Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tony Robbins

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Tony is more aware of Fe because it is not only his Role function, but also because he is Type 3 in the Enneagram.
    Type 3s are very focused on what kind of behaviour elicits the most favourable response from other people.
    (That is also why they are often called "chameleons" – they adapt to what other people find the most appealing etc.)

In Tony's case, he has learned that using his Fe Role more produces more favourable results. That does not mean he actually "values" Fe.
    I would not say he is 4D Fe either. I'd say his overemphasis on Fe Role, being Type 3 and Se HA result in mistypings as SEE or EIE.
    New Youtube [x] Get Typed! [x]
    Celebs [x] Theory [x] Tumblr [x]

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SisOfNight View Post
    In Tony's case, he has learned that using his Fe Role more produces more favourable results. That does not mean he actually "values" Fe.
    doesn't working from your points of strength provide more favorable results?

someone with gamma values and superego Fe telling audience members to hug each other seems weird.

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

SEE (with second option LIE) 3w2

TIM
    ~°~
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He's just like someone I work with, have ok relations look-a-like ish too. The coworker is always emotionally baiting others and playing around. When he starts promoting guns and the NRA he sometimes sets people on edge after he won his audience. He has a striking vibe resemblance to this celebrity. The goofy playfulness among associates is his hallmark trait. He gets along perfectly with an SLE here. They have the easiest rapport.

I think Tony Robbins appealed to a lot of SLEs when he wrote Awaken the Giant Within. Their Se would like to hear that. Personally the advice in the book was nothing new or did nothing for me.
    ~* astralsilky

Each essence is a separate glass,
    Through which Sun of Being’s Light is passed,
    Each tinted fragment sparkles with the Sun,
    A thousand colors, but the Light is One.

Jami, 15th c. Persian Poet

Post types & fully individuated before 2012 ...

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EIE
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm bringing this thread back to life only to say he is definitely not an ENTJ/LIE

Edit: I feel like many LIE's "talk like" a motivational speaker, but would never choose that as a career. That isn't real Te.

My question is... do motivational speakers have a tendency to have the same type? How do we differentiate the mask we put on, vs who we really are? Don't we sometimes have to put a mask on for the sake of efficacy ?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I mean you guys said it all he doent over emphasis on his Fe? he seems like an SLE. i'm not getting LIE vibes.

Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

He's LIE-Ni. Not someone I would date though because he feels kinda off and doesn't look that great to me lol. Maybe he went too deep into some kind of persona he invested himself in for his job as a public speaker but he seems a bit creepy/fake/inauthentic.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SEE. Positivist. Te rationale. Very good at affecting surrounding people's emotions and actions. EIEs would be more affected by the emotions surrounding them without such precise control.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12