Thread: I feel hurt

Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default I feel hurt

My feelings were hurt today: me and my gf got on our bicycles and started cycling, and decided on the way to head for the beach. Halfway Amsterdam and the coast we saw two guys walking with their bikes in their hands, in the middle of nowhere. So I asked if they had a flat tire, and indeed this was the case. I offered them the use of my repair kit, which they gladly accepted (from there, it was a two, three hour walk to Amsterdam).

Now I was all dressed in white and didn't want to get my hands dirty, so I had them repair it themselves. They had no clue how to do it, so I gave instructions. Step by step I explained what to do. At some stage, one of them said: "you go step by step, that points to a logical mind!" I immediate got defensive: "No I am not, that's just my didactic qualities! And I just listened very well to my brothers, who are mechanics!" They hurt my feelings, because the very fact that I stopped and offered my help were probably a kazillion other cyclists had passed them already, was apparently totally ignored. Pffff.... I'll see about pulling over the next time

Okay now,what is your vote? ILE or SLI??
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

Creepy-Cyclops

I remember going out for a quick 20 mile cycle in a rush, left house quickly, in the haste didn't lift spare tube or bicyclie pump, and should only take about an hour..but got puncture. Fellow road bike cyclist pulled over and gave me a repair kit tyre levers and a pump for free as he was in hurry also!

Sort of act that he did, someone I didn't know, it helped restore and therefore boost some of my views of humanity. He must have been delta to be so helpful.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by consentingadult View Post
    My feelings were hurt today: me and my gf got on our bicycles and started cycling, and decided on the way to head for the beach. Halfway Amsterdam and the coast we saw two guys walking with their bikes in their hands, in the middle of nowhere. So I asked if they had a flat tire, and indeed this was the case. I offered them the use of my repair kit, which they gladly accepted (from there, it was a two, three hour walk to Amsterdam).

Now I was all dressed in white and didn't want to get my hands dirty, so I had them repair it themselves. They had no clue how to do it, so I gave instructions. Step by step I explained what to do. At some stage, one of them said: "you go step by step, that points to a logical mind!" I immediate got defensive: "No I am not, that's just my didactic qualities! And I just listened very well to my brothers, who are mechanics!" They hurt my feelings, because the very fact that I stopped and offered my help were probably a kazillion other cyclists had passed them already, was apparently totally ignored. Pffff.... I'll see about pulling over the next time

Okay now,what is your vote? ILE or SLI??
    You're too sensitive. The guy was just trying to pay you a compliment.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy View Post
    I'm afraid I made a mistake and should have posted a podcast instead
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So... you didn't actually feel hurt? And you're not actually considering ILE or SLI?
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyway, I guess you are right, the guy did try to pay me a compliment. I have a female friend who also often praises me for my structural approach to things. EDIT TO ADD: I wonder why she does this, because I don't see it as the defining characteristic of our frienship.

I forgot to add, btw, that when my GF and I drove off after the pull-over, she said: "now this is one of the reasons why I love you..."

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So... you didn't actually feel hurt? And you're not actually considering ILE or SLI?
    No not really, I should have used some smilies, but over th past few years, I have developed an allergy towards the excessive use of them.

But I must admit, when the guy said it, I was a little bit defensive, although in a friendly way.

As to the type, that was sort of joking as well. I think if anyone would speak out on my type, whichever one, it would probably only add to my confusion and insecurities. Look at it as a form of self-mockery.

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    I remember going out for a quick 20 mile cycle in a rush, left house quickly, in the haste didn't lift spare tube or bicyclie pump, and should only take about an hour..but got puncture. Fellow road bike cyclist pulled over and gave me a repair kit tyre levers and a pump for free as he was in hurry also!

Sort of act that he did, someone I didn't know, it helped restore and therefore boost some of my views of humanity. He must have been delta to be so helpful.
    that's also my experience. I often listen to accounts of people bitching about public situations in which they should have gotten help, but didn't get any. For each one of those account, I can tell one of my own with an opposite experience.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Please don't start off on the premise that you are potentially one of two wildly different types. Otherwise it makes it sound like you have little idea about what quadra values are. Always always always sort out your quadra values initially. I'd be glad to help if you want me too.

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra View Post
    Please don't start off on the premise that you are potentially one of two wildly different types. Otherwise it makes it sound like you have little idea about what quadra values are. Always always always sort out your quadra values initially. I'd be glad to help if you want me too.
    You are taking it too seriously, but I'll think it'll be a fun exercise to give this a try.

Shoot!

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ne/Si, to me, is a given, simply demonstrated by your general attitudes towards socionics and probably life in general. "A fun exercise" is connotative of Alpha NT, and the very fact that you refer to it as "fun" implies some kind of restlessness; EP is my guess. Hence, ILE. Intuitively, you're not an SLI, but I'd need some video footage of you (maybe just discussing yourself and your ideas or opinions or beliefs) to confirm this. I find that the most common factor for deducing that someone is Te creative is by observing their PoLR. Fe PoLR I've discovered is probably the easiest PoLR to spot, and on webcam, it really comes out as obvious.

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ne/Si, to me, is a given, simply demonstrated by your general attitudes towards socionics and probably life in general. "A fun exercise" is connotative of Alpha NT, and the very fact that you refer to it as "fun" implies some kind of restlessness; EP is my guess. Hence, ILE. Intuitively, you're not an SLI, but I'd need some video footage of you (maybe just discussing yourself and your ideas or opinions or beliefs) to confirm this. I find that the most common factor for deducing that someone is Te creative is by observing their PoLR. Fe PoLR I've discovered is probably the easiest PoLR to spot, and on webcam, it really comes out as obvious.
    Are you trying to find my type starting from scratch, or are you trying to decide between ILE or SLI (which your reply seems to suggest)? The latter I would find highly uninteresting.

I'm not opposed to video, but I'm going through a period of depressions, so you would only see a dysthymic, 'exhausted' person. Let's stick with questions and answers first, perhaps later we cab have an msn webcam chat.

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ne/Si, to me, is a given, simply demonstrated by your general attitudes towards socionics and probably life in general.
    P.S. I would like to add: the sentence above is not an invalid way of typing, but it cannot serve as an argument fot the purposes of this discussion. Try to be a bit more specific.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by consentingadult View Post
    The latter I would find highly uninteresting.
    Yeahhh, you're ILE.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This definitely made me "WTF". I have no idea why hurt feelings would even enter your mind in that kind of circumstance. Strange...
    ILE
    7w8 so/sp

Very busy with work. Only kind of around.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My feelings were hurt reading this post.
    "Those who make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities..."

- Voltaire

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wouldn't be hurt if someone called me logical. I'd probably think I'd done something right that day. I have no idea why anyone would take that in a bad way but I can't imagine an SLI being offended by that either. I don't think your reaction is related to type though.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are you people really serious? Next time I'll remember to insert smilies throughout my posts

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

uh .... not SLI. Fe polr ... i can't see an SLI saying "my feelings were hurt", let alone talking about how he stopped and helped some stranded bikers