Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 67

Thread: ISTj for me

  1. #1
    strrrng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    TIM
    Ni-IEI 4w3 sx/so
    Posts
    8,781
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default ISTj for me

    that's right, I know I've been typed (by myself and others) as INFp, but hear me out.

    This reconsideration is due partly in fact to my disbanding from the more abstract and idealistic notions of socionics I've previously possessed lol.

    But now that I'm thinking rationally again, a few things seem significant.

    I am strong in Ti. I am extremely in tune with the internal logical structure of ideas. When listening to people, reading posts, etc, I am always splitting hairs, (de)constructing a system of what they are saying. Most of you might remember I used to believe myself to be INTj. Now, of course, in this previous view I had on socionics, I could be INFp and still be strong in Ti .

    Another point: I don't think I'm naturally dynamic - especially Ni: noticing trends, tracking processes, etc. Of course I'm Ni in the ashtonian model, since I'm perceptive and abstract ...but I've come to see Ni isn't that "special" lol.

    I also believe I am strong in Se. I don't need someone else to provide the structure and motivation for me (they can, and I work well under it, but it's not necessary imo); I can do it consciously and willfully. For example, a few years ago I simply developed an exercise plan and implemented it almost robotically - every day training hard, eating perfectly. It was classic TiSe shit. Another humorous example that I believe exemplifies Se ego is when I was walking out of a meeting at this military office and these two wannabe gangster spanish guys were outside. I immediately was able to size the situation up objectively - noticing their physical characteristics, the subtleties of their movements, etc, while comparing it to my Ti system of what I believe constitutes certain traits - and decided they were faggots trying to act hard. That's when I got kind of pissed lol, and wanted to kick their ass right there. Obviously Se isn't inherently about fighting, but I felt that I had a strong awareness of my physical presence and control over the environment.

    Now, what may have appeared to be Te polr - ignoring factual data - in my previous arguments about socionics was, I believe, an extreme confidence in Ti and Se and an unwillingness to accept anything other than my own view (Ne polr). I could see the logic in arguments and had my own, yet I was simply so confident and absolute (Se) about my own system (Ti base), that I didn't feel the need to argue. I would expect such arrogance from a Ti ego type lol.

    Something else that I find interesting: my father and brother are both ENFps. They HATE the way I think lol. Whenever in a debate, I always hit their polrs - especially dad - and come up with systematic explanations for the flaws in their argument. They just fucking ignore it like dickheads, attaching onto illusory Te bullshit, which aggravates the hell out me. *This* is where Se comes in (gets turned on) and I give them a little abrasive beta'ness lol. Now, not only have I hit their vulnerable function, but I offset them with a very direct attitude. This also plays out with my INFj step-mom, who likes to sneak in little comments and then go back to hiding like a fucking pussy lol (Se enough for ya??). So in arguments, she tries to pull some Fi shit, as if her internal moral system is logic, and I proceed to pick apart the garbage; and if things get too heated, I'll throw in a little Se to SHUT HER THE FUCK UP. So, yeah, lol...

    Some of you may have noticed a change in the content of my recent posts. I have been putting more work into them, and into reading others' posts, while letting go of my dogma and being more objective. Not that ethical types can't be logical, but Ti seems like something that comes naturally to me.
    Last edited by strrrng; 08-18-2008 at 05:27 PM.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

  2. #2
    expired Lotus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    TIM
    Se/Ni sx/sp
    Posts
    4,494
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    oh my
    maybe a saint is just a dead prick with a good publicist
    maybe tommorow's statues are insecure without their foes
    go ask the frog what the scorpion knows

  3. #3
    strrrng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    TIM
    Ni-IEI 4w3 sx/so
    Posts
    8,781
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Another thing I forgot to note is my interaction with my ESFj mom. It's so clear she's Ti seeking, but she wants the clarity (lack of) to be evinced to her in a way that doesn't harm her FeSi flow or w/e. A lot of times in interaction, I have found her Fe to be very warm and something that helps me open up. On the other hand, when discussing issues, I will get very Ti, which she doesn't mind, but then when I see her asking "dumb" questions, delving into mindless Si details (especially with the influence of Ne mobilizing...christ), I will typically respond with a curt, or sometimes derisive, TiSe statement (i.e., "you have no clue what you are talking about" or "get to the point" in a flat tone), because I feel that her lack of reason doesn't deserve the time to be corrected, so I end it in an absolute way (weak, conscious Fi - not taking the time to consider others' positions/feelings and Ne polr - not wanting to go down multiple venues, but rather, keep it focused and concrete with Se).
    4w3-5w6-8w7

  4. #4
    Mariano Rajoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,120
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Why were the examples you gave significant?

    How do you choose what is important to focus on, and what to ignore?
    LII
    that is what i was getting at. if there is an inescapable appropriation that is required in the act of understanding, this brings into question the validity of socionics in describing what is real, and hence stubborn contradictions that continue to plague me.

  5. #5
    strrrng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    TIM
    Ni-IEI 4w3 sx/so
    Posts
    8,781
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marianorajoy
    Why were the examples you gave significant?
    I'm not sure what you're asking. I thought the examples conveyed certain functional preferences.

    How do you choose what is important to focus on, and what to ignore?
    What context are you referring to? Socionics, general life, etc?...
    4w3-5w6-8w7

  6. #6
    dbmmama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    2,831
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by strrrng View Post
    that's right, I know I've been typed (by myself and others) as INFp, but hear me out.

    This reconsideration is due partly in fact to my disbanding from the more abstract and idealistic notions of socionics I've previously possessed lol.

    But now that I'm thinking rationally again, a few things seem significant.

    I am strong in Ti. I am extremely in tune with the internal logical structure of ideas. When listening to people, reading posts, etc, I am always splitting hairs, (de)constructing a system of what they are saying. Most of you might remember I used to believe myself to be INTj. Now, of course, in this previous view I had on socionics, I could be INFp and still be strong in Ti .

    Another point: I don't think I'm naturally dynamic - especially Ni: noticing trends, tracking processes, etc. Of course I'm Ni in the ashtonian model, since I'm perceptive and abstract ...but I've come to see Ni isn't that "special" lol.

    I also believe I am strong in Se. I don't need someone else to provide the structure and motivation for me (they can, and I work well under it, but it's not necessary imo); I can do it consciously and willfully. For example, a few years ago I simply developed an exercise plan and implemented it almost robotically - every day training hard, eating perfectly. It was classic TiSe shit. Another humorous example that I believe exemplifies Se ego is when I was walking out of a meeting at this military office and these two wannabe gangster spanish guys were outside. I immediately was able to size the situation up objectively - noticing their physical characteristics, the subtleties of their movements, etc, while comparing it to my Ti system of what I believe constitutes certain traits - and decided they were faggots trying to act hard. That's when I got kind of pissed lol, and wanted to kick their ass right there. Obviously Se isn't inherently about fighting, but I felt that I had a strong awareness of my physical presence and control over the environment.

    Now, what may have appeared to be Te polr - ignoring factual data - in my previous arguments about socionics was, I believe, an extreme confidence in Ti and Se and an unwillingness to accept anything other than my own view (Ne polr). I could see the logic in arguments and had my own, yet I was simply so confident and absolute (Se) about my own system (Ti base), that I didn't feel the need to argue. I would expect such arrogance from a Ti ego type lol.

    Something else that I find interesting: my father and brother are both ENFps. They HATE the way I think lol. Whenever in a debate, I always hit their polrs - especially dad - and come up with systematic explanations for the flaws in their argument. They just fucking ignore it like dickheads, attaching onto illusory Te bullshit, which aggravates the hell out me. *This* is where Se comes in (gets turned on) and I give them a little abrasive beta'ness lol. Now not only have I hit their vulnerable function, but I offset them with a very direct attitude. This also plays out with my INFj step-mom, who likes to sneak in little comments and then go back to hiding like a fucking pussy lol (Se enough for ya??). So in arguments, she tries to pull some Fi shit, as if morals are logic, and I proceed to pick apart the garbage, presumptuous system of hers, and if things get too heated, I'll throw in a little Se to SHUT HER THE FUCK UP. So, yeah, lol...

    Some of you may have noticed a change in the content of my recent posts. I have been putting more work into them, and into reading others' posts, while letting go of my dogma and being more objective. Not that ethical types can't be logical, but Ti seems like something that comes naturally to me.
    mother fucker!!!! i knew it!!! damn. i need to listen to my intuition more. that sneaky little bastard knew it all along and was too "afraid" to say it. if you are, then i am too. damn.

    edit: i was talking about my intuition as the sneaky little bastard...

    omg, it just told me esper is istj too.

    edit again: i hope what i am saying doesnt sound like i'm making light of your new typing...it's just there was something in me that kept telling me istj for you all along...that doesn't mean i am too, it's just i know that we ARE a lot alike at the same age, A LOT, and there is something going on with that.
    Last edited by dbmmama; 08-18-2008 at 05:35 PM.

  7. #7
    strrrng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    TIM
    Ni-IEI 4w3 sx/so
    Posts
    8,781
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dbmmama
    mother fucker!!!! i knew it!!! damn. i need to listen to my intuition more. that sneaky little bastard knew it all along and was too "afraid" to say it. if you are, then i am too. damn.

    edit: i was talking about my intuition as the sneaky little bastard...

    omg, it just told me esper is istj too.

    edit again: i hope what i am saying doesnt sound like i'm making light of your new typing...it's just there was something in me that kept telling me istj for you all along...that doesn't mean i am too, it's just i know that we ARE a lot alike at the same age, A LOT, and there is something going on with that.
    haha, really? Was it the rigid dogma and confrontational attitude that had you thinking ISTj?
    4w3-5w6-8w7

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    8,578
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by strrrng View Post
    .
    i find this idea extremely easy to accept on many levels. the idea that you were too competent at Ti to be IEI has been something i've been throwing around for a long time.

  9. #9
    <something> Wynch's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    On a Hill
    TIM
    ILE
    Posts
    3,910
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I actually wouldn't be all that surprised, but I'm going to give it some serious thought. Lets not jump to hasty conclusions, lol.
    ILE
    7w8 so/sp

    Very busy with work. Only kind of around.

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    8,578
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mn0good View Post
    Lets not jump to hasty conclusions, lol.
    this is not a new idea. for me anyway.

  11. #11
    dbmmama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    2,831
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by strrrng View Post
    haha, really? Was it the rigid dogma and confrontational attitude that had you thinking ISTj?
    nothing specific really. my intuition told me. your energy is not sweet, soft, starfall... it's always an energy/vibe thing with me.

    edit: i'm sure i could come up with "reasons" but i'd rather take my easy way of understanding vibes.

  12. #12
    strrrng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    TIM
    Ni-IEI 4w3 sx/so
    Posts
    8,781
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dbmmama
    nothing specific really. my intuition told me. your energy is not sweet, soft, starfall... it's always an energy/vibe thing with me.
    ah, I see.

    Another interesting point is Se and Fe. I think the abrasiveness I had become known for was not so much a result of strong Fe, but rather strong Se. An Fe ego type may be abrasive, but it would be a lot smoother or subtler. With me, it was always kind of direct/in your face, with Fe there as something I attempted to do along with Se, but which always seemed to exacerbate things because of it being weak and unconscious.

    here's another point I brought up to Allie:

    strrrng (12:33:31 PM): i can see how much shit i attributed to Ni
    alexandrashutup (12:33:31 PM): you're an aggressor now
    alexandrashutup (12:33:33 PM): lol
    strrrng (12:33:35 PM): like this glorious function
    strrrng (12:33:41 PM): and it turned into mindless abstraction
    strrrng (12:33:46 PM): and meaningless connectinos
    strrrng (12:33:56 PM): which goes quite well if it was my hidden agenda function
    strrrng (12:34:04 PM): being weak at it but trying to indulge in it
    strrrng (12:34:23 PM): or make it better than it is
    alexandrashutup (12:36:50 PM): lol
    alexandrashutup (12:37:00 PM): yeah actually
    alexandrashutup (12:37:01 PM): it does
    4w3-5w6-8w7

  13. #13
    Expat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    10,853
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I agree with niffweed.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

  14. #14
    dbmmama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    2,831
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by strrrng View Post
    ah, I see.

    Another interesting point is Se and Fe. I think the abrasiveness I had become known for was not so much a result of strong Fe, but rather strong Se. An Fe ego type may be abrasive, but it would be a lot smoother or subtler. With me, it was always kind of direct/in your face, with Fe there as something I attempted to do along with Se, but which always seemed to exacerbate things because of it being weak and unconscious.

    here's another point I brought up to Allie:

    strrrng (12:33:31 PM): i can see how much shit i attributed to Ni
    alexandrashutup (12:33:31 PM): you're an aggressor now
    alexandrashutup (12:33:33 PM): lol
    strrrng (12:33:35 PM): like this glorious function
    strrrng (12:33:41 PM): and it turned into mindless abstraction
    strrrng (12:33:46 PM): and meaningless connectinos
    strrrng (12:33:56 PM): which goes quite well if it was my hidden agenda function
    strrrng (12:34:04 PM): being weak at it but trying to indulge in it
    strrrng (12:34:23 PM): or make it better than it is
    alexandrashutup (12:36:50 PM): lol
    alexandrashutup (12:37:00 PM): yeah actually
    alexandrashutup (12:37:01 PM): it does
    yes, i believe so too about your Se and believing it was Fe.

    i'm coming to understand that a lot of people here misinterpret Fe as this "in your face" thing. which i don't believe it is. it's more about picking up on vibes and relaying certain vibes back and they don't always have to be all out there. i can pick up on the subtlest of vibes just as easily as the loud and obnoxious ones.

  15. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2005
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Posts
    11,586
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I have strong Te and Ni now, too.

  16. #16

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    8,578
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    i have been asked to elaborate. briefly:

    much of the deliberation, in my mind anyway, that has gone on about strrrng's type has been between the four beta types, any of which i think some semblance of a coherent case can be made for. socially, strrrng's association with people like ashton and allie and rather haphazard and "jokey" (and often obnoxious) communication style (ie "i just realized i'm a rigid and dogmatic bastard rapist terrorist TiSe lol") seems to point to beta.

    strrrng has, however, always been fairly apt at dealing with socionics ideas, seemingly when he feels like it. this is something that i've noted from my interactions with him; when challenged, or when he feels up to discussing something seriously with me, he has proven largely to play the part of a reasonable person, who seems highly capable of understanding and analyzing socionics concepts. he seemed, however, to shift from this state back into his more typical intellectual laziness and simply going along with whatever bullshit justification he's already heard to prove a particular point. often this has to do with specific points that he's already decided are a certain way... for example, we can have a very rational discussion about various unexplored socionics things, and then have him immediately revert to talking nonsense if the discussion shifts to the subject of my type. this may perhaps speak to strrrng's self-proposed rigidity towards new ideas.


    strrrng has always been highly capable in my eyes of logical thinking. he has always seemed "good at" socionics, and at piecing together parts of the puzzle, so to speak. he's also seemed highly confident at defending his conclusions. all of this is not necessarily impossible for a type such as IEI, but for many IEIs on the forum (ie starfall, esper, allie) such confidence does not come naturally so much as a great deal of hesitation about their conclusions. overall, strrrng's disposition is a better fit as a beta ST.

    it's also quite easy to see strrrng as an Se type; he clearly does not fear confrontation. additionally, he has goals such as improving his muscular physique, which he seems to show off at any given opportunity and be rather dedicated and strong-willed towards improving.

  17. #17
    from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Posts
    3,401
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Aww, cool, Nick's my Dual now?


    Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

  18. #18
    Hot Message FDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Freiburg im Breisgau
    TIM
    ENTj
    Posts
    15,626
    Mentioned
    156 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I'm not against the idea really, but we should also consider how some IEI males tend to socially feel more the need for a development in their ability to think logically (a good example would be Auvi).
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

  19. #19
    strrrng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    TIM
    Ni-IEI 4w3 sx/so
    Posts
    8,781
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by niff
    i have been asked to elaborate. briefly:

    much of the deliberation, in my mind anyway, that has gone on about strrrng's type has been between the four beta types, any of which i think some semblance of a coherent case can be made for. socially, strrrng's association with people like ashton and allie and rather haphazard and "jokey" (and often obnoxious) communication style (ie "i just realized i'm a rigid and dogmatic bastard rapist terrorist TiSe lol") seems to point to beta.
    lol, fair enough.

    strrrng has, however, always been fairly apt at dealing with socionics ideas, seemingly when he feels like it. this is something that i've noted from my interactions with him; when challenged, or when he feels up to discussing something seriously with me, he has proven largely to play the part of a reasonable person, who seems highly capable of understanding and analyzing socionics concepts. he seemed, however, to shift from this state back into his more typical intellectual laziness and simply going along with whatever bullshit justification he's already heard to prove a particular point. often this has to do with specific points that he's already decided are a certain way... for example, we can have a very rational discussion about various unexplored socionics things, and then have him immediately revert to talking nonsense if the discussion shifts to the subject of my type. this may perhaps speak to strrrng's self-proposed rigidity towards new ideas.
    This makes sense for Ti base. Picking and choosing when/if I feel like using it, since I have confidence in it, not feeligng the need to always justify it. And yeah, I could see Ne polr manifesting in the rigidity.

    strrrng has always been highly capable in my eyes of logical thinking. he has always seemed "good at" socionics, and at piecing together parts of the puzzle, so to speak. he's also seemed highly confident at defending his conclusions. all of this is not necessarily impossible for a type such as IEI, but for many IEIs on the forum (ie starfall, esper, allie) such confidence does not come naturally so much as a great deal of hesitation about their conclusions. overall, strrrng's disposition is a better fit as a beta ST.
    I agree. I've always felt comfortable working within the framework of socionics, and have felt the same way about other Ti ideas I explored in the past. And I think having Se creative could result in the certainty of my own understanding of it.

    it's also quite easy to see strrrng as an Se type; he clearly does not fear confrontation. additionally, he has goals such as improving his muscular physique, which he seems to show off at any given opportunity and be rather dedicated and strong-willed towards improving.
    Correct. I've always felt a strong awareness of my physical self and the variables in the environment. Confrontation always seemed to provide a high for me, and most of the time I wouldn't even take it seriously, but rather, would simply enjoy engaging in the heat of the moment to see how far the limits could be pushed. And yeah, I agree, the attitude I take towards exercise is definitely what you would expect from a beta ST. It's very absolute, all-or-nothing, and I don't want anyone else's help or guidance with it.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

  20. #20
    strrrng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    TIM
    Ni-IEI 4w3 sx/so
    Posts
    8,781
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    I'm not against the idea really, but we should also consider how some IEI males tend to socially feel more the need for a development in their ability to think logically (a good example would be Auvi).
    It's not just about general logical thinking; anyone can improve that. I described in my first post how Ti felt like a natural state.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

  21. #21
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2005
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Posts
    11,586
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by niffweed17 View Post
    i have been asked to elaborate. briefly:

    much of the deliberation, in my mind anyway, that has gone on about strrrng's type has been between the four beta types, any of which i think some semblance of a coherent case can be made for. socially, strrrng's association with people like ashton and allie and rather haphazard and "jokey" (and often obnoxious) communication style (ie "i just realized i'm a rigid and dogmatic bastard rapist terrorist TiSe lol") seems to point to beta.

    strrrng has, however, always been fairly apt at dealing with socionics ideas, seemingly when he feels like it. this is something that i've noted from my interactions with him; when challenged, or when he feels up to discussing something seriously with me, he has proven largely to play the part of a reasonable person, who seems highly capable of understanding and analyzing socionics concepts. he seemed, however, to shift from this state back into his more typical intellectual laziness and simply going along with whatever bullshit justification he's already heard to prove a particular point. often this has to do with specific points that he's already decided are a certain way... for example, we can have a very rational discussion about various unexplored socionics things, and then have him immediately revert to talking nonsense if the discussion shifts to the subject of my type. this may perhaps speak to strrrng's self-proposed rigidity towards new ideas.


    strrrng has always been highly capable in my eyes of logical thinking. he has always seemed "good at" socionics, and at piecing together parts of the puzzle, so to speak. he's also seemed highly confident at defending his conclusions. all of this is not necessarily impossible for a type such as IEI, but for many IEIs on the forum (ie starfall, esper, allie) such confidence does not come naturally so much as a great deal of hesitation about their conclusions. overall, strrrng's disposition is a better fit as a beta ST.

    it's also quite easy to see strrrng as an Se type; he clearly does not fear confrontation. additionally, he has goals such as improving his muscular physique, which he seems to show off at any given opportunity and be rather dedicated and strong-willed towards improving.
    You are very easy to manipulate.

  22. #22

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    8,578
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by discojoe View Post
    You are very easy to manipulate.
    believe me, i'm not ready to declare all of this as genuine. even if it isn't, LSI makes some sense.

  23. #23
    dbmmama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    2,831
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    this really has me baffled now. strrrng, you're the one i've identified with the most since i got here and this changes the whole dynamic of my understanding of the types.

    does this also mean your typings of celebs and such are going to be different now because your own understanding of the types and such has changed?

  24. #24
    strrrng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    TIM
    Ni-IEI 4w3 sx/so
    Posts
    8,781
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dj
    You are very easy to manipulate.
    lol, ascribing little Fi motives to my thread? I would ask you to dispute any of the points I or anyone else has made. Otherwise, this just makes me think you have some random vendetta against me.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

  25. #25
    strrrng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    TIM
    Ni-IEI 4w3 sx/so
    Posts
    8,781
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dbmmama
    this really has me baffled now. strrrng, you're the one i've identified with the most since i got here and this changes the whole dynamic of my understanding of the types.

    does this also mean your typings of celebs and such are going to be different now because your own understanding of the types and such has changed?
    I don't know how my "system" will or won't change, lol. As for your type, ENFj could work.
    Last edited by strrrng; 08-18-2008 at 09:04 PM.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

  26. #26
    what is essential is invisible to the eye fox's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Space
    TIM
    ILI
    Posts
    12,802
    Mentioned
    367 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

    Default

    I've accepted you as an IEI who has rather strong Se and Ti, but I guess ISTj would make better sense for you in that aspect.

    On another note, there are two IEI males that I personally know who have the same kind of confrontational aggressiveness that you have strrrng. They have a stubborn, self assured nature, but I think it's more of a shell that they've learned to develop over the years. The way I differ from them is that I'll actually revert inward and take things out on myself, while they'll refuse to do that, preferring to fight things out more externally.

    What made you decide on IEI in the first place?
    Quote Originally Posted by jxrtes View Post
    betas should be kept in zoos for children to stare and throw pop corn at.

  27. #27
    strrrng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    TIM
    Ni-IEI 4w3 sx/so
    Posts
    8,781
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Starfall
    What made you decide on IEI anyway?
    Ashton's model.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

  28. #28
    dbmmama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    2,831
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Starfall View Post
    I've accepted you as an IEI who has rather strong Se and Ti, but I guess ISTj would make better sense for you in that aspect.

    On another note, there are two IEI males that I personally know who have the same kind of confrontational aggressiveness that you have strrrng. They have a stubborn, self assured nature, but I think it's more of a shell that they've learned to develop over the years. The way I differ from them is that I'll actually revert inward and take things out on myself, while they'll refuse to do that, preferring to fight things out more externally.

    What made you decide on IEI in the first place?
    starfall,

    how do you know for sure that those two males are IEI? it's a bit confusing that one IEI would go inward, like i would think an Ni base person would. with another IEI going outward like an extroverted base person would.

    strrrng, which do you do? or is it a combo? because i know i do both depending on the person, situation, etc...

  29. #29
    strrrng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    TIM
    Ni-IEI 4w3 sx/so
    Posts
    8,781
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dbmmama
    starfall,

    how do you know for sure that those two males are IEI? it's a bit confusing that one IEI would go inward, like i would think an Ni base person would. with another IEI going outward like an extroverted base person would.

    strrrng, which do you do? or is it a combo? because i know i do both depending on the person, situation, etc...
    _______
    The example she gave is to vague to make an assessment on.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

  30. #30
    dbmmama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    2,831
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by strrrng View Post
    The example she gave is to vague to make an assessment on.
    that just sounds like a cop out to me.

  31. #31
    Expat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    10,853
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by strrrng View Post
    Ashton's model.
    Speaking of which --

    I'm being a bit mischievous, but also genuinely curious. So, previously, you "were" INFp with Ashton as ENTj, that is, with him as your supervisor.

    So, how does that work now? You are ISTj and he's still your supervisor ie he's ENTp? Or it was never supervision but illusion? Or something else?
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

  32. #32
    ...been here longer than the fucking monarchy Ezra's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    UK
    TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Posts
    9,169
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dbmmama View Post
    i'm coming to understand that a lot of people here misinterpret Fe as this "in your face" thing. which i don't believe it is. it's more about picking up on vibes and relaying certain vibes back and they don't always have to be all out there. i can pick up on the subtlest of vibes just as easily as the loud and obnoxious ones.
    If you observe Kristiina for any length of time on cam, she easily flattens this Fe myth.

    Quote Originally Posted by ifmd95 View Post
    I had become fairly convinced you were Ni-INFp, which might give sufficiently strong Ti and Te.
    I don't understand this. How does an IEI give "sufficiently strong" Te?

    Quote Originally Posted by niffweed17 View Post
    i have been asked to elaborate. briefly:

    much of the deliberation, in my mind anyway, that has gone on about strrrng's type has been between the four beta types, any of which i think some semblance of a coherent case can be made for. socially, strrrng's association with people like ashton and allie and rather haphazard and "jokey" (and often obnoxious) communication style (ie "i just realized i'm a rigid and dogmatic bastard rapist terrorist TiSe lol") seems to point to beta.

    strrrng has, however, always been fairly apt at dealing with socionics ideas, seemingly when he feels like it. this is something that i've noted from my interactions with him; when challenged, or when he feels up to discussing something seriously with me, he has proven largely to play the part of a reasonable person, who seems highly capable of understanding and analyzing socionics concepts. he seemed, however, to shift from this state back into his more typical intellectual laziness and simply going along with whatever bullshit justification he's already heard to prove a particular point. often this has to do with specific points that he's already decided are a certain way... for example, we can have a very rational discussion about various unexplored socionics things, and then have him immediately revert to talking nonsense if the discussion shifts to the subject of my type. this may perhaps speak to strrrng's self-proposed rigidity towards new ideas.


    strrrng has always been highly capable in my eyes of logical thinking. he has always seemed "good at" socionics, and at piecing together parts of the puzzle, so to speak. he's also seemed highly confident at defending his conclusions. all of this is not necessarily impossible for a type such as IEI, but for many IEIs on the forum (ie starfall, esper, allie) such confidence does not come naturally so much as a great deal of hesitation about their conclusions. overall, strrrng's disposition is a better fit as a beta ST.

    it's also quite easy to see strrrng as an Se type; he clearly does not fear confrontation. additionally, he has goals such as improving his muscular physique, which he seems to show off at any given opportunity and be rather dedicated and strong-willed towards improving.
    This paints a very different picture from the strrrng I know. However, it is a welcome difference. This new strrrng I like far, far more. I could even see myself respecting him.

    Quote Originally Posted by strrrng View Post
    lol, ascribing little Fi motives to my thread? I would ask you to dispute any of the points I or anyone else has made. Otherwise, this just makes me think you have some random vendetta against me.
    I don't think it's against you, Nick. He's recognising that niffweed is prone to changing his thoughts about someone (or seeming to do so). I see the same phenomenon in Expat, actually. I'm going to start a topic about it.

    Quote Originally Posted by strrrng View Post
    As for your type, ENFj could work.
    I agree. I think EIE fits dbmmama very well.

    Quote Originally Posted by dbmmama View Post
    that just sounds like a cop out to me.
    No, he's right. There is limited information from which to deduce any kind of definite claims.

    Quote Originally Posted by Expat View Post
    Speaking of which --

    I'm being a bit mischievous, but also genuinely curious. So, previously, you "were" INFp with Ashton as ENTj, that is, with him as your supervisor.

    So, how does that work now? You are ISTj and he's still your supervisor ie he's ENTp? Or it was never supervision but illusion? Or something else?
    When last I heard from Nick, SLE was the consensus (for lack of a better term).

  33. #33
    what is essential is invisible to the eye fox's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Space
    TIM
    ILI
    Posts
    12,802
    Mentioned
    367 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dbmmama View Post
    starfall,

    how do you know for sure that those two males are IEI?

    I probably can't provide a good basis for why I think these two guys are IEI's, and of course you can't trust my insight's or observations, as I am by no means an expert. I know them both very well; one of them is my father, the other I've known for 8 years. I remember when a therapist tested me and the younger IEI on our personalities we received almost identical results, only differing in one question. We are also very similar in the way we internally process information, and from my perspective he has strong Ni. I have thought about LSI and even SLI as a possibility's for my father (he's very intelligent, but seems to make poor emotional assessments), but for whatever reason I always return to IEI for him.

    Quote Originally Posted by dbmmama View Post
    it's a bit confusing that one IEI would go inward, like i would think an Ni base person would. with another IEI going outward like an extroverted base person would.
    I guess by go outward, I mean as being physically aggressive to solve problems. The IEI who is closer to my age would threaten to physically assault people when he felt like he had enough of them (he's been known to push people into walls, or punch them in the nose). He's not a naturally aggressive person, but I don't think he knows how to properly control himself in heated situations (especially when Te is thrown at him), as if punching people seems to be good enough justification to him. Inside he's a sweet and sensitive guy who means well, who's just haunted by a huge ego. When I am emotionally unhealthy, I'll tend to take things out on myself, rather than harm other people, which I would never do - In a way, both of these down spiraling systems can be seen in a similar light, as they both involve punishment in some way or another.

    I hope that makes sense. :-/
    Quote Originally Posted by jxrtes View Post
    betas should be kept in zoos for children to stare and throw pop corn at.

  34. #34
    strrrng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    TIM
    Ni-IEI 4w3 sx/so
    Posts
    8,781
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dbmmama
    that just sounds like a cop out to me.
    It wasn't. I didn't really know what to do with her example.

    Quote Originally Posted by Expat
    Speaking of which --

    I'm being a bit mischievous, but also genuinely curious. So, previously, you "were" INFp with Ashton as ENTj, that is, with him as your supervisor.

    So, how does that work now? You are ISTj and he's still your supervisor ie he's ENTp? Or it was never supervision but illusion? Or something else?
    dunno
    4w3-5w6-8w7

  35. #35
    strrrng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    TIM
    Ni-IEI 4w3 sx/so
    Posts
    8,781
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    this shit is frustrating...there are arguments both ways. fuck a type lol
    4w3-5w6-8w7

  36. #36
    strrrng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    TIM
    Ni-IEI 4w3 sx/so
    Posts
    8,781
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    This is a very good argument (probably better than my initial post in this thread) for my being INFp

    Quote Originally Posted by discojoe
    You don't come across as particularly calm or balanced, or as having any other IJ temperament stereotype that I can think of. ISTjs I've known have tended to stoically stand by and take harsh criticism, often making an "Are you done?" face at the critic, whereas you seem to take such criticism very personally, reacting in an emotional torrent, as if you're worried about some kind of exposure which might result in a public loss of face. You tend to lace your comments with lots of slighting, condescending lols and "oh really?" type statements, (Oh, you're saying this stupid thing, lol?) as if to let the other person know that you know what they're up to (i.e., Fe reading-between-the-lines). The added lols help add a layer of condescension to the comments, as though you're merely humoring a child who's said something foolish, and letting everyone know how amusing you find it. These are clear Fe games.

    I think the displays of Se you've made in the forum have been weak and compensatory, like when you threatened to beat various people up and bragged about your fighting abilities, even though that couldn't possibly have put any Se pressure on anyone who read it. I don't see how someone with strong Se would make such a major miscalculation regarding the application of force. You also seem to get intimidated by aggressive displays of Se made at you, tending to back out of such situations after making a few angry exiting remarks.
    Last edited by strrrng; 08-19-2008 at 02:03 AM.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

  37. #37
    misutii's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    1,234
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    strrrng, how do you spend your leisure time?

    How are your time management skills? By time management I mean managing time when it matters. So if you have an exam in a week what is your typical way of preparing?

    Also in terms of you being physically active, do you have nearby sources (lol as in people that provide) . Is this physical activity a routine, directed towards a goal, just for fun, for distraction etc.?

    When you're under stress, and have no one to rely on except yourself, how are you most prone to deal with it?

    When you hang out with another person do you naturally consider yourself responsible for the mood/atmosphere or with the progression/completion of whatever activity is being done?

    How do you normally respond to another person (you care about) when you see them is obvious distress? Does comforting a person in such a situation tend to exhaust you?

    Anyways as you can tell these all relate to + vs. + ego

    edit: Also I'd like to point out that an IEI's ability to use his/her logical functions adequately tends to be circumstantial and very much dependent on their mood. In other words a healthy IEI who happens to be in a good mood may appear to work like an LSI in the office at first. But if you keep an eye on him/her and wait for that mood to change you'll notice they aren't an LSI (you have to look closely though because Ni keeps the IEI aware of how they ought to behave to avoid negative attention so they'll appear to be typing away while you're looking at them but the minute you look away they've minimized the excel tab and are playing solitaire, or browsing the forum lol
    Last edited by misutii; 08-18-2008 at 11:05 PM.
    INFp-Ni

  38. #38
    strrrng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    TIM
    Ni-IEI 4w3 sx/so
    Posts
    8,781
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by misutii
    strrrng, how do you spend your leisure time?
    It depends on my current state of mind. I will either be on a strict exercise regime, eat well, engage in productive study of various things orrr........sit on the computer all day, eating cheez its, drinking coffee (but I brush my teeth!), basically in that "intellectually lazy" state niffweed spoke about.

    How are your time management skills? By time management I mean managing time when it matters. So if you have an exam in a week what is your typical way of preparing?
    depends on the difficulty of the exam and how good I am in that subject, etc. I typically do what's necessary. I have willpower to do things if I am passionate about them or need to. On the other hand, if my internal vision/principles (lol ) tell me not to do something, I just blow it off and rationalize why. Guess that doesn't say much lol.

    Also in terms of you being physically active, do you have nearby sources (lol as in people that provide Se). Is this physical activity a routine, directed towards a goal, just for fun, for distraction etc.?
    lol, my closest friend is Se-ESTp 7w6 sx/so, so I guess you could say he's a "source" of motivation . But my white picket fence neighborhood (stupid ugly yentas think they're hot shit, all the guys are fat pussies lol) has a weight room and pool, I have some heavy bags, jump rope, etc. It just comes down to motivation. Sometimes training will be guided by some internal ideal (4 fantasy self?), other times it will be for a concrete goal...every now and then just for fun.

    When you're under stress, and have no one to rely on except yourself, how are you most prone to deal with it?
    hmm...it really depends. One time I over-did my exercise, others I've just smoked like 4 black n milds, alcohol a few times...I think my sx instinct manifests a lot then, cause it becomes misguided and I engage in negative behaviors for the sake of receiving a "charge."

    When you hang out, are you responsible for affecting the mood/atmosphere?
    yes . I know how to play that game well.

    How do you normally respond to another person (you care about) when you see them is obvious distress? Does comforting a person in such a situation tend to exhaust you?
    I try to ease them into venting about the problems without putting too much pressure on them. It doesn't exhaust me - especially if it's someone I care about. Most of the time I think ppl should be left to their own devices and not bitch for hand-outs, but I know when a friend is in true need of help and am willing to give it.

    Anyways as you can tell these all relate to Ni+Fe vs. Ti+Se ego
    4w3-5w6-8w7

  39. #39
    Steve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    1,457
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    lol

  40. #40

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    8,578
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by esper View Post
    Well, Ne-Roles characteristically don't think notions through to the point of stupidity...how about SLE? Oh, btw dbmamma says I'm LSI now so, no, you cannot rape me.

    Oh, and I must make an announcement, niffweed: I really do not doubt my own understanding so much as the validity of the information I recieve. Unlike a Ne-Role I keep in mind the real alternative possibilities that are available and keep them all in mind until they are accounted for. I may muse for fun and get your opinion, but I in no way doubt my ability to understand. In fact, I don't really ever change my mind until you give me sufficient evidence to stand on.

    THUS, MY NEW LOGICAL TYPE! (HAR HAR)
    i have absolutely no idea what the fuck the point that you're trying to make might be.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •