Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 64

Thread: MBTI =/= Socionics!

  1. #1
    Creepy-

    Default MBTI =/= Socionics!

    I think this needs rehashing, so let's all post both our Socionics type and our MBTI type (if we happen to know both of them).

    Socionics: INFp
    MBTI: INFP

  2. #2
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default



    Socionics: ENTp
    MBTI: INFJ

    seriously.... wtf???
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

  3. #3
    Expat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    10,853
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Socionics: ENTj
    MBTI: INTJ

    I must add that among the typelogic descriptions, I still identify best (not fully) with INTJ. I used to test INTJ or INTP, always with very slight J or P preference. But I'm not sure that I'd test as INTJ today, that had to with the self-perception of introversion.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

  4. #4

    Default

    INTp & INTP

    No, my J does not switch. Fuck off.

  5. #5
    Hot Message FDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Freiburg im Breisgau
    TIM
    ENTj
    Posts
    15,626
    Mentioned
    156 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    ENTP MBTI (With borderline J/P)

    ENTj socionics.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    i forgot
    Posts
    558
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    MBTI: INTP (very fast, very clear, very consistent).
    Socionics: INTx (but oh, what a mess to get to that point).

    Getting my MBTI type was easier, but I like the socionics descriptions, and setup better (especially the intertype relations, which is what got me into this thing in the first place).
    thing.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    1,246
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Two way entp.
    Entp
    ILE

  8. #8
    ILE - ENTp 1981slater's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Spain
    TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Posts
    4,866
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default X

    ggg
    ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

    To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.

  9. #9
    schrödinger's cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    IEE
    Posts
    1,186
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    MBTI ENFP. Socionic tests: INFJ. Socionic desriptions: ENFp ethical subtype.

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    TIM
    LII
    Posts
    437
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    ok, ishy.

    MBTI: INTJ

    Socionics (best fit + test): INTj, intuitive subtype.

  11. #11
    Expat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    10,853
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    So it seems so far that the only things that remain constant between MBTI and socionics is whether someone is intuitive or sensor, and thinker or feeler - -

    And in the case of Joy, not even that - - ENTp and INFJ
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

  12. #12

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    354
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    MBTI - INTj (Sometimes INTp)
    Socionics - INTj

  13. #13
    snegledmaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    1,900
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Expat
    So it seems so far that the only things that remain constant between MBTI and socionics is whether someone is intuitive or sensor, and thinker or feeler - -

    And in the case of Joy, not even that - - ENTp and INFJ
    You spoke to early my friend.

    Socionics: ISFp
    MBTI: INTP

  14. #14

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,074
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    MBTI: ENTP
    Socionics: ISTp
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!


    Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

  15. #15
    Let's fly now Gilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Posts
    24,757
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    MBTI: ENTP/INFP
    Socionics: ENTp
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

    Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

  16. #16
    Creepy-

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Expat
    So it seems so far that the only things that remain constant between MBTI and socionics is whether someone is intuitive or sensor, and thinker or feeler - -

    And in the case of Joy, not even that - - ENTp and INFJ
    Well, I think there is going to be 1 letter in common, maybe more if you're lucky

  17. #17
    XoX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    4,407
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    MBTI: ISTP
    Socionics ISTp

    Socionics type is not crystal clear since tests I've done sometimes give other options too (like ESTj, ESTp, ISTj). Based on descriptions ISTp is always best fit.

  18. #18
    I'm back, assholes! Herzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    TIM
    SLE
    Posts
    5,098
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

    Default

    MBTI: xSTP (more likely ESTP)

    Socionics: ESTp to the core!
    , Se-sub
    8w8-3w8-7w8 sx/sx

  19. #19

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    703
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    MBTI: INTP (and on one test, ISTP)
    Socionics: INTj

  20. #20

    Default

    ENTP - MBTI
    ENTp - Socionics
    ILE

  21. #21

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    England
    Posts
    354
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    ISTp socionics
    ISTp MBTI

    Socionics function order is definately the correct one though.
    Friendly ISTp
    Interested in everything, yes, EVERYTHING
    Flower's motto: Life's too short even to do the things you want to, let alone the things you dont!!

  22. #22

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    180
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    INFP and INFp/IEI.
    Lyricist

    "Supposing the entity of the poet to be represented by the number 10, it is certain that a chemist, on analyzing it, would find it to be composed of one part interest and nine parts vanity." (Victor Hugo)

  23. #23

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    42
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    ISFJ for both

  24. #24
    Creepy-pokeball

    Default

    This is humorous:

    Self- ENFj/p MBTI (althogh professional administer thought I was that I and INFJ-MBTI because she could tell that "I thought before I spoke") but my score was dead even on J/P. She decided J because I was the only person ever to fill out the entire forum even though she had not asked me too. I thought I was being curteous but whatever.

    Socionics: ENFj/p LOL on face and reverse.

    Best friend: ISTP-MBTI
    INFP-Socionics (I had a *boggle* moment on that one... he fits the descriptions yet... I have yet to ever see Ni from him!!!)

    One of the things is wondering if these tests test for the wrong things. I wonder if I/E is completely seperate from the whole as well as J/P. I also wonder how much pluralism plays a role. Why cant the idea of specific functions be equally strong?

  25. #25

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,074
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jadae
    Self- ENFj/p MBTI (althogh professional administer thought I was that I and INFJ-MBTI because she could tell that "I thought before I spoke") but my score was dead even on J/P. She decided J because I was the only person ever to fill out the entire forum even though she had not asked me too. I thought I was being curteous but whatever.
    Actually, my Mom tested as an INFJ on one of those MBTI tests at her work, but she is in no way an INFj... definate ENFj.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!


    Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

  26. #26
    Creepy-pokeball

    Default

    The problem is that I identify heavily with all 4 NF's and Im confortable with that =( As one example that I was thinking of earlier, my quasi-ID's and I have great times and Ive never run into the relationship behavior pattern listed for socionics. In fact, ENFPs seem to be the most likely attracted to me (why? I have no clue but I bet it is value related--as in social values and principples). It makes it even more confusing since my mother is an INFx so I have no clue how much nurture is playing a part since I only had one parent's influence.

    But yeah, for I, it is confusing because EFJ's are the most reserved, in general, of all of the extraverts...yet, I sorta feel like a switch-hitter! I dont mind either world and I seem to be comfortable and draw energy from both. From looking at it in a positive light-- this seems to be really beneficial for my strong "I" friends since they get the best of both worlds and I give them space when it feels like they need it which benefits me as well because it is nice to escape sometimes. Yet! cabin fever blows after a day or three.

  27. #27

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    1,246
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    But yeah, for I, it is confusing because EFJ's are the most reserved, in general, of all of the extraverts...yet, I sorta feel like a switch-hitter! I dont mind either world and I seem to be comfortable and draw energy from both. From looking at it in a positive light-- this seems to be really beneficial for my strong "I" friends since they get the best of both worlds and I give them space when it feels like they need it which benefits me as well because it is nice to escape sometimes. Yet! cabin fever blows after a day or three.

    Wow, great insight! My daughter is esfj and she can seem quite introverted, but then that Fe is just so so so there, you know? I just can't help but see her esfj-ness. You efj's are great, I think, very easy to get along with!
    Entp
    ILE

  28. #28

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    291
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blaze
    But yeah, for I, it is confusing because EFJ's are the most reserved, in general, of all of the extraverts...yet, I sorta feel like a switch-hitter! I dont mind either world and I seem to be comfortable and draw energy from both. From looking at it in a positive light-- this seems to be really beneficial for my strong "I" friends since they get the best of both worlds and I give them space when it feels like they need it which benefits me as well because it is nice to escape sometimes. Yet! cabin fever blows after a day or three.

    Wow, great insight! My daughter is esfj and she can seem quite introverted, but then that Fe is just so so so there, you know? I just can't help but see her esfj-ness. You efj's are great, I think, very easy to get along with!
    I don't know if anybody noticed this as well, but the pic on Blaze's avatar is an ENFj!

  29. #29
    Creepy-pokeball

    Default

    I noticed something interesting but the sample base is so limited but... I really like both vocal female ENTp's (Blaze and Joy) on this forum. Theyre people that I could say to myself as, "Yeah, they'd be awesome to know irl."

  30. #30

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    291
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jadae
    I noticed something interesting but the sample base is so limited but... I really like both vocal female ENTp's (Blaze and Joy) on this forum. Theyre people that I could say to myself as, "Yeah, they'd be awesome to know irl."
    lol, it is not like you people live on different planets...

  31. #31
    Creepy-pokeball

    Default

    I agree in both senses of the meaning. However, the likelihood of ever seeing anyone here that does not live or travel in my area is slim to none.

  32. #32

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    1,246
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I would go to Oregon to see Crater Lake (oops I hope it's on Oregon, it might be in Washington state). Maybe when the kids are older!
    Entp
    ILE

  33. #33
    Creepy-pokeball

    Default

    It's in Oregon by the Cali border.

  34. #34

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    1,246
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Have you been there? It seems like to would be awesome. I just love the National Parks. Several years ago I and my husband flew to Vegas and then did the Zion, Bryce, Grand Canyon deal (camping and hiking) then drove up to Sequoia and Kings Canyon and spent a second week there before flying back out of Vegas. It was the best vacation ever!
    Entp
    ILE

  35. #35
    Creepy-pokeball

    Default

    I have not. I thought about going to either California of British Columbia this spring break to visit some large gardens. I live in Portland Metro which is basically the opposite side of Crater Lake. My favorite national park in Oregon is prolly Ecola which is a beach and kind naturalesque. I used to love Arcadia but el nino at half of it into the ocean lol. "oops"

  36. #36

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    237
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    hjjgjghjgf

  37. #37
    Creepy-pokeball

    Default

    Uhm, any type can be tough. Te-Ni's are logically strong in the sense of arguement and verbal capacity. Ive seen this from even the nicest of people that have tested for this. I do not think N's are weak either. I'd feel sorry for anyone that thought I was weak. N's are cunning little bastards--to put it not so nicely.

  38. #38
    Expat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    10,853
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jadae
    Te-Ni's are logically strong in the sense of arguement and verbal capacity.
    Try using your argument and strong logic against an ESFp bent on getting his/her way through sheer . Logic and sound arguments are meaningless in such cases. The kind of "tough" is the ability, or the inclination, to say things like "don't mess up with me, don't try to confuse me with your fuzzy numbers, whatever they mean. We're doing things my way because that's the way it's going to be. No, I don't care that I said the exact opposite 5 minutes ago. What does it matter what I said 5 minutes ago? Now is now." Etc etc.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

  39. #39

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    237
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jadae
    Uhm, any type can be tough. Te-Ni's are logically strong in the sense of arguement and verbal capacity. Ive seen this from even the nicest of people that have tested for this. I do not think N's are weak either. I'd feel sorry for anyone that thought I was weak. N's are cunning little bastards--to put it not so nicely.
    You are talking about several different things:

    1) Ability to reason in a logical way succesfully and arrive at a proper argument
    2) Weakness (>< strength) - This is too general and you can be strong/weak in a multitude of domains
    3) Ability to be cunning

    To make sure we're not arguing semantics, let me state that I'm talking about being 4) "tough-minded" (from M-W): a) realistic b) unsentimental in temper or outlook. You can be 4 independent of 1, 2 and 3. Some tough minded people cannot reason succesfully, are overall weak and are not cunning. Yes, any type can be tough, but no type is as tough on average than certain types. xSTP's are alot tougher than xNFP's are. N's are not tough minded. They are not "a) realistic".

    Therefor, the toughest type cannot be an N. However, Myers seemed to believe this. Further evidence of this error, the MBTI N scale correlates very strongly with the Five Factor scale "Opennes to New Experiences". They are very similar. Funnily enough, this scale was once called "Tender-mindedness" by some researchers!

    I had a very interesting conversation with Dmitri once. His outlook on this error was that Myers, being an INFP, had the ENTJ in relation of supervision to her... Which "biased" her descriptions.
    ENTj - intuitive subtype - 8w9, sp/sx

  40. #40

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    TIM
    LII
    Posts
    437
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Expat
    Quote Originally Posted by Jadae
    Te-Ni's are logically strong in the sense of arguement and verbal capacity.
    Try using your argument and strong logic against an ESFp bent on getting his/her way through sheer . Logic and sound arguments are meaningless in such cases. The kind of "tough" is the ability, or the inclination, to say things like "don't mess up with me, don't try to confuse me with your fuzzy numbers, whatever they mean. We're doing things my way because that's the way it's going to be. No, I don't care that I said the exact opposite 5 minutes ago. What does it matter what I said 5 minutes ago? Now is now." Etc etc.
    ahahahaha!!!!

    boy do i know this! those ESFps get their way through sheer repetition and bulldozing. in my office, sometimes by feigning memory loss that the topic was ever discussed at any time in the past, let alone yesterday. even if they're too polite to keep arguing, and can't overcome the logic, tomorrow they come again to ask for the same impossible thing, as though they never asked for it before! my colleague, also an engineer, tried to explain to one of the ESFps in sales, how the thing that they want is kind of illegal and against safe engineering practices - she tried to explain the rationale of why such a thing is inadvisable. he listened (or pretended to? with their strong Fi it's hard to gauge when they are really sincere and when they're faking it) then replied 'i don't care, i want it'.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •