Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Ethical types in Conflict relations

  1. #1
    Blaze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    5,725
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Ethical types in Conflict relations

    i've noticed something kind of interesting about these lately.

    the conflict is felt more acutely and possibly intensely by the ethical type in the relationship. the logical type appears to perceive the conflict, but due to their weaker ethics, doesn't feel it as strongly and so is more willing to overlook it or try to work with the ethical person anyway. the more the logical does this, the greater repulsion the ethical feels and the more the ethical withdraws.

    anybody else notice this? ethicals, do you think i'm right?

    ILE

    those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

  2. #2
    Haikus
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    MI
    TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Posts
    10,060
    Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    I don't really agree with this. Imo, in conflict relationships you pretty much piss each other off mutually. But whoa the thing about the ethical type withdrawing makes sense, I think.

    I think your theory makes sense if the logical type is in a position of authority over the ethical type, and is also their conflictor -- which happened to me on my first job. Nothing I ever did was ever good enough for that woman, and we never saw eye to eye on anything... but initially I thought we'd get along great. Jeesh, was I wrong.

    If your conflictor is in the same social level as you are (ie coworker or acquaintance) I don't think your theory holds true though.

  3. #3
    redbaron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    9,321
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I think you're right Blaze. And I think it's probably because the ethical type can sooner sense the way things are headed (no, that's probably my own talking)
    IEI-Fe 4w3

  4. #4
    Blaze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    5,725
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves View Post
    I don't really agree with this. Imo, in conflict relationships you pretty much piss each other off mutually. But whoa the thing about the ethical type withdrawing makes sense, I think.

    I think your theory makes sense if the logical type is in a position of authority over the ethical type, and is also their conflictor -- which happened to me on my first job. Nothing I ever did was ever good enough for that woman, and we never saw eye to eye on anything... but initially I thought we'd get along great. Jeesh, was I wrong.

    If your conflictor is in the same social level as you are (ie coworker or acquaintance) I don't think your theory holds true though.
    yes....the conflicts do mutually piss each other off. but i'm saying the ethical type is more in touch with their repulsion. the logical type is in touch too, but less so, and, if the logical can see a logical reason to try to work together, then they will try to overlook the developing conflict, thinking that it can be overcome somehow due to whatever logical reason.

    i hadn't noticed this dynamic happening between people of unequal authority, but i would think that when it does, the person in authority, as the leader, has to try to give their conflict greater latitude. the person in less authority can behave - almost - however they want.

    ILE

    those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

  5. #5
    Blaze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    5,725
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
    I think you're right Blaze. And I think it's probably because the ethical type can sooner sense the way things are headed (no, that's probably my own talking)
    yes classic NiFe.

    other ethicals:

    FeNi
    SiFe
    FeSi
    SeFi
    FiSe
    NeFi
    FiNe

    if you're ethical, list how you respond to your conflict...do you feel it first or do they? who withdraws first? who tries to overcome the conflict?

    ILE

    those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

  6. #6
    So fluffeh. Cuddly McFluffles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    TIM
    ESI
    Posts
    2,780
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I know it's been rather unanimous on here that I'm ENFp; and maybe I am. But one of the things I have noticed in dealing with my stepfather (who seems ESTj) is that when we do argue, it's like hitting my head against a wall. During the argument, we usually don't get anywhere. I mentioned how much he and I disagree on things, and he didn't think we did; he asked if maybe there were some things I was thinking (that he didn't know about). So if we are Conflictors, yeah, I feel it more than he does.
    Johari/Nohari

    "Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

    Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

  7. #7
    redbaron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    9,321
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryene Astraelis View Post
    I know it's been rather unanimous on here that I'm ENFp; and maybe I am. But one of the things I have noticed in dealing with my stepfather (who seems ESTj) is that when we do argue, it's like hitting my head against a wall. During the argument, we usually don't get anywhere. I mentioned how much he and I disagree on things, and he didn't think we did; he asked if maybe there were some things I was thinking (that he didn't know about). So if we are Conflictors, yeah, I feel it more than he does.
    Oh! for some reason I thought you were INFp!
    IEI-Fe 4w3

  8. #8
    Darn Socks Director Abbie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Southwest USA
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    6,723
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blaze View Post
    i've noticed something kind of interesting about these lately.

    the conflict is felt more acutely and possibly intensely by the ethical type in the relationship. the logical type appears to perceive the conflict, but due to their weaker ethics, doesn't feel it as strongly and so is more willing to overlook it or try to work with the ethical person anyway. the more the logical does this, the greater repulsion the ethical feels and the more the ethical withdraws.

    anybody else notice this? ethicals, do you think i'm right?
    Interresting possibility. I don't mind being around INFps, but we're not around each other much. They're a mentally kerfuddled bunch, which is kinda fun to observe.

    ESTj
    1w2 sp/so 1-2-6
    Brilliand's Younger Sister
    Squishy's Older Sister

    Johari Nohari

    Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

  9. #9
    pluie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    TIM
    IEI 4 sx
    Posts
    300
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Unhappy

    Quote Originally Posted by Blaze View Post
    yes classic NiFe.

    other ethicals:

    FeNi
    SiFe
    FeSi
    SeFi
    FiSe
    NeFi
    FiNe

    if you're ethical, list how you respond to your conflict...do you feel it first or do they? who withdraws first? who tries to overcome the conflict?
    ahh. the original description sounds exactly right. except... i would say my SLI withdraws first. he gives up, but doesn't give in.

    i give IN first.

    by this i mean that he won't bend his opinion but he'll give up on arguing.

    and i'll end up apoligizing...
    and the part where he over looks conflict because he believes some logical reason will fix it, sounds exactly right. and i definitely feel the pain more. he never seems to understand how much pain i really feel when he says things like "this is dumb" or "you're just being weird".

    :/ we're getting out of a relationship we currently ended. ofcourse its impossible to end all relations abruptly, but it's fading, nonetheless. i'm not positive we're conflictors, but... eh.. looks like we are.

    p.s.
    i'm probably FeNi

    he's either SLI or SLE. sometimes i just can't tell... but i suppose i'm leaning towards SLI-Si (very strong S in general)

  10. #10
    tereg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    TIM
    EII/INFj
    Posts
    4,684
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    bump for post above this that was in mod queue
    INFj

    9w1 sp/sx

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •