Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How Drugs change Type

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default How Drugs change Type

I noticed that different substances tend to change how people percieve the world. Some drugs act the same way on everyone, and some amplify their ego functions, or something else. I wa swondering if anyone can add to my list of how you think drugs affect personality (during useage).

Marijuana - (for INTj, makes much more Ne, adds Fe, adds Fi, subtracts Se, adds Si, Te? Ti?) (for ESTp, makes more Se, adds Fe, ...?)

Nicotine - (for INTj, adds Se, reduces worrying, makes extremely alert and focused on present, eye sight becomes crisp and vivid. Need to hold in 3 deep breaths to feel the effect enough to analyze. Possibly with all stimulants.)

Alcohol - (For most, makes more E, don't think it affects the cognitive functions directly, but it does weaken any supression mechanisms, which cause the user to talk about whats on the mind without filtering. Maybe filtering becomes too much of an energy drain? The weakened state also allows people to talk about their weaknesses because everyone is impaired and at the same mental level.)
    -Slava

What a great replacement for a nany

Creepy-

Mm, drugs are bad, Mmmkay?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They are bad until the become a product.... "Wanna become more S and less spaced out? Well now you can! With adero..." or... "Are you too Se to sit still in class? Well now you can use xxxxxxx to calm your ass down!" ... soon to be... "Are you a sociopath? have trouble expressing emotions? If so Try marijex. enhance your marriage. with marijuana impregnated marijex.". But yes drugs can be bad if ubused with a low level of self controll and knowlege of self and drug. So with that out of the way. Lets discuss it.
    -Slava

Creepy-

As an intj, i notice that high doses of marijauana and normal does of pychedelics often open up a portal in my head where my imagination runs ild for certain periods of the trip. This happens when I close my eyes and the images are often very vivid. This doesn't resemble Ne so I wonder if I have a tendency to gain access to Ni in this state? Whatever the case, it's at times its a lot of fun, and it's always mind-expanding

Creepy-

"drugs are bad, mmkay"--uh, that was a south park reference and a joke

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Marijuanna should be legal, and alcohol illegal, as I see it; that is said from a solely moral level.

I would suppose Marijuanna makes "most" people more receptable to inuitive related information, despite whether they understand it or not; thus, the impaired judgement decreases the effectiveness of "understanding" the given data, but also increases interest in it.

Although, the aura of a scenario in which mairjuanna plays a large part in the scene, seems to function within the realm of Fe-Si, and perhaps Fi. I suppose this enitrety is responsible for the pseudo-intellectual movements, such as the hippie movements and whatnot, and can be called an age of the "alpha quadra."

Ampthetamines, I believe, would generally cause a relative increase in Se prevalence; smilarly, if not merely an exagerrated state of the previously stated, Cocain can cause a relative increase in Se prevalence, or at least, make them behave in a way which RESEMBLES Se behavior.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"... the penis goes in the ... hmm ... now where does that thing go ..., mmkay"

I have made many observations where S people understand me much better when they are under the influence of MJ, and afterwards (some of them) try to deny the understanding and accepted truths that were formed (maybe they contradict their sober way of thinking), and believe that it was just some crazy irrational drug experience, and not meaningful. I also believe that alcohol should be banned before MJ is. Alcohol is a raw toxin, and is similar to pouring water in your gas tank. As opposed to MJ, which is like adjusting air/fuel ratio. Both can be bad, but one is based on doing damage. The other just activates a receptor that is already in the brain.
    -Slava

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"drugs are bad, mmkay"--uh, that was a south park reference and a joke
    You must remember, INTjs have absolutely no sense of humor...
    Binary or dichotomous systems, although regulated by a principle, are among the most artificial arrangements that have ever been invented. -- William Swainson, A Treatise on the Geography and Classification of Animals (1835)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I make jokes, its just hard to appreciate them without entonation, esp if the joke is a threat to straying on topic. INTj's like to make a chain of implications, and if their implication chain isn't complete before soemone claims they understood, they get pissed. example... me explaining to my mom why it rains... "me: water heats up -> heat makes water evaoprate -> low density materials float up -> water will go high up -> high up implies cold -> cold makes vapor become liquid -> liquid is dense -> dense sinks down -> sinks down -> falls." if on the other hand the following happened "me: water heats up -> heat makes water evaoprate -> low density materials float up -> water will go high up -> mom: oh by the way are you hungry?" then i would yell at her as a result, because it tells me she isn't following. lol, so yeah. I don't wanna talk about that anymore though.
    -Slava

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It deffinitly is, I think thats why some people go insane from it. They start to see things about themselves that they cannot handle. Thats why they say that if you have mental problem, you shouldn't do psychodelics. Personally, i've tried drawing and thinking under the influence of MJ and the ideas were hardcore in depth, and the images were very detailed and abstract. I also saw things I never realized before having many of my functions conciously integrated. One time I even became consious of my nervous system and felt it inside of my body which was scary. I also one time visualized and actualized how everyone is a brain inside a body, and i was able to visualize this in the external world overlayed on actaul people. I think MJ allows you to cope, and accept information that you were not able to deal with before. I read one time that the THC receptior is somehow related to trauma and a chemical that is released to trigger the receptor or something liek this, in order to cope with the trauma. But they don't know 100% for sure what the receptor is for. I know what its for :-). just kidding.
    -Slava

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default :)

General statement would be: Using psychodelics temporaly makes you loose your control.

There are numerous possibilities that can emerge from this: from good ones(rarely) to bad ones(most of the times).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Marijuana - (for INTj, makes much more Ne, adds Fe, adds Fi, subtracts Se, adds Si, Te? Ti?) (for ESTp, makes more Se, adds Fe, ...?
    )

Yeah. I think I can confirm that.
    http://forum.socionix.com

I don't see what's so important about the possibility of extraterrestrial life. It's just more people to declare war on.

EVERYONE PLZ CONTINUE TO UPLOAD INFINITE AMOUNT OF PICS OF "CUTE" CATS AND PUPPIES. YOU KNOW WE GIVE A SHIT!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Marijuana opened up new gateways of thoughts for me, but it eventually made me paranoid and in a pool of terrifying despair. Even low doses can completely ruin me, leaving me in a negative, death oriented state of mind for weeks on end. I'd have to say that it definitely makes me feel like i am entering a different level of awareness, and during these states I did wonder if it was increasing my Se. I don't know if it is safe to say that you can jump into a different type, but you can definitely open up new gateways of consciousness. Some of my best Ideas came out of drawing symbols and shapes and images(usually biological in some way, often deathlike) that appear to have significant meaning at the time. I am oftened amazed at how applicable some of these symbols can be to new sciences or theories I learn in the future- socionics being among them.

Nicotine is bad since it is delivered by cigarettes, but in my most miserable states it feels like a lifesaver. I'll admit to you all I'm addicted. Strange thing is that it is a stimulant, so in a way I suppose it sort of speeds reality up, compensating for the death it will eventually give you... but this experience is spent standing outside on some patio somewhere with a bunch of losers with bad breath .

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slava
    It deffinitly is, I think thats why some people go insane from it. They start to see things about themselves that they cannot handle. Thats why they say that if you have mental problem, you shouldn't do psychodelics. Personally, i've tried drawing and thinking under the influence of MJ and the ideas were hardcore in depth, and the images were very detailed and abstract. I also saw things I never realized before having many of my functions conciously integrated. One time I even became consious of my nervous system and felt it inside of my body which was scary. I also one time visualized and actualized how everyone is a brain inside a body, and i was able to visualize this in the external world overlayed on actaul people. I think MJ allows you to cope, and accept information that you were not able to deal with before. I read one time that the THC receptior is somehow related to trauma and a chemical that is released to trigger the receptor or something liek this, in order to cope with the trauma. But they don't know 100% for sure what the receptor is for. I know what its for :-). just kidding.
    Slava, I have had absolutely identical experiences.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Marijuana opened up new gateways of thoughts for me, but it eventually made me paranoid and in a pool of terrifying despair. Even low doses can completely ruin me, leaving me in a negative, death oriented state of mind for weeks on end.
    It depends on your current mental state, mood .. you must feel comfortable you know.. "moderation is the key to the successful drug use".
    If I want near death experiences I'll light up when I'm depressed
    Back some years ago I wasf frequently getting paranoias BUT they only happened when I was with people from different quadras namely INTP/ESFPs and INTJ/ESFJs.. maybe I wasn't able to relax myself among them. Or just walking alone on the streets.

Once when I was on some party in one town not far from here I was getting 3d images and maps of the near streets and the whole city..

Some music has like hundred new levels of depth which I can only disassemble in these states.

Sometimes I make just unreal completely new-omg-how-deep insights on every topic that I direct my attention to...

I'll try to write some stuff down for later reality check.

I don't see what's so important about the possibility of extraterrestrial life. It's just more people to declare war on.

EVERYONE PLZ CONTINUE TO UPLOAD INFINITE AMOUNT OF PICS OF "CUTE" CATS AND PUPPIES. YOU KNOW WE GIVE A SHIT!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The time thing. Has someone noticed how time can slow down? I know it's complete crap and time can't just slow down... but crap.. I'm listening to some tracks everytime I smoke and they are just a hundred times much longer than in normal state and some ESTPs and ENFJs are saying that they have similar experiences.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@
    Yeah, sometimes I would try to hide the invasive thoughts, but it was like my unconscious was launching a major offensive... "THIS IS IT, THIS IS THE CHANCE FOR THE DEMONS WITHIN TO UNLEASH THEMSELVES! CHARGE!!"

I would make connections about things when i was too young to realize were there. Like little remarks people made to me that implied things i didn't know they knew at the time, and what not. things that no person should be haunted by.

But it is still something I do on occasion. Don't narc me out!

@Slava

One more thing. One time I had smoked and I felt as though my stomach had detached itself inside of me. The idea haunted me, and i started to think "it is just hanging there, pouring out all of its acidic innards into my torso... I am going to die." Another time I thought about how underneath my flesh is muscle, and I thought about how I am an organism that is going to die someday, and so forth. Really quite freaky things I don't want to experience ever again.

But I wonder if Marijuana does kill people through choking or anything. I have seem people eat really quick cough alot, and that makes me wonder.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The time thing. Has someone noticed how time can slow down? I know it's complete crap and time can't just slow down... but crap.. I'm listening to some tracks everytime I smoke and they are just a hundred times much longer than in normal state and some ESTPs and ENFJs are saying that they have similar experiences.
    I never thought i'd have so much fun with this sort of thread.

I have noticed this, it is very strange. I never become bored with anything, but the time just slows down the more I think.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DXM cause some insane time perception dilation for me. Each minute felt like 10. Its interesting how when we don't exist time has no speed, it just instrantly flies by, making it 0 length total . Thus our entire evolution happened instantly and will end instantly some day. Time only exists because we can feel it. Its crazy how so many things are absed on our perception. Last time I smoked I sat and wondered about how much light spectrum I couldnt see. I also wondered weather color blindness was really a disorder or just a spectrum different than the average person. In high school I swiped a copy of all the students med records and noticed that many korean people had color blindness, and interesting trend.

BTW: Smoking and hanging out with uncompatible types is painful... sometimes they actually subconciously or conciously try to damage your psych when they feel you are weak. I catch myself imposing my opinions on members of other quadras when they are high, they seem to understand the things better when high, but it might be hurting them to accept such truths.
    -Slava

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smoking is disgusting. I once tried it and it only made me feel nervous, getting a faster heart rate and cold toes and fingers. It smells like shit
    and smokers throw the shit everywhere. Idiots.

I have been drinking alcohol earlier to some point, not much though bc I´m that sensitive and easily got headaches, unless I ate a lot of pears and other fruits. Seemed to make a change. But made me very tired, and actually more depressed after. It´s "releaving" effect is very short and rapidly changing but some slowness seemed to hang on after for a little longer. For a longer time than earlier, I have felt that I don´t want to use it.
    Have read that drugs and alcohol reverses the inner spiritual level.
    But that coffeine has a positive effect on telepathy. Actually, I do drink
    some coffeine although not coffe or cola.
    Wonder why and if I have to be an INTJ or how to do the best of it.

Creepy-Jade

[quote="rainbow"]Smoking is disgusting. I once tried it and it only made me feel nervous, getting a faster heart rate and cold toes and fingers. It smells like shit
    and smokers throw the shit everywhere. Idiots.

You are the idiot for saying that.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smoking is disgusting
    Everyone in entitled to their own feelings, the key is controlling them. Some people chose to smoke, some chose not to. In the end both will be laying in their grave decaying. What do you mean by telepathy?
    -Slava

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Once the nicotine accumulates in your system it doesn't have a withdrawl effect shortly after you smoke. It is actually common for smokers to have depression for years without knowing it due to the lingering nicotine effect.

It is only after several days to a week without smoking that the person will begin to realize that they have this depression.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ha ha... all smokers and druggies... we have been found, and are now being hit by anti drugs adds! Run!
    -Slava

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Once the nicotine accumulates in your system it doesn't have a withdrawl effect shortly after you smoke. It is actually common for smokers to have depression for years without knowing it due to the lingering nicotine effect.

It is only after several days to a week without smoking that the person will begin to realize that they have this depression.
    !!!!!!!!!!!!! absolutely true. It's very frustating when you realize that. I gave up smoking just a two weeks ago.

Creepy-IcE

I know smoking weed definitely makes me feel more outgoing, but because I care less of the outcome of the situation. It seems to cut back on my thinking before talking and gives me the confidence to just talk and think after. More extroversion which is what I love, being an ISTP. Its so hard to get out of my shell unless around close friends or an ENFP.

However, the risk in this is weed does in a way become your dual. At least from personal experience. I try to keep it to lesser usage now a days and focus more on getting me an actual dual

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro-the-Lion
    I think drugs are a gateway to the unconscious not necessarily the unconscious weak points.
    Usage of alcohol and other inhibition drugs go against your high congnitive functions as human, leaving your brain comparable to that of a primate, in theory.

But in the very inmediate effect after drug consumption, I'll take alcohol as an example (because other than nicotine I know nor really care about finding out any other drugs by myself), I suppose -some- result of superego inhibition takes place, opening the door to unconsciousness... and then again.... my hypothesis is that under the immediate effect of plain alcohol you get near to becoming your own "Contrary".

This comes initially from a notion i had about how many E's get I's soon after drinking, and many I's get E's, and of my own perception memory of who I was when drunk.

I'm trying to guess on the "Contrary" supposing the Consicousness is in a way mutually corrective of Unconsciousness in the model-a.

I wonder what others think about this... this should apply about alcohol, not really other drugs.
    Balzac

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Usage of alcohol and other inhibition drugs go against your high congnitive functions as human, leaving your brain comparable to that of a primate, in theory.
    Hmm.. maybe that's why some people get extremely agressive when they're drunk regardless of their type. Kinda everyone's basic algorithm gets revealed.

edit: or just it's a question of developed or underdeveloped functions. i.e for example some underdeveloped ISTps may get agressive when drunk and other well developed may not.

Creepy-pokeball

Different drugs do different things. Alcohol supresses social conscious so people will do what they want to do without forethought to social context. So an example of someone abusing their spouse and blaming it on alcohol is lying out their ass and using a drug as a scape goat. They wanted to do it anyway.

Creepy-pokeball

~love your sig !

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

as;dflkj
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

no, other stuff changes type in a weird way...

I would imagine marijuanna supresses the Thinking, which is why it is used as an insomniac, your mind isnt racing anymore..

In theory...

{♠x<º))))><¸.·´¯`·.¸IcEPiCk¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>x♠ }

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This stuff sounds like Stanislov Grof's experiments with LSD and his theory of altered consciousness.

Of which I am completely against.
    Binary or dichotomous systems, although regulated by a principle, are among the most artificial arrangements that have ever been invented. -- William Swainson, A Treatise on the Geography and Classification of Animals (1835)

Creepy-pokeball

Uh, Ive had insomnia since 12 or so. I really dont think it has anything to do with cognitive functions. What one does about it would probably be tho.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In my experience, the introverted thinkers definitely have trouble sleeping... Mind is racing often.
    {♠x<º))))><¸.·´¯`·.¸IcEPiCk¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>x♠ }

Creepy-pokeball

As is mine. I can promise you that Im not I or T. That's just the way insomnia is. Actually I should look into it more because a lot of things cause it. It *might* be inate like you are saying from your experiences that youve seen but I also know it is reactive from past experiences.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Racing minds are caused by worrying, stress, obsessing over problems, or struggling with metaphysical/epistemological/philosophical problems. So Ti people would have trouble sleeping, as well as Ni people and Fi people.

Creepy-pokeball

I sincerely do not think everything can be deduced into functions.

What about an Se that has PTSD? Im sure that seeing a loved one killed at 5 or so would be entirely related to functions

Here is a random list from a 5 second google search:

http://www.emedicinehealth.com/articles/9492-2.asp

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I sincerely do not think everything can be deduced into functions.
    Well, almost everything psychological can be, but not completely. Often times, the functions play only a small part, or it is near impossible to see why the functions play any part at all, but they do.

But you have a damn good point.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

edited

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast