Thread: Are any types "born leaders"?

I've been waiting for you Satan's Avatar
    TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

When I was young, and ended up in leadership roles, sometimes people would be like "who put him in charge", and I'd be like I put myself in charge.

Sometimes people would like to remind me that they're fine on their own.

But hey,

I'm a terrible leader. I tell people they're useless, incompetent, worthless, and so on. And then they get all grumpy and don't want to play. I only really like leading when it's necessary, and things have already turned to shit. And I really don't mind someone else leading - I prefer to stand on my own. BUT DO THEY LISTEN? NO. Sometimes people seem to think I should lead. Other times, they really don't want me to lead. But hey, - apparently that's significant - it means that people form strong opinions on me.

I used to try to get other people to lead quite a lot when I was young. Generally, when I would lead was actually when no-one else wanted to. What do you call that... a reluctant leader .. yes ..

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Leadership is doing what you normally would do, except having people as tools. IMO any person can be a leader in whatever area it is they specialize in as non-leaders.

TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

So, labcoat, you're a piece of clothing. Where does that fit in.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mimosa Pudica View Post
    I've noticed that when people in here talk about "leader types" they often mention SLEs, ILEs and sometimes LIEs. Is it so that these types are more typical leader types than other? Or are they mentionned due to stereotypical leader types - the ones often noticed?
    All types can be stereotypical leaders, it just depends of the leading style.

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There's leadership by example -- in which you show other people how to do something and why it is necessary, and they do it -- and there is leadership by working like hell to keep people off of each other's throats, and trying like mad to keep people focused on the issues at hand.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mercutio View Post
    When I was young, and ended up in leadership roles, sometimes people would be like "who put him in charge", and I'd be like I put myself in charge.

Sometimes people would like to remind me that they're fine on their own.

But hey,

I'm a terrible leader. I tell people they're useless, incompetent, worthless, and so on. And then they get all grumpy and don't want to play. I only really like leading when it's necessary, and things have already turned to shit. And I really don't mind someone else leading - I prefer to stand on my own. BUT DO THEY LISTEN? NO. Sometimes people seem to think I should lead. Other times, they really don't want me to lead. But hey, - apparently that's significant - it means that people form strong opinions on me.

I used to try to get other people to lead quite a lot when I was young. Generally, when I would lead was actually when no-one else wanted to. What do you call that... a reluctant leader .. yes ..
    So basically you're saying that you impudently made problems for people instead of helping them accomplish their objectives?
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mimosa Pudica View Post
    I've noticed that when people in here talk about "leader types" they often mention SLEs, ILEs and sometimes LIEs. Is it so that these types are more typical leader types than other? Or are they mentionned due to stereotypical leader types - the ones often noticed?
    ILEs leaders? Ha! The best leaders have Se or Te in the ego.

TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy View Post
    So basically you're saying that you impudently made problems for people instead of helping them accomplish their objectives?
    Why should I help people?

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

quoted.
    D-SEI 9w1

This is me and my dual being scientific together

TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kamangir View Post
    quoted.
    I noticed. When I ask someone a question based upon what they say - you're just going to throw around - out of context - the question.

Well, aren't you so fucking clever.

Here's something to quote: "Fuck you".

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I noticed. When I ask someone a question based upon what they say - you're just going to throw around - out of context - the question.
    You wish. I read the whole thread, and what you wrote was so incredibly stupid it had to be quoted.
    D-SEI 9w1

This is me and my dual being scientific together

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why should people follow your lead?

There's a difference between being a leader and being a boss. (And simply asserting control over a situation is neither.)
    SEE

TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

Why should people follow your lead?
    Because they're struggling on their own.

There's a difference between being a leader and being a boss. (And simply asserting control over a situation is neither.)
    I've always shirked leadership until things go wrong; and so in a way, I have to be able to take over a situation, in order to show leadership initiative, which means that I tend to get a little heavy-handed at first in order to establish my position. And then I start to lighten up, and use the "less is more" philosophy.

I've noticed before, that by merely having stronger desires than others, people will generally pay more attention. And from that position you can lead by example, or redirect people when they're gong in the wrong direction.

And on that same note; when you're aware of what needs to be done, and other people aren't, you can instruct them so that they're able to be of use.

It's like sometimes people just look so willing or eager to be of use. And if you don't use them, then they'll lay dormant, waiting for someone to give them direction.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Because they're struggling on their own.

I've always shirked leadership until things go wrong; and so in a way, I have to be able to take over a situation, in order to show leadership initiative, which means that I tend to get a little heavy-handed at first in order to establish my position. And then I start to lighten up, and use the "less is more" philosophy.

I've noticed before, that by merely having stronger desires than others, people will generally pay more attention. And from that position you can lead by example, or redirect people when they're gong in the wrong direction.

And on that same note; when you're aware of what needs to be done, and other people aren't, you can instruct them so that they're able to be of use.

It's like sometimes people just look so willing or eager to be of use. And if you don't use them, then they'll lay dormant, waiting for someone to give them direction.
    Right... but then aren't you helping them accomplish their objectives?
    SEE

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Merky it is hard for me to read any of your posts all the way through because I am constantly being distracted by those boobs bouncing around in my face... uh.. what were you saying again?
    EII 4w5

so/sx (?)

TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

Right... but then aren't you helping them accomplish their objectives?
    Joy,

I don't think you understand. Most people don't acknowledge their own objectives until "later".

Anyway,

Sometimes I can help people accomplish their objectives; but only if they're *always* cordial, they express themselves, and I feel able to "get to the end".

Whereas with my objectives, I don't expect people to be as cordial, express themselves, or feel able to get to the end.

So I suppose it's light/dark side. I'm more positive if someone else has objectives that are similar to my objectives; and I'm helping them, than I am if it's towards my own ends.

TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Christy B View Post
    Merky it is hard for me to read any of your posts all the way through because I am constantly being distracted by those boobs bouncing around in my face... uh.. what were you saying again?
    Are you a lesbian?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are you a lesbian?
    Possibly, but probably not.
    EII 4w5

so/sx (?)

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Joy,

I don't think you understand. Most people don't acknowledge their own objectives until "later".

Anyway,

Sometimes I can help people accomplish their objectives; but only if they're *always* cordial, they express themselves, and I feel able to "get to the end".

Whereas with my objectives, I don't expect people to be as cordial, express themselves, or feel able to get to the end.

So I suppose it's light/dark side. I'm more positive if someone else has objectives that are similar to my objectives; and I'm helping them, than I am if it's towards my own ends.
    Hmmmm I guess I don't usually think about leadership in terms of getting what I want... If someone's helping me get what I want, then they're doing me a favor (or we're cooperating because I can help them get something they want, too).

Also, I don't think it matters if people realize (or ask for help with) their objectives. It's more about the situation than about a particular person's spoken desires. Even when someone does ask me clearly for help with a specific thing, I evaluate the situation and what their needs or their end objective most likely is and respond in the way that makes the most sense to me.
    SEE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To be a leader, one must have functions (personality) that's effective on the area. As long as there are types of all kinds, more or less of those persons fit the best to lead the operations there. But when there are mainly/only one type/s of people, as there are at some areas, then it's not a question of the outer personality type but of the inner personality type, of the specific mind (and body) type, education.
    INTp