Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 158

Thread: Gammas and the Ad Hominem fallacy

  1. #1
    Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    2,787
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Gammas and the Ad Hominem fallacy

    Quote Originally Posted by Expat View Post
    If you think that what she has is the "Fe pathetic hidden agenda" as I described it, then you totally misunderstand her motives imo, so I don't think there would be much point discussing it from the socionics PoV right now.
    Gammas suchs as Expat, Niffweed and Phaedrus are simply frauds. This is why:

    Ad Hominem

    Remember this when they try beat you into submission by claiming you are not smart enough, or simply an idiot. This is not what they really think of you on the cognitive level, in reality they are afraid of you, and thus you must be 'destroyed'. Their very self-esteem depends on it.

    With that in the back of your mind, you can only feel sorry for them. Don't think too bad of them, but make sure you don't suffer yourself either by letting them get to you.
    The future of Socionics:
    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    Many black Americans are SEE type.

  2. #2
    Elro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Not here
    Posts
    2,796
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    "you misunderstand" = ad hominem?
    Quote Originally Posted by Logos
    Holy mud-wrestling bipolar donkeys, Batman!

    Retired from posting and drawing Social Security. E-mail or PM to contact.


    I pity your souls

  3. #3
    implied's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    7,750
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elro View Post
    "you misunderstand" = ad hominem?
    lol, i was wondering about that.
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    8,578
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by consentingadult View Post
    Gammas suchs as Expat, Niffweed and Phaedrus are simply frauds. This is why:

    Ad Hominem

    Remember this when they try beat you into submission by claiming you are not smart enough, or simply an idiot. This is not what they really think of you on the cognitive level, in reality they are afraid of you, and thus you must be 'destroyed'. Their very self-esteem depends on it.

    With that in the back of your mind, you can only feel sorry for them. Don't think too bad of them, but make sure you don't suffer yourself either by letting them get to you.
    your argument is wrong for the following reason: you cannot answer the following question:

    in a right triangle ABC with right angle C, CA = 30 and CB = 16. it's legs CA and CB are extended beyond A and B. points O1 and O2 lie in the exterior of the triangle and are the centers of two circles with equal radii. The circle with center O1 is tangent to the hypotenuse and to the extension of leg CA, the circle with center O2 is tangent to the hypotenuse and to the extension of leg CB, and the circles are externally tangent to each other. The length of the radius of either circle can be expressed as p/q, where p and q are relatively prime positive integers. Find p+q.

  5. #5
    Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    2,787
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elro View Post
    "you misunderstand" = ad hominem?
    No, evading discussion on the basis that the opponent misunderstands is.

    I was very much willing to learn from Expat, but he chose not to explain himself on the basis that my understanding is wrong. I can accept the latter, but not if he is not willing to show me where I, and others, go wrong.

    I think Expat has a need to be perceived as an authority on Socionics, and that he perceive me, and others, as a threat that undermines that authority. Too bad for him.
    The future of Socionics:
    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    Many black Americans are SEE type.

  6. #6
    Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    2,787
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by niffweed17 View Post
    your argument is wrong for the following reason: you cannot answer the following question:

    in a right triangle ABC with right angle C, CA = 30 and CB = 16. it's legs CA and CB are extended beyond A and B. points O1 and O2 lie in the exterior of the triangle and are the centers of two circles with equal radii. The circle with center O1 is tangent to the hypotenuse and to the extension of leg CA, the circle with center O2 is tangent to the hypotenuse and to the extension of leg CB, and the circles are externally tangent to each other. The length of the radius of either circle can be expressed as p/q, where p and q are relatively prime positive integers. Find p+q.
    I indeed can't. But hey, I get laid several times a week
    The future of Socionics:
    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    Many black Americans are SEE type.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    907
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by consentingadult View Post
    I indeed can't. But hey, I get laid several times a week
    Nice Ad Hominem there, dude
    INFp

    If your sea chart does not match reality, go with reality (Old mariner saying)



  8. #8
    Elro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Not here
    Posts
    2,796
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by consentingadult View Post
    I think Expat has a need to be perceived as an authority on Socionics, and that he perceive me, and others, as a threat that undermines that authority.
    And what made you come to that conclusion as opposed to some other explanation?
    Quote Originally Posted by Logos
    Holy mud-wrestling bipolar donkeys, Batman!

