, aspiring all<задействовать> and to make happy. As a result of ENFP can seem first a little unduly sensitive and persuasive.

DIALOGUE: They are inclined to blurt out the opinion, their words seem always the burdened emotions. Often they so<настроены на других людей> that perceive their emotions and even involuntarily imitate them. Though they good interlocutors, their enthusiasm can be excessive and tiresome for listeners.

SEX And AFFINITY: Rich imagination ENFP can transform affinity into a constant pursuit of something — even if it seems that the top is reached. The pursuit of perfection in sex can support their deep involvement, vigour and concentration on all aspects and the affinity moments.

FINANCE: If only they do not have special gift in circulation with money, they are inclined to go on a current, doing that seems correct at present. For example, they will replace bank more likely or will get the new account, than will put in order the check-book. In that, as to money, ENFP ordinary move jerky: one week they light up and do not go mad almost because of investments, and other week — to all have grown cold, and them interests nothing. Often they Prefer, that their financial affairs someone conducted another.

The CONFLICT: Their enthusiasm and a spontaneity often lead to conflicts; and during this moment ENFP immediately it wishes to appear somewhere in other place. Unfortunately, their reaction to the conflict often not only does not help, but also aggravates position. For example, they can<ляпнуть> something sharp because of what then suffer conscience.

OBLIGATIONS: Promises are very important for ENFP, the truth, their imagination can cause desire to look<совершенные> for the relation. Though ENFP are true to the vows, natural propensity of this type to imaginations can tempt with its other possibilities even if it never realises them.

PARENTING: These are being in constant development, creative parents encouraging the children. Children feel well and appear in the family centre.

CONTRACTS: For ENFP it is process, instead of the purpose. Therefore the contract, most likely, it will be frequent to be reconsidered. Whatever important and considerable it was, it always can be changed in the light of the new data.

The TERMINATION of RELATIONS: They face with big problems, more than people of all other types, at end of relations. Often ENFP keep for them still for a long time after relations will collapse, trying to understand that was not and why they were comprehended by failure, speaking to itself.
    Last edited by silke; 03-22-2016 at 10:15 PM.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can you give me a link to a non-translated text? I could provide a non-machine translation.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Awesome!!! If we can start getting some of this Russian stuff translated, )I have a feeling that our forum could make quite a big advance...

Here's the link to ENFp in love... (Notice on the left-hand side, all of the ENFp descriptions written in Russian--awesome!)

http://www.socionics.org/type/Defaul...type_love.html

Thanks Ssmall

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok this is my first attempt at translating from Russian in a very long time so bear with me. Please point out what you did not understood from translation so I could improve it and make it more comprehensible. Also please point out incorrect sentence structure or word usage. It ain't that easy for me as neither English nor Russian is my native language. At some parts i changed the sentence a bit in order to make it more comprehensible, so please don't repost it anywhere else without the approval of the author himself (hopefully he is still alive ). You don't need my approval but I'd appreciate if I would be mentioned. Here it goes:

ENFP in LOVE: "There is no such thing as being too close"

GENERAL CHARACTERISTICS: The sphere of their close relationships are not limited to a spouse alone but also applies to a wide circle of people starting from local sports team up to the whole community. Their partners can feel the need to fight for attention of ENFP with all kinds of different people and events.

FIRST IMPRESSION: Liberated and charming, cheerful and very energetic. They can be everywhere at once, trying to impact everyone and to make them happy. As a result an ENFP can seem a little over the top sensitive and irritating at first.

DIALOGUE: They are inclined to blurt out their opinion, their words seem always burdened with emotions. Sometimes they are so focused on other
    people that they take on their emotions and unvoluntarely mimic them. Although they are good interlocutors, their enthusiasm can be excessive and
    tiresome for listeners.

SEX and CLOSENESS: The rich imagination of ENFP can turn closeness into a constant run after something - even if it feels like you reached the top of a mountain (found what you looking for). Their strive for perfection in sex matters can maintain their deep involvment, vigour and concentration, on all aspects and moments of affinity.

FINANCE: Unless they have a special gift in taking care of monetary issues they are inclined to go with the flow and do what seems to be best for
    the moment. For instance they are more inclined to change their bank or open a new bank account than bring an order to their cheque book. In terms
    of what is concerned with money ENFP's are very impulsive: one week they are very fired up and go crazy because of investments while the next week
    they couldn't care less of what is going on in that area and they are totally indifferent. Quite often they prefer that someone else would take care of monetary issues.

CONFLICTS: Their enthusiasm and directness often leads to conflicts. At the exact moment the conflict occurs ENFP outright wants to be someplace
    else. Unfortunately, their reaction to the conflict often not only does not help, but also aggravates the position. For instance they can blurt out
    something sharp (barbed) for which they will be tormented by guild afterwards.

OBLIGATIONS: Vows (obligations in terms of relationship) are very important to ENFP, although to be fair, their imagination can cause a desire to
    look for a perfect relationship. Although ENFP are true to their vows the natural tendency to fantasize of this type can tempt him with other posibilities even if he will never make them to come true.

PARENTING: Parenting is in constant development. They are creative and encouraging their children parents. Children feel well and appear in the
    family center. ENFP's are growing as parents with every captivating day, filled with activities and lessons.

CONTRACTS: For an ENFP it is a process and not a goal. For this reason it is very likely to be reviewed constantly. No matter how important and significant it would be it can always be altered in the light of new data.

RELATIONSHIP ENDING: They face big problems, more than people of other types, with relationship ending. Often ENFP will hold on to it for a
    long time after the relationships has ended trying to figure out what was wrong and why they faced with a failure, saying to themselves "If only I
    would have tried..."
    Last edited by Simon Ssmall; 09-01-2008 at 08:12 AM.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ENFps secretly boss you around with psychological feel good mumbo jumbo while gently coaxing you to do various household chores. They can manipulate ISTps this way but I'd be like "Excuse me, bitch. I know all about what you're trying to do, because I do it to others all the time. Would you kindly fix your OWN broken toaster, feelings whore?"

Once you do whatever they want they overly congratulate you, knowing full well their conflictor would be all "I'M NOT GOING TO LISTEN TO YOU JUST BECAUSE YOU'RE BEING ALL NICE AND FRIENDLY AND SAVE THE WORLD ISH."

The more you knoooooooooooow. *ding*

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ssmall View Post
    Ok this is my first attempt at translating from Russian in a very long time so bear with me. Please point out what you did not understood from translation so I could improve it and make it more comprehensible. Also please point out incorrect sentence structure or word usage. It ain't that easy for me as neither English nor Russian is my native language. At some parts i changed the sentence a bit in order to make it more comprehensible, so please don't repost it anywhere else without the approval of the author himself (hopefully he is still alive ). You don't need my approval but I'd appreciate if I would be mentioned. Here it goes:

GENERAL CHARACTERISTICS: The sphere of their close relationships are not limited to a spouse alone but also applies to a wide circle of people starting from local sports team up to the whole community. Their partners can feel the need to fight for attention of ENFP with all kinds of different people and events.

FIRST IMPRESSION: Liberated and charming, cheerful and very energetic. They can be everywhere at once, trying to impact everyone and to make them happy. As a result an ENFP can seem a little over the top, sensitive and irritating at first.

DIALOGUE: They are inclined to blurt out their opinion. Their words always seem burdened with emotions. Sometimes they are so focused on other people that they take on the other's emotions and involuntarily mimic them. Although they are good interlocutors, their enthusiasm can be excessive and tiresome for listeners.

SEX and CLOSENESS: The rich imagination of ENFP can turn intimacy into a constant goal - even if it feels like you have reached the top of a mountain (attained it). They strive for perfection in matters pertaining to sex and can maintain deep involvment, vigour and concentration, in all aspects and moments of affinity.

FINANCE: Unless they have a special gift in taking care of monetary issues they are inclined to go with the flow and do what seems to be best at the moment. For instance, they are more inclined to change their bank or open a new bank account rather than balance their check book. ENFPs are very impulsive when it comes to money: one week they are very fired up and go crazy over investments while the next week they couldn't care less and are totally indifferent. Quite often they prefer that someone else would take care of fiancial matters.

CONFLICTS: Their enthusiasm and directness often leads to conflicts. When conflict occurs ENFPs wish they were someplace else. Unfortunately, their reaction to conflict, can aggravate a situation instead of helping. For instance, they can blurt out
    something sharp (barbed) for which they will be tormented by guilt afterwards.

OBLIGATIONS: Vows (obligations in terms of relationship) are very important to ENFP, although to be fair, their imagination can cause a desire to look for a perfect relationship. Although ENFPs are true to their vows their natural tendency to fantasize can tempt them with other posibilities even if they will never make them come true.

