Thread: The Royal Tenenbaums

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default The Royal Tenenbaums

Royal SLE, maybe SEE
    Etheline ESE
    Chas Gamma rational; his businessman/worry-state side was clearly LIE, but his pure bitterness towards his father was like ESI to me (although it could just have been a result of his being of a Fi valuing quadra)
    Margot IEI if not ILI
    Richie IEI
    Eli SEI
    Raleigh St. Clair EII
    Henry Sherman LII, maybe LSI
    Pagoda SLI

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Allie View Post
    Margot: Fe creative? Why?
    Yeah, I was looking for a reason too.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She's pretty cool.

Probably one of the hottest Gwyneth Paltrow has been I reckon. She is still hot, but I think she's hotter in this.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra View Post
    Royal SLE, maybe SEE
    Etheline ESE
    Chas Gamma rational; his businessman/worry-state side was clearly LIE, but his pure bitterness towards his father was like ESI to me (although it could just have been a result of his being of a Fi valuing quadra)
    Margot IEI if not ILI
    Richie IEI
    Eli SEI
    Raleigh St. Clair EII
    Henry Sherman LII, maybe LSI
    Pagoda SLI
    some questionable maybe. i love this movie though. i can see royal as a Se valuing extrovert. SLE seems okay, would allow for SEE. fwiw he's a bit like a movie version of my dad. etheline does give the sort of devoted wife who was "there through it all" vibe. maybe an ESI as well, but i wouldn't debate you on ESE. i just remember how royal sort of admired her as a tough and stable woman, her sort of holding things together as everything ran amok.

richie - yeah, i just had to look back and remember who this was. i think beta fits him very well. seems like the sort of very-high-rise/very-sharp-fall tragic beta story that you hear about a bit.

wtf @ pagoda as SLI? why? i'd probably say IEI more easily. good natured companion who didn't get in the way of many royal's adventures and was willing to go along with what the hell ever.

margot - only thought possibly intuitive introvert. little jaded like daria. can't remember anything significant about the character. perhaps not Fe as you are suggesting though.

why raleigh st. clair as EII? he reminded me of oliver sacks. actually i think i may have read somewhere that the character was modeled after sacks.

chas, yeah, seemed like a caricature of a gamma type.

don't remember eli well enough to say much. ;p
    Last edited by implied; 08-27-2008 at 02:53 PM.
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think margot is ILI. I was unsure about ILI vs. EIE at first but this video kinda sealed the deal for me:

God it's hard to say about Royal... I'm leaning towards SLE though

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by implied View Post
    wtf @ pagoda as SLI? why? i'd probably say IEI more easily. good natured companion who didn't get in the way of many royal's adventures and was willing to go along with what the hell ever.
    He was sort of like a caricature of an IP, I suppose.

why raleigh st. clair as EII? he reminded me of oliver sacks. actually i think i may have read somewhere that the character was modeled after sacks.
    I don't know anything about Sacks except that he wrote the book about a man who mistook his wife for a hat. Raleigh St. Clair was difficult for me to type. EII was essentially a guess.