    Retired from posting and drawing Social Security. E-mail or PM to contact.


    I pity your souls

  9. #9
    Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    2,787
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wittmont View Post
    Nice Ad Hominem there, dude
    I plead guilty as charged (do you??). I don't even have to proof that, I already have provided ample evidence in writing in several threads on this forum that the reasons for my presence here are pathological in nature
    The future of Socionics:
    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    Many black Americans are SEE type.

  10. #10
    Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    2,787
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elro View Post
    And what made you come to that conclusion as opposed to some other explanation?
    There are always other possible explanations, but based on my understanding I cannot assume there is one.

    Had Expat said something to the effect as "I don't have the time", "I'm not willing" or another sensible argument, I would have respected that. But not this type of thing.

    But since you are speaking of it, what other explanation could there be? Elaborate!
    The future of Socionics:
    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    Many black Americans are SEE type.

  11. #11
    implied's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    7,750
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elro View Post
    And what made you come to that conclusion as opposed to some other explanation?
    projection?
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

  12. #12
    Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    2,787
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by implied View Post
    projection?
    That's a possibility indeed, but I reject it. I stand by my statement.
    The future of Socionics:
    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    Many black Americans are SEE type.

  13. #13

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    4,833
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by consentingadult View Post
    Gammas suchs as Expat, Niffweed and Phaedrus are simply frauds. This is why:

    Ad Hominem

    Remember this when they try beat you into submission by claiming you are not smart enough, or simply an idiot. This is not what they really think of you on the cognitive level, in reality they are afraid of you, and thus you must be 'destroyed'. Their very self-esteem depends on it.
    No, you are wrong. I am not trying to argue for anything when I claim that you are an idiot. I am just stating a fact. That fact has nothing to do with the issue at stake, and -- I repeat -- it is not intended as an argument for anything.

  14. #14
    Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    2,787
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus View Post
    No, you are wrong. I am not trying to argue for anything when I claim that you are an idiot. I am just stating a fact. That fact has nothing to do with the issue at stake, and -- I repeat -- it is not intended as an argument for anything.
    Well, what do you say... I don't recall you ever explaining yourself so eloquently as in this post.
    The future of Socionics:
    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    Many black Americans are SEE type.

  15. #15
    Elro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Not here
    Posts
    2,796
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by consentingadult View Post
    There are always other possible explanations, but based on my understanding I cannot assume there is one.

    Had Expat said something to the effect as "I don't have the time", "I'm not willing" or another sensible argument, I would have respected that. But not this type of thing.

    But since you are speaking of it, what other explanation could there be? Elaborate!
    I believe you answered your own question. (See bolded above.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Logos
    Holy mud-wrestling bipolar donkeys, Batman!

    Retired from posting and drawing Social Security. E-mail or PM to contact.


    I pity your souls

  16. #16
    Actor and Humanitarian Christian Bale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    54
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Are you acting, or are you really all morons?

  17. #17
    Elro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Not here
    Posts
    2,796
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Nope, I'm really a moron.
    Quote Originally Posted by Logos
    Holy mud-wrestling bipolar donkeys, Batman!

    Retired from posting and drawing Social Security. E-mail or PM to contact.


    I pity your souls

  18. #18

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    8,578
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Christian Bale View Post
    Are you acting, or are you really all morons?
    your argument is wrong for the following reason: you cannot answer the following question:

    in a right triangle ABC with right angle C, CA = 30 and CB = 16. it's legs CA and CB are extended beyond A and B. points O1 and O2 lie in the exterior of the triangle and are the centers of two circles with equal radii. The circle with center O1 is tangent to the hypotenuse and to the extension of leg CA, the circle with center O2 is tangent to the hypotenuse and to the extension of leg CB, and the circles are externally tangent to each other. The length of the radius of either circle can be expressed as p/q, where p and q are relatively prime positive integers. Find p+q.

  19. #19
    Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    2,787
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elro View Post
    I believe you answered your own question. (See bolded above.)
    No, because that is NOT what Expat said. Now I typically don't take people's words literally, always seeking some hidden motives or hidden meanings behind them, but in this particular case I see no reason to deviate from what he said.
    The future of Socionics:
    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    Many black Americans are SEE type.

  20. #20
    So fluffeh. Cuddly McFluffles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    TIM
    ESI
    Posts
    2,780
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Christian Bale View Post
    Are you acting, or are you really all morons?
    We're all morons.

    Welcome to the16types.
    Johari/Nohari

    "Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

    Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

  21. #21
    Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    2,787
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Christian Bale View Post
    Are you acting, or are you really all morons?
    We are all morons, venting out our pathologies. Take my advice and get out while you still can, because this forum is addictive and before you know it, you're hooked!
    The future of Socionics:
    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    Many black Americans are SEE type.

  22. #22
    Elro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Not here
    Posts
    2,796
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by consentingadult View Post
    No, because that is NOT what Expat said. Now I typically don't take people's words literally, always seeking some hidden motives or hidden meanings behind them, but in this particular case I see no reason to deviate from what he said.
    But you seem to be deviating from what he said in that... oh never mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Logos
    Holy mud-wrestling bipolar donkeys, Batman!

    Retired from posting and drawing Social Security. E-mail or PM to contact.


    I pity your souls

  23. #23
    Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    2,787
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elro View Post
    But you seem to be deviating from what he said in that... oh, never mind.
    Yeah, good idea.
    The future of Socionics:
    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    Many black Americans are SEE type.

  24. #24
    Elro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Not here
    Posts
    2,796
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    My avatar is really appropriate today.
    Quote Originally Posted by Logos
    Holy mud-wrestling bipolar donkeys, Batman!

    Retired from posting and drawing Social Security. E-mail or PM to contact.


    I pity your souls

  25. #25
    Actor and Humanitarian Christian Bale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    54
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by consentingadult View Post
    We are all morons, venting out our pathologies. Take my advice and get out while you still can, because this forum is addictive and before you know it, you're hooked!
    As if I'd take my advice from you.

  26. #26
    Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    2,787
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Christian Bale View Post
    As if I'd take my advice from you.
    Ah, you're hooked already Well, then, welcome to this forum!
    The future of Socionics:
    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    Many black Americans are SEE type.

  27. #27
    Actor and Humanitarian Christian Bale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    54
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by consentingadult View Post
    Ah, you're hooked already Well, then, welcome to this forum!
    How did you become spokesperson of the forum? Did someone die, or do you have an ego complex?

  28. #28
    Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    2,787
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Christian Bale View Post
    How did you become spokesperson of the forum? Did someone die, or do you have an ego complex?
    1. I spoke only for myself
    2. I do have an ego complex indeed, it's called Narcissistic Personality Disorder in the DSM IV, and more specifically, Depressed/Depleted Narcissistic Personality Disorder in the PDM.

    Does this answer your questions?
    The future of Socionics:
    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    Many black Americans are SEE type.

  29. #29
    So fluffeh. Cuddly McFluffles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    TIM
    ESI
    Posts
    2,780
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by consentingadult View Post
    1. I spoke only for myself
    2. I do have an ego complex indeed, it's called Narcissistic Personality Disorder in the DSM IV, and more specifically, Depressed/Depleted Narcissistic Personality Disorder in the PDM.

    Does this answer your questions?
    *pokes* I do believe said person is baiting you. Or just bad at Fe.
    Johari/Nohari

    "Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

    Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

  30. #30
    Actor and Humanitarian Christian Bale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    54
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by consentingadult View Post
    1. I spoke only for myself
    2. I do have an ego complex indeed, it's called Narcissistic Personality Disorder in the DSM IV, and more specifically, Depressed/Depleted Narcissistic Personality Disorder in the PDM.