PARENTING: Parenting is in constant development. They are creative and encouraging to their children. Children are affirmed and take center stage in the family. ENFP's grow as parents with every captivating day, filled with activities and lessons.

CONTRACTS: For an ENFP it is a process and not a goal. For this reason it is very likely to be reviewed constantly. No matter how important and significant it would be it can always be altered in the light of new data.

RELATIONSHIP ENDING: ENFPs face big problems when ending relationships, more than people of other types. Often ENFP will hold on to feelings for a long time after the relationships has ended trying to figure out what went wrong, saying to themselves "If only I had done things differently....."
    Ssmall I'm impressed with your translation. Its great you know some Russian. What is your first language, may I ask? Anyway, thank you. I've done a little modification on it here, simplifying text and spelling. Please read it over and tell me what you think.
    I agree with most of the text here but not all of it. Some of it is a bit exaggerated but its a good description regardless.

Topaz
    The artifact which is the source of my power will not be kept on the Mountain of Despair beyond the River of Fire guarded by the Dragons of Eternity. It will be in my safe-deposit box. The same applies to the object which is my one weakness.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves View Post
    ENFps secretly boss you around with psychological feel good mumbo jumbo while gently coaxing you to do various household chores. They can manipulate ISTps this way but I'd be like "Excuse me, bitch. I know all about what you're trying to do, because I do it to others all the time. Would you kindly fix your OWN broken toaster, feelings whore?"

Once you do whatever they want they overly congratulate you, knowing full well their conflictor would be all "I'M NOT GOING TO LISTEN TO YOU JUST BECAUSE YOU'RE BEING ALL NICE AND FRIENDLY AND SAVE THE WORLD ISH."

Yeah, yeah, yeah, you know you cant resist doing stuff for us. It feed your ego to think you might be useful to someone. Now just simmer down and fix my toaster. Youre a real sweetheart, yknow that.

Topaz
    The artifact which is the source of my power will not be kept on the Mountain of Despair beyond the River of Fire guarded by the Dragons of Eternity. It will be in my safe-deposit box. The same applies to the object which is my one weakness.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeh thanks Topaz, seems nice, just added a small correction in FIRST IMPRESSION in the end. My first language is lithuanian (knowing i come from lithuania its not surprising), second would be english and russian 3rd. I use russian on day to day basis at work but I use simple everyday language and i dont need to write/read in it so it is a bit hard. One way or another I can translate more texts just make suggestions ill pick the one im interested most first (just don't rely on me too much, no idea when my enthusiasm will expire).

FIRST IMPRESSION: Liberated and charming, cheerful and very energetic. They can be everywhere at once, trying to impact everyone and to make them happy. As a result an ENFP can seem a little overly sensitive and irritating at first.

DIALOGUE: They are inclined to blurt out their opinion. Their words always seem burdened with emotions. Sometimes they are so focused on other people that they take on the other's emotions and involuntarily mimic them. Although they are good interlocutors, their enthusiasm can be excessive and tiresome for listeners.

SEX and CLOSENESS: The rich imagination of ENFP can turn intimacy into a constant goal - even if it feels like you have reached the top of a mountain (attained it). They strive for perfection in matters pertaining to sex and can maintain deep involvment, vigour and concentration, in all aspects and moments of affinity.

FINANCE: Unless they have a special gift in taking care of monetary issues they are inclined to go with the flow and do what seems to be best at the moment. For instance, they are more inclined to change their bank or open a new bank account rather than balance their check book. ENFPs are very impulsive when it comes to money: one week they are very fired up and go crazy over investments while the next week they couldn't care less and are totally indifferent. Quite often they prefer that someone else would take care of fiancial matters.

CONFLICTS: Their enthusiasm and directness often leads to conflicts. When conflict occurs ENFPs wish they were someplace else. Unfortunately, their reaction to conflict, can aggravate a situation instead of helping. For instance, they can blurt out something sharp (barbed) for which they will be tormented by guilt afterwards.

OBLIGATIONS: Vows (obligations in terms of relationship) are very important to ENFP, although to be fair, their imagination can cause a desire to look for a perfect relationship. Although ENFPs are true to their vows their natural tendency to fantasize can tempt them with other posibilities even if they will never make them come true.

