0 Thread(s)

Default Alisyn Camerota

fox and friends reporter

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

any thoughts, any opinions, any ideas?

i've really only come up with extravert and probably rational. the other aspects i can't tell...
    Last edited by dbmmama; 08-26-2008 at 04:04 PM.

TIM
    EII/INFj
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah I've got some thoughts

INFj

9w1 sp/sx

TIM
    EII/INFj
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm trying to find something constructive to say about this... but I really can't.

It's just too annoying.
    INFj

9w1 sp/sx

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tereg View Post
    I'm trying to find something constructive to say about this... but I really can't.

It's just too annoying.
    ok, i hear your personal sentiments, but can you say what her type might be?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

istj

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Much like politicians it can be really hard to type people like this. I find it hard to tell what is the real them and what is the styled them to sell their product.

I loathe FOX so I have a hard time watching these clips too >_<
    INFp

If your sea chart does not match reality, go with reality (Old mariner saying)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Darkstar View Post
    istj
    why do you say that? and if she was wouldn't wittmont like her?

TIM
    EII/INFj
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, I trudged my way through it.

Watching clips like these are just so.... uncomfortable. Bleh....

I mean it's like everyone on every show shown tries WAY too hard to be funny/witty. So annoying.

"OH WAIT A MINUTE BRIAN! LOOK AT THISSSSS. THAT H(E)AD HAS BEEN ADDED TO....[WHAAAAAT??] YOUR BODY BRIAN!"

a ha ha ha ha.

"All right, now, DO NOT ... THINK OF THAT IMAGE AS you listen to the news."

Fox and Friends
    The 1/2 Hour News Hour
    Red Eye

All of it.

Anyways. I thought maybe ESTj actually. It's just a guess.
    INFj

9w1 sp/sx

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dbmmama View Post
    because tereq is ENFp.

I am a simple man

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have an ISTj collegue that is at least as pretty but genuinely nice

I just don't know with the pretty face on TV if she is genuinely nice or just part of the show.
    INFp

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wittmont View Post
    I have an ISTj collegue that is at least as pretty but genuinely nice

I just don't know with the pretty face on TV if she is genuinely nice or just part of the show.
    but if you typed her based on how she presents herself on camera, would that still be ISTj. i don't care what she acts like at home. what type is she the way she acts on camera.

if she is ISTj, i could see why tereg would find her disgusting......

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, I trudged my way through it.

Watching clips like these are just so.... uncomfortable. Bleh....

I mean it's like everyone on every show shown tries WAY too hard to be funny/witty. So annoying.

"OH WAIT A MINUTE BRIAN! LOOK AT THISSSSS. THAT H(E)AD HAS BEEN ADDED TO....[WHAAAAAT??] YOUR BODY BRIAN!"

a ha ha ha ha.

"All right, now, DO NOT ... THINK OF THAT IMAGE AS you listen to the news."

Fox and Friends
    The 1/2 Hour News Hour
    Red Eye

All of it.

Anyways. I thought maybe ESTj actually. It's just a guess.
    i understand how you find her and the stuff on fox repelling. and so, i appreciate that you even watched it and made your comments. that is VERY helpful.

but if she's ESTj, she'd be your activity right? and you would get along with her?

TIM
    EII/INFj
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Honestly, she's not as bad as the other tools on the show.

Despite the fact that I find the shows annoying, I'm still trying to give an honest assessment of personality type.

I saw some , and . She comes across as a rational to me. And ESTj just seems to make the most sense.
    INFj

9w1 sp/sx

TIM
    EII/INFj
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I mean this isn't really an issue with me hating Fox News, because I don't feel that way about it to the extent that I seem to detect from others. However, the shows shown in the videos in particular, I do have a bone to pick.

Just like morning radio shock jocks or like when the regular Fox channel had the show "Good Day America". It's garbage.

I mean she seems to mingle well with the hosts and crew, it's just... that environment is just so

-___________-

EDIT:

to me

That being said, what I said about her, about coming across rather rationally, albeit seemingly forced, is what I'm detecting.
    Last edited by tereg; 08-26-2008 at 08:40 PM.
    INFj

9w1 sp/sx

TIM
    EII/INFj
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

but if she's ESTj, she'd be your activity right? and you would get along with her?
    Hard to say. Although tempting at times, I don't really type (or try not to at least) people based on how I'd think I'd get along with them. I mean, I'd be lying if I said I didn't think about that. But, it's just not what I look for when I assess someone's type.

I try to find the IM elemental clues in what they're saying, what they're doing, reasons why they might be saying or doing certain things, etc. Then surmise a few types within a range and then sort of see (see meaning just a rough sort of "first-impression" feel, if it "feels" correct) if it sort of fits. This is all a part of the initial process I take and certainly not the only thing I would do to determine a person's type. In the best case scenario it develops over time having seen multiple situations and instances the person is in.

But for a "give me your impression of this person's type", I only do a sort of quick first impression, because that's what's in front of me.
    INFj

9w1 sp/sx

TIM
    EII/INFj
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shows like that, imo, are time-wasting, time-filling pieces of crap. They're there because they have to fill the time somehow with something.

Edit: What gets discussed on shows like that that are ACTUALLY constructive instead of dicking around talking about photoshopped heads on a Princess Leia or maybe Paris Hilton's lunch escapade from the day before.