    Does this answer your questions?
    No, as you have not been satisfactorily belittled yet.

    It is clear that if you cannot create a new identity that you should accept yourself as you are, warts and all.

    You should not belittle others in order to make yourself feel important unless you are exceptionally talented.

    Only one individual in every generation has this gift, and I know that this individual is not you.

  31. #31
    Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    2,787
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Christian Bale View Post
    No, as you have not been satisfactorily belittled yet.

    It is clear that if you cannot create a new identity that you should accept yourself as you are, warts and all.

    You should not belittle others in order to make yourself feel important unless you are exceptionally talented.

    Only one individual in every generation has this gift, and I know that this individual is not you.
    I know all this on a rational level, but it hasn't quite settled on the cognitive level, but thank you for reminding me anyway. I don't think it will help in the short term however, so just suffer my annoying behavior or just ignore me, whatever you wish.
    The future of Socionics:
    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    Many black Americans are SEE type.

  32. #32
    Actor and Humanitarian Christian Bale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    54
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    If you pursue, you will always be late. You must overtake and create.

  33. #33
    Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    2,787
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Christian Bale View Post
    If you pursue, you will always be late. You must overtake and create.
    "Take one step at a time", my therapist says. In his opinion, I try to focus too much on the end result, as if it is something to be taken in one big step, which is why I was getting nowhere in life, and to some extent, still am. I have no other option than to follow his lead.

    "Overtake and create" is good for cheap self-help books, which I tried since my early twenties, and only got me into deeper illusions of being in control.
    The future of Socionics:
    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    Many black Americans are SEE type.

  34. #34
    Creepy-Diana

    Default

    .

  35. #35
    Actor and Humanitarian Christian Bale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    54
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Only some individuals are truly great. But correctly assessing that you will never amount to much is a skill in itself.

  36. #36
    Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    2,787
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Christian Bale View Post
    Only some individuals are truly great. But correctly assessing that you will never amount to much is a skill in itself.
    Not just that, it is also a great relieve of existential stress. My goal in life is to be happy with just a hammock, a little bit of sunshine and a decent sandwich. A girl friend who helps me through the distress I already have.
    The future of Socionics:
    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    Many black Americans are SEE type.

  37. #37
    Actor and Humanitarian Christian Bale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    54
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Diana View Post
    *eats fortune cookie* So. . . are you really a new person, or just an old person acting like they're a new person to the forum?
    Are you a new person pretending to be an old person?

  38. #38
    Creepy-Diana

    Default

    .

  39. #39
    Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    2,787
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    @ Christian Bale: one of our most appreciated forum members, Expat, has created a list that he calls the Pathetic Hidden Agenda. Are you new to Socionics? If not, wouldn't you say statements such as "Overtake and Create' reveal an so-called Se-hidden agenda? Or otherwise an Se-valuing approach?

    By the way, you haven't introduced yourself yet. What brought you to this forum? Don't flatter me by saying it was to belittle me, that would be to much honor, and not very good for a recovering narcissist like me.
    Last edited by consentingadult; 08-30-2008 at 01:57 AM. Reason: typo
    The future of Socionics:
    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    Many black Americans are SEE type.

  40. #40
    Actor and Humanitarian Christian Bale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    54
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by consentingadult View Post
    @ Christian Bale: one of our most appreciated forum members, Expat, has created a list that he calls the Pathetic Hidden Agenda. Are you new to Socionics? If not, wouldn't you say statements such as "Overtake and Create' reveal an so-called Se-hidden agenda? Or otherwise an Se-valuing approach?

    By the way, you haven't introduced yourself yet. What brought you to this forum? Don't flatter me by saying it was to belittle me, that would be to much honor, and not very good for a recovering narcissist like me.
    I was an integral part of this big project at work recently, but I was not fully recognised for my work due to circumstances which befell one of my coworkers. I lost the plot somewhat, and subsequently became interested in psychology and socionics.

    There is a danger of reading too much into my statements. There is much more to me than that.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •