Thread: These "SLIs"

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default These "SLIs"

I'm sick of them. I'm sick of their dumb fucking attitude to socionics, and I'm sick of their ridiculous claims about Delta and about how they are Si base. It's utter bullshit.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You need a life outside socionics, Ezra. Calm down, little child.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol @ ur belittlement attempts

I have less and less respect for you daily.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Controversial thread?

Doesn't look like it.
    SLI/ISTp -- Te subtype

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't worry jess, he's just a bit scared.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra View Post
    I'm sick of them. I'm sick of their dumb fucking attitude to socionics, and I'm sick of their ridiculous claims about Delta and about how they are Si base. It's utter bullshit.
    Ezra, why are you selling yourself short?
    You can do better than this.

You want to be a leader? Lead people towards understanding socionics correctly, and objectively. I can sort of understand that's what you want to do, but going about it in this way isn't going to work.

I'm really tired of arguing with you (and others) about petty shit, so I'm going to try to not step to you in that fashion. Just getting angry at random shit isn't going to be productive. I know, I've seen the results of when I do such.

If your goal is to promote a better understanding of socionics, then act like it. Look at how Expat generally posts - he doesn't say things like that. Expat's not god, but we're looking for some role models here. He's probably a better example than myself, and he's someone you seem to respect. I'm not saying you have to try to be more detached or passionless, but you can't just dump anger and expect things to go smoothly.

If you're just here to say how shitty people are, and how stupid they are, then all you're going to get is anger, and more personal battles, rather than actual socionics learning. Again, I have done that, so I'm not saying I'm above you or better than you. I'm just trying to say that we need to step it up a little bit if we're going to do anything of much worth.

Especially if you're going to be influential and express your thoughts on a lot of other things, you have to demonstrate what good socionics practice is. It basically comes down to what one chooses to say - is one saying something to promote his own interests and thoughts and status and logic and understanding, or, is one trying to enhance the understanding of the community, of the theory. Is it just self serving, or is it creating positive things for more than just your own self?

Now look, I don't have this mastered, but this what I am seeing - this is what seems to need to be done, to improve the quality of socionics discussion that is going on in this forum. A lot of people are trying to have good discussions, and trying to learn and promote understanding. Help them, help the forum, move towards that end.
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sweet, I managed to go 3 weeks without my type being questioned. Congrats, forum.
    "Those who make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities..."

- Voltaire

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LokiVanguard View Post
    Sweet, I managed to go 3 weeks without my type being questioned. Congrats, forum.
    Hey, LV, which quadra or type do you think the forum will collectively shit over next week? I think it's Gamma's turn, but I'm not so sure...
    SLI/ISTp -- Te subtype

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by force my hand View Post
    Hey, LV, which quadra or type do you think the forum will collectively shit over next week? I think it's Gamma's turn, but I'm not so sure...
    Yeah I think Gamma is more than due, but, I don't know... I think it'll flip back to Alpha in about a week, we just have to wait for more of their posts to be scrutinized.

- Voltaire

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ISTp cat:

-VI's as an ISTp - note the aesthetic fur.
    -Si evident in proximity of subject to couch.
    -Check out that fucking pose - think an ENTj could stretch like that? No wai.
    SLI/ISTp -- Te subtype

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a theory that all the fake INTj's are really ISTp's and all the pretender SLI's are in fact LII's. It makes perfect sense.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why would anyone question your type? You seem as ISTp as ISTp can be...
    Hi! I'm an ENFP. :-)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jewels View Post
    Why would anyone question your type? You seem as ISTp as ISTp can be...
    Heh, you'd be surprised. Apparently people still think Te is my PoRL.

- Voltaire

TIM
    ??
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

like?
    <Crispy> what subt doesnt understand is that a healthy reaction to "FUCK YOU" is and not

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UDP View Post
    Ezra, why are you selling yourself short?
    You can do better than this.

You want to be a leader? Lead people towards understanding socionics correctly, and objectively. I can sort of understand that's what you want to do, but going about it in this way isn't going to work.

I'm really tired of arguing with you (and others) about petty shit, so I'm going to try to not step to you in that fashion. Just getting angry at random shit isn't going to be productive. I know, I've seen the results of when I do such.

If your goal is to promote a better understanding of socionics, then act like it. Look at how Expat generally posts - he doesn't say things like that. Expat's not god, but we're looking for some role models here. He's probably a better example than myself, and he's someone you seem to respect. I'm not saying you have to try to be more detached or passionless, but you can't just dump anger and expect things to go smoothly.

If you're just here to say how shitty people are, and how stupid they are, then all you're going to get is anger, and more personal battles, rather than actual socionics learning. Again, I have done that, so I'm not saying I'm above you or better than you. I'm just trying to say that we need to step it up a little bit if we're going to do anything of much worth.

Especially if you're going to be influential and express your thoughts on a lot of other things, you have to demonstrate what good socionics practice is. It basically comes down to what one chooses to say - is one saying something to promote his own interests and thoughts and status and logic and understanding, or, is one trying to enhance the understanding of the community, of the theory. Is it just self serving, or is it creating positive things for more than just your own self?

Now look, I don't have this mastered, but this what I am seeing - this is what seems to need to be done, to improve the quality of socionics discussion that is going on in this forum. A lot of people are trying to have good discussions, and trying to learn and promote understanding. Help them, help the forum, move towards that end.
    You're right. I will take this into consideration in the future.

Heh, you'd be surprised. Apparently people still think Te is my PoRL.
    You mean your Place of Real Lurrrve?

TIM
    ILE-Ti
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last edited by Suomea; 09-27-2008 at 11:52 PM.
    Suomea

Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UDP View Post
    Expat's not god, but we're looking for some role models here.
    No offense meant towards Expat, but in my opinion he's just too much of an admirer of 'powerful' and 'important' people. No role model for me, just another imperfect human being, just like the rest of us.

Perhaps it's also a matter of age, but I have let go of looking for role models. You, and you only, are your best guide in live...
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You mean your Place of Real Lurrrve?

- Voltaire

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by consentingadult View Post
    No offense meant towards Expat, but in my opinion he's just too much of an admirer of 'powerful' and 'important' people. No role model for me, just another imperfect human being, just like the rest of us.
    Just to clarify, I didn't mean to sound like someone should be a role model for everyone else. The post was written specifically to Ezra, and perhaps it should have been a PM.

Perhaps it's also a matter of age, but I have let go of looking for role models. You, and you only, are your best guide in live...
    I pretty much agree. I don't even know if I can legitimately say I have a "role model". And ultimately, you have to live with the choices you make, wherever they lead you. And, sheer authenticity.
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great sig, UDP
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.