Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Video of Smccosker and JuJu

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool Video of Smccosker and JuJu

Video of JuJu interviewing me... Now what do you think my type is..?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sean and Justin together, talking about Socionics... Illustrating a possible (probable?) duality relationship..? Please give your opinions.

TIM
    Se/Ni sx/sp
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

woah you guys met? Is it duality, then?
    maybe a saint is just a dead prick with a good publicist
    maybe tommorow's statues are insecure without their foes
    go ask the frog what the scorpion knows

TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What happened to the second video? It says it's unavailable.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sirena View Post
    What happened to the second video? It says it's unavailable.
    It's working now

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sean is genuinely trying to figure out his type--it is important to him--and he would appreciate sincere input regarding it.

I realize that his type became very controversial in a few other threads... Let's put all of that aside, and actually try to help him as best we can.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"niffweed, you're a fuckin' nerd"...

You guys are awesome, can I please be your friends? No seriously. You guys are good people. In the first video, Smccoskers answers were completely dead on with how i'd answer...completely. I don't know that I could answer as clearly as you did, but it's in line with how I think.

Smccoskers, I don't see SLE at all...I see a lot of myself and mannerisms in you and the way you act. A lot. If you're not SLI, I don't know what is.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i have no response to this thread. to me the socionics of this situation is obvious and it is clear by what was stated in the video that my further input would not be appreciated.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Juju, watching you on vid makes me smile so damn hard. And your hands are kind of hypnotic. And Sean, I could listen to you talk all day. Seriously, you have an awesome voice.

I'm very wary of trying to type people I don't know, so take this with a grain of salt. I watched the first vid first, and got you were going in a delta ST direction, which I wouldn't disagree with. Then I looked at the original typing thread for Sean, and WHOA it came across massively different. To the extent I wasn't sure it was the same person. Kept going through the whole thread (which, um, was hilarious!) and noticed the difference in the way Sean reacted to various responses there. I thought Juju made some good points there.

Then back to the 2nd vid, and hey, by this point I can definitely see why you've decided the way you have. Though the whole staying up for 24 hours straight thing sounds more like activity partners. And also making that immediate easy connection. But I'm saying this from my personal bias of hanging out constantly with my activity partner, and knowing more of them rather than duals.

Just wondering why every ST type except for LSE was considered? I'm not necessarily disagreeing with SLI though.
    allez cuisine!

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

eh, I think I'll delete my post too
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

JuJu, watching you on camera is hilarious - you do a lot of things I do when I'm happy (in company) - the hands, the gaze wondering everywhere, the sort of ducking your head when laughing, the constant shiftiness, looking upward (and breaking the gaze) when thinking...but since this is about typing smccosker:

1. IP>EP.
    2. The dismissiveness (of Niffleweed in this instance) and the kind of low-scale fidgeting (unlike JuJu who seems to shift his entire body, Smccosker seems to keep his body still, just fidgets with things) actually reminds me of SLIs I do know irl.
    3. Doesn't strike me like the SLEs I know - they seem to...lean forward more? When their talking there's more...energy from them. Smccosker seems to be 'leaning back' when talking.
    4. You guys don't interact like I do with SLEs.
    5. I read through the original typing thread for Smccosker and um, I get that he originally came across as very Se and everyone talked about how he seemed aggressive and volatile, but that's not necessarily determinative? My dad is SLI - one of the most relaxed people I know and I cannot imagine him busting anyone up, ever, but that's because he's much more settled now. When my dad was young, people thought he was really violent and angry and aggressive (even though all he wanted to do was like paint and sculpt, he still got into quite a few fights). A lot of that 'surface aggression' was just defensive though - he told me he was really self-conscious about his chipped tooth when he was young and that the teachers didn't like him, so he sort of developed this 'Keep Away' persona that kind of emanated 'I will beat the crap out of you'.

Just some thoughts.
    ()
    3w4-1w2-5w4 sx/sp

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ahaha, just read the other responses in this thread, and Sean, it seems like all of delta wants to claim you as ours!
    allez cuisine!

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by idolatrie View Post
    Juju, watching you on vid makes me smile so damn hard.
    me too

TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haha JuJu, you do remind me a lot of myself, as I've said before. The whole constant shifting of the eyes and body, movement of the hands, touch of nervousness in your voice, sort of an inability to stop smiling sometimes lol.