PARENTING: Parenting is in constant development. They are creative and encouraging to their children. Children are affirmed and take center stage in the family. ENFP's grow as parents with every captivating day, filled with activities and lessons.

RELATIONSHIP ENDING: ENFPs face big problems when ending relationships, more than people of other types. Often ENFP will hold on to feelings for a long time after the relationships has ended trying to figure out what went wrong, saying to themselves "If only I had done things differently....."

Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Small: you're too modest about what you did here: this is great and I think many IEEs will be grateful for this. You've turned a fuzzy story into a spot-on description. If this is IEE, then I am IEE. Thank you!
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol
    EII 4w5

so/sx (?)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ssmall, please do INFJ and ESTJ! =)
    EII; E6(w5)

i am flakey

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ill try to work on INFj one tomorow, no promises though, after that i will be gone for a week (flying home!) so youll have to be patient.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Changed word "CONTRACT" to "MARRIAGE" as I understood this word as that when reading other descriptions (a contract of marriage). This should be more or less final version i guess.

FIRST IMPRESSION: Liberated and charming, cheerful and very energetic. They can be everywhere at once, trying to impact everyone and to make them happy. As a result an ENFP can seem a little overly sensitive and irritating at first.

CONFLICTS: Their enthusiasm and directness often leads to conflicts. When conflict occurs ENFPs wish they were someplace else. Unfortunately, their reaction to conflict, can aggravate a situation instead of helping. For instance, they can blurt out something sharp (barbed) for which they will be tormented by guilt afterwards.

MARRIAGE: For an ENFP it is a process and not a goal. For this reason it is very likely to be reviewed constantly. No matter how important and significant it would be it can always be altered in the light of new data.

Last edited by Simon Ssmall; 09-02-2008 at 11:30 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm inclined to agree with you, ENFPs are incredibly high maintenance compared to the "good things" that are said about ENFPs. When ENFPs get mad they start shouting and screaming and sometimes throw things around. They also are unable to hold stable jobs while idealizing that they should be in high positions where there is status even at the same time. If an ENFP was trying to apply for a management position, I'd probably vote them down all the time. They can also big time troublemakers getting others into trouble or making others feel ridiculed. For anyone getting involved with an ENFP for sex, definitely request a STD test up front and do it again a month after and every couple months.

Their dual ISTP should not be fooled with ENFPs.

TIM
    EII/INFj
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by betterthandead View Post
    I'm inclined to agree with you, ENFPs are incredibly high maintenance compared to the "good things" that are said about ENFPs. When ENFPs get mad they start shouting and screaming and sometimes throw things around.
    Yes because ENFps are the only ones to shout, scream, and "sometimes throw things around", unlike the Drama Queen ENFj or Mount St. ESTp, amirite?

They also are unable to hold stable jobs while idealizing that they should be in high positions where there is status even at the same time.
    O rly? Yes because we ENFps are sooooo good at handling status, fame, success, or even notoriety that those positions are just ^_^ ohhh soooo delectable! What more could an ENFp want than to have more pressure and scrutiny from having such positions? Sounds fantastic to me, I know!

If an ENFP was trying to apply for a management position, I'd probably vote them down all the time.
    Not that you'd have any say in that should such a situation arise. I mean, not that we're actively looking for such positions, but remember that when we actually do attain positions like this, it's on the recommendation of direct supervisors, not from a democratically chosen consensus. We know how to work through the ranks and not suck up to other people.

They can also big time troublemakers getting others into trouble or making others feel ridiculed. For anyone getting involved with an ENFP for sex, definitely request a STD test up front and do it again a month after and every couple months.
    Yes because what says loyal and staying out of trouble like debauchery and doing whatever the fuck you want whenever you want?

I don't know if you realize this, but we actually don't mess around with ISTps. In fact, because ISTps like to be *ahem* LEFT ALONE, our approach is actually *gasp* welcomed by them.

Shocking, I know.
    INFj

9w1 sp/sx

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm inclined to agree with you, ENFPs are incredibly high maintenance compared to the "good things" that are said about ENFPs. When ENFPs get mad they start shouting and screaming and sometimes throw things around. They also are unable to hold stable jobs while idealizing that they should be in high positions where there is status even at the same time. If an ENFP was trying to apply for a management position, I'd probably vote them down all the time. They can also big time troublemakers getting others into trouble or making others feel ridiculed. For anyone getting involved with an ENFP for sex, definitely request a STD test up front and do it again a month after and every couple months.

HEY, YOMAMA!

Topaz

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Topaz View Post
    Yeah, yeah, yeah, you know you cant resist doing stuff for us. It feed your ego to think you might be useful to someone. Now just simmer down and fix my toaster. Youre a real sweetheart, yknow that.
    That's a total pwn. I confess my overwhelming desire to caretake the IEE.
    Can I feed you? Please have some! Care to try this flavor? Do you need a napkin?

socio: INFp - IEI
    ennea: 4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Twain
    Only kings, presidents, editors, and people with tapeworms have the right to use the editorial 'we'.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"High maintenance" is an issue of relation, not type. My ex-ENTj boyfriend told me over and over again how high maintenance I was. I assumed I was. After my ISTp husband and I were married for a little while, I needed his help for some reason or another, and after I asked him for help, I apologized for being high maintenance. He looked at me funny and said, "High maintenance? You're the lowest maintenance person I've ever met."

If you need Si and you ask an ENTj for it, you are high maintenance. But if you need Si and you ask an ISTp for it, you aren't.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

TIM
    IEE-Ne
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Synthesizing what Slacker Mom said:

One thing that everyone must understand is that human definitions are always relative; thus subjective. There are not valid absolute claims.

Thus stating that "IEEs are high maintenance" is absurd.
    [] | NP | 3[6w5]8 so/sp | Type thread | My typing of forum members | Johari (Strengths) | Nohari (Weaknesses)

You know what? You're an individual, and that makes people nervous. And it's gonna keep making people nervous for the rest of your life.
    - Ole Golly from Harriet, the spy.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm inclined to agree with you, ENFPs are incredibly high maintenance compared to the "good things" that are said about ENFPs. When ENFPs get mad they start shouting and screaming and sometimes throw things around. They also are unable to hold stable jobs... They can also big time troublemakers getting others into trouble or making others feel ridiculed.

I just had an STD test... Frankly, I'm shocked I'm clean

Honestly, betterthandead's post has truth in it... On this forum, occasionally it seems like ENFps come across as goody-two-shoes--regardless, always good-natured--and that ain't always the case... There is a dark-side on which few have touched, (but betterthandead is starting to do so.)

Sometimes ENFps can be mischievous trouble-makers--their Ne curiosity getting them into all sorts of weird situations with questionable people, e.g. luring them to ghettos to buy cheap heroin from guys named "Business," (best street name ever, btw.)

ENFps have a temper about which little is yet written--betterthandead's post touches on this... In in times such as those, there is sometimes ridiculing, (caveat: ENFps will rake themselves over the coals for this behavior.)

Betterthandead, are you SLI?
    Last edited by JuJu; 09-03-2008 at 05:22 AM.

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is a perfect description of pathologically behaving IEEs. The ones that are either highly narcissistic or histrionic. Or do you think that all IEEs are like this?
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JuJu View Post
    I did just had an STD test... Frankly, I'm shocked I'm clean
    I had several in my life and always turned out negative, even that one time where I had been having unprotected sex with a woman for two months who one evening told me she was diagnosed with chlamydia. This made me very suspicious of her faithfulness of course, but according to my doctor this was perfectly possible.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by consentingadult View Post
    I had several in my life and always turned out negative, even that one time where I had been having unprotected sex with a woman for two months who one evening told me she was diagnosed with chlamydia. This made me very suspicious of her faithfulness of course, but according to my doctor this was perfectly possible.
    LOL!! I'm happy that you made it out of that situation ok... If a girl told me something like that before some kinda intimacy, that'd be when I'd start thinkin very seriously about, well... At least, wrappin the johnson.

ENFps aren't angels--I'll speak for myself... I've done things I'm less than proud of with ppl who were pretty nihilistic... To be honest, from those situations, I probably learned more than I did in college.

Some of the personality type descriptions of ENFps--I agree with betterthandead--(less so the Socionics descriptions than MBTI and Keirsey,) make us sound like carebears... Not like the sometimes over-sexed, drugged-out, novelty-seekers ENFps can be; not like occasionally petty hypochondriacs with short-fuses...

I really like you SLIs--every SLI on this forum... I'm being honest--even ones that don't post anymore, like IcePick... That's why I don't want you to get the wrong idea about us, e.g. that we're pure carebear... There's that aspect to us, but we're also kinda crazy. And sometimes we get impulsive.

In some of the dual descriptions of SLI-IEE, (prob none of them written by either type,) the authors make it sound like the SLI is pretty much a robot, and the ENFp is some humanizing angel... Honestly, to me, the best way to describe this dual combo is 'adventurous...' And as we know, some adventures are good; others can end in jail

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A person of any type can be a jerk or a fool. What type are you Betterthandead?

Topaz

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Never had drugs, never had STD's or unprotected sex. Granted im not goody-two-shoes and never have been, never said so, people just get that impression (in real life), which is incorrect. One way or another drugs, unprotected sex and whatnot is not type related.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No Juju, just someone who knows a couple ENFPs.

Quote Originally Posted by JuJu View Post
    I just had an STD test... Frankly, I'm shocked I'm clean

Honestly, betterthandead's post has truth in it... On this forum, occasionally it seems like ENFps come across as goody-two-shoes--regardless, always good-natured--and that ain't always the case... There is a dark-side on which few have touched, (but betterthandead is starting to do so.)

Sometimes ENFps can be mischievous trouble-makers--their Ne curiosity getting them into all sorts of weird situations with questionable people, e.g. luring them to ghettos to buy cheap heroin from guys named "Business," (best street name ever, btw.)

ENFps have a temper about which little is yet written--betterthandead's post touches on this... In in times such as those, there is sometimes ridiculing, (caveat: ENFps will rake themselves over the coals for this behavior.)

Betterthandead, are you SLI?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm within the same family.

A person of any type can be a jerk or a fool. What type are you Betterthandead?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some of you ISTPs are big losers, socially inept at times. Taking things at ease and let someone else do all the work. Lack of initiative unless it serves your purpose whatever it is.

Quote Originally Posted by songofsappho View Post
    I don't have time to say much right now, but I wanted to highlight this as a post that I think is really important to pay attention to. I agree with you, JuJu, about the descriptions of IEEs and SLIs and their relations of duality not always matching the reality... so much to say, but it'll have to wait for now....

Creepy-Cyclops

I know an IEE IRL who's experimented with a fair amount of sleeping around, is financially unstable and can be seen as selfish. I've known her for quite a while. What's interesting is i've never really looked down on her for it, i've just sort of playfully scolded her for some of her behaviour from time to time, which we've both sort of laughed about.

Creepy-

Some of you ISTPs are big losers, socially inept at times. Taking things at ease and let someone else do all the work. Lack of initiative unless it serves your purpose whatever it is.
    I'm not sure how to take this comment, betterthandead. Did you mean to be an ass in response to my comment, or was it more of a general observation? Either way, I wonder if you would elaborate.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He reminds me of MySaviour.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Please dont respond to Betterthandead. He's a mudracker! I was curious and looked at his previous post. He's been skipping all through the socion starting trouble. Saying all kinds of negative crap about each type. Then to cover his tracks he goes and deletes his post. He's not very good at it though. If you look now you will see there are still traces of his handy work.
    You will find high class and low class versions of all types.
    You will find people of all types that are ghetto. Even if they dont live in a ghetto.
    We all have our faults I but start getting ticked when someone start labling an entire type in such a negative way. We should focus on our own experiences but dont say 'all type xxxx are sluts or whatever'.

Topaz

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Please dont respond to Betterthandead. He's a mudracker! I was curious and looked at his previous post. He's been skipping all through the socion starting trouble. Saying all kinds of negative crap about each type. Then to cover his tracks he goes and deletes his post. He's not very good at it though. If you look now you will see there are still traces of his handy work.
    You will find people of all types that are ghetto. Even if they dont live in a ghetto.
    We all have our faults I but start getting ticked when someone start labling an entire type in such a negative way. We should focus on our own experiences but dont say 'all type xxxx are sluts or whatever'.
    Yes, I agree. All types have possible bad and possible good. There are going to be good and bad people, healthy and unhealthy people, of every type. There are certainly slutty ENFps. (Again, I hold Jude Law up as an example.) That doesn't mean all are.
    -Mark Twain

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://static.howstuffworks.com/gif/...1171990116.jpg

That's your car, I drive a $300,000 Lambofghandi XRS-3

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker Mom View Post
    He reminds me of MySaviour.
    whoa, name from the grave.

i really like the description at any rate. seems accurate from what i've seen as well.
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Strange, my ISTp dad is a doctor who has slaved away for our entire family for 20 years getting little emotional support in return ... mostly just resentment. well anyway, you can go fuck yourself.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well. This is all eerily accurate. Except for the comments about violent bitchy fits - it's almost impossible for someone else to frustrate me. Anyone's flaws are humanity's flaws, which are my flaws, and all that. Wouldn't that be normal for ENFps, since we operate around theories of cosmic connectedness?

Do any of you ENFps have impossible standards when it comes to love? I have no problem loving, platonically, everyone I meet, but I'm in my junior year of college and I have yet to come across anyone who I think is...ugh..."worthy" of me. It's such ugly narcissism. I hate the fact that I always feel removed while making out; that I'm never emotionally into it, that I always feel like I'm toying with the guy's heart. I have to watch myself carefully to avoid manipulating men, and the knowledge that it would be so effortless to make them fall head-over-heels for me is, well, a turn-off. {I hate admitting that.} Even when I desperately want to have stars in my eyes, when I respect the hell out of someone, I still can't seem to get butterflies.

So, uh, now that I've bared my soul, anyone want to make me feel less inhuman?
    Last edited by Eryn; 09-13-2008 at 03:48 AM.
    ENFp

We come to love not by finding a perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly. -Sam Keen

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eryn View Post
    Do any of you ENFps have impossible standards when it comes to love? I have no problem loving, platonically, everyone I meet, but I'm in my junior year of college and I have yet to come across anyone who I think is...ugh..."worthy" of me. It's my tiny, dark, narcissistic secret. I hate the fact that I always feel removed while making out; that I'm never emotionally into it, that I always feel like I'm toying with the guy's heart. I have to watch myself carefully to avoid manipulating men, and the knowledge that it would be so effortless to make them fall head-over-heels for me is, well, a turn-off. {I hate admitting that.} Even when I desperately want to have stars in my eyes, when I respect the hell out of someone, I still can't seem to get butterflies.

hey, don't worry about it. plenty of people do this and feel this way. it doesn't make you a bad person. it's sort of an inevitable part of "checking someone out." the thing is that you can't know if you like him at that point and he can't expect you to, so the manipulation aspect isn't really a possibility. I mean, plenty of people date and don't expect themselves to know if they like someone. Malicious would only be if you strung someone along for an extended period of time without a doubt that you didn't like him, though you made him think differently all the while. it doesn't sound like you're doing that.
    the fact that you feel like you are manipulating guys could also be due to college. more likely, you're just acting in a way that you don't really see as reflective of yourself or your values. it happens to a lot of people in college because the environment is really fake and sort of requires you to project yourself and fend for "hot guys" or whatever. it gets better when you get out. i promise.
    and, yeah, i know exactly what you mean about "feeling removed." i always describe it as feeling like i'm just "going through the motions." and i don't lie about or exaggerate things, but at the same time i don't think they're at all aware that i'm not completely into it.
    and there's no such thing as too high standards. if you feel like you're settling, then you will be (to yourself, even if the guy is objectively great). i think high standards are a good thing actually; at least you'll know what you like when you see it.
    EII; E6(w5)

i am flakey

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well. This is all eerily accurate. Except for the comments about violent bitchy fits - it's almost impossible for someone else to frustrate me. Anyone's flaws are humanity's flaws, which are my flaws, and all that. Wouldn't that be normal for ENFps, since we operate around theories of cosmic connectedness?

Do any of you ENFps have impossible standards when it comes to love? I have no problem loving, platonically, everyone I meet, but I'm in my junior year of college and I have yet to come across anyone who I think is...ugh..."worthy" of me. It's such ugly narcissism. I hate the fact that I always feel removed while making out; that I'm never emotionally into it, that I always feel like I'm toying with the guy's heart. I have to watch myself carefully to avoid manipulating men, and the knowledge that it would be so effortless to make them fall head-over-heels for me is, well, a turn-off. {I hate admitting that.} Even when I desperately want to have stars in my eyes, when I respect the hell out of someone, I still can't seem to get butterflies.

yeah I feel you on this.

Topaz

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It pains me how I relate to that...i'm not sure I can love a person in the popular sense or have feelings I make other people feel. I have yet to meet a person id loose my mind for. There's only one person I can speak about it with (she is ENFp) and I call myself a robot. No idea how to make you feel more human as sometimes I don't feel like one myself.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast