Thread: What type is an ingenue?

TIM
    it's so pretty type
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default What type is an ingenue?

What type is the typical ingenue? generally a girl or a young woman who is endearingly innocent.

Here are 2 examples I am thinking of:
    Amy Adams in Enchanted

Drew Barrymore in the Wedding Singer
    Last edited by macysmama; 08-21-2008 at 09:18 PM.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A stereotypical ingenue would be some kind of infantile type, and I'm guessing Delta before Alpha because it seems like the movies would characterize an Alpha NT as smarter than that. So ENFp or INFj, I'd say.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

TIM
    it's so pretty type
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker Mom View Post
    A stereotypical ingenue would be some kind of infantile type, and I'm guessing Delta before Alpha because it seems like the movies would characterize an Alpha NT as smarter than that. So ENFp or INFj, I'd say.
    So are you anything like these examples? Or are they more INFj?

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by macysmama View Post
    So are you anything like these examples? Or are they more INFj?
    I probably am. I don't mean to come across as helpless but I can be.

I think Drew Barrymore might actually be ENFp? I think we've had a typing thread. I think some people thought maybe ISFp, which could be too. It seems like an ISFp could be painted as an ingenue to some extent, but the childishness and helplessness fits the infantile stereotype better, and this is a stereotype and not real-life after all. But it's hard to say and every ingenue character isn't likely to be the same type. I mean, Audrey Hepburn played an ingenue and I don't think she's a Delta NF. Also, an actress of one type can play a character of another type and the end result can be a character who is somewhat between two types.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

TIM
    it's so pretty type
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The "exaggerated" dipictions in my 2 examples are actually what I am like in real life!!! LOL Even the part where the character Gizelle is singing in public a sappy song for the sake of the movie, I would do that IRL!!! Helpless? I love myself and don't feel helpless at all! I feel that other types that don't see the magic in everyday life are helpless. I love the happiness I bring to everyone around me, it's actually very powerful. GO infantiles!

PS-Was motherhood really hard for you being that you can't be innocent, sweet and delightful all the time anymore, you have to step up and be the "adult" now? Boy, it sure threw me for a loop!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by macysmama View Post
    The "exaggerated" dipictions in my 2 examples are actually what I am like in real life!!! LOL Even the part where the character Gizelle is singing in public a sappy song for the sake of the movie, I would do that IRL!!! Helpless? I love myself and don't feel helpless at all! I feel that other types that don't see the magic in everyday life are helpless. I love the happiness I bring to everyone around me, it's actually very powerful. GO infantiles!

PS-Was motherhood really hard for you being that you can't be innocent, sweet and delightful all the time anymore, you have to step up and be the "adult" now? Boy, it sure threw me for a loop!
    she really is, irl. when i watched Enchanted, is was like "whoa, that's E!"

she reminds me of the sweet, innocent but ethical "do the right thing for the good of all because we're all connected" Minde.

and she is natural at calming people and helping them feel special.

(i just had dejavu about typing this post) whatever

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yo what's that song in the background at the end of the clip with Barrymore? I forgot the name...
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Winterpark View Post
    Yo what's that song in the background at the end of the clip with Barrymore? I forgot the name...
    True by Spandau Ballet
    -Mark Twain

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker Mom View Post
    True by Spandau Ballet
    Thanks. Very nice tune, I think I've also heard a remix or something on the radio.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    it's so pretty type
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is that character in Enchanted an INFj? Are INFj's outgoing like that to sing to everyone in Central Park?