All the time.
    INFj

9w1 sp/sx

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by esper View Post
    Do you ever feel like you just had a profound thought but it happened beneath the level of your normal thoughts and you just have to wait for it to bubble up?

I just had one of those... ^_^
    yeah, but mine usually bubble up and come out in my writing or to whomever i'm talking or i have to call someone to say it outloud.

and they usually happen WHEN i'm talking to someone.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Profound, I don't know, but I often have scattered thoughts.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Winterpark View Post
    Profound, I don't know, but I often have scattered thoughts.
    in my coaching circles they call that "monkey mind." it helps to focus them to allow room for the profound ones to pop up.

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had this weird feeling all day, then I realized I hadn't eaten.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by strrrng View Post
    I had this weird feeling all day, then I realized I hadn't eaten.
    that's usually a given

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

never
    D-SEI 9w1

This is me and my dual being scientific together

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah, but when it "bubbles up", it's usually not as profound as it felt like it was
    "Language is the Rubicon that divides man from beast."

I've been waiting for you Satan's Avatar
    TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by esper View Post
    Do you ever feel like you just had a profound thought but it happened beneath the level of your normal thoughts and you just have to wait for it to bubble up?

I just had one of those... ^_^

Yeah, I find it helps to clear your mind if you want to allow things like "profound" thoughts to come up.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My most unexpected thoughts don't suddenly appear, disappear. and then "bubble up." They hit me to various degrees. Sometimes, they're barely conscious and I have to basically figure out what they were. Other times, they hit me like a bolt of lightning. It's actually interesting that one can notice a certain intensity attached to them.

Jason

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I kind of depend on other people to have profound thoughts, I think. I mean I like to read about other's profound thoughts and I try to use what I like and what I don't.

If I feel what you're saying I'll use it. If not, I won't- because I know if I try, it won't bring results to me. And well-intentioned advice is all riddled with that stuff. So if somebody that's kind of preachery, like dbmmama naturally is- I won't always use everything she says, but if she says something that I CAN use well that's great!

However if you're ALWAYS profound I will think you're kind of being sanctimonious and being like my supervisor instead of an equal, so then I'll try to think of someway to break our relationship. I have trouble effectively saying "Go away, you suck" when I really think it, as I'm hypersensitive to emotions. It comes across as more diplomatic than I really want it to. That's where I think my dual comes in. I guess.

TIM
    it's so pretty type
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My profound thoughts are not profound, they are simple. How profound! heehee It usually happens when I am talking to someone about a complicated situation or system or even 2 or 3 at once. Then, out of the blue, I say a phrase or sentence that sums up the entire concept in a nutshell. Usually it's cute and funny too the way I can connect and simplify it. I don't even know how I do it, even I am surprised when it comes out of my mouth and I have a good hearty laugh with everyone! And if I am with the right people, we can get into a hilarious expansion of my thought. The original concept could have even been something terrible and depressing and now we are doubled over cracking up! Does this sound familiar to anyone?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by macysmama View Post
    My profound thoughts are not profound, they are simple. How profound! heehee It usually happens when I am talking to someone about a complicated situation or system or even 2 or 3 at once. Then, out of the blue, I say a phrase or sentence that sums up the entire concept in a nutshell. Usually it's cute and funny too the way I can connect and simplify it. I don't even know how I do it, even I am surprised when it comes out of my mouth and I have a good hearty laugh with everyone! And if I am with the right people, we can get into a hilarious expansion of my thought. The original concept could have even been something terrible and depressing and now we are doubled over cracking up! Does this sound familiar to anyone?
    isn't her avatar so cute?

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Epiphany. I just had one a moment ago. I wonder if mine was the same as yours, or similar?

I will tell you mine if you like. Kinda awkward, like we have no cultural pretext for the discussion of this.

Jung called epiphany/profound thought "cryptonesia", which is the observation of something already learned being applicable in a different context.

Esper it's the strangest thing, but the themes which develop in my life all seem to have a corresponding videogame, which I play in order based on a feeling more than anything. As I play the RPG, then the theme just happens to be the focus of the story, even if there were no prior indication.

I've got an idea of why this is happening, and I think much more of our lives is destined than we ever previously imagined. And I mean that, for all of us.

It may have something to do with the final transcendent function, determination vs creativity. But I have no clue how that really operates. But why even discuss it? It's pointless... isn't it? There must be something to it, something important.

Do we all fear an unimportant destiny?
    Last edited by tcaudilllg; 08-17-2008 at 01:01 AM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tcaudilllg View Post
    Do we all fear an unimportant destiny?
    i believe on some level we do. otherwise why the fuck care about anything, let alone deep thoughts on things, existence, etc, the nature of the universe, life, our place here, etc.

and for those who are not consciously aware of these inner longings of understandings and contemplation of life, they go about head in the sand, happy. i wish i could be that way more. i really try, but it comes out somehow "wrong."