Yeah, TMZ, Access Hollywood, Entertainment Tonight, Inside Edition and the lot has the same effect on me.

Give me a fucking break.
    INFj

9w1 sp/sx

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shows like that, imo, are time-wasting, time-filling pieces of crap. They're there because they have to fill the time somehow with something.
    why is having fun time-wasting? my mil used to think that too... is that because you believe that being productive is more important? that was what she believed again. and i still believe her to be INFj.

TIM
    EII/INFj
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

why is having fun time-wasting? my mil used to think that too... is that because you believe that being productive is more important? that was what she believed again. and i still believe her to be INFj.
    I don't think having fun is necessarily time-wasting. However, on a 24-hour news channel, I expect more than what I might see on some tabloid trash show.

That being said, Comedy Central can pull off something like The Daily Show or The Colbert Report because, well, it doesn't try so hard one, and two, I mean, when you watch a news program on Comedy Central, you probably know what you're going to get out of that.

Now, the other shows I've cited: ET, Access Hollywood, etc, though primarily shown on major channels, it's the content of those shows that pisses me off. So, maybe I shouldn't really use the excuse of the channel that they're on.

But I'm just... in general shows where I feel like I'm wasting my time watching it, where it's not really that informative to me or thought provoking, just sucks. The "witty" banter and oh so good rapport and chemistry of the hosts is about as good as mixing flame-throwers and straw houses.

Glenn Beck. That's a show that's thought-provoking.
    The Situation Room. That's a show that's thought-provoking.
    The Daily Show. That's a show that's thought-provoking.
    And *gasp* The O'Reilly Factor. Yes, even that show from time to time.
    Countdown does too.

Are there any shows on CNN that are like Fox & Friends? or like Red Eye? I can't think of any. Are there any shows on Headline News like those? Maybe Nancy Grace?

Sorry.
    INFj

9w1 sp/sx

TIM
    EII/INFj
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You know, there are some news shows that can pull off having a good time every once in a while. You know? But not when the whole show is centered around being loose buddy-buddy with your colleagues always cracking lame jokes.

I mean it's not a bad thing to loosen up every once in a while. But come on. Just stop trying so hard to be funny. (I'm not talking to you personally, just, ranting.) It looks awkward, it isn't funny, it's over the top, it's stupid. Just stop. Or TAKE IT DOWN A NOTCH.

Edit: And another thing. Anytime you have a show that is a blatant rip-off of another show [I'm looking in your direction 1/2 Hour News Hour] this is what happens

http://www.crooksandliars.com/Media/...RWParanoia.wmv
    Last edited by tereg; 08-26-2008 at 09:21 PM.
    INFj

9w1 sp/sx

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You know, there are some news shows that can pull off having a good time every once in a while. You know? But not when the whole show is centered around being loose buddy-buddy with your colleagues always cracking lame jokes.

I mean it's not a bad thing to loosen up every once in a while. But come on. Just stop trying so hard to be funny. (I'm not talking to you personally, just, ranting.) It looks awkward, it isn't funny, it's over the top, it's stupid. Just stop. Or TAKE IT DOWN A NOTCH.
    i know you're not talking to me personally.

i'm not sorry you're telling us. i appreciate it. i like being able to share opinions and feelings like this without taking it personally.

i do understand what you mean by take it down a notch. it is "slightly" phoney to me as well. i just know that that woman is like me. hubby thinks we're the same person...

TIM
    EII/INFj
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i just know that that woman is like me. hubby thinks we're the same person...
    I'm being serious when I say this. Before I actually watched the videos, and I saw the preview still on the videos, I thought, "You know, she sort of resembles dbmmama from that short video that was posted with her." I initially had that thought that you two might be the same. But then I saw the videos and it didn't seem to match, really.
    INFj

9w1 sp/sx

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm being serious when I say this. Before I actually watched the videos, and I saw the preview still on the videos, I thought, "You know, she sort of resembles dbmmama from that short video that was posted with her." I initially had that thought that you two might be the same. But then I saw the videos and it didn't seem to match, really.
    i've been asking hubby who am i like, who i look like, what personality, etc. since i started this process....this is the one lady he says looks, acts, dresses, jokes, everything like me. and this is from my hubby who knows me irl.

we have to put our personal feelings aside about the shows, etc. he says emphatically that it's like watching me on the show.

it's cool you told about your feelings and such and i like talking that way without each other taking offense about what we feel about things. i wish more could do that.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i've been asking hubby who am i like, who i look like, what personality, etc. since i started this process....this is the one lady he says looks, acts, dresses, jokes, everything like me. and this is from my hubby who knows me irl.

we have to put our personal feelings aside about the shows, etc. he says emphatically that it's like watching me on the show.

it's cool you told about your feelings and such and i like talking that way without each other taking offense about what we feel about things. i wish more could do that.
    Yeah, at first for a minute I thought you posted this to type your sis, but then I figured it was about you since just as Tereg says, I thought of the clips of you your sister posted.

I simply have a hard time seeing past the script and the studio settings and the rest to see simply Alisyn as a person and beyond this Fox persona. She is there of course but I'd like for her to talk about something that relates to her and that she personally cares about rather than that nonsense on the show.
    INFp

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glamourama View Post
    do you think that if I looked like a stripper mom, I could work for Fox News?
    yeah maybe. stripper mom, yeah i like that!