As for smc, I don't have a conclusive opinion on your type. I got a stronger impression of SLI from the first video than the second. But, I'm really not sure at this point. Sorry.

from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aww, you guys are so cute together. I really enjoy your vibes, the way you guys talk/interact. I think I'd get along with you guys, but I'm Betazoid... o0o0o0o0o Socionics iz wrrrong yo

Nah, seriously though - you guys definitely do seem like you're from the same quadra, whether that quadra is Beta, Delta, Gamma, Alpha.. etc. But I can clearly see IEE-SLI as the best fit, as Sean does seem very laid-back and not at all like I would expect an SLE to come across in a video. JuJu - I must once again say you are adorable and I love your dimples when you smile. Those SLIs are lucky folks to have you as a Dual! Another thing about Sean is that I do not see any usage of as an SLE would likely use it. There is no hidden agenda for it there, his face is usually quite deadpan in expression, something I associate with creatives, including Niffweed (lol) So yeah, Sean comes across a LOT different from his first thread wherein I really believed he was SLE without a doubt.

Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ScarlettLux View Post
    Aww, you guys are so cute together. I really enjoy your vibes, the way you guys talk/interact. I think I'd get along with you guys, but I'm Betazoid... o0o0o0o0o Socionics iz wrrrong yo
    Ya you're right. Any healthy person should be able to get along decent with another healthy person, so socionics should never be used as a prescriptive measure.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you... These comments are awesome!! Jessica, Scarlett, Sirena, idolatrie,, unefille

Sean is still chillin here--this is really awesome to read. (Makes my night, honestly.)

TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JuJu View Post

Thank you... These comments are awesome!! Jessica, Scarlett, Sirena, idolatrie,, unefille

Sean is still chillin here--this is really awesome to read. (Makes my night, honestly.)
    Yeah, I edited my post to include more about my thoughts on Sean's type.

Johari
    Nohari

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another thing about Sean is that I do not see any usage of as an SLE would likely use it. There is no hidden agenda for it there, his face is usually quite deadpan in expression, something I associate with creatives, including Niffweed (lol) So yeah, Sean comes across a LOT different from his first thread wherein I really believed he was SLE without a doubt.
    Yes! SLEs do this thing when they're talking (like putting someone down as Sean does in the video) - they want you to agree with them! They want you onside! They use everything, including their eyes and and their voice to like, really convince you about this common enemy/friend! They want some consensus on this!

And Sean is way too much: this is my opinion. Take it or leave it. No valuing at all.
    ()
    3w4-1w2-5w4 sx/sp

TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by unefille View Post
    Yes! SLEs do this thing when they're talking (like putting someone down as Sean does in the video) - they want you to agree with them! They want you onside! They use everything, including their eyes and and their voice to like, really convince you about this common enemy/friend! They want some consensus on this!

And Sean is way too much: this is my opinion. Take it or leave it. No valuing at all.
    That's so true lol!

Johari
    Nohari

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by smccosker View Post
    Sean and Justin together, talking about Socionics... Illustrating a possible (probable?) duality relationship..? Please give your opinions.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ArNm5FQJ6M
    Textbook duality here.

Justin brings Sean out of his shell and Justin gets so amused when Sean opens up and says these funny little Te-sum up remarks. Justin's got this scattered presence and Sean gives him direction - riding the current of the Si-introvert.

Sean is NOT ESTp. And Sean's bit about "You never met me...he is my friend" had a certain Fi undercurrent to it.

You guys are cool.

It doesn't even matter how long Justin's known Sean, because upon first meeting each other I'm sure Justin could tell right away Sean was his kin.

TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JuJu View Post

Cool! I really enjoyed the vibe I got from you guys in the video. I couldn't stop smiling. Hope you guys keep chillin' and having tons of adventures together!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by unefille View Post

Bingo. ESTps try to get people to see their opinion by reaching out to pull people in (Fe). Sean doesn't do that at all. He says his opinions in a way that's basically "Take it or leave it".

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    It doesn't even matter how long Justin's known Sean, because upon first meeting each other I'm sure Justin could tell right away Sean was his kin.
    LOL, I read that as "Sean was his king". lol
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I agree with Steve.

I want a dual

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Winterpark View Post
    LOL, I read that as "Sean was his king". lol
    lol

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jessica129 View Post
    I want a dual
    I agree with Jessica

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with Jessica
    I agree with Steve.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bingo. ESTps try to get people to see their opinion by reaching out to pull people in (Fe). Sean doesn't do that at all. He says his opinions in a way that's basically "Take it or leave it".
    Yeah, definitely!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To add further, the reason Fi people don't need to reach out in the same way as Fe people is because Fi is a field that connects everything, and by Sean saying what he said, it's like a built in assumption that the person will know how the Fi field connects and relate to his sentiments.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To add further, the reason Fi people don't need to reach out in the same way as Fe people is because Fi is a field that connects everything, and by Sean saying what he said, it's like a built in assumption that the person will know how the Fi field connects and relate to his sentiments.
    makes perfect sense

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Huh. I'm a little surprised at this thread. The first video seemed like an appeal to convince people that Sean is ISTp, IMO, and it came off as very staged. It didn't seem natural to me at all. More like a projection of what they wanted to people to hear. And they wanted people to hear it because Sean is Justin's Dual. I believe it's true, especially after the second video. Not much question in my mind that you two are duals. But I think the only reason people would claim that Sean is ISTp is because they think Justin is ENFp, and thus the conclusion is self-evident.

But I don't think Sean is ISTp after that video. Nor do I think Justin is INFp. I think it's more like ESTp-INFp duality, which I don't think you guys want to hear, but I'm just being honest. Seeing that second video. It just seems so strikingly ESTp-INFp to me.

Sorry to leave this hanging like that, but when I get home tonight I'm going to make a note of all the things I saw that seem ESTp-INFp to me, and all the things I see wrong with ISTp-ENFp. I don't want to make claims and statements that may be projections of what I remember from my discussion last night, but a few of us on stickam built a pretty good case for ESTp-INFp last night after watching the videos a few times. Rest assured, there is a well-constructed case coming your way based on specific observations. I'm not about to contradict you based on vagueries. I've got a doozy of a post coming your way, so hold on to your seats.
    ILE
    7w8 so/sp

Very busy with work. Only kind of around.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mn0good View Post
    Huh. I'm a little surprised at this thread. The first video seemed like an appeal to convince people that Sean is ISTp, IMO, and it came off as very staged. It didn't seem natural to me at all. More like a projection of what they wanted to people to hear. And they wanted people to hear it because Sean is Justin's Dual. I believe it's true, especially after the second video. Not much question in my mind that you two are duals. But I think the only reason people would claim that Sean is ISTp is because they think Justin is ENFp, and thus the conclusion is self-evident.

But I don't think Sean is ISTp after that video. Nor do I think Justin is INFp. I think it's more like ESTp-INFp duality, which I don't think you guys want to hear, but I'm just being honest. Seeing that second video. It just seems so strikingly ESTp-INFp to me.

Sorry to leave this hanging like that, but when I get home tonight I'm going to make a note of all the things I saw that seem ESTp-INFp to me, and all the things I see wrong with ISTp-ENFp. I don't want to make claims and statements that may be projections of what I remember from my discussion last night, but a few of us on stickam built a pretty good case for ESTp-INFp last night after watching the videos a few times. Rest assured, there is a well-constructed case coming your way based on specific observations. I'm not about to contradict you based on vagueries. I've got a doozy of a post coming your way, so hold on to your seats.
    '
    Yes it is clear that it's staged and exaggerated, but looking past that I don't see Justin as being anything other than ENFp, and it just didn't seem to me that Sean clashed that much with him.

Edit: Yes it is true that people in opposite quadras can get along well if both are healthy, and it's remotely possible that that's what Sean is (I'd like to hear more specific arguments), but I have a much harder time seeing JuJu as non-Ne.
    Last edited by Steve; 08-14-2008 at 07:43 PM.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmm, that's interesting. I'm looking forward to that. JuJu doesn't seem INFP at all to me but i'd like to hear the argument.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I could see ESTp-INFp or ESTp-ENFp. What is clear to me is that they are both irrationals and JuJu is an ethical type.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Winterpark View Post
    I could see ESTp-INFp or ESTp-ENFp. What is clear to me is that they are both irrationals and JuJu is an ethical type.

i can support this. i feel more certain about smccosker being SLE than juju being something else. i could see IXFp for him easily, although i think he reminds me a bit of barack obama hah.
    Last edited by implied; 08-14-2008 at 08:30 PM.
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So then who is a true ISTP? Is it just a fictional type? I don't get it. If SM is estp, then that makes me question whether I am...I'm confused. No one seems to think of anyone as ISTP. Even force my hand who is quite obviously one of the most clearly identifiable ISTP members here has been labeled other types. I could post a video of myself and it'd be very much in line with how SM is. My knowledge of socionics is almost non existant at this point. I give up.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To throw one more opinion into the mix, I agree with everyone who has previously posted stating that Sean is an ISTp and JuJu is an ENFp. ISTps can be sensitive to criticism and it's easy to misinterpret aggressive speech as Se when it's really Fe PoLR flaring up.
    Last edited by RSV3; 08-14-2008 at 08:21 PM.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There's probably more Delta wannabees on this forum than actual Deltas.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think Shaun (Shawn? Sean?) is an SLE. I think SEI isn't a bad bet. If he's an SLI, my understanding of SLIs is very different. However, I totally related to this aggressive, in-your-face attitude of the SLE he knows, and I think Shaun is quite clearly not Se/Ni valuing, because he quite clearly does not feel comfortable with the kind of aggression that SLEs demonstrate.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast