Thread: What have you been up to, Deltas?

Creepy-

Default What have you been up to, Deltas?

I ask because I've noticed we've been a little more quiet than usual lately. This indicates to me that we're all busy, which makes sense for this time of year.

So, what's going on, and how's it coming?

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been really busy at work and that's usually the only time I post on here. I've also been watching the Olympics religiously lately which occupies most of my time and I'm also slowly loosing interest in the internet.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had morning sickness due to being pregnant. Now I have bad headaches due to being pregnant. I had forgotten how much I hate being pregnant.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker Mom View Post
    I had morning sickness due to being pregnant. Now I have bad headaches due to being pregnant. I had forgotten how much I hate being pregnant.

“Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Congrats on your pregnancy Slackermom, I hope everything goes well!

I've been editing a few journals at uni and trying to get my thesis draft done before the deadline - unbelievably stressed out the moment. Still, that hasn't stopped me from posting more than I should be.
    ()
    3w4-1w2-5w4 sx/sp

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been watching the olympics, bumming around, eating cheeseits, dating, swimming and hanging out with my friends, and generally just enjoying my summer. If you guys can top that, Ill start coming here more.
    "Those who make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities..."

- Voltaire

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LokiVanguard View Post
    I've been watching the olympics, bumming around, eating cheeseits, dating, swimming and hanging out with my friends, and generally just enjoying my summer. If you guys can top that, Ill start coming here more.
    Does that mean you saw the sun? Was it as beautiful as they say???
    EII 4w5

so/sx (?)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Christy B View Post
    There is no sun here today. All overcast and dreary.
    But I have blankets and tea, so all is good.
    allez cuisine!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just your everyday general nonsense. The season's wound down, so there was a huge push at work, and when we weren't working we were getting drunk by a bonfire. I'm now the last one left at 'our house' which held 5-6 people, so I've got a ton of free time again... at least for a couple of days.

Feels really weird.
    SLI/ISTp -- Te subtype

TIM
    IEE-Ne
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You won't believe me how much time and money you require to set up a workshop. I've got a lathe, a milling machine, a surface grinder, a band saw, a drill press... well you get the idea; and I'm still missing so many fucking things! It seems to me like having machines is like 10% of what is required to do things; you're still missing cutting consumables (drills, reamers, boring bars, lathe bits, end mills, face mills...), solder, stock material, accesories...

I recently convinced my father to lend me a room of the home to set the shop on, so I've been doing a lot of work to make it a proper place to work in (electrical wiring, roofing, etc). While it isn't finished yet it is starting to look nice... I'll post pictures if you're interested.

I've also been working with my ILE friend. We're a couple of inepts who doesn't make much money but at least I get motivation from being around him. Otherwise I would just sit here, lazing around.

Spend time with the rest of my friends. I've spent the whole day and yesterday helping my SEI friend to get things squared up for her travel to Europe. Went as a bodyguard to help her exchange a lot of money ;-)

Ah, I also cleaned up the damn house. There is no Si at all in my home and it was starting to look like shit and I felt like sick on it.
    [] | NP | 3[6w5]8 so/sp | Type thread | My typing of forum members | Johari (Strengths) | Nohari (Weaknesses)

You know what? You're an individual, and that makes people nervous. And it's gonna keep making people nervous for the rest of your life.
    - Ole Golly from Harriet, the spy.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Christy B View Post
    and more! wanna see it?

- Voltaire

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LokiVanguard View Post
    I could possibly top that, depending on your criteria... not that I'm encouraging you to come here more.
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by songofsappho View Post
    I ask because I've noticed we've been a little more quiet than usual lately. This indicates to me that we're all busy, which makes sense for this time of year.

So, what's going on, and how's it coming?
    (I thought I just posted this...)

The forum hasn't been very delta lately, maybe. Perhaps that's why not so many people are interested in posting here.

I'm getting ready to go back to school

PS: and trying focus on what is important.
    Last edited by UDP; 08-21-2008 at 07:44 AM. Reason: PS
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh yeah, Ninja Gaiden. The game pissed me off for the first few hours then I realized the weapon upgrade wasn't what I thought it was. After getting that worked out, it has been great.

Like LV, I've been enjoying my summer, too. I had a great three hours Monday. I received ninja gaiden monday night (which I thought would come later in the week), went to class and worked with the prettiest girl to ever set foot in that building. It was her first night, and I ended up working with her all night long. Then came home to the cook's legendary specialty meal. So it was 3 hours straight of unexpected surprises, basically.

I've also had some really good quality time with my friends and family, which is important because I probably won't see them again for a long time.
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mikemex View Post
    You won't believe me how much time and money you require to set up a workshop. I've got a lathe, a milling machine, a surface grinder, a band saw, a drill press... well you get the idea; and I'm still missing so many fucking things! It seems to me like having machines is like 10% of what is required to do things; you're still missing cutting consumables (drills, reamers, boring bars, lathe bits, end mills, face mills...), solder, stock material, accesories...
    This sounds a lot like my garage.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Meh. I haven't been doing much at all this summer. I did one interesting thing: I went caving. Something I definitely didn't think I'd be doing this summer. Personally, I'm waiting for fall b/c the weather here is gorgeous. Perfect to get outside and go hiking, biking, whatever.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Minde View Post
    I could possibly top that, depending on your criteria... not that I'm encouraging you to come here more.
    Why not? You don't wanna see me? jerk

- Voltaire

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm trying to get everything in order for an upcoming trip to SE Asia. My SO & I, his sister and her husband are all going to Bangkok, Cambodia, Saigon and then the two of us have a few days in Tokyo before returning. I'm desperately saving every penny to afford it and excited as hell.
    I'm also doing a lot of physical activity - lifting weights 3X a week, doing footbag (aka hackey sack) on Tuesdays, flying disc (aka frisbee) and then beer drinking on Wed, usually table tennis (aka ping pong) on Thur or Fri. I'm also trying to get a night of dancin' in every now and then (when I can find a non-lame DJ who doesn't idolize the fucking 80s or booty rap).
    Netflix and my Dad's enormous science fiction library have also kept me away from the internet ...
    Basically, I browse the forums when I'm caught up at work. And on top of everything else, work has been fairly busy.
    (One of the things that has me going outdoors more often lately: http://www.vibramfivefingers.com/pro...oducts_KSO.cfm)
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Bukowski
    We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.
    SLI

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I spent my summer looking foreward to school, partially so that I can collect more names for my list of who's what personality type.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.