Thread: ISTp in Action

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation ISTp in Action

Here is a non-staged video, showing a casual interaction between me, (ENFp,) and my friend, smccosker, (mostly likely ISTp,) as he cooks a steak.

Please respond as to whether you believe this indicates that Sean is ISTp... He would genuinely like to know. Thank you.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Holy shit, how he stabbed that meat with the fork - the -meter just went off the charts.
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jxrtes View Post
    I still think you're either a very lazy ISTp, or an equally lazy ESTp.

It's a hard case though... I invite other people to say what they have to.

i think an equally lazy ESTp isn't out of the question. i see no real reason why an ESTp can't cook a steak and how knowledge of teflon pans is somehow the magic bullet for ISTp. my own father, who i believe is a fairly "obvious" ESTp (since we're apparently hung up on that term) is quite lazy and inactive outside of work.
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your mannerisms and expressions and tone are dead on with mine. You just talk a lot more than me

How long are you guys hanging out?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jessica129 View Post
    Your mannerisms and expressions and tone are dead on with mine. You just talk a lot more than me

I think he sounds and talks just as much as me. So, whatever that's worth.
    "Those who make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities..."

- Voltaire

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

smccosker seems like a probable Te-ISTp to me.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't mind me, i'm a mute.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@smccosker - why is juju your dual in your own words? another video response would be great if you care to do one.
    6w5 sx
    sloan - rcuei

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it's hard for me to get past the feeling that juju has a crush on him. juju, you seem to act like a giddy schoolgirl. and even seemed to want to kiss him in that other video of you two.

if that's not true, so be it. but, that's the "feel" i get from your interactions...(unless other ENFps kinda act like giddy schoolgirls... )

TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I'm definitely leaning towards SLI after watching this video. I was able to pick up on quite a bit of Te creative. It reminded me of the SLIs I know.

Keep the videos coming! I'm enjoying them.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by implied View Post
    i think an equally lazy ESTp isn't out of the question. i see no real reason why an ESTp can't cook a steak and how knowledge of teflon pans is somehow the magic bullet for ISTp. my own father, who i believe is a fairly "obvious" ESTp (since we're apparently hung up on that term) is quite lazy and inactive outside of work.
    Nobody said such was a magic bullet for ISTp.

And, I don't think that "why is he your dual in your own words", honestly, is going to reveal much. It's just going to be a regurgitation of whatever he knows about socionics.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UDP View Post
    Nobody said that cooking a steak was a magic bullet for ISTp.

And, I don't think that "why is he your dual in your own words", honestly, is going to reveal much. It's just going to be a regurgitation of whatever he knows about socionics.

well i'd like to know outside of socionics then what it is that is attractive about juju to him. i mean there was certainly enough talking up about how well they got along in the first video ("he's like a hot piece of toast and i'm like butter.") i don't see any reason why he can't extrapolate on that and list some qualities.
    6w5 sx
    sloan - rcuei

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh, I see.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UDP View Post
    Oh, I see.
    i don't actually think smccosker could be familiar enough with socionics at this point to be able to say, OH HE PROTECTS MY FE POLR BY BLA BLA BLA. or whatever. i could be wrong. but still i don't see what's wrong about asking him to describe why this is a person he would really like to hang out with a lot.

eta: doesn't even have to be juju specifically. just people he thinks he, in general, gets along with. and what types of people he doesn't get along with might be nice to know about as well.
    6w5 sx
    sloan - rcuei

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jessica129 View Post

Til tomorrow probably...

These cases for SLE--I would like to hear someone elaborate... Implied or jxrtes, (as those are the two primaries pushing for that type.)

New types have been suggested for me in the other thread... INFp most prominently... I would like to hear anyone make a case for that as well... I will be genuinely open to it--Sean is open to whatever anyone says too, regardless of type... We're just trying to get to the bottom of it, and appealing for help.

BTW, kissing... wtf?! we're friends. (Hi dmbmama!!! internet kiss to you.)
    Last edited by JuJu; 08-15-2008 at 02:59 AM.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jxrtes View Post
    Curious. Why do you think I'm pushing SLE?
    Sorry, I'll correct myself: beta ST... (E.g. that large post in the other thread.)

dmbmama, lol!! I do feel kinda giddy around him, and yes, ENFps sometimes act "giddy." (See: 'silly switch'--the infamous silly switch.)

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JuJu View Post
    New types have been suggested for me in the other thread... INFp most prominently... I would like to hear anyone make a case for that as well... I will be genuinely open to it--Sean is open to whatever anyone says too, regardless of type... We're just trying to get to the bottom of it, and appealing for help.
    well then, i think you're beta duals. and i'm sure you'd never agree with me on this thus i don't give a shit to argue it.
    6w5 sx
    sloan - rcuei

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think that most people want a fairly unanimous answer as to what their type is; that doesn't happen very often. Unless the person's behaviour is obvious, it's too difficult to give a lot of people a definite type.

Jason

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jason_m View Post
    I think that most people want a fairly unanimous answer as to what their type is; that doesn't happen very often. Unless the person's behaviour is obvious, it's too difficult to give a lot of people a definite type.

Jason
    I understand where you're coming from... But what's your take on this situation?

What would be more "obvious" than a non-staged video of a person doing what he normally does?

well then, i think you're beta duals. and i'm sure you'd never agree with me on this thus i don't give a shit to argue it.
    Then what's the point of you posting in the first place? I'm telling you that I am open-minded to what you have to write... I will admit if I am wrong--if there's evidence to prove what I've written is wrong.

All I'm asking is for an honest opinion... That's it.

from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, if you ARE Beta Duals .. I'd be proud to have you two in my quadra =D To be honest, Juju - you remind me a lot of myself and how I act around those I really like, all giddy and stuff... I can't stop smiling, giggling. I dunno, it's weird how much I took a liking to you from the first video you posted of yourself! Usually I wouldn't like IEEs all that much but something about you DOES seem very "familiar" to me. I dunno, I still see SLI as the best bet for smccosker though.

LSIs and SLEs act quite differently from how he acted in the video. Just compare Ezra and smccosker and you'll see the stark contrast.

Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Allie View Post
    Heh, my Ti-ESTp dad is a chef. It's annoying when Si gets associated with things like that.

yeah, i know. even reading the meged/ovcharov duality descriptions ISTjs are described as being good housemasters or wtfever and how this is useful to ENFjs. like an ISTp is the only one who can fix a car or cook a fucking steak.
    6w5 sx
    sloan - rcuei

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Til tomorrow probably...

These cases for SLE--I would like to hear someone elaborate... Implied or jxrtes, (as those are the two primaries pushing for that type.)

BTW, kissing... wtf?! we're friends. (Hi dmbmama!!! internet kiss to you.)
    SMACK! back atcha!

you just caught that one?

i wasn't sure what the ENFp silly switch "looked" like because i have a silly switch but it's not the same as yours. yours is cute, mine is more physically manic.

sorry i can't really give you a good idea between types for your friend's type. i admit to not being very good at seeing the differences yet...

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I understand where you're coming from... But what's your take on this situation?
    I'm not sure, but if I were to guess, I'd say ISTp. I'm not good at determining if someone has a lot of Si, Ne, etc. But what I do notice is that he has a low energy level. In Socionics, low energy levels are more associated with introversion than extraversion.

What would be more "obvious" than a non-staged video of a person doing what he normally does?
    It's often difficult to tell from someone's behaviour. To determine dominant functions, I think it's better to look for things that are internal instead of external. For that, you really have to probe the person to see what makes them tick. Even then, though, I think people will still disagree.

Jason

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Then what's the point of you posting in the first place? I'm telling you that I am open-minded to what you have to write... I will admit if I am wrong--if there's evidence to prove what I've written is wrong.

All I'm asking is for an honest opinion... That's it.

what, i can't post my opinions? anyhow, what's the point of me answering if all you'll do is get your friend to insult me in a video if i disagree with you?
    6w5 sx
    sloan - rcuei

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what, i can't post my opinions? anyhow, what's the point of me answering if all you'll do is get your friend to insult me in a video if i disagree with you?
    What are your opinions, Implied..?

Thank you for all of the responses so far, everyone

ScarlettLux, your post is great, and very thought-provoking. I would expand more on that now, except Sean and I just got back from a little run-in with the law, and I can barely think, nevermind write haha

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What are your opinions, Implied..?
    dammit i ordered a pizza with cheeseburger ketchup mayonnaise green bottle where is whatever timely onerous porcelain deity whence whatever inhumane treatises might be exfoliated horrendously like a sunday evening news i'm bob costas screwdriver eventually prime casing geosynchronous geological geodesic geodes proliferate luminously wherever luminous intensity exceeds superglue where is my pizza

Creepy-Cyclops

ISTp for McCosker, listening to you guys it sounds like fun. (JuJu in background voice is ENFp)

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sean and I just got back from a little run-in with the law, and I can barely think, nevermind write haha
    That's what you get for hanging out with an ISTP. Did it involve pedestrians at a crosswalk?